PDA

View Full Version : First "smart" pistol hits the shelves in California

TSA
02-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Hold on intruder, let me get my watch on and punch in my pin number. Fuck! where is my watch. Fuck! what's my pin number. Fuck! Watch battery is dead.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/02/20/first-smart-pistol-shelves-in-california/?intcmp=obnetwork

The first so-called “smart gun” has hit the shelves at U.S. retail outlets, including one of the biggest firearms stores in California, according to the Washington Post.

The Smart System iP1, a .22-caliber pistol made by the German gun-maker Armatix GmbH, can only function with an accompanying wristwatch, which is sold separately.

When the RFID-equipped watch is activated by a PIN number and placed near the gun — like when a shooter grips the handle — it sends a signal to unlock the gun and a light on the back of the weapon turns green, according to the report. Otherwise, the firearm stays locked and the light on the back remains red, it stated.

The pistol sells for $1,399 and the watch retails for another $399 — more than double the cost of .40-caliber Glock handgun, according to the article.

The company is betting that demand for the technology will increase as consumers seek guns modified for safety.

baseline bum
02-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Hold on intruder, let me get my watch on and punch in my pin number. Fuck! where is my watch. Fuck! what's my pin number. Fuck! Watch battery is dead.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/02/20/first-smart-pistol-shelves-in-california/?intcmp=obnetwork

The first so-called “smart gun” has hit the shelves at U.S. retail outlets, including one of the biggest firearms stores in California, according to the Washington Post.

The Smart System iP1, a .22-caliber pistol made by the German gun-maker Armatix GmbH, can only function with an accompanying wristwatch, which is sold separately.

When the RFID-equipped watch is activated by a PIN number and placed near the gun — like when a shooter grips the handle — it sends a signal to unlock the gun and a light on the back of the weapon turns green, according to the report. Otherwise, the firearm stays locked and the light on the back remains red, it stated.

The pistol sells for $1,399 and the watch retails for another $399 — more than double the cost of .40-caliber Glock handgun, according to the article.

The company is betting that demand for the technology will increase as consumers seek guns modified for safety.

Sorry bro, I'll buy this and save the other $500 for backpage tbh

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765500_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Bender
02-21-2014, 10:02 PM
we'll see about that.

Nbadan
02-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Sorry bro, I'll buy this and save the other $500 for backpage tbh

Damn bum.....

Nbadan
02-21-2014, 10:39 PM
High end I could see a demand for a smart gun....especially since your more likely to have your gun stolen and used in a crime than ever use it for home defense...gun owners who don't secure their guns should be held criminally and civilly liable if that gun is stolen and subsequently used in a crime...bottom line...

TSA
02-22-2014, 12:54 AM
High end I could see a demand for a smart gun....especially since your more likely to have your gun stolen and used in a crime than ever use it for home defense...gun owners who don't secure their guns should be held criminally and civilly liable if that gun is stolen and subsequently used in a crime...bottom line...

Only a liberal would say someone who had something STOLEN from them should be punished.

TSA
02-22-2014, 01:38 AM

And exactly who would buy a "smart" gun, really, who?
Are your electronic devices fail safe? Have electronics ever been? Will you be buying stock in this company?

boutons_deux
02-22-2014, 01:41 AM
smart guns outsmart dickless gun fellators, duh

Nbadan
02-22-2014, 03:08 AM
Only a liberal would say someone who had something STOLEN from them should be punished.

So your OK with the whole ATF-mexican gun thingy...good to know..

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2014, 05:35 AM
a smart gun is gun that shoots the shooter pulling the guns trigger....where can i buy one of them

TSA
02-22-2014, 10:30 AM
So your OK with the whole ATF-mexican gun thingy...good to know..

What does that have to do with this

.gun owners who don't secure their guns should be held criminally and civilly liable if that gun is stolen and subsequently used in a crime...bottom line...

TSA
02-22-2014, 10:31 AM
a smart gun is gun that shoots the shooter pulling the guns trigger....where can i buy one of them

Think really hard about what you just said.

boutons_deux
02-22-2014, 11:09 AM

Any gun owner who allows his gun to be stolen by not securing it must be liable, at very minium a very stiff fine, for allowing his gun into possession of a thief.

If the new owner murders with the original owner's gun, the original owner is to be charged with accessory to murder.

micro-stamping is a wonderful way to trace gun crimes.

boutons_deux
02-22-2014, 11:11 AM
also, if the shooter is, eg a kid, who accidentally kills or injures himself or others with the gun owner's gun, the gun owner is to be charged as accessory to the killing or injury.

TSA
02-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Any gun owner who allows his gun to be stolen by not securing it must be liable, at very minium a very stiff fine, for allowing his gun into possession of a thief.

If the new owner murders with the original owner's gun, the original owner is to be charged with accessory to murder. "For allowing his gun into possession of a thief" :lol no one ALLOWS a thief to take anything you fucking idiot.

micro-stamping is a wonderful way to trace gun crimes.not really. What's to stop a criminal from filing the stamp off the firing pin or just replacing the firing pin? What's to stop a criminal from changing out the barrel? What's to stop a criminal from collecting previously stamped casings and using those? Liberals like yourself don't think things through and just like feel good laws.

TSA
02-22-2014, 11:33 AM
also, if the shooter is, eg a kid, who accidentally kills or injures himself or others with the gun owner's gun, the gun owner is to be charged as accessory to the killing or injury.

Now this agree with. If you have kids in the house and leave a gun unsecured and they hurt or kill themselves you should be held responsible.

Bender
02-22-2014, 09:25 PM
Stupidity runs rampant in any spurstalk thread about guns