PDA

View Full Version : 2-3, dead last in our division...

racm
10-19-2013, 10:52 PM
Is this a cause for concern?

hooperflash
10-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Not too many offensive sets on display, hoping for some suffocating defense when the season starts.

ElNono
10-19-2013, 11:00 PM
coasting

racm
10-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Not too many offensive sets on display, hoping for some suffocating defense when the season starts.

coasting

Gotta hope this is just CIA Pop not GAF about the preseason, tbh

TheyCallMePro
10-19-2013, 11:09 PM
I am concerned. We looked flat tonight. You would think we had just won the Championship on that home floor last season, not lost it. Despite all of our starters starting and playing significant minutes, we were blown out by the Heat's B team. Disgraceful.

I don't care if it's a preseason game, I think we look worse this season. Parker has turned into a turnover machine. Duncan looks finished. Manu is Manu, and Splitter STILL can't finish two feet from the rim and Danny Green can't dribble the ball if his life depended on it.

Were taking a step back this season. Kawhi is going to be great. But were looking at a 6-7 seed come playoff time. This team is going to spend the first 3 months of the season licking their wounds from the Finals. They need to snap out of it. Right now. Or it's over. I'm serious.

RD2191
10-19-2013, 11:17 PM
just getting used to some new rotations, no cause for concern imo. Guys don't seem all that motivated.

Skull-1
10-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Second round exit, good preseason or bad.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Yeah we allowed a lot of points tonight.

Kind of nervous. We'll see. Gonna be one hell of a ride.

dunkman
10-19-2013, 11:30 PM
preseason game, nothing to worry about.

ElNono
10-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Despite all of our starters starting and playing significant minutes

Kawhi played 12 mins. Manu 13. Tony took 4 shots.

The defense isn't there yet, that much is clear. It'll take a while to get all the pieces together and in gear. That's why they play these games.

barakz21
10-19-2013, 11:40 PM
For as long as I remember following the spurs in preseason, I never really remembered them dominating in preseason. I've never worried in years passed, and I'm not gonna start now.

ElNono
10-19-2013, 11:42 PM
how is the next draft?

apalisoc_9
10-19-2013, 11:43 PM
tanking for wiggins tbh

Biernutz
10-20-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm not worried

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/sheldon.gif

Juggity
10-20-2013, 12:16 AM
I am concerned. We looked flat tonight. You would think we had just won the Championship on that home floor last season, not lost it. Despite all of our starters starting and playing significant minutes, we were blown out by the Heat's B team. Disgraceful.

I don't care if it's a preseason game, I think we look worse this season. Parker has turned into a turnover machine. Duncan looks finished. Manu is Manu, and Splitter STILL can't finish two feet from the rim and Danny Green can't dribble the ball if his life depended on it.

Were taking a step back this season. Kawhi is going to be great. But were looking at a 6-7 seed come playoff time. This team is going to spend the first 3 months of the season licking their wounds from the Finals. They need to snap out of it. Right now. Or it's over. I'm serious.

You forgot the blue font

wildcardX
10-20-2013, 12:19 AM
It's not how you start the season but how you finish it. Hell, last year even the way they finished the season was bad. Who would've thought they would even reach the finals then? Plus it's just the preseason way to early to worry yet.

PlayNando
10-20-2013, 01:02 AM
It's preseason, tbh.

HI-FI
10-20-2013, 01:23 AM
I always remember the Raiders going 4-0 in the preseason, looking like they turned things around, and then once again sucking ass in the regular season.

I like that Pop is liberal with the rotations, now is the time, same with regular season. It's weird seeing these coaches play their starters so much in the pre-season, even the Heat seemed to be trying to make a statement with the minutes for Bosh and Wade.

ElNono
10-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Lakeshow were 0-8 in the preseason last season... now THAT will get you worried...

HI-FI
10-20-2013, 01:36 AM
Lakeshow were 0-8 in the preseason last season... now THAT will get you worried...

and knowing D'Antoni, that was probably with the starters playing lots of minutes.

racm
10-20-2013, 01:50 AM
I always remember the Raiders going 4-0 in the preseason, looking like they turned things around, and then once again sucking ass in the regular season.

I like that Pop is liberal with the rotations, now is the time, same with regular season. It's weird seeing these coaches play their starters so much in the pre-season, even the Heat seemed to be trying to make a statement with the minutes for Bosh and Wade.

You'd think Bud wasn't a Pop disciple the way he closed out the game with his starters against the Spurs third string.

and knowing D'Antoni, that was probably with the starters playing lots of minutes.

It was still Mike Brown as HC last preseason.

HI-FI
10-20-2013, 01:53 AM
You'd think Bud wasn't a Pop disciple the way he closed out the game with his starters against the Spurs third string.

It was still Mike Brown as HC last preseason.
:lol
I already forgot about that.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-20-2013, 02:21 AM
Kawhi played 12 mins. Manu 13. Tony took 4 shots.

The defense isn't there yet, that much is clear. It'll take a while to get all the pieces together and in gear. That's why they play these games.

They tried that 2-3 zone for a half which was very obviously a work in progress. The Heat would flood a corner with two shooters, pass to one who would shot fake it, where that zone defender would jump at, and pass it to the other guy for an uncontested 3. Our guys had no notion of situational adjustments in the zone and the Heat were versed in flooding zones and breaking it with an outside shot.

They didn't play James but they did play their primary rotation it showed too. They used their old playbook and sets. All the while we were trotting out shit like Mills/Nando, Manu, Belli, Ayers, Diaw and similar permutations. Any twosome of Diaw/Ayers/Bonner is enough to make me vomit. Turd towers redux. Mills/Nando was awful and the entire team just didn't seem to value the basketball.

Popovich is tinkering with things and some things just look like shit. I wonder if that zone comes from Boylen because we do have the horses to make it work with quick long perimeter defenders that can collapse and recover and multiple bigs that can anchor it. We rebounded well out of it which was surprising considering how shitty we have been at that in zones in the past.

Baam
10-20-2013, 02:31 AM
They tried that 2-3 zone for a half which was very obviously a work in progress. The Heat would flood a corner with two shooters, pass to one who would shot fake it, where that zone defender would jump at, and pass it to the other guy for an uncontested 3. Our guys had no notion of situational adjustments in the zone and the Heat were versed in flooding zones and breaking it with an outside shot.

They didn't play James but they did play their primary rotation it showed too. They used their old playbook and sets. All the while we were trotting out shit like Mills/Nando, Manu, Belli, Ayers, Diaw and similar permutations. Any twosome of Diaw/Ayers/Bonner is enough to make me vomit. Turd towers redux. Mills/Nando was awful and the entire team just didn't seem to value the basketball.

Popovich is tinkering with things and some things just look like shit. I wonder if that zone comes from Boylen because we do have the horses to make it work with quick long perimeter defenders that can collapse and recover and multiple bigs that can anchor it. We rebounded well out of it which was surprising considering how shitty we have been at that in zones in the past.

Don't talk about lineups and scrubs when TP and Duncan got some of worst plus minus...

Monkeyboy14
10-20-2013, 02:31 AM
Some of you are retarded I swear. Couple bad games in the FUCKING preseason and you are on suicide watch... Starting to see why the people downstairs hate you bitches so much

Monkeyboy14
10-20-2013, 02:32 AM

Come on.. Is this not the saddest and bitchiest comment ever? Gimme a break..

FuzzyLumpkins
10-20-2013, 03:01 AM
Don't talk about lineups and scrubs when TP and Duncan got some of worst plus minus...

They ran the same scheme with doubling Parker up top as they did last season. We didn't tried to adjust to that and were trying that new zone on our end. The Heat wanted that game a hell of a lot more than we did. All of what I wrote still stands. At the end of the day we were trying new things and they were trying to beat us.

And I repeat, just because Blair is gone does not mean that the Turd Towers are a thing of the past.

Godbama
10-20-2013, 03:02 AM
how do we usually do in the preseason? how did we do last year? I never pay attention to the preseason standings because the concept of doing so and drawing MAJOR conclusions about it tends to seem so retarded

Plumblbw
10-20-2013, 03:31 AM
You forgot the blue font

I like what you did there Jugs, but it brings up something that has been bugging me.... The Blue font. It's a sad story that people have had to use a different colour font to denote sarcasm. If someone needs a different colour font to know a comment is sarcastic, it completely defeats the point of posting a sarcastic comment in the first place. It's like me saying in a face to face conversation "Oh btw, this next thing I'm about to say is going to be sarcastic", which instantly makes it less funny. Sarcasm is supposed to be said dead pan and serious. The more serious you make it sound the funnier it is when the person twigs you're being sarcastic.

An example of this from way ago when we didn't have a backup SF to HWSNBN:

Poster 1 - "We could move Matt Bonner to the backup SF. With his elite lateral quickness, lockdown perimeter defence and 3-point ability he would be ideal"
(I'm p155ing myself laughing at this point knowing he is being sarcastic)

Poster 2 - "You don't know what the fff you're talking about. Bonner would get killed by every SF in the league!!!"

Poster 1 - "I was being sarcastic".

Poster 2 - "Well, you should have used the blue font"

No he shouldn't of. If I had read that same comment in the blue font already knowing he was being sarcastic it wouldn't have been half as funny. Why do people not understand sarcasm?

Juggity
10-20-2013, 03:49 AM
I like what you did there Jugs, but it brings up something that has been bugging me.... The Blue font. It's a sad story that people have had to use a different colour font to denote sarcasm. If someone needs a different colour font to know a comment is sarcastic, it completely defeats the point of posting a sarcastic comment in the first place.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you. Sarcasm loses its punch when it's too obvious.

That said, there are a lot of people on spurstalk who genuinely believe crazy things, like KBP, guitardude27, avante, cosmored, mouse and so many more. Sometimes it's pretty difficult to figure out if a poster is genuinely stupid or stating something ridiculous for the purpose of highlighting its ridiculousness.

I guess when posters use the blue font, even though it isn't really funny, at least you know they don't really believe what they're saying.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-20-2013, 04:11 AM
Yeah, I definitely agree with you. Sarcasm loses its punch when it's too obvious.

That said, there are a lot of people on spurstalk who genuinely believe crazy things, like KBP, guitardude27, avante, cosmored, mouse and so many more. Sometimes it's pretty difficult to figure out if a poster is genuinely stupid or stating something ridiculous for the purpose of highlighting its ridiculousness.

I guess when posters use the blue font, even though it isn't really funny, at least you know they don't really believe what they're saying.

Think about how sarcasm is used in conversation. There is normally a tone involved. You drawl it out so as to indicate your derision. The only times you don't do that is when you are with people that you know and you are talking to someone that does not know you. At that point you are using it to mock the person in question as an inside joke.

OTOH, if you just speak normally and say 'sarcastic' things to people they are going to think you are earnest in the belief or stupid or something of that nature. What you end with here on the net is people saying stupid shit, being called on it and then saying that it was a joke, sarcasm or whatever other excuse to indicate that they didn't really mean the shit that you were just saying. It's an instant out from any accountability for saying stupid shit.

Blue font gives the same effect s the drawl. If you drawl your sarcasm in speech then I don't see why you wouldn't do the same here.

xmas1997
10-20-2013, 06:16 AM
Typical preseason.
Spurs dead last.
Fans panicky.

KaiRMD1
10-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Not concerned

hyhy
10-20-2013, 09:26 AM
You cant play zone against a team of 3 point shooters. Its suicide. You just find yourself trying to cover up your lost ground all the time. Zone is better for defending strong big-mans.

Jwash_1986
10-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Everyone with the negative comments y'all tripping for real. They just went to the finals and was 28 secs from another championship. How could even a low set-esteem Spurs fan be concerned? I wory about some of y'all on here y'all like borderline suicidal now that's cause for concern.

dbreiden83080
10-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Pre-season is for getting in shape and not getting hurt..

That's really it..

Biernutz
10-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Nothing counts till Oct 30 at 7:35 PM then game on. It's all practice till then.

exstatic
10-20-2013, 12:56 PM
We've either acquired a BUNCH of dumbass posters this summer or some very subtle trolls....

Hoops Czar
10-20-2013, 02:24 PM
I don't care much for preseason. What I do know is there are more question marks surrounding this year's team than last.

xmas1997
10-20-2013, 02:31 PM
We've either acquired a BUNCH of dumbass posters this summer or some very subtle trolls....

I think it must be the former, because these posters claim over and over again to be fans. If true, then the only other explanation is that they are really really dumb assed.

look_at_g_shred
10-20-2013, 02:40 PM
The struggle

Arnold Toht
10-20-2013, 04:16 PM
I love 6. :lol

cd021
10-20-2013, 04:29 PM
tanking for wiggins tbh

Brutalis
10-20-2013, 05:01 PM
52-30 worst case.

elmanutres
10-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Typical preseason.
Spurs dead last.
Fans panicky.

Reminds me of the cliffdiving extravaganza we had against the warriors last season

Monkeyboy14
10-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Reminds me of the cliffdiving extravaganza we had against the warriors last season
Truth

RD2191
10-20-2013, 06:32 PM
:wakeup

sananspursfan21
10-20-2013, 06:43 PM
who cares, it's preseason.. they could go 0-8 and i wouldn't care

Plum Island
10-20-2013, 06:51 PM
tanking for wiggins tbh

Totally obvious.

Spurs lottery voodoo is strong.

james evans
10-20-2013, 07:54 PM
i can't believe people actually watch preseason games in any sport. they are as pointless as the nfl's pro bowl. nobody really plays hard. the only teams that play hard are those that will have losing records during the regular season. i simply don't watch them or care to know what has happened in them

Sean Cagney
10-21-2013, 12:45 AM
I love 6. :lol

I love 4........

BTW why are you still a Mavs fan? Make up your mind sir :lol:lol

look_at_g_shred
10-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Enjoy watching the pre-season to see Leonard play!

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-21-2013, 02:23 PM
There's absolutely no way we're winning the pre-season championship at the rate we're going. F'ing Pop! :pctoss

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-23-2013, 07:04 AM

:lmao

Pre-season dude.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-23-2013, 07:05 AM

Yeah, that was a freakin disgrace, and those responsible for it, you know who you are.

exstatic
10-23-2013, 07:43 AM
I love 4........

BTW why are you still a Mavs fan? Make up your mind sir :lol:lol

He's a troll from "downstairs". Don't pay him no nevermind.

look_at_g_shred
10-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Yeah, that was a freakin disgrace, and those responsible for it, you know who you are.
lol I remember that haha... Wasn't there a thread titled "They're better than us" ? lol

MVPCues
10-23-2013, 08:55 AM

From one GNSF to another, GTFO. I mean...really?

D-rob fan
10-23-2013, 10:24 AM
We could go winless in the preseason and I wouldn't bat an eye. Preseason is mainly to get players warmed up, test out new plays and see how new guys play. Sure, they would like to win. Everyone has that competitive spirit but I am sure winning is below some other goals that Pop wants to take away from the game.

LongtimeSpursFan
10-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Pop getting outcoached again by Spo. Here come the Poputards coming to defend him. Seriously, no Lebron and we still lose. Why wasn't Duncan in the last quarter to get rebounds?

DieHardSpursFan1537
10-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Pre-season doesn't mean anything.