PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Lakers.... Playoffs.....

whitemamba
02-14-2013, 01:57 AM
Imho, i dont think they make it this year, the hole is officially to deep, and unless our season beging thursday, we have no chance.. utah seems to be playing consistent ball.. unless houston actually seriously tanks, lakers are out. and that brings up the issue of the off season, do you blow the team up.. and try to rebuild,, i doubt it due to kobes remaining years. they still want to send him out as well equipped as possible, and well deserved. and even if we do get to the playoffs, we are not playing good enough D or team ball to get anywhere. cant go up by 20 and win by 1 against shit teams, that wont get it done in the playoffs, especially against the elite teams.. we need to go 20-9 to sneak into the playoffs with houston and lmao tlong teams to tank.. unfortunately injuries have been non stop for us this whole year, but thats part of the game and its no excuse, but you cant contend for a championship with no chemistry or time on the court.. so might as well let this year slide and starting gettin ready for next.

DJB
02-14-2013, 01:58 AM
Cool story, bro. FTL. :tu

ElNono
02-14-2013, 02:06 AM
I think it's time to officially tell the Kobester and Nash to fake an injury, shut down Howard, and let him and Pau get healthy for next season. Then they have the :cry injuries :cry cop-out (as I predicted, tbh).

Once Howard's shoulder heals, hire a shooting coach and make him practice freebies. He'll have all the time in the world to do that. Kobe can head to Eagle, Co to release some steam or fly to Germany and get another dead baby fetuses on his knee to extend his career for another 3-4 seasons. Nash will be busy enough ducking his children.

The big elephant in the room with this plan is the coach, IMO. The chances of D'Antoni and his system to ever win the title are probably in the area of 0.00000000001%. If management is going to keep him around, they have to somehow infiltrate the coaching staff and insert a defensive coach somehow. It won't stop Pringles from playing washed up Jamison over Gasol, but maybe the rest of the guys will give a shit on D.

Thebesteva
02-14-2013, 02:37 AM
Imho, i dont think they make it this year, the hole is officially to deep, and unless our season beging thursday, we have no chance.. utah seems to be playing consistent ball.. unless houston actually seriously tanks, lakers are out. and that brings up the issue of the off season, do you blow the team up.. and try to rebuild,, i doubt it due to kobes remaining years. they still want to send him out as well equipped as possible, and well deserved. and even if we do get to the playoffs, we are not playing good enough D or team ball to get anywhere. cant go up by 20 and win by 1 against shit teams, that wont get it done in the playoffs, especially against the elite teams.. we need to go 20-9 to sneak into the playoffs with houston and lmao tlong teams to tank.. unfortunately injuries have been non stop for us this whole year, but thats part of the game and its no excuse, but you cant contend for a championship with no chemistry or time on the court.. so might as well let this year slide and starting gettin ready for next.

WhiteMamba, look at it this way. If this was the Lakers of 2005-2006, I'd understand the 'concern' about making it to the playoffs. This team was assembled to win it now, so sneaking into the 8th seed and even miraculously making it to round 2 is considered a HUGE failure considering the $100 million dollar payroll and the closing windows on Kobe\Pau\Nash.

The best this team can do now is start rebuilding, they have to sign Dwight and hope he returns to form and go in the direction of building around Dwight. Ultimately, they have to go after Kyrie or Durant by 2015. The boys over at LG think the Lakers should go in the direction of Kobe, completely ignoring the fact that Kobe is a year away before he retires. Sadly, as retarded as he may be, Dwight is the future and they need to get someone like D. Fish or Phil to neuter him and calm his ass down.

I think it's gonna be a few years before the Lakers make it back, also I'm CALLING IT now, Dr. Buss is going to make his son step down and replace Jim with Jeanie or atleast get Jeanie involved somehow. Jim is a fucking idiot.

Oh also...playoffs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

irishock
02-14-2013, 03:01 AM
Kobe won't retire until he gets his sixth ring

Latarian Milton
02-14-2013, 08:55 AM
lakers don't have no 1st round picks this year so they don't have on reason to tank. they're gonna need to make the playoffs at least in order to convince the drama queen to re-sign with them. rocks are going to lose some games w/o harden so the window for the lakers has not closed yet imho

Raven
02-14-2013, 10:26 AM
I think it's time to officially tell the Kobester and Nash to fake an injury, shut down Howard, and let him and Pau get healthy for next season. Then they have the :cry injuries :cry cop-out (as I predicted, tbh).

Once Howard's shoulder heals, hire a shooting coach and make him practice freebies. He'll have all the time in the world to do that. Kobe can head to Eagle, Co to release some steam or fly to Germany and get another dead baby fetuses on his knee to extend his career for another 3-4 seasons. Nash will be busy enough ducking his children.

The big elephant in the room with this plan is the coach, IMO. The chances of D'Antoni and his system to ever win the title are probably in the area of 0.00000000001%. If management is going to keep him around, they have to somehow infiltrate the coaching staff and insert a defensive coach somehow. It won't stop Pringles from playing washed up Jamison over Gasol, but maybe the rest of the guys will give a shit on D.

The Bricker has already faked an injury on his elbow tbh..

bluebellmaniac
02-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Utah or Houston is going to fall back a couple games, I feel it in my bones. So the hill to climb for LA is not that steep. With Stern having the refs bail them out at every opportunity, they will certainly make the playoffs. They are hands down the most talented team in the NBA and we are at crunch time when even DH will realize that he and Kobe will have to get along just enough to limp into the playoffs. DH doesn't want to miss the playoffs and Kobe is fearful that a playoff miss will tarnish his legacy as the GOAT. Kobe, amazingly, has already realized this as is evidenced by his "sacrificing" of scoring in recent games. LA simply can not afford another 5 game skid, and if that means Kobe becomes Kobe Johnson, then so be it. Look for Kobe to "sacrifice" until the team has officially cemented that 8th spot, then it's lights out on his taking shots again.

spurraider21
02-14-2013, 11:24 AM
the lakers are fine. don't they play phoenix 13 more times this year? oh wait, they don't? arite i might have to retract my statement