PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs will reduce OKC to a bunch of chuckers

Calispursfan11
05-25-2012, 09:19 PM
OKCs shooting pct will be atrocious against the Spurs D, especially since Harden and Westbrick are already chuckerd as it is. Expect them to routinely put up 3/14 and get blown out in a couple of games.

spurspokesman
05-26-2012, 08:26 AM
OKCs shooting pct will be atrocious against the Spurs D, especially since Harden and Westbrick are already chuckerd as it is. Expect them to routinely put up 3/14 and get blown out in a couple of games.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. Underestimation is historically a recipe for disaster. Hopefully the spurs don't think this way.

100%duncan
05-26-2012, 08:29 AM
:rolleyes

dmon35
05-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. Underestimation is historically a recipe for disaster. Hopefully the spurs don't think this way.

as a fan and spectator, he can think how ever he wants to...Its the players job to stay focused and not underestimate anybody.

TE
05-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Let's hope so

spurspokesman
05-26-2012, 08:44 AM
as a fan and spectator, he can think how ever he wants to...Its the players job to stay focused and not underestimate anybody.

Agreed as I stated in my post about the spurs staying focused. I want to believe and hope they do shoot horribly but nothings a sure thing man. Nothing more or less.

racm
05-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Leave it to fans to be confident and to the team and Pop to have appropriate fear.

pgardn
05-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Even if they turn into chuckers, they are dangerous chuckers.

Westbrook, Durant, Harden.

Clearly the most potent backcourt in the NBA. Durant and Harden are Kobe-like imo. They can make the most difficult shots even if you play great D on them. Its a bit deflating for most team's D. You work your butt off to have circus shots go in all game. That tough.

Hopefully Westbrook is the one taking jumpers with a hand in his face.

spursfaninla
05-26-2012, 12:39 PM
This is the best jump-shooting team in the league, and certainly the best left in the playoffs. They are dangerous as chuckers. They have three guys who can drop 30 on us consistently; the rest of the team gets table scraps offensively.

I just want them taking bad shots. That is the goal of our defense. If we do that, we just try to play good offense and that should be good enough to beat them.

spursfaninla
05-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Even if they turn into chuckers, they are dangerous chuckers.

Westbrook, Durant, Harden.

Clearly the most potent backcourt in the NBA. Durant and Harden are Kobe-like imo. They can make the most difficult shots even if you play great D on them. Its a bit deflating for most team's D. You work your butt off to have circus shots go in all game. That tough.

Hopefully Westbrook is the one taking jumpers with a hand in his face.

That is funny, you beat me to my line "they are dangerous chuckers."...

LakerLanny
05-26-2012, 05:01 PM
I am picking the Spurs in 5 games, OKC gets one at home.

Kidd K
05-26-2012, 05:16 PM
I am picking the Spurs in 5 games, OKC gets one at home.

I was thinking the same, but I won't exclude the possibility that OKC steals one of the first two at SA through shoddy officiating. If they do, Spurs will take one at OKC (probably game 3), then will take both game 5 and 6 to close it out and celebrate stoicly in OKC with chest bumps and possibly a couple fist pumps.

LakerLanny
05-26-2012, 05:19 PM
I was thinking the same, but I won't exclude the possibility that OKC steals one of the first two at SA through shoddy officiating. If they do, Spurs will take one at OKC (probably game 3), then will take both game 5 and 6 to close it out and celebrate stoicly in OKC with chest bumps and possibly a couple fist pumps.

NBA "officiating" is always the great equalizer.

Anyone who watched Dwayne Wade pull the dirtiest play of the entire season on Collison in the last series and not even get a Flagrant 2 or a suspension knows what the script is.

That would be my biggest concern if I was a Spurs fan also, that the NBA will try to manufacture drama by gifting OKC a game or two to stretch out the series.

If it is called fairly, the gap between the teams is actually pretty wide. Lakers should have won Games 2 and 4 vs OKC if not for incredibly biased 4th quarter officiating against and this was a very mediocre Lakers team this year.

SilverSpur
05-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Agreed, there is noway OKC bigmen can come outside and guard all 12 of are three point shooters. If they try, we drive around them for a layup or dish off to Duncan, Splitter or who ever is under the basket.
If they don't come out to guard the three we shoot away. Which will lead to big leads, forcing them to shoot desperately to catch up. We still must stop one of the two stars. My guess is it will be Westbrook. We have more guards to rotate in and guard him , wear him down and foul him.