PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Germany

Spurs-Fan
04-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Hello all.
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Thomas and I'm from Germany and Fan of the San Antonio Spurs but just since 3 years.
Before that, I didn't really care too much about basketball. But then, one of my friends bought the League Pass and also offered to me to also watch some games. So I decided to do so and the first game I ever saw was Dallas (becaus of Nowitzki of course) vs. Utah in the 2009-10 season. It was a pretty good game from Nowitzki and I was impressed by how different nba-basketball was compared to the beko-bbl (the german league of basketball). So, you know basketball isn't really very popular in Germany and the arenas aren't as big as in the U.S. So also the atmosphere isn't always that great.
But somehow, by watching more and more nba-games with the league pass of my friend, I started to really enjoy this sport more and more. And that's why I also started to watch different teams with different playing-styles.
Unfortunately, you have to watch most of the games at night because of the time shift. But I really liked it.
So at the end of the month Februrary 2010 I watched my first spurs game. The schedule said Phoenix-San Antonio, the highlight-game that day. I didn't know too much about Phoenix. Just that one guy, Steve Nash, one of the best point guards ever. But the Spurs where mysterious too me. So I informed myself about this franchise and saw that they won 4 championships in the past decade. :wow So I really was impressed. I thought, for achieving this, you obviously need a pretty good squad. So I was curious about this team. When I took a look at the roster I didn't know any player, except for Tony Parker (because of his relationship with Eva Longoria) and Tim Duncan. So as I watched the game I was just impressed about this team, especially about Tim Duncan. I loved his post-moves, his scoring ability and defensive presence. After the game I saw that Duncan already was 33 years old and as I took a look at his stats from his previous years I was just disappointed that I missed his prime-years! :lol
So while watching more and more games, I really fell in love with this team and I enjoyed watching Manu Ginobili. I watched a lot of games with different teams, but I had to say that this guy impressed me most. His passion for the game, court vision and skills are at an unreal level imo.
So I said to my friends that I started enjoying this sport. And they asked me which team I like and I said San Antonio. And they were very surprised. They said this is a boring team, without athletic-superstars and they have just boring players. They said, the Miami Heat, Orlando Magic or Lakers are great teams. They play spectaculare basketball.
I responded that this are great teams, but imo the spurs play basketball just how basketball should be played. With passion, defense, skills and efficiency and not just with spectaculare offensive plays.
So I watched the playoffs and I was disappointed that they lost to the Phoenix Suns in the second round. But I found a great team, a great franchise to root for! :flag:
I spend much time in here since last year and really liked the discussions and grades (after the spurs-games).
So now I decided to also finally sign up :toast
Hope the Spurs do well at this years playoffs! :flag:
(and sorry for my bad english)

Stalin
04-12-2012, 06:26 PM
5 star thread, will read again and recommend to family and friends

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Welcome to Spurs talk and thanks for sharing.

Looks like we like the same players. ;)

Drachen
04-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Wilkommen bei Spurstalk. Hoeffentlich koennen wir dieses Jahr eine Liga Championship kriegen und du kanst mitfeiern.

GO ALBA BERLIN!

silverblk mystix
04-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Sounds like KBP got a new troll account...

Reck
04-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Not sure if serious but welcome.

DeadlyDynasty
04-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Heil Hitler

DMC
04-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Das Tiago es neicht der uber MVP un Euroleague und er sheiber.

Reck
04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Heil Hitler

I was gonna post the same thing but thought better of it. lol

Splits
04-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Wilkommen. Wo in Deutschland?

Ignore the nazi talk, the children have to show their ignorance of history on ST for some reason.

Spurs-Fan
04-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Not sure if serious but welcome.

What do you mean exactly? :)
But anyway, thank you! :toast

Spurs-Fan
04-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Das Tiago es neicht der uber MVP un Euroleague und er sheiber.

Haha, sry dude. Don't know what you are talking about. :) Just understand Tiago, MVP and Euroleague :lol

Wilkommen. Wo in Deutschland?

Ignore the nazi talk, the children have to show their ignorance of history on ST for some reason.

Thank you. :) You mean which city? The city is called Cologne and is in West-Germany.

Splits
04-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Köln has the best Christmas market. Been there a few times.

VaSpursFan
04-12-2012, 08:56 PM
wilkommen freund!!! i love Köln, great city. Kölsch is my favorite type of German beer.

The ADMIRAL 50
04-12-2012, 09:37 PM
In the battle of unnecessary self introductory threads Thomas is obliterating Raymond right now :lol

well done Thomas, welcome aboard :toast

The ADMIRAL 50
04-12-2012, 09:40 PM
oh, yeah, and I've been to Munich once...soooo good for me

went to Dachau too. Unlike some of the idiots who troll this board I realize Hitler isn't really the funniest of topic to have a laugh about. Ignore the idiots, and there will be plenty of them, and just do you man.

The ADMIRAL 50
04-12-2012, 09:41 PM

went to Dachau too. Unlike some of the idiots who troll this board I realize Hitler isn't really the funniest of topic to have a laugh about. Ignore the idiots, and there will be plenty of them, and just do you man.

Spurs-Fan
04-12-2012, 10:13 PM
wilkommen freund!!! i love Köln, great city. Kölsch is my favorite type of German beer.

Haha, yeah Kölsch is a pretty good beer, but there are much better sorts of beer, especially in Bayern. :)

Munich is a great city. But I have only been there once. :toast

DesignatedT
04-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Welcome to SpursTalk. :toast

90% of the people on this board are full of shit, but it seems you are already beginning to figure that out.

Bill_Brasky
04-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Heil Hitler

:lmao

This comment alone makes me hope beyond hope that OP is legit.

100%duncan
04-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Welcome

spurs1990
04-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Anyone know if the OP is a white or one of those milli vanilli types?

Thanks in advance.

pookenstein
04-13-2012, 03:15 AM
Hi. Hier sind echt mehr Deutsche als man erwarten könnte. Schön dass einer dazugekommen ist!

Viel Spaß hier und lass dich bloß nicht von den ganzen Spinnern hier einschüchtern. Trolling is hier echt ne große Sache, aber das haste ja wahrscheinlich schon mitbekommen.

Fireball
04-13-2012, 06:59 AM
Welcome and greetings from Berlin !!!

I think its rare to become a Spurs fan a few years after they won their last championship! You have chosen the good guys ...

LeBald Crabs
04-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Mercedes Benz
Heiko Schaffartzik
Dolfi Hitler
Angela Opus Dei Merkel
Bratwurst
Bundesliga Haircut
White Socks + Slippers
Garmisch Partenkirchen
Der Himmel uber Berlin
Punktlich
Jetzt gehen Sie zuruck und fick deine Mutter noch ein bischen.

Rapper
04-13-2012, 07:51 AM
a fan from Germany doesn't root for Nowitzki?

Streakyshooter08
04-13-2012, 08:01 AM
Welcome!:toast

Fireball
04-13-2012, 08:42 AM

there are many German fans rooting for other teams ... only after their favorite team is eliminated from the playoffs we non-Dallas German fans root for Dirk ... last year he finally did it ... now may Dallas rot in hell

pookenstein
04-13-2012, 09:16 AM
there are many German fans rooting for other teams ... only after their favorite team is eliminated from the playoffs we non-Dallas German fans root for Dirk ... last year he finally did it ... now may Dallas rot in hell

I wouldn't have shed a tear if OKC had won that series. Also preferred Miami to Dallas.
Dirk deserved his 'ship, but I can't stand that Terry mofo.

eisfeld
04-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Mercedes Benz
Heiko Schaffartzik
Dolfi Hitler
Angela Opus Dei Merkel
Bratwurst
Bundesliga Haircut
White Socks + Slippers
Garmisch Partenkirchen
Der Himmel uber Berlin
Punktlich
Jetzt gehen Sie zuruck und fick deine Mutter noch ein bischen.

/thread - Sums up about every fucking stereotyype

Oh and a "Herzlich Willkommen" to the OP

mudyez
04-13-2012, 10:31 AM
willkommen!

SpursNextRomanEmpire
04-13-2012, 11:03 AM
So you don't speak German?

TDMVPDPOY
04-13-2012, 11:29 AM
u know you have to post a self pic for all of us to photoshopped for induction process

it use to be heads down bums up or on ur knees and open ur mouth say aaaaahhhhh

Fireball
04-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Dirk deserved his 'ship, but I can't stand that Terry mofo.

totally agree ... I hate that headbandhighsockswearing faggot

Legacy
04-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! :toast

Spurs-Fan
04-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Welcome to SpursTalk. :toast

90% of the people on this board are full of shit, but it seems you are already beginning to figure that out.

Hi. Hier sind echt mehr Deutsche als man erwarten könnte. Schön dass einer dazugekommen ist!

Viel Spaß hier und lass dich bloß nicht von den ganzen Spinnern hier einschüchtern. Trolling is hier echt ne große Sache, aber das haste ja wahrscheinlich schon mitbekommen.

Welcome and greetings from Berlin !!!

I think its rare to become a Spurs fan a few years after they won their last championship! You have chosen the good guys ...

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! :toast

Haha, thanks to all of you! :toast

I like Dirk. He is a very good player and has a great personality. But unfortunately, even after winnig the championships last year, people here in Germany don't pay more attention to him or to this sport in generel I guess.
For example, there is no TV Channel broadcasting games of the nba. :(

And compared to Duncan, I have to say that Timmy is definitely the better all-around player. Better defense, much better rebounder and has the better low-post skills. But of course Dirk has the better/more consistent jump shot.
So I like both, but Timmy of course is my favorite power forward. :)

Rapper
04-14-2012, 05:42 AM
Haha, thanks to all of you! :toast

I like Dirk. He is a very good player and has a great personality. But unfortunately, even after winnig the championships last year, people here in Germany don't pay more attention to him or to this sport in generel I guess.
For example, there is no TV Channel broadcasting games of the nba. :(

And compared to Duncan, I have to say that Timmy is definitely the better all-around player. Better defense, much better rebounder and has the better low-post skills. But of course Dirk has the better/more consistent jump shot.
So I like both, but Timmy of course is my favorite power forward. :)

Wow man great to hear that. Welcome to the board :toast

I'm from the rest of America as well - Macau

One thing I need to inform you that do not ever try to start thread which is praised to Timmy. It's because someone will either block your user account or doesn't give you sufficant privilege to start thread on ST anymore.

velik_m
04-14-2012, 07:49 AM
Hello all.
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Thomas and I'm from Germany and Fan of the San Antonio Spurs but just since 3 years.

Welcome.

Before that, I didn't really care too much about basketball. But then, one of my friends bought the League Pass and also offered to me to also watch some games. So I decided to do so and the first game I ever saw was Dallas (becaus of Nowitzki of course) vs. Utah in the 2009-10 season. It was a pretty good game from Nowitzki and I was impressed by how different nba-basketball was compared to the beko-bbl (the german league of basketball).

Germany has a basketball league? I kid, i kid...

So, you know basketball isn't really very popular in Germany and the arenas aren't as big as in the U.S. So also the atmosphere isn't always that great.
But somehow, by watching more and more nba-games with the league pass of my friend, I started to really enjoy this sport more and more.

I never got why Dirk didn't have more effect on sport's popularity in Germany. I mean we have Kopitar in NHL and hockey's popularity went through the roof over here. Basketball is already very popular here, if we had a player like Nowitzki... :wow

And that's why I also started to watch different teams with different playing-styles.
Unfortunately, you have to watch most of the games at night because of the time shift. But I really liked it.
So at the end of the month Februrary 2010 I watched my first spurs game. The schedule said Phoenix-San Antonio, the highlight-game that day. I didn't know too much about Phoenix. Just that one guy, Steve Nash, one of the best point guards ever. But the Spurs where mysterious too me. So I informed myself about this franchise and saw that they won 4 championships in the past decade. :wow So I really was impressed. I thought, for achieving this, you obviously need a pretty good squad. So I was curious about this team. When I took a look at the roster I didn't know any player, except for Tony Parker (because of his relationship with Eva Longoria) and Tim Duncan. So as I watched the game I was just impressed about this team, especially about Tim Duncan. I loved his post-moves, his scoring ability and defensive presence. After the game I saw that Duncan already was 33 years old and as I took a look at his stats from his previous years I was just disappointed that I missed his prime-years! :lol
So while watching more and more games, I really fell in love with this team and I enjoyed watching Manu Ginobili. I watched a lot of games with different teams, but I had to say that this guy impressed me most. His passion for the game, court vision and skills are at an unreal level imo.
So I said to my friends that I started enjoying this sport. And they asked me which team I like and I said San Antonio. And they were very surprised. They said this is a boring team, without athletic-superstars and they have just boring players. They said, the Miami Heat, Orlando Magic or Lakers are great teams. They play spectaculare basketball.
I responded that this are great teams, but imo the spurs play basketball just how basketball should be played. With passion, defense, skills and efficiency and not just with spectaculare offensive plays.
So I watched the playoffs and I was disappointed that they lost to the Phoenix Suns in the second round. But I found a great team, a great franchise to root for! :flag:
I spend much time in here since last year and really liked the discussions and grades (after the spurs-games).

There is bad kind of boring and there is good kind of boring. The Spurs are a good kind of boring.

Venti Quattro
04-14-2012, 07:53 AM
5 star thread, will read again and recommend to family and friends

:lmao :lmao :lmao

hooperflash
04-14-2012, 07:57 AM
welcome to ST man! :flag:

Drachen
04-14-2012, 09:25 AM

Ich war Austauschueler in Berlin vor 16 Jahren und ich hatte ein Freund dass fuer die Supersonics erfreuert. Er war ein Jahre frueher in Seattle Austauschueler.

Drachen
04-14-2012, 09:27 AM
:lol

Spinner in english translates roughly into idiots/morons, etc.

BillMc
04-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Hello all.
Before that, I didn't really care too much about basketball. But then, one of my friends bought the League Pass and also offered to me to also watch some games. So I decided to do so and the first game I ever saw was Dallas (becaus of Nowitzki of course) vs. Utah in the 2009-10 season. It was a pretty good game from Nowitzki and I was impressed by how different nba-basketball was compared to the beko-bbl (the german league of basketball). So, you know basketball isn't really very popular in Germany and the arenas aren't as big as in the U.S. So also the atmosphere isn't always that great.
But somehow, by watching more and more nba-games with the league pass of my friend, I started to really enjoy this sport more and more. And that's why I also started to watch different teams with different playing-styles.

willkommen! I have only been to Germany once (Munich) but I loved it. I've a lot of friends from Hamburg too. As I am an American in Ukraine, I hope you, like me, will soon be staying up very late to watch the Spurs in the playoffs live! It makes ever late spring game difficult for work the next day, but its worth it when our Spurs win! :)

Best, Bill

Spurs-Fan
04-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Wow man great to hear that. Welcome to the board :toast

I'm from the rest of America as well - Macau

One thing I need to inform you that do not ever try to start thread which is praised to Timmy. It's because someone will either block your user account or doesn't give you sufficant privilege to start thread on ST anymore.

Hm, ok. Why? Are there already enough threads which are praised to Timmy? :)

willkommen! I have only been to Germany once (Munich) but I loved it. I've a lot of friends from Hamburg too. As I am an American in Ukraine, I hope you, like me, will soon be staying up very late to watch the Spurs in the playoffs live! It makes ever late spring game difficult for work the next day, but its worth it when our Spurs win! :)

Best, Bill

Of course I will watch the Spurs in the playoffs live. Can't wait until the other day! :lol

Slomo
04-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Hm, ok. Why? Are there already enough threads which are praised to Timmy? :)

Well let me say there is a fine line (actually not even that fine) between starting a thread about Tim and starting a multitude of threads with the same content and subject in the a very short time span (sounds familiar Rapper? :) )

Quality always trumps quantity, and as in every other forum it is wise to check if a recent similar thread already exists and to post in it instead of starting a new one.

Otherwise there are not many rules here in ST.

Oh and before I forget: Willkommen!

alamo50
04-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Welcome to the good side.
Greetings from The Netherlands!

GO SPURS GO!

Toni61
04-16-2012, 03:09 AM
Willkommen im Foum :-)

wenn du mal älter Spiele der Spurs anschauen willst melde dich einfach habe eine sehr große Liste...

Welcome ,
did you need any old Spurs games contact me I have a huge DVD list..

siraulo23
04-16-2012, 03:18 AM
are you a chik

show photos

Fireball
04-16-2012, 04:38 AM
Ich war Austauschueler in Berlin vor 16 Jahren und ich hatte ein Freund dass fuer die Supersonics erfreuert. Er war ein Jahre frueher in Seattle Austauschueler.

Detlef Schrempf playing there might have been another reason?

pookenstein
04-16-2012, 05:08 AM
Willkommen im Foum :-)

wenn du mal älter Spiele der Spurs anschauen willst melde dich einfach habe eine sehr große Liste...

Welcome ,
did you need any old Spurs games contact me I have a huge DVD list..

Do you have the "Memorial Day Miracle" game?

Toni61
04-16-2012, 06:35 AM
Look at my Avatar ;-)

Yes I have the game and the compled Series vs Portland 99