PDA

View Full Version : Despite the loss, good start...

ElNono
03-17-2012, 11:04 PM
It's obviously going to take some time to get the rotations down, especially when you're basically adding two players into the mix.

I loved what Jax did in limited minutes and this was after not playing for like a month. I can't wait to see what he looks like after a dozen games or so. Manu is still trying to figure out where he fits and getting in game shape.

We still have issues inside that might cost us dearly in the playoffs, but overall, I think the ceiling on this team is higher. I still think Tiago needs to see the floor with Tim more. Now that Leonard has become a fairly decent 3 point shooter and that Jax will make you pay if you leave him open, I think we have the floor spacing we need to play big inside.

This team could've easily folded last night or quit today, but they kept fighting. That's all you can ask for. We'll see what they look like 2 or 3 weeks from now and going into the playoffs.

NRHector
03-17-2012, 11:06 PM
It's obviously going to take some time to get the rotations down, especially when you're basically adding two players into the mix.

I loved what Jax did in limited minutes and this was after not playing for like a month. I can't wait to see what he looks like after a dozen games or so. Manu is still trying to figure out where he fits and getting in game shape.

We still have issues inside that might cost us dearly in the playoffs, but overall, I think the ceiling on this team is higher. I still think Tiago needs to see the floor with Tim more. Now that Leonard has become a fairly decent 3 point shooter and that Jax will make you pay if you leave him open, I think we have the floor spacing we need to play big inside.

This team could've easily folded last night or quit today, but they kept fighting. That's all you can ask for. We'll see what they look like 2 or 3 weeks from now and going into the playoffs.

amen :toast

ducks
03-17-2012, 11:07 PM
manu fits in on another team
this team has enough without him with sj
manu has messed up the chemistry

vander
03-17-2012, 11:08 PM
I wonder, would the Spurs have won tonight without Manu?

weebo
03-17-2012, 11:09 PM

Plzz stfu now u stupid hick

timtonymanu
03-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Liked what I saw from Jackson. Tony and Manu won't lay eggs like this all the time.

The defense and reliance on Bonner and Blair are really the only worrisome aspects. And of course Manu's health.

ElNono
03-17-2012, 11:10 PM
I wonder, would the Spurs have won tonight without Manu?

you sound like you're mad we dropped a game in the regular season championship...

TE
03-17-2012, 11:12 PM

:lmao

shorttotry
03-17-2012, 11:15 PM

You're a fucking retard.

vander
you sound like you're mad we dropped a game in the regular season championship...

and you sound like you're avoiding a painful truth

ElNono
and you sound like you're avoiding a painful truth

What truth? You asked a question that has no answer...

TDMVPDPOY
03-17-2012, 11:18 PM
bonner n blair needs to have thee contracts rescinded, cant stand these 2 hobos when they are r playin

mercos
03-17-2012, 11:19 PM

This was my biggest take away from tonight. The offense did not look particularly good. TP had no legs and was not attacking the rim. His jumper was off as well due to no legs. The Mavs were shooting good as well. Despite all that the game stayed close most of the way. This game had all the makings of a blowout loss following the gritty win in OKC.

On top of the amount of talent the team has built up, I really like the scrapie character the team has developed. Guys like Green, Neal, and now Jackson are perfect role players to compliment Tim, Tony, and Manu.

TE
03-17-2012, 11:20 PM

I agree on all parts. But really, you can't avoid Parker's performance. He was outplayed terribly.

dbestpro
03-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Poor ball movement is not unexpected, but it will get better. No need to get upset with a game full of dubious calls. Dallas won't see that much official love through a seven game series, so I am not worried about them.

Am looking forward to more minutes with SJax and co. With so many offensive weapons we do need to pass the ball more. Still worried about the Bonner, Blair combo. It is now our biggest weakness.

maddnezz
03-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Liked what I saw from Jackson. Tony and Manu won't lay eggs like this all the time.

The defense and reliance on Bonner and Blair are really the only worrisome aspects. And of course Manu's health.
THISx 100000000000000000000000000000000:hat

roycrikside
03-17-2012, 11:44 PM
I'm as CoM as much as anyone and I gotta say I was disappointed by Manu's effort tonight.

He hasn't played since Wed and still didn't look like he had enough energy to go the basket. He was flat, settling for 3s, not being aggressive. Not any kind of difference maker on defense, letting his guy shoot open 3s time and again, always getting sucked in.

Don't get me wrong, I thought Tony was crap too, but he had an excuse, having played last night.

I'm sure it's not easy for Manu, psychologically. He sees the team play well without him and he wonders where he fits in, doesn't want to force things or rock the boat. Also, the last thing he wants to do is push it and get injured again. He can sense that Pop is just about fed up with it and he's running out of time to get in peak form for the playoffs.

Still, if he 's going to be tentative on offense all the more reason to use the energy defensively, ball out and get in people's faces and make some plays on that end, get some steals or blocks. You can't just go through the motions on both ends.

I'm confident he'll figure it out, but he was crap tonight.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-17-2012, 11:46 PM
I think Manu will be fine, but we need to find a way to get a big that is automatically better than Bonner/Blair. One of those two will need to be removed from the playoff rotation (most likely Blair) and Tiago has to have his minutes increased somehow. Goes 7-11 yet plays 7 minutes less than Matt.

Pathetic.

Bonner4MVPzz
03-17-2012, 11:46 PM

ducks, you're still a faggot regardless

baseline bum
03-17-2012, 11:55 PM
After all these years of having no one who could guard the 3, it's pretty awesome to have two long and physical defenders there who can also play some quality minutes guarding the 4 too. I think Jack is going to pay some real dividends with this team. Him being able to be a real smallball 4 should hopefully limit the minutes we see Bonner guarding all-star bigs once Jack gets a few games in the system.

roycrikside
03-17-2012, 11:58 PM

So Manu, who's played with Tim and Tony for nine years, with Bonner since '07, with Blair since '09, with Neal and Splitter since last year has no chemistry with any of them...

but you're okay with SJ's chemistry with the team because he played tonight for the Spurs for the first time since 2003?

I'd say it's one of the stupidest things you've ever written, but it's you so it doesn't crack the top 100.

Bonner4MVPzz
03-18-2012, 12:01 AM
So Manu, who's played with Tim and Tony for nine years, with Bonner since '07, with Blair since '09, with Neal and Splitter since last year has no chemistry with any of them...

but you're okay with SJ's chemistry with the team because he played tonight for the Spurs for the first time since 2003?

I'd say it's one of the stupidest things you've ever written, but it's you so it doesn't crack the top 100.

Hes a dumbass, just let em be

Capt Bringdown
03-18-2012, 12:01 AM
The poisonous combo of RJ, Blair and Bonner is no more.
But the turd towers remain.
There's the rub.

SJAX is a lot more fun to watch than RJ, but unless something is done about the turds, little will change.

Giuseppe
03-18-2012, 12:05 AM
I loved what Jax did in limited minutes and this was after not playing for like a month.

Though Magic said last night that Duncan, Parker and Manu wouldn't put up with any of Stephen Jackson's horseshit that he pulled up in WI..

Know what I mean, jellybean?

tee, hee.

DesignatedT
03-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Manu will be fine as long as he can stay healthy. He still isn't in top shape but will get there if he plays from here on out. If he starts this in and out of the lineup shit all the way until the playoffs it's going to be his fault the Spurs never get it going because it isn't like you can just bench the guy. Spurs really need him to stay healthy so they can build some chemistry together.

Ice009
03-18-2012, 12:13 AM
I think Manu will be fine, but we need to find a way to get a big that is automatically better than Bonner/Blair. One of those two will need to be removed from the playoff rotation (most likely Blair) and Tiago has to have his minutes increased somehow. Goes 7-11 yet plays 7 minutes less than Matt.

Pathetic.

FUCKING joke. We won't get anywhere with that.

Now that RJ is gone, Bonner is my next target. I'm locking in on Bonner and won't relent. I don't want him playing at all even if he is still on the team.

Proxy
03-18-2012, 12:25 AM
FUCKING joke. We won't get anywhere with that.

Now that RJ is gone, Bonner is my next target. I'm locking in on Bonner and won't relent. I don't want him playing at all even if he is still on the team.

If Pop is doing it to protect Tiago from injury for the playoffs, then he would have a valid point.

If not, you're right.

I kept wondering to myself what the hell does Jack think when he's on the floor with a pussy like Bonner while reminiscing back to '03?

Capt Bringdown
03-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Despite the loss, despite the rancid turd towers, we got rid of this piece of trash:

Richard Jefferson, in his first game since coming to the Warriors, played 38 minutes and had nine points on 2-of-14 shooting.

“There were some shots that I could have knocked down, but you win as a team and you lose as a team,” Jefferson said.

ElNono
03-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Manu will be fine as long as he can stay healthy. He still isn't in top shape but will get there if he plays from here on out. If he starts this in and out of the lineup shit all the way until the playoffs it's going to be his fault the Spurs never get it going because it isn't like you can just bench the guy. Spurs really need him to stay healthy so they can build some chemistry together.

You need to write Pop... Manu was fine to play against OKC, AFAIK...

therealtruth
03-18-2012, 12:36 AM

Pathetic.

Tiago's points will be there in the playoffs. Bonner's will not. Tiago get easy baskets and draws the other bigs in foul trouble. Bonner does not. Tiago's scoring forces the other team to work harder on defense.

I wish Pop would go back to how he won before Horry. It's not like they never won games without a stretch 4. You can be a championship team without your power forward shooting 3's. Your power forward being able to make 3's is a bonus. You don't play a power forward just because he can shoot 3's.

roycrikside
03-18-2012, 12:52 AM
People need to realize that Blair is a much bigger problem than Bonner. At least Bonner knows his limitations and spaces the floor for people. Blair makes like 15 mistakes a game on both ends and never learns. Blair HAS to play with Duncan because Tim is the only guy who can protect him even a little. Bonner can play with Tiago and they usually do fine. The +/- numbers aren't a fluke. There's a reason the starters get killed and the bench looks great. It's because the starters are stuck with Blair, who was a minus last night against OKC even though he scored 22.

They need to find another big to replace Blair. Bonner can still be the 4th big.

DeadlyDynasty
03-18-2012, 01:13 AM
The poisonous combo of RJ, Blair and Bonner is no more.
But the turd towers remain.
There's the rub.

SJAX is a lot more fun to watch than RJ, but unless something is done about the turds, little will change.

Truth bomb.

TJastal
03-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Despite the loss, despite the rancid turd towers, we got rid of this piece of trash:

Richard Jefferson, in his first game since coming to the Warriors, played 38 minutes and had nine points on 2-of-14 shooting.

“There were some shots that I could have knocked down, but you win as a team and you lose as a team,” Jefferson said.

IIRC the warriors need to start dropping games in order to save their protected pick. We could very well see Jefferson averaging 40 minutes a game for the rest of the year. :rollin

:lol

TJastal
03-18-2012, 08:04 AM
People need to realize that Blair is a much bigger problem than Bonner. At least Bonner knows his limitations and spaces the floor for people. Blair makes like 15 mistakes a game on both ends and never learns. Blair HAS to play with Duncan because Tim is the only guy who can protect him even a little. Bonner can play with Tiago and they usually do fine. The +/- numbers aren't a fluke. There's a reason the starters get killed and the bench looks great. It's because the starters are stuck with Blair, who was a minus last night against OKC even though he scored 22.

They need to find another big to replace Blair. Bonner can still be the 4th big.

Seems like Blair hasn't been playing as badly as he was earlier this season, like he found some spring to his step. Still just as dumb as a mule, but that'll probably never change.

Gagnrath
03-18-2012, 01:22 PM
It doesn't seem to honestly be stupidity TJastal just a total lack of self awareness as to how he can physically into the NBA. If you listen to him in interviews he's not dumb, I'm not saying he's Einstein or Stephen Hawking but he comes across as a person who is well spoken, and able to think analytically. What I don't think he is able to do is have the self awareness to figure out where he personally fits into the world. Honestly about 70% of the people in the world have this problem. Where he falls down a bit is in DeJuan Blairs head he is prime Shaq, Charles Barkley, and Chris Webber roled into one. He also has alot of evidence to support his self image, He's getting paid millions of dollars to start for a winning team in the NBA, through-out his life he's always (until very recently) been right at the top of the heap every time he touched a basketball. Till now he's been told because he was the best on his team to try harder and will himself and his team to winning.

Now he's in a different position, in the NBA the starters are all about equally talented, and he's shorter than most with questionable knees. He can't physically and athletically will his way to the top. How-ever that is exactly what 16 years of basketball training are telling him to do. To make matters worse the coaches need him to be confident, and be emotional and have energy, they just also need him to be thinking in the game and playing to his advantages, strong with good hands, able to take a position for a rebound and ensure its his rebound. Able to get between his man and the basket and be sure he's not going around. People will shoot over him and unfortunately defensive 3 seconds was created specifically to keep people built like him from making the game a jumpshooting contest.

If you ask him what the problem is right now he knows the answer and it comes with-in a split second. Hell pop could ask him during a time out and he can explain. But when the game lights are on the crowd is cheering and the other players are moving at NBA speeds, he tries to go to hard and to fast and it makes him look bad. If he gets the ball in the low post near the exclusion arc with his back to the basket he should be able to back bump them once then take it up strong through them.same with any rebound its yours Dejuan grab it bring it to your chest then go right back up or just grab it and go up. Tipping it in isn't a good idea nor is trying to dunk off the hop. He's about power however whats going on in his head is I have the ball, I need to shoot it or pass it, not just hang onto it.

timtonymanu
03-18-2012, 01:32 PM

That's very true. If I had to choose between the two, I would rather have Bonner. There's only one problem though. Bonner still gets way too many minutes despite of how bad he's playing. I don't think Pop is as lenient with Blair when he makes mistakes. Pop doesn't have Blair close games with Timmy like Bonner does. I don't even think Pop looks at Blair as a major piece for the team, but only plays him because we are short on bigs and it will ruin Blair's confidence. Hopefully bringing in Diaw or Turiaf will trim one of these two's minutes. Bonner and Blair are valuable as 4th and 5th bigs.

ElNono
03-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Blair with a monster game against OKC = Bonner gets as many minutes and closes the game
Tiago with a great game against DAL = Bonner gets the bulk of the minutes, we close the game with small ball

Bonner (901 mins) and Blair (920 mins) are currently disputing who's the 2nd and 3rd big on this team...

TJastal
03-18-2012, 02:35 PM

Pathetic.

+1

I have no idea why ppl are bitching about Manu. From what I saw, he was vintage Manu last night, dropping 3 pt bombs and making slick passes.

I just wish Pop would keep him in the 2nd unit permanently as the 6th or 7th man off the bench to help bolster the 2nd unit. For a few reasons. 1. Health issues. 2. Parker is playing at an MVP level, and it is in the better interest of the team to spread both their minutes across the entire game.

DesignatedT
03-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Blair with a monster game against OKC = Bonner gets as many minutes and closes the game
Tiago with a great game against DAL = Bonner gets the bulk of the minutes, we close the game with small ball

Bonner (901 mins) and Blair (920 mins) are currently disputing who's the 2nd and 3rd big on this team...

Without the Tiago injuries it would be a lot closer to a 3 way split. Still not enough for Tiago but those stats are pretty flawed.

ElNono
03-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Without the Tiago injuries it would be a lot closer to a 3 way split. Still not enough for Tiago but those stats are pretty flawed.

How are they flawed? Even at a 3 way split Bonner would still be well in the run for 2nd big...