PDA

View Full Version : I think the league is trying to contract the Hornets

Donkeybong
12-14-2011, 04:05 AM
This CP3 fiasco does not make sense any other way. They currently only have 6 players under contract. Next year they will only have 3.

My theory is that if they are making the CP3 trade, they only want other players with one year remaining on their contracts or picks. Picks can be easily redistributed among the league or voided altogether, while the remaining players enter waivers for other teams to pick up.

The league knows that New Orleans isnt a viable basketball market, otherwise they could have found another owner to purchase the team instead of having the NBA to buy it the first time.

Koolaid_Man
12-14-2011, 06:43 AM
This CP3 fiasco does not make sense any other way. They currently only have 6 players under contract. Next year they will only have 3.

My theory is that if they are making the CP3 trade, they only want other players with one year remaining on their contracts or picks. Picks can be easily redistributed among the league or voided altogether, while the remaining players enter waivers for other teams to pick up.

The league knows that New Orleans isnt a viable basketball market, otherwise they could have found another owner to purchase the team instead of having the NBA to buy it the first time. - Koolaid Man

you're supposed to cite your sources otherwise it's known as plagiarism...

I don't mind people using my shit to get their point across...just acknowledge me

ElNono
12-14-2011, 08:59 AM
^ shut up, bandwagoner welcher

venitian navigator
12-14-2011, 12:42 PM
So a good trade could be :

Paul + Ariza + Okafor for 1 ch. minn + kaman (2012), Foye (2012), Gomes (2013), Williams (2013), Aminu and Bledsoe plus another draft choice

Good for Clippers (they could have AN INCREDIBLY GOOD 8 men rotation

Paul - Gordon - Butler - Grifffin - Jordan
Billups - Ariza - Okafor

plus the rookies (Leslie, Thomkins) and any other that wants to join LA

Good for NO 'couse in a 3 years time can build on two supposedly very good draft Choices (2 of them directly next year) having tons of cap space for being aggressive in the market in the coming years...

Findog
12-14-2011, 12:51 PM
They won't contract the Hornets. Kansas City and Vegas have NBA quality arenas ready to go, and Seattle wants back in. All of those markets would support the Hornets better than New Orleans.