PDA

View Full Version : Is Lebron even playing in this game?

Isitjustme?
06-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Serious question...

Spurtacus
06-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Who?

Amaso
06-07-2011, 10:48 PM
The Cavs arent in the finals...

dbreiden83080
06-07-2011, 10:48 PM
This might be going 7 so he has 2 or 3 games left to redeem himself. I defended him after game 3 but he was horrible tonight. Stop being so passive and get your ass to the rim..

JoeTait75
06-07-2011, 10:49 PM
That was a... quiet fourth quarter for LeBron. Very quiet.

Very, very quiet.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-07-2011, 10:50 PM

Very, very quiet.
Very, very, very quiet?

GoodOdor
06-07-2011, 10:50 PM

Very, very quiet.

At one point does he stop being a quitter, and becomes a choker as well?

Darth_Pelican
06-07-2011, 10:51 PM
LOL Pippen

DazedAndConfused
06-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Lebron says....

"It don't matter how many points Lebron scores. D-Wade was feelin' it so we let him take control. Look at ma' defense, you can't see dat shit on da stat sheet"

Reck
Wow Lebron has gone seriously missing in action.

Wade was so unclutch tonight and Lebron not in this series.

Still though, No Lebron and no Wade tonight and Mavs barely won.

If these Miami players ever get their head out of their respective asses they would win by double digits.

This team doesn't learn from their mistakes. You can count on them to get complacent and just freeze with about 5 minutes to go.

That's making the Mavs look so good.

DAF86

Very, very quiet.

Do you now at least suspect that Lebron may have not quitted in that game against Boston?

JoeTait75
I haven't seen LeBron this passive in a game in which he was actually trying since Game 2 of the 2007 ECF.

ernest787
06-07-2011, 10:53 PM
i'll admit i'm an LBJ fanboy, but man he's making it hard to defend him right now

Reck
06-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Also, I think Lebron is applying for that ever important cheerleader spot.

Stop with the motivational speaking and get your ass in the game.

ezau
06-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Now I know why Lebron had to go to Miami. He can't close out games by himself. hahaha

EIC
06-07-2011, 10:54 PM
It's like he forgot how to drive to the rim. He is terrible right now.

dbreiden83080
06-07-2011, 10:55 PM
This guy has to be the most scrutinized all time great ever.. He has played so well all playoffs long. Struggled the last 2 games for sure but people act like he's a bum when he is probably the best player in the NBA.. :lol

Booharv
:lol

Nathan89
I could only imagine the hating Lebron would have had if he fumble away the ball on the last possession.

Cry Havoc
06-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Loss is on LeBron tonight. Almost like he's playing sick or injured. He didn't even attempt drives. Didn't probe. Didn't look for openings. Just passed as soon as he got the ball.

frodo
bron just be sucking now, marion da nigga handled him well. LOL @ marion hatred

TJastal
"LeRobin" James is getting outshined by Wade in almost every aspect of the game. This can't be sitting too well with "The Chosen One"

ezau
He's officially the Scottie Pippen of this generation.

Frenzy
06-07-2011, 10:57 PM
He's just waiting for the leader of the heat to take over tbh

ernest787
06-07-2011, 10:58 PM
This guy has to be the most scrutinized all time great ever.. He has played so well all playoffs long. Struggled the last 2 games for sure but people act like he's a bum when he is probably the best player in the NBA.. :lol

yeah that is ridiculous, and fully agree he has been outstanding in the playoffs, but you have to show up when it matters

especially a game when you can essentially lock up the series and the other teams best player is sick and noticeably struggling all night, but that didn't seem to stop Dirk from coming up clutch down the stretch.

I still believe LBJ is the best talent in the NBA, but dude needs to step up and prove he can close this thing out now

JoeTait75
06-07-2011, 10:58 PM
I could only imagine the hating Lebron would have had if he fumble away the ball on the last possession.

I had about as much chance of getting the ball on that last possession as LeBron did.

Booharv
06-07-2011, 10:59 PM
I had about as much chance of getting the ball on that last possession as LeBron did.

:lol The Goods.

Sean Cagney
06-07-2011, 11:00 PM

If these Miami players ever get their head out of their respective asses they would win by double digits.

This team doesn't learn from their mistakes. You can count on them to get complacent and just freeze with about 5 minutes to go.

NO WADE? He scored 32 points man! What more do you want?

Reck
06-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Loss is on LeBron tonight. Almost like he's playing sick or injured. He didn't even attempt drives. Didn't probe. Didn't look for openings. Just passed as soon as he got the ball.

He would have had to be relevent to pit the loss on him.

He's not even in the radar asfar as being competitive.

If you ask me, Wade fucked it up and the loss in on him 95%.

He misses a freethrow that would tie the game and mishandles the ball during the last possesion.

Yeah its on Wade.

Reck
06-07-2011, 11:01 PM
NO WADE? He scored 32 points man! What more do you want?

No Wade in the clutch. How's that?

ernest787
06-07-2011, 11:02 PM
He would have had to be relevent to pit the loss on him.

He's not even in the radar asfar as being competitive.

If you ask me, Wade fucked it up and the loss in on him 95%.

He misses a freethrow that would tie the game and mishandles the ball during the last possesion.

Yeah its on Wade.

nope. Loss is on LBJ. Yeah Wade missed those big plays, but he carried the team tonight and put himself in position to win the game. You win some, you lose some in those situations, but LBJ didn't even want it tonight.

weird game all around

Booharv
06-07-2011, 11:02 PM
No Wade in the clutch. How's that?

Wade was solid. This one is all on Lebron.

ballhog
06-07-2011, 11:03 PM

Could be due to Mavs defense.

HarlemHeat37
06-07-2011, 11:03 PM
That was the worst game of Lebron's career, he wasn't even trying to take over, at any point..he carried the team against Boston and Chicago, he needs to come out with the same aggressiveness..he has 2 or 3 games to redeem himself, it would be a shame to waste the elite run that he's had in the playoffs, up until 2 of these 4 Finals games..

HarlemHeat37
06-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Loss is 100% on Lebron..Wade wasn't clutch, but if Lebron had shown up, they wouldn't have needed any heroics..

Reck
06-07-2011, 11:05 PM
nope. Loss is on LBJ. Yeah Wade missed those big plays, but he carried the team tonight and put himself in position to win the game. You win some, you lose some in those situations, but LBJ didn't even want it tonight.

weird game all around

That's bs.

Same thing can be said about Dirk.

He carries that team by himself. When they lose you dont hear people saying the loss is on Terry.

If you're going to carried a team you better take all the responsibility and not shift blame anywhere else but your direction.

JoeTait75
That was the worst game of Lebron's career

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200805060BOS.html

Pelicans78
Lebron isn't a polished scorer. Not strong in the post, not a good mid-range shooter, and not consistent shooting off the dribble. Most of his points are driving to the basket and shooting wide-open threes. He's basically hasn't improved too much the last few seasons on his scoring ability. He's predictable.

Reck
06-07-2011, 11:07 PM

To many things happening for it to be Mavs defense.

Heat plays essentially well for about 40 minutes. They come apart at the end.

Its more like mental weakness then Mavs defense.

If Mavs cant stop them for 80 something percent of the game what are the changes they will in crunch time when they're spent and done?

ballhog
LeBrick....made 4 shots....3 dunks.

frodo
marion just be a TRUE NIGGA he held lebitch well under control in these 3 games. kidd also did a good job guardin bron when he took lebron at the defensive end

EIC
Do you now at least suspect that Lebron may have not quitted in that game against Boston?

Holy shit! I said the exact same thing to my buddy tonight. Lebron's ability to completely disappear for long stretches of time in this series all but confirms that he did not throw the Boston series last year.

LakerHater
3-11 finished with 8 points!

HarlemHeat37
06-07-2011, 11:09 PM

At least he tried to be aggressive in the game, though..

In this game(I only saw the 4th), he was passing up shots and not looking to attack..

Hornets78's post makes no sense, as usual..Lebron played 2 better defenses in the other rounds, and dominated..this series has nothing to do with his skills, he's just choking right now..

redzero
Damn, Chris Paul probably thinks LeBron was too passive tonight.

Pelicans78
lebron needs more in his arsenal. He doesn't have enough moves off the dribble or in the post. He's limited at times. Lucky he has Wade to do the heavy scoring.

ballhog
To many things happening for it to be Mavs defense.

Heat plays essentially well for about 40 minutes. They come apart at the end.

Its more like mental weakness then Mavs defense.

If Mavs cant stop them for 80 something percent of the game what are the changes they will in crunch time when they're spent and done?

Heat never had this game in the bag. This was the Heat's sort of game and they lost. Mavs played good D. Bosh and Wade did it all. LeBron was taken out of it.

Killakobe81
06-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Loss is 100% on Lebron..Wade wasn't clutch, but if Lebron had shown up, they wouldn't have needed any heroics..

honest admission Harlem way to be fair ...props.

EIC
06-07-2011, 11:11 PM

That, and Spoelstra's complete inability to scheme around the Mavs' D. Heat might as well coach themselves. Could you see the Heat choking away big leads like this if Doc Rivers was at the helm?

Pelicans78
06-07-2011, 11:12 PM

In this game(I only saw the 4th), he was passing up shots and not looking to attack..

Hornets78's post makes no sense, as usual..Lebron played 2 better defenses in the other rounds, and dominated..this series has nothing to do with his skills, he's just choking right now..

Its true. He doesn't have reliable moves. He goes straight to the basket or he settles for threes. Not much in between. He doesn't have alot in his arsenal. Plus, he's getting tired playing defense against a strong offensive team. Dallas is easily better than Chicago and Boston. They would have dominated both teams in a 7 game series. Lebron is having to work offensively and defensively.

Reck
Heat never had this game in the bag. This was the Heat's sort of game and they lost. Mavs played good D. Bosh and Wade did it all. LeBron was taken out of it.

I agreed.

The Heat never really had a handled on the game.

This just might be the second game that Dallas was bound to win.

I think they lose game 5 and 6 with certainly.

DAF86
Lebron should be ashamed that Wade is able to post Kidd up but he can't.

Pelicans78
06-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Lebron should be ashamed that Wade is able to post Kidd up but he can't.

Lebron should be ashamed of not being able post up consistently at 6'9 260.

Booharv
06-07-2011, 11:17 PM
We need Kyle to come in here and make a "######beast" comment.

Prime1
06-07-2011, 11:25 PM

It was a running joke at the bar I was at. Pretty bizarre how ineffective he was. If he's not scoring he has the skills to effect the game in other ways but he didn't. He was an afterthought by the end.

frodo
06-07-2011, 11:28 PM
bron's crab-pace no longer allowed in this series that kinda explains why he be sucking so bad. NIGGA just be an NFL player trapped in a basketball jersey

ballhog
06-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Not sure if the Mavs strategy is to throw all they can at LeBron and let Wade go off. All this knowing that LeBron is not nearly as mentally tough as Wade. Wade had some tough games against the Bulls---LeBron did well. Bulls lost.

Isitjustme?
06-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Where does Lebron's mom live now? She's not close to the team's facilities in South Florida is she?

LakerHater
06-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Bosh says "He'll bounce back"!

DMX7
06-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Where does Lebron's mom live now? She's not close to the team's facilities in South Florida is she?

She lives with her boyfriend, Delonte West.

Isitjustme?
06-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Is anyone keeping an eye on Chalmers off the court life?

Serious question...

ernest787
06-07-2011, 11:45 PM
That's bs.

Same thing can be said about Dirk.

He carries that team by himself. When they lose you dont hear people saying the loss is on Terry.

If you're going to carried a team you better take all the responsibility and not shift blame anywhere else but your direction.

are you really going to try and compare LBJ to Terry?

it's not the same at all. Dirk is the main option and the go to option for his team, and as you saw tonight he played terrible albeit he was sick; however, when crunch time came he WANTED the ball and he made something happen even though he had been trash all night long

LBJ who is arguably the best player on the planet didn't show up period tonight. LBJ didn't want any part of the game in the 4th quarter and had he even had a glimpse of any offense going the Heat are able to pull that out tonight.

Yes, Wade lost the game by missing the FT and fumbling that last show away, but that game wasn't on him. That's all LBJ.

cobbler
06-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Nothing to see here. Just Lebron pulling a Kobe after Wade humbled him in the post game 3 media frenzy.

LakerHater
06-07-2011, 11:53 PM
"I definitely didn't play great offensively." -- LeBron James

"The fact that it happened in a loss is the anger part about it." -- LeBron James

ElNono
06-07-2011, 11:55 PM
He was definitely out there... I saw him

florige
06-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Wade is pretty much quicker than anyone else on Dallas. Lebron had a size advantage on Chicago, whereas Dallas they have the big bodies who are mobile enough to stay in front of him. But why for the life of me when Terry is guarding him he wasn't posting him all day is beyond me. He should had been screaming for the ball. Wade just ran out of gas because he was the only one doing it on both ends of the floor while Lebron just stood around watching him.

HarlemHeat37
06-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Lebron didn't have a better size advantage against Chicago, Deng is just as big as any Mav perimeter player, and he(along with Brewer) are better defenders than anybody on the Mavs..

Dallas isn't doing anything that Boston and Chicago didn't, other than the occasional zone.. Lebron is just sucking and playing passive..

badfish22
06-08-2011, 12:10 AM
LDeng is just as big as any Mav perimeter player, and he(along with Brewer) are better defenders than anybody on the Mavs..

Nick Manning
06-08-2011, 12:13 AM

He's right (for the most part). Deng is a good defender and a perfect combo of size and speed to defend James. Brewer is a great one-on-one defender, but too small to guard Bron. Marion is more effective on Bron than Brewer is. Brewer was great on Wade.

Findog
06-08-2011, 12:13 AM
What's LeBron's excuse? Nobody's banging his mom this time.

florige
06-08-2011, 12:22 AM
He's right (for the most part). Deng is a good defender and a perfect combo of size and speed to defend James. Brewer is a great one-on-one defender, but too small to guard Bron. Marion is more effective on Bron than Brewer is. Brewer was great on Wade.

Marion looks to me to be alot quicker than Deng, and Stevenson also does well against James. And if push comes to shove Kidd can probably play James well during stretches. James was doing whatever he wanted against Deng. And it has more to do with it than just James just sucking, or the zone.

Nick Manning
06-08-2011, 12:33 AM
The frustrating thing about James is that despite being so physically gifted, possessing great court vision, and being adept at drawing fouls, he has a penchant for inexplicably checking out of big games/moments. No one cares that he was 2-10 from the field or whatever entering the 4th. You're a superstar, if you're shot's not falling then take it to the rack--especially when Kidd or Terry is switched on to you. If Wade's getting doubled or they're collapsing heavy on him, help him out. 0 pts and 0 assists in the decisive 4th quarter. Unacceptable

Yeah, I hate LeBron James because he's an utterly contemptible faggot of a human being, but the guy's talent is out of this world. If he ever "gets" it, the NBA will be screwed.

Amaso
06-08-2011, 12:41 AM
The frustrating thing about James is that despite being so physically gifted, possessing great court vision, and being adept at drawing fouls, he has a penchant for inexplicably checking out of big games/moments. No one cares that he was 2-10 from the field or whatever entering the 4th. You're a superstar, if you're shot's not falling then take it to the rack--especially when Kidd or Terry is switched on to you. If Wade's getting doubled or they're collapsing heavy on him, help him out. 0 pts and 0 assists in the decisive 4th quarter. Unacceptable

Yeah, I hate LeBron James because he's an utterly contemptible faggot of a human being, but the guy's talent is out of this world. If he ever "gets" it, the NBA will be screwed.

He is getting up there in age sort of, alot of his game relies on athleticism and in 4 years he will start to slow down physically... I think it's too late in his career to "get it". He is what he is. A physically gifted superstar with good skills but no where near the skill level of other all time greats. Still has a chance to be a borderline top 10 player if he continues his individual achievements and wins 3-4 titles with the Heat, even if it as a sidekick to Wade in the closing of games.

florige
06-08-2011, 12:46 AM

I don't even hate him anymore like I did. That hate has switched to Chalmers. But I think if LBJ ever develops a consistent jumper is when he will be really dangerous. I know LBJ would shake the living daylights out of me with little effort, but his moves compared to Rose, Kobe, Wade, Paul, just seem turtle slow. He really reminds me of a bigger version of D. Williams without the jumper, but better at assist and of course.... Other than that to me he is just a big dude with okay, not great handle who can jump out the gym. Wade like Kobe and MJ seems to be just naturally smooth when it comes to moves. And it just so happens you can't develop a gameplan against that.

Nick Manning
06-08-2011, 12:51 AM
Bron's got plenty of time. Jordan didn't win his first till he was 28 iirc. Jordan also wasn't a quitter with a penchant for shrinking in the moment, but that's neither here nor there.

Spo is a great x's and o's coach, despite what people say. He just doesn't feel comfortable calling the talent out on its bullshit. The problem is coaching ego's is an art unto itself. Zen Master and Riley are perfect at this. If Riley was on the bench and saw Bron sleepwalking through the 4th like that, he'd light a fire under his ass or park him on the bench. Riles is an expert motivator and somebody Bron sorely needs in the huddle. Wade knows the moment w/o being told (credit given to Riles for instilling this in him in 2006).

LeBron has 3 big games to make his mark...he's more than capable of doing so

Nick Manning
06-08-2011, 12:53 AM
I don't even hate him anymore like I did. That hate has switched to Chalmers. But I think if LBJ ever develops a consistent jumper is when he will be really dangerous. I know LBJ would shake the living daylights out of me with little effort, but his moves compared to Rose, Kobe, Wade, Paul, just seem turtle slow. He really reminds me of a bigger version of D. Williams without the jumper, but better at assist and of course.... Other than that to me he is just a big dude with okay, not great handle who can jump out the gym. Wade like Kobe and MJ seems to be just naturally smooth when it comes to moves. And it just so happens you can't develop a gameplan against that.

LBJ's jumper has actually been pretty good in the playoffs. The most criminal aspect of LBJ is that with all those physical tools, the guy has a worse post game than Chris Dudley

Naruluva
06-08-2011, 01:25 AM
lol saying lebron better than jordan

joshdaboss
06-08-2011, 01:27 AM

Probably? lol

nevitt_&_smrek
06-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Lebron should be ashamed of not being able post up consistently at 6'9 260.

Yes. Magic constantly increased the number of times he went into the post as his career moved along. It wasn't always pretty, but it was effective getting some cheap hoops and drawing double-teams.

Lebron's been in the league how many years, and he hasn't added that dimension to his game. No excuse, really.

LakerHater
06-08-2011, 01:37 AM
Had a bad night, shot 3-11 & his team only lost by 3..... I think he & his team will bounce back huge in Game 5!

21_Blessings
06-08-2011, 01:41 AM
I think he & his team will bounce back huge in Game 5!

If by bounce back, you mean gifted 15+ free throws then sure. Maybe then he can break double digits!

Fpoonsie
06-08-2011, 01:56 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/219xycx.jpg

LnGrrrR
06-08-2011, 07:53 PM

But he almost had a triple double! 12/9/9! lol Lebron Hater!

Bill_Brasky
06-08-2011, 08:07 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/219xycx.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd3/sally_roks/oau340.gif

:lmao

badfish22
06-08-2011, 08:13 PM
gifs from the Spurs Relevancy days.

Christ.

LkrFan
06-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Lebron isn't a polished scorer. Not strong in the post, not a good mid-range shooter, and not consistent shooting off the dribble. Most of his points are driving to the basket and shooting wide-open threes. He's basically hasn't improved too much the last few seasons on his scoring ability. He's predictable.

:lol - I'll go one step further. He has NOT progressed in 8 years. He doesn't have to if the refs are not going to call fouls on him on defense (http://http://www.emptythebench.com/2010/01/26/lebron-james-fouls/), which will allow him to be uber agressive. If you sneeze on him he'll get 663 FTAs (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/free-throws/sort/avgFreeThrowsAttempted/seasontype/2), which also allows him to be aggressive. He does not have much of a midrange game (http://http://www.nba.com/hotspots/)either, but hey: he's the king. :lol

Everything you typed is true. Props. :tu

LkrFan
06-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Nothing to see here. Just Lebron pulling a Kobe after Wade humbled him in the post game 3 media frenzy.

Youtube link please? I need to update my signaure. :)