PDA

View Full Version : Is Grant Hill HOF worthy?

rayjayjohnson
05-09-2011, 09:25 PM
There's been too many dumb HOF threads, so here's a real one.

I say yeah, but with all the injuries?

DMC
05-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Your threads are.

rayjayjohnson
05-09-2011, 09:33 PM
thank you, my threads are HOF worthy

Bill_Brasky
05-09-2011, 09:44 PM
If the F stands for faggotry.....

Kyle Orton
05-09-2011, 09:45 PM
If Manu can get in off his minor league career, Grant can off his collegiate career.

Bill_Brasky
05-09-2011, 10:03 PM
If Manu can get in off his minor league career, Grant can off his collegiate career.

3 rings faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ambchang
05-09-2011, 10:11 PM
College. Hill is a lock.

JamStone
05-09-2011, 10:34 PM
I think a lot of people have considered Grant Hill a HOFer mostly based on his college career. He had a great deal of early success in the NBA before getting injured so I think they take that into consideration as well.

I'm curious though. What about great college players who didn't do all that well in the NBA.

Does Christian Laettner get in based on his college career? How about Joakim Noah and Al Horford regardless of how the rest of their NBA careers go? How about Tyler Hansbrough? Heck, how about Jeff Sheppard? Not even all that great of a college career, but like Hill was on two NCAA championship teams and was a Most Outstanding Player for one of them.

I think the perception with Grant Hill is that he was on his way to having a HOF NBA career to bolster his consideration before injuries struck. He was a 20/8/6 guy early on with the Pistons, multiple all star, multiple all NBA performer. That distinguishes him from the other guys I mentioned. I'm on the fence with Hill but lean towards yes.

DMC
05-09-2011, 10:54 PM
If they keep letting people get in for moral reasons, it's pointless. The goddamned thing is so diluted now it's pathetic. Someone needs a "Some Pigs Are More Equal Than Others" HOF, where there's only the top 50 of all time. If you can bump one, good for you, but no fucking moral entries.

NewcastleKEG
05-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Sadly no I don't think he will and rightfully some of it has to do with his teams never making the Finals or anything close to the Finals (in his prime)

Hill first 6 seasons in the league:
21.5 PPG
7.7 RPG
6.2 APG

Without injuries I think he definitely retires as a TOP 5 SF ever

JamStone
05-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Sadly no I don't think he will and rightfully some of it has to do with his teams never making the Finals or anything close to the Finals (in his prime)

21.5 PPG
7.7 RPG
6.2 APG

Grant Hill's NBA career compares very favorably with Chris Mullin's.

NewcastleKEG
05-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Grant Hill's NBA career compares very favorably with Chris Mullin's.
On basketball reference he's right behind Worthy and in front of Willis Reed and McGrady

He's in front of Nash and Bernard King on the HOF meter

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_career.html

JMarkJohns
05-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Christian Laettner is one of the 10 most important college basketball players of all time. He was so great he, and not Shaq, was selected as a the Dream Team before he ever played an NBA game. He's responsible for a few of the most iconic plays in college basketball.

I hate Duke, but if he's not in, the Hall of Fame is a joke. Stick 'im in a College-Only section or something (Don't remember if they have this), but he's in as far as I'm concerned.

As far as Hill, I think, cumulative, he's in. He was a dynamic NBA player pre-injury, was much beloved throughout, has a gold medal from Dream Team II, and was one of the second-best player on two of the most important college basketball squads of the last 50 years.

rayjayjohnson
05-10-2011, 01:47 AM
uh.

he drinks sprite.
:lol

rayjayjohnson
05-10-2011, 01:49 AM

21.5 PPG
7.7 RPG
6.2 APG

Obviously not his prime, but he was a big part of last years wcf run, so I think that partially checks that box

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2011, 01:51 AM
I have a red Grant Hill Pistons jersey that I sometimes wear to the gym

Dhd5SWS8u4Y

vNyJLxtN6Kk

9Dk_VvgO2mA

rayjayjohnson
05-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Dear god what is that faggot music in that first vid?

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2011, 01:59 AM
Dear god what is that faggot music in that first vid?
:lol

You gotta admit, those were the moments.

Forget just how explosive he was

Höfner
05-10-2011, 03:04 AM

The Gold Medal and the Rings are all about the prestige, brah

BillMc
05-10-2011, 06:08 AM
I think its a good thread.

Grant's a lock. Two NCAA titles, a third NCAA Final, an Olympic Gold Medal, and he was one of the 5 best players in the NBA for his first 7 years before the injuries. His numbers rival Lebron's over that time. (He was a triple-double machine.)

It's the basketball HOF, not just the NBA HOF. He'll make it easily.

bus driver
05-10-2011, 08:27 AM
only if he pays to get in :wakeup

Vinnie_Johnson
05-10-2011, 09:09 AM
OMG the Teal from the first video burns my eyes. Yes Grant is probably a borderline HOF. Clearly if he doesn't get hurt he is one of the top SF ever.

hater
05-10-2011, 10:10 AM
if HIll gets in let's just go ahead and put in Matt Bonner and Adam Morrison.

Chomag
05-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Forget just how explosive he was

Same here, if only he didn't get the injury bug I think he could have gone down as the best Small forward of all time. Dude was loaded with explosivness and skill.

This reminds me of Oden. He would be a dominate big of today if he could have stayed healthy, it's such a bummer to see so much talent get wasted on bad luck.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-10-2011, 10:31 AM
if HIll gets in let's just go ahead and put in Matt Bonner and Adam Morrison.

lol