PDA

View Full Version : 65% chance of an Irony Front hitting SA/Detroit

Axe Murderer
04-26-2011, 05:44 PM
One of the re-occuring themes on this website is Detroit and San Antonio fans panicking about the idea of a Dallas/Miami NBA Finals. Many have claimed that they would not watch the series, and that the matchup represents some sort of worst-case scenario for their perception of championship basketball.

This talk is very amusing to me. I feel that it is entirely appropriate, given that the San Antonio/Detroit matchup of last year, the wet dream of Spurstalk.com, represented a "perfect storm" of unwatchability for the rest of America at large, as ratings plummetted to record lows and Americans turned away in droves.

This year, with Miami and Dallas seemingly on a collision course, a Miami/Dallas matchup would pretty much guarantee the NBA its first ratings increase of the post-Jordan era.

During last years finals, only the cities of Detroit and SA paid attention. This year if things play out as they appear, only SA and Detroit won't pay attention.

Shank
04-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Is this another post of someone trying to be historically ironic?

21_Blessings
04-26-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm unironically not laughing.

Juggity
04-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Dallas is a "small market" like San Antonio.

That would not make the ratings go up.

If Boston/LA couldn't make the ratings go up, nothing can.

redzero
04-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Is this a Darrin topic?

ChumpDumper
04-26-2011, 06:02 PM
This is a dumb topic.

TampaDude
04-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Stop making threads.

JayTheClown
04-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Dallas is a "small market" like San Antonio.

That would not make the ratings go up.

If Boston/LA couldn't make the ratings go up, nothing can.

If the 5th largest market in the country is small to you then your right. :lol

Juggity
04-26-2011, 09:15 PM
If the 5th largest market in the country is small to you then your right. :lol

Did you see the point right after it? Compared to LA etc, Dallas is a small market. If LA/Boston couldn't raise the finals ratings, no matchup can.

Darrin
04-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Is this a Darrin topic?

No, I didn't write that one.

jeebus
04-26-2011, 09:38 PM
One of the re-occuring themes on this website is Detroit and San Antonio fans panicking about the idea of a Dallas/Miami NBA Finals. Many have claimed that they would not watch the series, and that the matchup represents some sort of worst-case scenario for their perception of championship basketball.

This talk is very amusing to me. I feel that it is entirely appropriate, given that the San Antonio/Detroit matchup of last year, the wet dream of Spurstalk.com, represented a "perfect storm" of unwatchability for the rest of America at large, as ratings plummetted to record lows and Americans turned away in droves.

This year, with Miami and Dallas seemingly on a collision course, a Miami/Dallas matchup would pretty much guarantee the NBA its first ratings increase of the post-Jordan era.

During last years finals, only the cities of Detroit and SA paid attention. This year if things play out as they appear, only SA and Detroit won't pay attention.
At age 15 (almost 16) lifting weights causes decreased height, so I don't do that anymore. I do run though. As far as food it's okay to eat what you like as long as you have the metabolism to handle it without significantly gaining weight. I love guns and I'll get one for sure once I can. I get flu vaccines because I don't want to get really, really sick like I did 2 years ago when I got the flu. It's never worth it to get incredibly sick and risk pneumonia, it's better to take advantage of what the jews give us rather than boycott it.

Spurtacus
04-26-2011, 09:59 PM

Kevin Durant does not condone your words.

Axe Murderer
04-26-2011, 10:20 PM
At age 15 (almost 16) lifting weights causes decreased height, so I don't do that anymore. I do run though. As far as food it's okay to eat what you like as long as you have the metabolism to handle it without significantly gaining weight. I love guns and I'll get one for sure once I can. I get flu vaccines because I don't want to get really, really sick like I did 2 years ago when I got the flu. It's never worth it to get incredibly sick and risk pneumonia, it's better to take advantage of what the jews give us rather than boycott it.

again, i wasn't disagreeing with your opinion on this issue. you and I happen to agree that clinton's foreign policy record is immenently superior to Bush's atrocious one.

even though your viewpoint is easily justifiable, my point was that you still didn't make any good points in promoting your view.

look at that "i would say clinton was the best president of my lifetime" post. It is typical of your posts in that it is free of substance.

monosylab1k
04-26-2011, 10:37 PM
another pussyface classic :tu

jeebus
04-26-2011, 10:41 PM
again, i wasn't disagreeing with your opinion on this issue. you and I happen to agree that clinton's foreign policy record is immenently superior to Bush's atrocious one.

even though your viewpoint is easily justifiable, my point was that you still didn't make any good points in promoting your view.

look at that "i would say clinton was the best president of my lifetime" post. It is typical of your posts in that it is free of substance.
No, it isn't true. The pentatonic scales which it uses were invented by Aryans. Guitars, bass guitars, drums and keyboards are Aryan inventions. Rock music, and by extension punk, metal, goth, etc, is an extension of the European folk music tradition.

Do you know where Negroids got their "blues" and "gospel" from? Listening to Europeans and trying to copy them unsuccessfully.

crc21209
04-26-2011, 11:11 PM
:lol Dallas....

Axe Murderer
04-26-2011, 11:15 PM
:lol Dallas....

http://beyondwonderful.com/images/recipes/desserts_vanilla_ice_cream_300x450.jpg

JayTheClown
04-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Did you see the point right after it? Compared to LA etc, Dallas is a small market. If LA/Boston couldn't raise the finals ratings, no matchup can.

Market size is irrelevant in determining if viewers will watch a game or not. If the Knicks and Clippers were in the finals guess what. No one would watch that shit. :lol

jeebus
04-27-2011, 01:00 AM
http://beyondwonderful.com/images/recipes/desserts_vanilla_ice_cream_300x450.jpg
Yes, i've been through that before. But the students at my school refered to me as gothic, not emo. Hell, i'm the only emo there. They started calling me gothic or faggot in seventh grade, and only a few knew my real name because the teachers always called me by my last name. They were just too imersed in their own world to even realize that i had feelings, too. All the kids up there are stupid, most of them don't even know what emo is. In eighth grade, they started throwing rocks and heavy books at me. alot of them i dodged, though. One girl decided that she wanted to throw a math book @ me, but later on that day, she was the one with the busted head.:D Now only the boys like to fight me, and they always like to gang up on me and knee me in the stomach. That's cheating, and it's not right.:(

Frenzy
04-27-2011, 09:20 AM
So the internal affairs guy new he was being set up?