PDA

View Full Version : Can someone here please explain 2004?

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 08:29 PM
In most of the analysis of the finals I have read, everyone misses one important point: Detroit kicked the crap out of the team that beat the Spurs in six games last year. The best excuses you guys can come up with are "they had four hall of famers" or "that .4 shot was BS." Well, Detroit embarassed those four hall of famers, and avoided the problem of getting "screwed" by last second shots by winning every game by 20.

So now the Spurs add freakin' Brent Barry, and all of a sudden they are unstoppable? What am I missing?

Now I'm not pretending that the Spurs don't have a chance - obviously they are a very good team. All I'm saying is that there's a 50/50 chance you guys don't even get out of the West if we don't do you a favor and break up the Lakers. First, you should thank Detroit for that, and then you should recognize that our "inferior" defense easily did what San Antonio had great difficultly doing - we neutralized Shaq+Kobe and smoked the Lakers.

Anyway, I look forward to this series. It is thoroughly amusing that Detroit is yet AGAIN considered the "underdog" by the media. FWIW - we have now won the last 3 series where this was the case.

:fro

Sense
06-07-2005, 08:30 PM
In most of the analysis of the finals I have read, everyone misses one important point: Detroit kicked the crap out of the team that beat the Spurs in six games last year. The best excuses you guys can come up with are "they had four hall of famers" or "that .4 shot was BS." Well, Detroit embarassed those four hall of famers, and avoided the problem of getting "screwed" by last second shots by winning every game by 20.

So now the Spurs add freakin' Brent Barry, and all of a sudden they are unstoppable? What am I missing?

Now I'm not pretending that the Spurs don't have a chance - obviously they are a very good team. All I'm saying is that there's a 50/50 chance you guys don't even get out of the West if we don't do you a favor and break up the Lakers. First, you should thank Detroit for that, and then you should recognize that our "inferior" defense easily did what San Antonio had great difficultly doing - we neutralized Shaq+Kobe and smoked the Lakers.

Anyway, I look forward to this series. It is thoroughly amusing that Detroit is yet AGAIN considered the "underdog" by the media. FWIW - we have now won the last 3 series where this was the case.

One mistake you are doing is comparing your team to last years..and ours aswell.

I don't know if you forget..but we got cheated out of it.. (yes kori i said it).

I also want to say this to piss immature pistons fans

LAST YEAR WAS A FLUKE.

Experiment2100
06-07-2005, 08:31 PM

So Malone was playing from the bench?

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Who Gives A Fuck forum.

MiNuS
06-07-2005, 08:32 PM
thanks.

now its payback time~!

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 08:33 PM

I'll just say it like you guys do: What does this have to do with this series?

Steve Perry
06-07-2005, 08:34 PM
great another mouse topic..............

Dre_7
06-07-2005, 08:37 PM

Manu has long hair now!!! He didnt last year. Watch out!!!!

thispego
06-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Most pistons fans have been afflicted with big head syndrome after last years championship. Larry Brown sees past this and knows he's coaching a group of scrubbs, that is why he is gonna high tail it after this season is over and San Antonio ganks detroits precious trophy. Thanks for holding it for us detroit, there better not be one fucking scratch on it.

Pistons < Spurs
06-07-2005, 08:39 PM
What does this have to do with this series?

Thats exactly what I want to know.

mcornelio
06-07-2005, 08:41 PM
i was going to post 10 reasons why we will win this series but i decided against it... the fact of the matter is that you guys beat the lakers... whooptie fucking doo if you really want me to tell you why we lost last year it was because la was playing like they where supposed to and as soon as they beat us they turned into shit again... im not going to talk any shit... well just wait and see... i bet even rasheed guarantees a spurs win.. face it dude.. were the best team in all of profesional sports... best defense, tight offense, great team chemistry, our role players do what they are supposed to do... besides if anything goes wrong the best coach in the nba is there to fix it.. see u on thursday! :spin

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Perhaps if the Pistons actually defeated a Laker team in the Finals with a healthy Karl Malone starting and playing 40 minutes a night might I think you have a point.

Explain that, bitch.

jochhejaam
06-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Who Gives A Fuck forum.

You are obviously one bad dude!!! :blah :blah :blah :blah

One more reason why they should insist on passing an IQ test before being allowed to post! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 08:53 PM
You are obviously one bad dude!!! :blah :blah :blah :blah

One more reason why they should insist on passing an IQ test before being allowed to post! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
You have been here since today.

I'd suggest you STFU and drop it, you have no idea what my post meant.

jochhejaam
Perhaps if the Pistons actually defeated a Laker team in the Finals with a healthy Karl Malone starting and playing 40 minutes a night might I think you have a point.

Explain that, bitch.

yeah, Malone was 45 years old, scary!!! to you maybe :blah :blah :lol :lol :elephant :elephant

Ball Don't Lie
I'll just say it like you guys do: What does this have to do with this series?

Simple. Your team, for the most part, is pretty much identical to the team you had in 2004. A few role players have changed, and Manu is playing better, but everything else is equal. The Pistons are pretty much the same team they were in 2004 as well. Just like the Spurs, we swapped a few role players and one of our mid-level players (Prince) added a lot to his game.

So from where I stand, it looks like these teams are pretty much comparatively the same as they were in 2004, when the Pistons absolutely slaughtered a team that San Antonio couldn't even take to 7 games. Given this, I have no clue how you people are so damn cocky.

SPARKY
yeah, Malone was 45 years old, scary!!! to you maybe :blah :blah :lol :lol :elephant :elephant

Someone needs to watch more basketball and sniff less freon.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Alright, now these fucking purple elephants are gettin a little annoying.

It's just an emoticon, jochejaam...

Kori Ellis
Last year's team doesn't equal this year's team -- for the Spurs or for the Pistons.

Everyone needs to get off what happened last year. Last year's Spurs team choked off the Lakers series and the Pistons went on to beat that Lakers team and win a title. End of story.

This is a new story. Only one team will have a happy ending.

Useruser666
Simple, Malone was injured in the LA/Det series. He made the difference for LA against the Spurs.

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 08:55 PM

Explain that, bitch.

Yeah...I'm sure that Karl Malone and his 10 pts/game was the difference between the Pistons annihilating the Lakers and the Lakers winning in 6. :rolleyes

boutons
damn, this forum is overflowing with dumbass Pistons fans. We need to sweep these fuckers in 4 and hope this fucking Pissed-On fans crawl back to their crime-ridden, rust-belt hell-hole.

SPARKY
Simple. Your team, for the most part, is pretty much identical to the team you had in 2004. A few role players have changed, and Manu is playing better, but everything else is equal. The Pistons are pretty much the same team they were in 2004 as well. Just like the Spurs, we swapped a few role players and one of our mid-level players (Prince) added a lot to his game.

So from where I stand, it looks like these teams are pretty much comparatively the same as they were in 2004, when the Pistons absolutely slaughtered a team that San Antonio couldn't even take to 7 games. Given this, I have no clue how you people are so damn cocky.

Again, the Pistons did not face the same team that the Spurs faced. I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to grasp.

Sense
Yeah...I'm sure that Karl Malone and his 10 pts/game was the difference between the Pistons annihilating the Lakers and the Lakers winning in 6. :rolleyes

A HallofFamer with good defense and a great sense of the game + healthy would've done it.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 08:56 PM
. Given this, I have no clue how you people are so damn cocky.
Why don't you check up on your detroit pals in other threads...I am wondering the same...

YES, the spurs lost to the team that the pistons beat.

But WTF does that have to do with Spurs vs. Pistons?

Did the Spurs face the Pistons in a 7 game series yet? Then how the fuck do you know what will happen.

thispego
06-07-2005, 08:56 PM
ask us how cocky we are when we're holding the trophy high above our heads after polishing off all the grubby fingerprints your players left on it while they were prying it from their groveling hands.
cocky x 10

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Spurs fans are acting stupid -- they are trying to belittle the Pistons Championship for the Lakers team not being healthy. You guys get pissed off when other teams knock on the Spurs championships with injury reports and asterisks. So why are you doing it to Pistons fans?

Detroit fans are acting stupid -- these teams are different teams this season -- concentrate on this season, not your title from last year.

SPARKY

Someone needs to watch a little more basketball before they run their mouth. Malone was quite a force alongside Shaq last year until the Pistons lucked out with his injury.

ALVAREZ6
Last year's team doesn't equal this year's team -- for the Spurs or for the Pistons.

Everyone needs to get off what happened last year. Last year's Spurs team choked off the Lakers series and the Pistons went on to beat that Lakers team and win a title. End of story.

Thank You, Kori.

Let's just leave it at that.

jochhejaam
06-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Alright, now these fucking purple elephants are gettin a little annoying.

It's just an emoticon, jochejaam...

I suggest you don't concern yourself with the emoticons Alvy :elephant :lol :D

PM5K
06-07-2005, 08:58 PM
there better not be one fucking scratch on it.

LMFAO...

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Spurs fans are acting stupid -- they are trying to belittle the Pistons Championship for the Lakers team not being healthy. You guys get pissed off when other teams knock on the Spurs championships with injury reports and asterisks. So why are you doing it to Pistons fans?

It's not stupid when the claim is that the Pistons faced the same Laker team that the Spurs faced. Hey, I don't really think that last season is relevant but if Piston fan wants to make that lame ass argument then I am going to rip it up.

If that is not wanted here then I will say that the Piston fan invasion is not exactly a pleasant development...

TOP-CHERRY
06-07-2005, 09:00 PM
there's a 50/50 chance you guys don't even get out of the West if we don't do you a favor and break up the Lakers. First, you should thank Detroit for that, and then you should recognize that our "inferior" defense easily did what San Antonio had great difficultly doing - we neutralized Shaq+Kobe and smoked the Lakers.

Oh really? You did us a favor and broke up the Lakers?
Funny how the Pistons were handed a falling-apart Laker team, and you claim your team broke them up.

Another funny thing is how nobody seems to see that the 03' Spurs ended a 3 year Laker dynasty, full and healthy, and at their apex, might I add.

And after that year, the Laker org. had to scramble and get hall-of-famers to fight us off.

All the Pistons did was finish killing an already moribund Laker team, when the Spurs did the actual dirty job and wounded them at their fullest and brightest.

So uh... thanks? :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 09:01 PM
It's not stupid when the claim is that the Pistons faced the same Laker team that the Spurs faced.

Yeah if you are just responding to their (untrue) claims, then that's all fine and dandy. It wasn't direct at you -- it was directed at Spurs fans in several threads who are trying to asterisk the Pistons title. I'm just saying don't do it -- everyone does it to the Spurs and Spurs fans get crazy.

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 09:01 PM

You keep telling yourself that. Plug your ears and repeat after me: "Last year didn't really happen...it doesn't matter at all!!!!"

BTW - the Pistons choked against the Lakers too...We blew a 6 pt. lead in the last minute of Game 2 and went into overtime on a Kobe 3 at the buzzer. As a result, we didn't get a sweep. I guess if we were the Spurs that would have given us a good excuse to throw in the towel and whine for a year. Instead, we just won the NBA Championship. :lol

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Congrats. You beat the Karl Malone-less Lakers. Who were they starting at the 4 again? Brian Cook?

blaze89
06-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Did it help that Kobe was jacking up shots over and over again?

But that was last year, 2004, we are in 2005. The Finals start Thursday and I've said before that the Pistons make me nervous about this series, Detroit is a very good team, well coached and can beat the Spurs four times

I'm gonna be sooo nervous watching the game, I may take up smoking....possibly ending up like http://www.gba-sp.de/artikel/images/1april/airplane.jpg

EdgeX
06-07-2005, 09:04 PM
I can't believe how Pistons or Spurs fans can think this series is gonna be so easy. I'm a diehard Pistons fan but I think this series could go either way, the Spurs fans who think this is gonna be so easy make me :lol

Same goes with the Pistons fans too who think this is gonna be so easy. These 2 teams are in the finals for a reason, not because they are chumps.

On a side note, I love how you guys keep bringing up the beer incident. One idiot causes problems and it's the whole city of Detroit. I'm sure there isn't one idiot in all of San Antonio.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 09:05 PM
You keep telling yourself that. Plug your ears and repeat after me: "Last year didn't really happen...it doesn't matter at all!!!!"

Do you have no reading comprehension? I was putting down the Spurs for choking and giving the Pistons props. :wtf

geerussell
06-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Why don't you check up on your detroit pals in other threads...I am wondering the same...

YES, the spurs lost to the team that the pistons beat.

But WTF does that have to do with Spurs vs. Pistons?

Did the Spurs face the Pistons in a 7 game series yet? Then how the fuck do you know what will happen.

That's really the bottom line. Being in the finals makes it a given that they're both good teams. The way that Detroit and San Antonio match up against other teams means absolutely nothing when it comes to how they will match up head to head. This applies whether ytou're alking about last year's lakers or this year's sonics/suns/heat.

CHAMPS AGAIN
06-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I wonder how many so-called pistons fans in this forum are SPURS fans just trying to piss off SPURS fans.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Pistons have yet to face a defensive unit like the Spurs in the postseason. Ever. Piston fan seems to think the Spurs' D is on par with Sacramento's.

Fuck you all. I know Kori has to be nice but frankly I could give a fuck less about you bandwagoning bitches.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 09:09 PM
I wonder how many so-called pistons fans in this forum are SPURS fans just trying to piss off SPURS fans.

Their IPs are all in Detroit except one of them.

EdgeX
06-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Pistons have yet to face a defensive unit like the Spurs in the postseason. Ever. Piston fan seems to think the Spurs' D is on par with Sacramento's.

Fuck you all. I know Kori has to be nice but frankly I could give a fuck less about you bandwagoning bitches.

Ok.....and you've yet to face a defensive unit like the Pistons in the postseason. Good game?

mcornelio
06-07-2005, 09:11 PM
geez... this morning all the pistons fans where all educated and smart and friendly n shit... now theyr fucking gone wild... looks like they started drinking early in detroit already...

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Congrats. You beat the Karl Malone-less Lakers. Who were they starting at the 4 again? Brian Cook?

Wow - you idiots really think that 41-year old Karl Malone was the difference between our 5 game beating of the Lakers and your losing in 6. This is amusing. By the way, Karl Malone played 44 minutes in Game 1, and scored 4 points while the Pistons won by a dozen in LA. He didn't aggravate his MCL until game 2.

Face it - we spanked a fully healthy Laker team at their place in game 1. You guys couldn't even get anywhere NEAR beating them @ Staples.

bdubya
Pistons have yet to face a defensive unit like the Spurs in the postseason. Ever.

And vice versa. Should be a good series, huh?

ALVAREZ6
That's really the bottom line. Being in the finals makes it a given that they're both good teams. The way that Detroit and San Antonio match up against other teams means absolutely nothing when it comes to how they will match up head to head.
Thank you, a Piston fan with some knowledge.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927

I don't know Sparky, Indiana had a pretty good D last year. I am not saying they are as good as SA, but they weren't that far behind.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't know Sparky, Indiana had a pretty good D last year. I am not saying they are as good as SA, but they weren't that far behind.

Nowhere close. And this isn't last year.

geerussell
06-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Ok.....and you've yet to face a defensive unit like the Pistons in the postseason. Good game?

Surely you're not discounting the Suns' patented ozone defense (it's a lot like air and there's a big hole in it)?

In case you missed it, it's the same coach and the same starting five.

MadDog73
Man, I really don't understand this animosity. All the Spurs fans I know were happy as shit the Pistons beat the Lakers last year. That was the next best thing to the Spurs winning a title. There might be some die hard Spurs fans out there who wanted the Lakers to win it all last year, but I don't know any of them.

So Props to the Pistons AND the Spurs. What, first time in 18 years that the two most recent Champions face off?

This is the Final we've been waiting for. One that really matters. All the games before this mean shit - this is the final that will show who the best team in the NBA really is: The Spurs or the Pistons.

May the best team win.

SPARKY
Wow - you idiots really think that 41-year old Karl Malone was the difference between our 5 game beating of the Lakers and your losing in 6. This is amusing. By the way, Karl Malone played 44 minutes in Game 1, and scored 4 points while the Pistons won by a dozen in LA. He didn't aggravate his MCL until game 2.

Face it - we spanked a fully healthy Laker team at their place in game 1. You guys couldn't even get anywhere NEAR beating them @ Staples.

Fuck yes a Karl Malone with a busted knee was worthless. Malone was never healthy.

jochhejaam
06-07-2005, 09:15 PM

I am spartacus!!

CHAMPS AGAIN...? ...well, you weren't Champs last year so what do you mean "again"?
we're going for a repeat and I guess you're just goin' for a pete... :lol

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Yes Piston fan, prior to when you became a Piston fan in 2004, the Spurs won the title in 2003.

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Man, I really don't undertsand this animosity. All the Spurs fans I know were happy as shit the Pistons beat the Lakers last year. That was the next best thing to the Spurs winning a title. There might be some die hard Spurs fans out there who wanted the Lakers to win it all last year, but I don't know any of them.

So Props to the Pistons AND the Spurs. What, first time in 18 years that the two most recent Champions face off?

This is the Final we've been waiting for. One that really matters. All the games before this mean shit - this is the final that will show who the best team in the NBA really is: The Spurs or the Pistons.

May the best team win.

Good post. May the best team win.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 09:18 PM
I am spartacus!!

CHAMPS AGAIN...? ...well, you weren't Champs last year so what do you mean "again"?
we're going for a repeat and I guess you're just goin' for a pete... :lol
2003, 1999?

a·gain

1) Once more; anew: Try again.
2) To a previous place, position, or state: left home but went back again.
3) Furthermore; moreover: Again, we need to collect more data.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Given this, I have no clue how you people are so damn cocky.

So because we think the Spurs can win the series, we are cocky? So be it.

06-07-2005, 09:19 PM

I know, but he said faced a defensive team like SA ever. Nowhere close? Why?

Steve Perry
06-07-2005, 09:19 PM
This dude is running smack with kori?. I might just stay here, brb going to get a quart of bush beer...

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 09:20 PM
So Spurs fans, because they feel that their team, a team who has demonstrated a superior offense and defense this season, are "cocky", yet Piston fan, whose team has demonstrated a somewhat less offense and defense and is spamming this forum with their freon inhaled cranium droppings is not?

EdgeX
06-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Man, I really don't understand this animosity. All the Spurs fans I know were happy as shit the Pistons beat the Lakers last year. That was the next best thing to the Spurs winning a title. There might be some die hard Spurs fans out there who wanted the Lakers to win it all last year, but I don't know any of them.

May the best team win.

Good post
Goodluck and like you said, May the best team win.

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 09:25 PM
So Spurs fans, because they feel that their team, a team who has demonstrated a superior offense and defense this season, are "cocky", yet Piston fan, whose team has demonstrated a somewhat less offense and defense and is spamming this forum with their freon inhaled cranium droppings is not?

I would like to point out that San Antonio had better offense, better defense, better MOV, and a better overall record than Detroit in 2004. So we know what that means in the grand scheme of things. :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
06-07-2005, 09:28 PM
So far there haven't been more than 2 or 3 intelligent posts in this thread. All I want to know from you Pistons fans is, IF the Spurs win the Championship, with all the shit that you've been coming up with, will you be man enough to come back here and take the criticism? or will you cowardly disappear and never be seen again?

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 09:29 PM
I would like to point out that San Antonio had better offense, better defense, better MOV, and a better overall record than Detroit in 2004. So we know what that means in the grand scheme of things. :lol

Yeah, hope an opponent sustains a major injury so you have a chance to win a fluke title.

EdgeX
06-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Yeah, hope an opponent sustains a major injury so you have a chance to win a fluke title.

I love when people throw the fluke thing around, I was watching Jim Rome today (who I don't really care for) and he said anybody who says Detroit was a fluke like they have been is a fool. You don't win a championship, then make it back to the finals by taking down the Heat in game 7 on their homecourt as a fluke.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 09:32 PM
You watch Jim Rome?

Yikes.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 09:34 PM
anybody who says Detroit was a fluke like they have been is a fool

I would agree...they earned their title fair and square. I still think the Spurs will win the title this year though. In the eyes of some Pistons fans I am cocky and an asshole but I stick by my prediction.

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 09:35 PM

As I said - we did in Game 1 of the Finals what the Spurs didn't even come close to doing in three games. We beat a fully healthy Lakers team in LA by a dozen points. The Lakers were in big trouble far before Malone aggravated his MCL in Game 2. Explain that.

At this point it doesn't really bother me that you people discredit the Pistons. My point is that anybody who thinks this will be a 5 game series - EITHER WAY - is a moron. If that makes me a troll, so be it.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 09:37 PM
At this point it doesn't really bother me that you people discredit the Pistons. My point is that anybody who thinks this will be a 5 game series - EITHER WAY - is a moron. If that makes me a troll, so be it.

Fair enough but Pistons fans come in here, talk shit then get pissed when we don't agree. If you would have read more, you would have seen that a lot of the fans here give the proper credit to Detroit and acknowledge its going to be a tough series. They just think the outcome will be different and for that, Piston Fan goes 3rd grade with the name calling card.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Actually, you are a moron.

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 09:38 PM
I would agree...they earned their title fair and square. I still think the Spurs will win the title this year though. In the eyes of some Pistons fans I am cocky and an asshole but I stick by my prediction.

It's not you who I have a problem with. The annoying ones are the idiots who are like "THE PISTONS ARE A FLUKE YOU GUYS SUCK SPURS SWEEP!!!!" that seem to be all over the place here.

MadDog73
06-07-2005, 09:38 PM
As I said - we did in Game 1 of the Finals what the Spurs didn't even come close to doing in three games. We beat a fully healthy Lakers team in LA by a dozen points. The Lakers were in big trouble far before Malone aggravated his MCL in Game 2. Explain that.

Good point. For the last time, the Pistons have earned where they are.

Or do Spurs fans really want to go down this road? What if Dirk was healthy in '03? Or if Tim was healthy in 2000? We'll never know, so guessing is stupid.

All I know is two healthy Championship teams are meeting in the finals. What more do you want?

Pistons < Spurs
06-07-2005, 09:39 PM

May the best team win.

As others have stated, good post.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Fair enough but Pistons fans come in here, talk shit then get pissed when we don't agree. If you would have read more, you would have seen that a lot of the fans here give the proper credit to Detroit and acknowledge its going to be a tough series. They just think the outcome will be different and for that, Piston Fan goes 3rd grade with the name calling card.

Amen. Just about every post from Piston fan consists of "we gots emotion", "last year...", "the Pistons are great so they will win because they are great", etc...

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 09:40 PM
It's not you who I have a problem with. The annoying ones are the idiots who are like "THE PISTONS ARE A FLUKE YOU GUYS SUCK SPURS SWEEP!!!!" that seem to be all over the place here.

You ever think that you engendered that response because of how you entered this forum to begin with? Come on little bitch stop your whining.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 09:41 PM

Cool...but you shouldn't drop the "You people" line. A lot of Spurs fans give opposing teams proper respect....its the loud minority that get noticed.

06-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Fuck yes a Karl Malone with a busted knee was worthless. Malone was never healthy.

It must be a medical miracle that he played 44 minutes in G1...

That was last year. Who cares? This is a new year and a new animal...

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Malone had no lateral movement whatsoever at that time.

Again, tell your butt buddy that the past doesn't matter. As long as he brings it up I'm going to piss in your fucking Cheerios.

milkyway21
06-07-2005, 09:50 PM
:lol

do you really think you get RESPECT out of some doubters by saying that?

did you really think you could win over Miami w/ a healthy ShaQ & Wade? Well, i hate Shaq but despite the injury you only pull an 8pt adv and only in the last minutes of the 4th? on FTs? :D

BTW, how come the 2004 Champs almost got eliminated by Iverson's 76ers(w/o a decent center), & Pacer(w/ no Artest), if they're the best?

IT STILL STANDS : 2004 TITLE WAS A FLUKE :shootme .

but you still get the chance of proving us wrong.

BEAT THE SPURS IN 4. :smokin

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Why is it a fluke? By that same logic, the Spurs advancing to the Finals in 2003 is a fluke because Dirk was hurt. 2003 wasn't a fluke and neither was 2004. If the Spurs hadn't pissed away a 2-0 lead we could be the ones talking repeat.

SequSpur
06-07-2005, 09:54 PM
FO.

Spurs in Four.

Sweepage.

06-07-2005, 09:55 PM

did you really think you could win over Miami w/ a healthy ShaQ & Wade? Well, i hate Shaq but despite the injury you only pull an 8pt adv and only in the last minutes of the 4th? on FTs? :D

BTW, how come the 2004 Champs almost got eliminated by Iverson's 76ers(w/o a decent center), & Pacer(w/ no Artest), if they're the best?

So I guess then the Spurs almost were eliminated by the Nuggs and Sonics then? Both teams went 4-1, 4-2 in the first 2 rounds...

1Parker1
06-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Manu has long hair now!!! He didnt last year. Watch out!!!!

:lol That was funny.

MadDog73
06-07-2005, 10:04 PM
FO.

Spurs in Four.

Sweepage.

Do you really think that Sequ, or are you just starting Sheyitt?

SequSpur
06-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Pistons can't hang.

The Suns and Sonics would sweep Detroit.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Sequ's just joining the "sheyittt" now.

milkyway21
06-07-2005, 10:18 PM
So I guess then the Spurs almost were eliminated by the Nuggs and Sonics then? Both teams went 4-1, 4-2 in the first 2 rounds...

YEAH? WITH DUNCAN JUST 75% HEALTHY?

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, I DIDN'T SEE GAME 7:rolleyes

theballaplaya
06-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Damn. Pistons can't hang wit da spurs.

Who you be kiddin?

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 10:20 PM

:lol You WISH you could have had that "fluke."

BTW - Miami was much better than the Laker team which dropped you guys last year.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:26 PM

BTW - Miami was much better than the Laker team which dropped you guys last year.

Miami with a missing and hurt Wade < Healthy '04 Lakers.

Even you can't be that stupid.

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Miami with a missing and hurt Wade < Healthy '04 Lakers.

Even you can't be that stupid.

Well...we beat a healthy Lakers team by 12 in LA last year in Game 1. That never happened against Miami.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Perhaps, just perhaps, because the Laker team you faced in the Finals wasn't healthy?

Duh. Fuck man can you feed yourself or does your mama have a raw nipple?

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Perhaps, just perhaps, because the Laker team you faced in the Finals wasn't healthy?

Duh. Fuck man can you feed yourself or does your mama have a raw nipple?

How exactly were they not healthy in Game 1 when we spanked them? Exactly what injuries occured in the Minnesota series?

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Here you go:

Malone injured his knee in the Western Conference finals against Minnesota, but kept it quiet as the series went on. He had the knee drained June 1 — a day after the Lakers eliminated the Timberwolves and five days before Game 1 of the NBA Finals.

reality (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/2004-06-15-malone-sits_x.htm)

Now shut up already.

Dan Rather
06-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Hello ' This is Dan Rather and welcome to CBS News.......

There seems to be a very hot topic at spurstalk ,
and I am reporting live from the spurstalk forum to to report the early results of tonight's smack off scoreboard ,

as of 10:35 pm central time.. as I see it now.... early results indicate that .........

Ball Don't Lie's score 75
25 on running smack ,
25 on holding back the meltdowns, and a bonus 25 on making the oringinal topic

Kori's 80 had 105 but lost 25 on getting owned by a troll but gets 50 for having the website the smack off took place at.

Alverez 25, had 55 but lost 20 on cursing and 10 on short temper.

others have scores from 5 to 25 , and screen names will be posted soon as I recive more data on my desk. I want to make sure this time.

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Here you go:

reality (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/2004-06-15-malone-sits_x.htm)

Now shut up already.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yes, he did sit out Game 5. After we were up 3-1.

Again, I ask you - how was any of the Lakers injured in Game 1 when we beat them by 12 in LA? When did this injury occur in the Minnesota series?

Face it - the LA team the Pistons spanked in LA in Game 1 was the exact same team that smoked San Antonio three times at Staples in Round 2. We did in one game what you couldn't do in 3.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Malone was a shell of himself in that series due first and foremost to that injury. I understand that you are Piston fan but it's rather hard to pretend that Malone was at the same level health-wise throughout that series that he was against the Spurs.

But I know, outside of the Pistons, Piston fan doesn't follow the NBA.

timvp
06-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Hello ' This is Dan Rather and this is CBS News.......

There seems to be a hot topic at spurstalk ,
and I am reporting live from the spurstalk forum to to report the early results of tonight's smack off scoreboard , as of 10:35 pm central time.. as I see it now....early results indicate that .........

Ball Don't Lie's score 75 25 on smack ,25 on holding back the meltdowns,
and 25 on making the oringinal topic

Kori's 80 had 105 but lost 25 on getting owned by a troll but gets 20 50 for having the website the smack off took place at.

Alverez 25 had 55 but lost 20 on cursing and 10 on short temper.

others have scores from 5 to 25 and screen names will be posted soon as I recive more data on my desk. I want to make sure this time.

:rollin

Nice.

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Malone was a shell of himself in that series due first and foremost to that injury. I understand that you are Piston fan but it's rather hard to pretend that Malone was at the same level health-wise throughout that series that he was against the Spurs.

But I know, outside of the Pistons, Piston fan doesn't follow the NBA.

Again, where did Malone get hurt in the Minnesota series? Please point this out for me.

The injury that hobbled him against the Pistons occurred in Game 2 - AFTER we had already handed the Lakers a beating at their place.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Go back to the link dumbfuck. Then recognize you never had an argument to begin with. Fuck man, watch a game sometime and stop using the boxscore as a crutch.

timvp
06-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Sparky just layed some ownage to a Pistons fan.

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Go back to the link dumbfuck. Then recognize you never had an argument to begin with. Fuck man, watch a game sometime and stop using the boxscore as a crutch.

I read the link. Malone was hurt in Game 5. I don't see how that proves he was hurt in Game 1. Even you probably understand that Game 5 comes after Game 1.

Here - I'll help you out by giving you the linke to the Game 2 recap:

http://www.nba.com/games/20040608/DETLAL/recap.html

"Walton's energy in the first half helped the Lakers open a 44-36 lead. But the news was not all good as Karl Malone suffered a sprained MCL in his right knee, the same one he tore earlier this season that forced him to miss 40 games."

He reinjured his knee in Game 2. Which means he wasn't hurt in Game 1. Which means we beat a fully healthy Lakers squad on their own court by 12 points. No matter how much you attempt to rewrite history, this remains the truth.

Shelly
06-07-2005, 10:57 PM
FO.

Spurs in Four.

Sweepage.

Dude, you're the one who started an "It's Over" topic when the Spus lost game 1 in the Denver series. :spin What changed your mind?

SequSpur
06-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Dude, you're the one who started an "It's Over" topic when the Spus lost game 1 in the Denver series. :spin What changed your mind?

Ease up player.

:hat

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 11:01 PM

Shelly called out fair-weather Sequ.

SequSpur
06-07-2005, 11:03 PM

Shelly called out fair-weather Sequ.

:rolleyes

Don't be hatin.

Shelly
06-07-2005, 11:04 PM
:)

Just keeping it real....

manu is not an allstar

SequSpur
06-07-2005, 11:06 PM
:)

Just keeping it real....

manu is not an allstar

You're taxin my gig.

BTW, I test drove the new A4 and A3.

Blow me.

Dan Rather
06-07-2005, 11:09 PM
I must apoligize I think my ealier reports could have been fabricated,....

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 11:13 PM
I read the link. Malone was hurt in Game 5. I don't see how that proves he was hurt in Game 1. Even you probably understand that Game 5 comes after Game 1.

Here - I'll help you out by giving you the linke to the Game 2 recap:

http://www.nba.com/games/20040608/DETLAL/recap.html

"Walton's energy in the first half helped the Lakers open a 44-36 lead. But the news was not all good as Karl Malone suffered a sprained MCL in his right knee, the same one he tore earlier this season that forced him to miss 40 games."

He reinjured his knee in Game 2. Which means he wasn't hurt in Game 1. Which means we beat a fully healthy Lakers squad on their own court by 12 points. No matter how much you attempt to rewrite history, this remains the truth.

Again, Malone hurt that knee in the 2004 WCF. Yes, he nutted up and made a go of it in the Finals yet was nowhere near what he was when the Spurs played the Lakers in the 2004 playoffs. Yeah, he hurt that knee again during the course of the Finals and ultimately had to sit down for fear of not being able to play ever again.

The Pistons did not face the same Laker team in last year's playoffs that the Spurs faced so stop trying to pretend otherwise.

The premise of your original argument is invalid for that reason and I would add that the Spurs have a real starting center now this season, unlike last season. But of course you knew that...if not, fuck, check a boxscore Piston fan.

Dan Rather
06-07-2005, 11:31 PM

Sequ's back peddling reminds me of when I had to come clean on Live Tv for CBS, that day was a day , I will never forget...

Carnie
06-07-2005, 11:35 PM
:rolleyes

Don't be hatin.

Sequ got....

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/bite.jpg

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Again, Malone hurt that knee in the 2004 WCF. Yes, he nutted up and made a go of it in the Finals yet was nowhere near what he was when the Spurs played the Lakers in the 2004 playoffs. Yeah, he hurt that knee again during the course of the Finals and ultimately had to sit down for fear of not being able to play ever again.

The Pistons did not face the same Laker team in last year's playoffs that the Spurs faced so stop trying to pretend otherwise.

The premise of your original argument is invalid for that reason and I would add that the Spurs have a real starting center now this season, unlike last season. But of course you knew that...if not, fuck, check a boxscore Piston fan.

And again you can't answer my question you chump.

Give me an EXACT point where somebody on the Lakers was hurt in the T'Wolves series. Credible sources (as in NBA.com and not your dumb ass) seem to have missed this phantom "injury" that made the Lakers weaker going into the Pistons series.

Karl Malone almost had a triple double in Game 4 against Minnesota, and followed that up with 17 pts/9 rebounds in Game 5. Please explain what happened to him between these games and Game 1 of the Finals (besides the Pistons' D of course). :fro

milkyway21
06-07-2005, 11:47 PM

Are you telling me you beat a much better team Miami with an injured ShaQ & Wade than the 2004 Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Malone, & Payton, who beat us in 2004?

:idiot.

EdgeX
06-07-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm gonna repost what I posted in another thread. This also applies to my fellow Piston fans.

Bottomline is all this speculation about who did what against who is foolish, we both haven't played teams like each other. It's going to be Spurs vs Pistons, not the Pistons that played the Heat, or beat the Lakers last year vs. the Spurs that played the Suns, or lost to the Lakers last year.

Like I said earlier, I think this series could go either way, and it's gonna come down to who wants it more and who performs. Not who did what against who in the past.

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 12:11 AM
And again you can't answer my question you chump.

Give me an EXACT point where somebody on the Lakers was hurt in the T'Wolves series. Credible sources (as in NBA.com and not your dumb ass) seem to have missed this phantom "injury" that made the Lakers weaker going into the Pistons series.

Karl Malone almost had a triple double in Game 4 against Minnesota, and followed that up with 17 pts/9 rebounds in Game 5. Please explain what happened to him between these games and Game 1 of the Finals (besides the Pistons' D of course). :fro

Can Piston fan not read? :lol Is USA Today not a "credible source"?

Malone injured his knee in the Western Conference finals against Minnesota, but kept it quiet as the series went on. He had the knee drained June 1 — a day after the Lakers eliminated the Timberwolves and five days before Game 1 of the NBA Finals.

Ball Don't Lie
06-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Can Piston fan not read? :lol Is USA Today not a "credible source"?

And the reality is that he performed quite well throughout that series even though he was supposedly "injured". So what changed?

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Rasho could put up 17 and 9 on the Wolves frontcourt.

Ball Don't Lie
06-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Rasho could put up 17 and 9 on the Wolves frontcourt.

:lol Well SA must really have sucked then because they lost the division to the Wolves.

It sure is amusing to sit here and watch you attempt to discredit all the teams that went further than the Spurs in the playoffs last year.

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 12:20 AM
:lol Well SA must really have sucked then because they lost the division to the Wolves.

It sure is amusing to sit here and watch you attempt to discredit all the teams that went further than the Spurs in the playoffs last year.

It's more amusing to see you hang on to the fumes of yesteryear.

Ball Don't Lie
06-08-2005, 12:22 AM
It's more amusing to see you hang on to the fumes of yesteryear.

I will be happy to hang on the merits of this year after the Pistons smoke Timmy & Co.

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 12:23 AM
The spurs didn't match up well to LAL. Malone could contain Duncan. San Antonio couldn't hit 3's because Turkoglu sucked in the playoffs. This years team is much better and is more versatile. I heard Fisher and Malone were hurt and Kobe had a bad matchup with Prince. The Lakers weren't a running team either so that worked for Detroit. There are many other reasons also.

Sense
06-08-2005, 12:34 AM
The spurs didn't match up well to LAL. Malone could contain Duncan. San Antonio couldn't hit 3's because Turkoglu sucked in the playoffs. This years team is much better and is more versatile. I heard Fisher and Malone were hurt and Kobe had a bad matchup with Prince. The Lakers weren't a running team either so that worked for Detroit. There are many other reasons also.

I heard the mavs lost in first round last season.

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 12:37 AM
:stfu

milkyway21
06-08-2005, 01:14 AM
I will be happy to hang on the merits of this year after the Pistons smoke Timmy & Co.and I'd be more than happy if some of you Pistons fans settle down a little bit, and copy the Spurs-Suns fans relationship we used to ENJOY in the 3rd series.

It was exciting just to play ball than talking crap. Believe me.

Calm down :oops

leemajors
06-08-2005, 02:41 AM
these pistons fans are almost getting the full sparky experience. just say malik sucks and then see what happens!

myhc
06-08-2005, 02:49 AM

:stfu

:rollin that reaction is priceless.

Boom Hower
06-08-2005, 02:18 PM
BoyThisTopicHasMoreSmackThanMyWifeSmackingMyAssAft erANasCarRace

whottt
06-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Ball don't lie...the answer is simple.

Spurs were the best team in the NBA last season, on paper, and when playing their best...we were definitely better than LA if not the TWolves...but we choked.

Watch what we did to LA in the first 2 games...they looked like a CBA team.

We beat ourselves against LA and you guys didn't...On top of that...LA is the only team against whom we really beat ourselves...I still have to give credit to Phil Jackson for that though...he is a true master of isolating the choking element and forcing it to beat him...he was able to do that against the Spurs last season(and in a few others as well).

This season, the choking Hed....er....the choking element has been removed...so even if Larry Brown is able to emulate Phil Jacksons mastery of isolating the choking element and using it against us(a skill Larry Brown has never shown himself to have)...

Most of us don't think this years team has a choking element( getting big minutes on the court)..

What it boils down to is that if we don't beat ourselves we will win this title...no matter how good you guys play.

There is no doubt that you guys have heart...

With the Spurs it is not so certain...then again, our best players still come from a team that did have heart...and it does appear we have sucessfully removed the choking element from our team...and even if we haven't you guys probably won't be able to figure out how to isolate it like Phil Jackson was able to do(hint: the choking element definitely isn't Brent Barry and I do hope you guys test him in the crucial moments of a road game, please do it, I beg you).

That's all it is.

spurster
06-08-2005, 04:31 PM
IMHO, Spurs lost to the Lakers because:

1) Malone was able to guard TD.

2) Hedon't and Horry choked. The Spurs outside shooting generally choked, but if either of those two got out of their funk, it would have been a Spurs-Pistons final.

jochhejaam
06-08-2005, 05:10 PM
So far there haven't been more than 2 or 3 intelligent posts in this thread. All I want to know from you Pistons fans is, IF the Spurs win the Championship, with all the shit that you've been coming up with, will you be man enough to come back here and take the criticism? or will you cowardly disappear and never be seen again?

I won't be back to congratulate you if you win. I won't visit this board after any games we might lose but I will visit/post after games we win. :lol

If you win you are the best team and I will admit that you are obviously the best in the west. The Spurs are my second (a distant second) favorite team in the NBA. You don't have any jerks on your team and for that I am thankful. Best of luck and I think it's goin' to be a great series!

Cant_Be_Faded
06-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Malone played duncan really really well and from what i remember he was reduced to doing jack shit by the time detroit series rolled around

spurs will own j00

Cant_Be_Faded
06-08-2005, 05:44 PM
the choking element definitely isn't Brent Barry and I do hope you guys test him in the crucial moments of a road game, please do it, I beg you

^^^^thats a classic!!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2005, 05:51 PM
There is some sort of "mystique" factor with the Lakers that seems to have always been in the heads of the Spurs.

Last year I thought SA totally got away from their game as the 2nd round drew on.

The only team able to knock a healthy Spurs team out of the playoffs since the '99 title is the Lakers.

There will be no "mist(a)que" with the Pistons this year.

Brutalis
06-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Detroit is about to get a heavy boot in the ass for a crowd of patrons.

milkyway21
06-10-2005, 03:10 AM
I will be happy to hang on the merits of this year after the Pistons smoke Timmy & Co.

you still have 6 more games to PROVE it, Ball Don't Lie :D

Dreaming is Free! :sleep

SPARKY
06-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Just like 2004. Yep.

manubili
06-11-2005, 03:32 PM
The 2004 argument is: A in bigger than B. B is bigger than C. So, A is bigger than C.
Aparently, for some detroit fans, basketball is based on algebra.
Two days ago, C was bigger than A.

Why? Because there are other arguments much more strong to attend to.

Manu is one of them. TD is another. And we got more.

Detroit got their own, for sure. I can't wait to see what happens.

Enjoy.