View Full Version : 2011 Draft Prospect: Norris Cole

Bruno
04-08-2011, 02:54 PM
http://www.netscoutsbasketball.com/_uploads/blog/norris-cole.jpg
Height: 6-2
Weight: 185 lbs
Birthday: 10/13/1988
College: Cleveland State

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Norris-Cole-6234/)
nbadraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/norris-cole)

5in10
05-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Would not mind taking a look at this guy for our second pick, or maybe moving up in the second round to get. Smart Point who works best with pick n roll and has great court awareness. Would love to have him run our second unit.

tav1
05-30-2011, 03:39 PM
I like everything I read about this guy, although I've never seen him play. I'm curious to see if the Spurs give him a workout.

spurs777
06-04-2011, 02:25 AM
He is a good value pick this draft but not a fit for the spurs with Neal and Hill probably going to share duties at PG.

Bruno
07-24-2011, 05:39 PM
I've looked back at the draft lately and I've come to the conclusion that Norris Cole was maybe Spurs first target at #29.

Miami move up from #31 to #28 to get him. They gave up cash and a good future second round pick in the process which is a lot. Miami should have feared that Cole would be gone at#31.

Between #28 and #31, there were Spurs at #29 and Bulls at #30. With Rose and CJ Watson, Bulls weren't a big threat to draft a PG. Miami has likely move up because they feared Spurs would draft Cole.

The unknown is if Heat thoughts Spurs could select Cole only because they needed a PG and Cole was the top PG remaining or because they have heard some rumors/leaks about Spurs drafting him.

GB20
07-24-2011, 06:03 PM
I've looked back at the draft lately and I've come to the conclusion that Norris Cole was maybe Spurs first target at #29.

Miami move up from #31 to #28 to get him. They gave up cash and a good future second round pick in the process which is a lot. Miami should have feared that Cole would be gone at#31.

Between #28 and #31, there were Spurs at #29 and Bulls at #30. With Rose and CJ Watson, Bulls weren't a big threat to draft a PG. Miami has likely move up because they feared Spurs would draft Cole.

The unknown is if Heat thoughts Spurs could select Cole only because they needed a PG and Cole was the top PG remaining or because they have heard some rumors/leaks about Spurs drafting him.
if that was the case then they would have drafted Davis Bertan at 29.

Bruno
07-24-2011, 06:06 PM
if that was the case then they would have drafted Davis Bertan at 29.

Not necessarily.
Joseph could have been between Cole and Bertans on Spurs draft board.

GB20
07-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Not necessarily.
you are right but we will never know.

elemento
07-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Not necessarily.

And there was a rumor that the Cavs would get Cory Joseph with their 2nd round pick (32th).

Bruno
07-25-2011, 12:00 PM
There are for sure some questions surrounding The Cory Joseph pick.

After the Hill trade, Spurs badly needed a PG. Was Joseph the or at least one of the best player available for Spurs or did Spurs mainly go by need with their pick?

Nolan Smith, Reggie Jackson and Norris Cole were realistic targets but were gone before Spurs' pick. How Joseph was ranked compared to them for Spurs?

8FOR!3
07-25-2011, 03:30 PM
I was hoping Norris Cole would drop to us, but I think Cory Joseph will end up working out.

TD 21
07-25-2011, 05:10 PM
There are for sure some questions surrounding The Cory Joseph pick.

After the Hill trade, Spurs badly needed a PG. Was Joseph the or at least one of the best player available for Spurs or did Spurs mainly go by need with their pick?

Nolan Smith, Reggie Jackson and Norris Cole were realistic targets but were gone before Spurs' pick. How Joseph was ranked compared to them for Spurs?

I agree with you that Cole was probably the Spurs primary target at 29. I was actually thinking that a few days before the draft, when the Parker rumors were rampant (even though I didn't think they'd trade Parker). From what I heard about Cole leading up to the draft, he sounded like the Spurs type of pick.

Joseph was considered a potential lottery pick entering the season, so he may yet be a better long term prospect than Cole and Jackson. But even if he is, there's probably a good chance there isn't much separating them in their primes. Which is why the fact that Cole and Jackson are projected to be ready to play immediately would have likely meant the Spurs would have selected either ahead of Joseph. Smith, I think the Spurs would have went with Joseph ahead of him.

spurs10
07-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Do any of you recall RC saying Joseph was their choice at 29 from the beginning. He might have just been being nice for Joseph's sake, but you never know.....???

mountainballer
07-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Which is why the fact that Cole and Jackson are projected to be ready to play immediately would have likely meant the Spurs would have selected either ahead of Joseph.

hm. but if the Spurs were looking for a NBA ready PG, they could have picked Mack or Jenkins. (who they both had invited for work outs)

Bill_Brasky
07-26-2011, 01:50 PM

Good call. Watching the Finals, Miami was terrible at the PG position. Other than Chalmers, they really had absolutely nothing. Cole will be able to come in and play immediately for them.

elemento
07-27-2011, 09:53 PM
This draft was like the 2008 draft.

Our target was Batum and Hill was our 2nd option. I do think we had a 1st option (i think it was Mirotic, Cole and Joseph in that order), but our FO knew Mirotic would be taken before our pick.

If you guys see the draft, Mirotic was taken 1 spot before the OKC pick. I think he was their main target and Jackson was the 2nd.

intlspurshk
12-29-2011, 03:23 AM
Cole is pretty damn good for the Heat. No disrespect to CJ but he could have been a great pick for SPURS. On the other hand, Hill plays poorly for Pacer, not sure what happened to him

ChuckD
12-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Do any of you recall RC saying Joseph was their choice at 29 from the beginning. He might have just been being nice for Joseph's sake, but you never know.....???

You're never just "nice" with a first round pick, and it's associated guaranteed contract. I'm sure RC was familiar with Joseph, though. He's just a short drunken drive away in Austin.

TDMVPDPOY
12-29-2011, 10:41 AM
there is no difference between cole and whoever we drafted,

both are in different situations atm, cole is force into the lineup and he has 3 guys taking most of the awareness from him which leaves him open...example is rondo with the 3 clowns...

if the spurs didnt have a pg starter, we wouldve been force to start the rookie pg

ducks
01-01-2012, 12:15 AM
heat were smart to draft him