PDA

View Full Version : H1t Me Baby One More Time

Gatita
05-27-2005, 07:36 PM
New Show on NBC.

Veteran hitmakers perform and compete! Based on the popular UK show of the same name, "Hit Me Baby One More Time" tracks down hitmakers from the past and they take the stage in a new competition in which you're the judge! Former Top Ten artists return to perform their trademark hit song along with one of today's current hits. At the end of the night, the live audience votes for their favorites!

Individuals performing:
A Flock of Seagulls
Arrested Development
CeCe Peniston
Loverboy
Tiffany

Coming Soon...
Wang Chung, The Knack, Irene Cara, Sophie B. Hawkins, Cameo, Tommy Tutone, Vanilla Ice, The Motels and more!

I think it will be cool to see some of the bands/singers from the 80's. I didn't grow up in the 80's, but I sure wish I did.

ObiwanGinobili
05-27-2005, 08:06 PM
I saw this commercial.. I wa in shock..
i mean at 1st I thought it was a joke, like a spoof or something...
but obbviouslt they are serious.

sad.. so sad. really pathetic and a sure sign that this country and humanity in general are goign to hell in a hand basket.

that beign said; I'll probebly watch it. :oops

Mr Dio
05-27-2005, 08:08 PM
I'd watch it because I think it would be cool to see how bad/cool these songs were.

Gatita
05-27-2005, 08:09 PM
I saw this commercial.. I wa in shock..
i mean at 1st I thought it was a joke, like a spoof or something...
but obbviouslt they are serious.

sad.. so sad. really pathetic and a sure sign that this country and humanity in general are goign to hell in a hand basket.

that beign said; I'll probebly watch it. :oops

If you haven't noticed the film industry is also reverting to the "oldies but goodies". All the remakes are crazy. It just goes to show that no one has an orginal idea. I miss the "old" music. Music nowadays blow! :cuss

05-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Just a continuation of the VH1 show they had last year (can't remember the name of it off hand) that tracked down bands from the 80's and tried to get them back together for a gig.

I saw the one they did for Berlin, and Terri Nunn is still fucking hot.

Gatita
05-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Just a continuation of the VH1 show they had last year (can't remember the name of it off hand) that tracked down bands from the 80's and tried to get them back together for a gig.

I saw the one they did for Berlin, and Terri Nunn is still fucking hot.

The show was called Bands Reunited. I am pretty sure more will want to do NBC's show. :bling, bigger audience :)

AlamoSpursFan
05-28-2005, 10:36 AM
I thought this was another Tara Reid/Tommy Lee thread...

:lol

Court4Short
05-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Was i the only one who saw ont he commercial Boyz II Men?? It was scrolling in the list of people to be on...um i dont think they should do the show at all.

atlfan25
05-28-2005, 03:14 PM
this has got to be the dumbest shit i have seen, i hope nbc goes under cuz of this.

ObiwanGinobili
05-28-2005, 04:12 PM
i hope the knack sings my sharona and that janet reno dances onstage to it

or they could get will ferrel to play Janet Reno on stage...man that was funny.. i love janet reno's dance party.

jalbre6
05-28-2005, 04:25 PM
New Show on NBC.

Veteran hitmakers perform and compete! Based on the popular UK show of the same name, "Hit Me Baby One More Time" tracks down hitmakers from the past and they take the stage in a new competition in which you're the judge! Former Top Ten artists return to perform their trademark hit song along with one of today's current hits. At the end of the night, the live audience votes for their favorites!

Individuals performing:
A Flock of Seagulls
Arrested Development
CeCe Peniston
Loverboy
Tiffany

Coming Soon...
Wang Chung, The Knack, Irene Cara, Sophie B. Hawkins, Cameo, Tommy Tutone, Vanilla Ice, The Motels and more!

I think it will be cool to see some of the bands/singers from the 80's. I didn't grow up in the 80's, but I sure wish I did.

I hate reality shows, but odds are pretty good that I'll tune in to this one...but then again I can watch hour after hour of I love the 80's on VH1. It's got to beat the ballroom dancing show with Evander Holyfield.

Gatita
05-28-2005, 08:06 PM
I hate reality shows, but odds are pretty good that I'll tune in to this one...but then again I can watch hour after hour of I love the 80's on VH1.

Me too. :)