PDA

View Full Version : NBA/N.O. Hornets back to contender status?

BRHornet45
12-18-2010, 12:32 AM
sons could it be?

Lukor
12-18-2010, 12:36 AM
no.

Pelicans78
12-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Stop fooling yourself BR! The Jazz are a good team, but a 2nd tier team in the West. They're not on the level of the Lakers/Spurs/Mavs. They lost to the Heat on their home floor. Let's not get carried away. The Hornets were supposed to win this game if they're really a playoff team. The Jazz have decent pieces, but D-Will has to carry them most nights. He didn't do so hot tonight and the rest of the team got shat on. Your Hornets will be decent because of their defense, but will Thornton continue to score enough for them to win? Without his production, this team will struggle offensively.

Stop fooling yourself!

BRHornet45
12-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Stop fooling yourself BR! The Jazz are a good team, but a 2nd tier team in the West. They're not in the level of the Lakers/Spurs/Mavs. They lost to the Heat on their home floor. Let's not get carried away. The Hornets were supposed to win this game if they're really a playoff team. The Jazz have decent pieces, but D-Will has to carry them most nights. He didn't do hot tonight and the rest of the team got shat on. Your Hornets will be decent because of their defense, but will Thornton continue to score enough for them to win? Without his production, this team will struggle offensively.

Stop fooling yourself!

son you are acting just like a nigga! ... you're acting just like a nigga mayne what's wrong with you???!!! ... all of these statements! let me guess your new favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys and your favorite baseball team is the New York Yankees???

icem
12-18-2010, 12:40 AM
no, the jazz are just overrated and are now falling down back to earth. two mediocre teams, someone has to win.

crc21209
12-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Nah. Being down 20 to a weak Kings team at home is a problem, even if you did come back and squeak out a win. Beating a weak road team like Utah at home isnt a great feat as well. If they were truly back to contender status they would've beaten the Heat the other night on the road...

Pelicans78
12-18-2010, 12:44 AM
son you are acting just like a nigga! ... you're acting just like a nigga mayne what's wrong with you???!!! ... all of these statements! let me guess your new favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys and your favorite baseball team is the New York Yankees???

Why would I root for a team like the Cowboys, when I have a hometown team who just won the Super Bowl? The Saints are committed to excellence. This team called the Hornets who just happen to play in NOLA is committed to debt and fraud. That worthless Geoge Shinn ruined this franchise just enough where a local billionaire couldn't buy the team due to massive debt owed to the league. Find me a local team committed to the Gulf Coast and you'll find me there.

Besides, if I was a Yankee or Cowboys fan, I would root for the Lakers, not the Mavs.

BRHornet45
12-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Nah. Being down 20 to a weak Kings team at home is a problem, even if you did come back and squeak out a win. Beating a weak road team like Utah at home isnt a great feat as well. If they were truly back to contender status they would've beaten the Heat the other night on the road...

but son what about dick whipping the Spurs on their home floor? that counts

Pelicans78
12-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Listen BR, if Monty continues to give Thornton consistent minutes, your Hornets will clearly be a playoff team. The defense is good enough to keep them in games. They just need Thornton's production off the bench to give them enough offense. That's how your team came back against the Kings. Monty woke up, brought in Thornton, and he took over that game. No team in the West is any better defensively than your Hornets.

BRHornet45
12-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Listen BR, if Monty continues to give Thornton consistent minutes, your Hornets will clearly be a playoff team. The defense is good enough to keep them in games. They just need Thornton's production off the bench to give them enough offense. That's how your team came back against the Kings. Monty woke up, brought in Thornton, and he took over that game. No team in the West is any better defensively than your Hornets.

well son he was just being interviewed on NBATV gametime so he is clearly a superstar now.

Pelicans78
12-18-2010, 12:52 AM
well son he was just being interviewed on NBATV gametime so he is clearly a superstar now.

Did you go to the game brah?

TE
12-18-2010, 12:53 AM

That honestly doesn't count due to the shallacking the Spurs gave the Hornets in THEIR own gym.

The Spurs win in NO cancels out the Hornets win in SA.

Kai
12-18-2010, 12:55 AM
I must have missed the first time they were contenders.

BRHornet45
12-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Did you go to the game brah?

yes

BRHornet45
12-18-2010, 01:08 AM
That honestly doesn't count due to the shallacking the Spurs gave the Hornets in THEIR own gym.

The Spurs win in NO cancels out the Hornets win in SA.

lol horse shit

Darth_Pelican
12-18-2010, 01:09 AM
sons could it be?

I want to believe it BR, and tonight's game sure is a step in the right direction.

Our next 5 games are against Detroit, Indiana, New Jersey, Atlanta, and Minnesota. If we want to truly be in "contender status" again, then we should win all 5 of these games (4-1 at the very worst). That would put us at 21-10 going into the Lakers game at home.

Indazone
12-18-2010, 01:11 AM
Hornets..good luck and all I can say is thanks for the sig pic Darth :)

Pelicans78
12-18-2010, 01:14 AM
I want to believe it BR, and tonight's game sure is a step in the right direction.

Our next 5 games are against Detroit, Indiana, New Jersey, Atlanta, and Minnesota. If we want to truly be in "contender status" again, then we should win all 5 of these games (4-1 at the very worst). That would put us at 21-10 going into the Lakers game at home.

Agree that a true contender should go at least 4-1 in this stretch. However, they're also capable of losing those games as well. Thornton is giving this team a much needed spark offensively and defensively. If he keeps it up, they will win those 5 games. Monty has no choice but to play him now. Still, look for Willie Green to sabotage Thornton by trying to take the majority of shots. He's an asshole.

crc21209
12-18-2010, 01:43 AM

:lol The 2nd game of the season? Riiiight. That was what? 10 losses ago for the Hornets...:lol

8FOR!3
12-18-2010, 01:47 AM
I just want to point out that I'm a Cowboys fan and a Texas Rangers fan, but I also like the Boston Red Sox. Does not liking the Yankees make me a rebel? I feel like such a bad ass imho tbh.

Hoops Czar
12-18-2010, 01:54 AM
N.O is no more of a contender than Utah is.

BRHornet45
12-18-2010, 02:08 AM
:lol The 2nd game of the season? Riiiight. That was what? 10 losses ago for the Hornets...:lol

son lol at you still being butthurt about that early season, vicious beat down the Hornets put on the Spurs. you can seek some help and closure by contacting below ...

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/19/butthurtc.jpg

TE
12-18-2010, 04:03 AM
lol horse shit

lol premature ejaculation

Zelophehad
12-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Agree that a true contender should go at least 4-1 in this stretch. However, they're also capable of losing those games as well. Thornton is giving this team a much needed spark offensively and defensively. If he keeps it up, they will win those 5 games. Monty has no choice but to play him now. Still, look for Willie Green to sabotage Thornton by trying to take the majority of shots. He's an asshole.

I was wondering what happened to Thornton, so Williams just benched him? Probably for taking a lot of shots and being mediocre on defense? Those are just his weaknesses, tbh they aren't going away but his strengths way overcome those.

Zelophehad
12-18-2010, 09:40 AM

I was wondering what happened to Thornton, so Williams just benched him? Probably for taking a lot of shots and being mediocre on defense? Those are just his weaknesses, tbh they aren't going away but his strengths way overcome those.

Indazone
12-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Hornets at this point should have figured out the team chemistry thing. Gelled and moved on to the business of winning.

Zelophehad
12-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Hornets at this point should have figured out the team chemistry thing. Gelled and moved on to the business of winning.

Great analysis.

it's me
12-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Lol

WeNeedLength
12-19-2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/44/umnoc.gif