PDA

View Full Version : AJ Haters Can Suck A D**k

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 09:58 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050510/capt.pna11105100444.mavericks_suns_pna111.jpg

His team went into the top seed's house on the night their coach was honored for being "coach of the year" and dropped them. This was particularly enjoyable in light of the expert opinions I read here on how AJ's coaching career was over due to that Game 1 loss. Spurs fans are going to rue the day Avery Johnson became head coach of the Mavs. No longer can Don Nelson be counted on to limit their potential. Cuban's a nut but he's not afraid to mix up the formula and spend the $$$ to make it happen. Sooner or later some of you internet pontificators will learn that leadership does matter win it comes to winning a championship and unfortunately AJ is providing another franchise with that. F you all.

samikeyp
05-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Spurs fans are going to rue the day Avery Johnson became head coach of the Mavs.

I never bashed AJ as a coach but as long as #21, #9 and #20 are in the lineup....I like the Spurs chances.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Dude Dallas was expected to get past the 1st round. He hasn't proven anything yet.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:03 AM
Right, the Spurs are the only franchise with any talent.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Dude Dallas was expected to get past the 1st round. He hasn't proven anything yet.

Dude they weren't and dude they weren't expected to respond as they did last night.

samikeyp
No but I don't think Spurs fans "will rue the day" or anything.

samikeyp
actually Dallas was favored in that series against Houston and should not have let it get to 7 games.

picnroll
05-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Not AJ's. You're already attached to it.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Dude they weren't and dude they weren't expected to respond as they did last night.

actually Dallas was favored in that series against Houston and should not have let it get to 7 games.

GOTCHA!

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:07 AM

Right, 1 point favorites due to homecourt. It was a virtual tossup.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:08 AM
GOTCHA!

Got what? Man fuck you having to rely on someone else to take me on.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 10:09 AM
My nuts can take on you biatch :lol

tekdragon
05-12-2005, 10:09 AM
"rue the day"?

I'm going to go ahead and stick with Pop. Enjoy AJ's last win of the year.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Yeah, no doubt you like taking on men with your nuts.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:10 AM
"rue the day"?

I'm going to go ahead and stick with Pop. Enjoy AJ's last win of the year.

Ha. Some future exec you are.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 10:11 AM
Yeah, no doubt you like taking on men with your nuts.
:lol Nice comeback! :lol

picnroll
05-12-2005, 10:13 AM
From all the sideline shots it looked like Del Harris was doing most of the coaching. I can't imagine Pop going into a game one as ill prepared as the Mavs were in game one against the Suns. Or making such poor in game adjustments.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:14 AM
So Del gets the credit for Game 2 but AJ gets the blame for Game 1. Go figure.

samikeyp
05-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Right, 1 point favorites due to homecourt. It was a virtual tossup.

one point or 10 points....a favorite is a favorite. So what I said was true....Dallas was favored.

samikeyp
05-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Del did what any good assistant would do. I am sure PJ has gotten on some players cases as well.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:18 AM
one point or 10 points....a favorite is a favorite. So what I said was true....Dallas was favored.

We saw how much homecourt meant in that series. It was a tossup. Stop pretending that they were heavily favored in that series.

samikeyp
05-12-2005, 10:19 AM
I never said they were heavily favored. I said they were favored. Stop making up lies. If you can show me where I posted that...I would like to see it.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Del did what any good assistant would do. I am sure PJ has gotten on some players cases as well.

Well fuck Pop all he did is rely on his assistants and 6 years of getting to coach two superstar bigs to build his rep.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:20 AM
I never said they were heavily favored. I said they were favored. Stop making up lies.

Well that is the implication of your assertion. If not then it wasn't taken for granted at the start of the series that Dallas would prevail.

samikeyp
05-12-2005, 10:20 AM
more lies. Why?

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:21 AM
more lies. Why?

"Lies"? Fuck man actually try to think for once.

samikeyp
05-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Well that is the implication of your assertion. If not then it wasn't taken for granted at the start of the series that Dallas would prevail.

no that is your interpretation of my post. All I said was Dallas was favored. You ASSUMED I thought it they were heavily favored.

samikeyp
05-12-2005, 10:22 AM
yes lies. You are saying that I said something when in fact I didn't...that is a lie.

SPARKY
Ha. Your claim is that it was expected that Dallas would prevail. If it was so, then they should've been heavy favorites. If that is not so, then that 'favored' status didn't fucking matter.

Ed Helicopter Jones
I forgot Spursfan loved AJ so much.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:23 AM
yes lies. You are saying that I said something when in fact I didn't...that is a lie.

It's not a lie to point out the implications of what you wrote.

samikeyp
05-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Ha. Your claim is that it was expected that Dallas would prevail. If it was so, then they should've been heavy favorites.

again...show me where I said that they were heavy favorites. Even if someone is favored by a point...they are still "expected" to win.

samikeyp
05-12-2005, 10:25 AM
It's not a lie to point out the implications of what you wrote.

You mean, your interpretation.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Dude my point was that if Dallas didn't make it out of the 1st round no matter who they played, it would have been a total failure and AJ would have been ran out of town. Now if they get past this 2nd round, then he could be considered a good coach.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:28 AM
This is what you wrote:

Dallas was not a heavy favorite in that series. Again, the only way they could've been considered 'favorites' is owing to them holding home court. Standard practice in the NBA, go with the home team as a slight favorite when you have two evenly matched teams facing off.

The Mavs were not considered a lock to win that series. So you have no point.

samikeyp
05-12-2005, 10:28 AM
I think its way to early to see if Avery is a good coach or not...let him have at least a season or two.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Dude my point was that if Dallas didn't make it out of the 1st round no matter who they played, it would have been a total failure and AJ would have been ran out of town. Now if they get past this 2nd round, then he could be considered a good coach.

Dude your point was that Dallas was expected to win that series by non-Mavs fans.

samikeyp
05-12-2005, 10:30 AM
I never said they were a lock. I agree that they weren't. My only point was that Dallas was the favorite in that series.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:32 AM
I never said they were a lock. My only point was that Dallas was the favorite in that series.

Ha. Fuck man think for once. What is the implication? If it's not that they could've been considered a heavy favorite then perhaps, just perhaps, AJ did a good job in that series.

But I know, thinking hurts too much.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Dude your point was that Dallas was expected to win that series by non-Mavs fans.

:lol you're funny, you make up other people's responses. I give up w/this thread have fun.

samikeyp
05-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Why the insults? A favorite is who someone thinks will win. There is no guarantee. Also, I never knocked the job AJ did in that series. In fact during the season I praised him for teaching Dallas some measure of defense. Going back to the original post..I don't think Spurs fans will be sorry that AJ is coaching Dallas and as long as they are not playing the Spurs, I hope he does well.

Obstructed_View
AJ is gay and he can't coach. Del Harris is leading the team and AJ is just a cheerleader. He'll be exposed for the rotten overpaid sham that he is soon enough.

Clandestino

dallas was picked to win round 1...

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:35 AM
AJ is gay and he can't coach. Del Harris is leading the team and AJ is just a cheerleader. He'll be exposed for the rotten overpaid sham that he is soon enough.

Now that's a convincing argument.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:36 AM
dallas was picked to win round 1...

...by?

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:37 AM
:lol you're funny, you make up other people's responses. I give up w/this thread have fun.

I didn't make up anything. You said Mavs fans would've been pissed if they had lost that series. Fuck man fans are pissed whenever their team loses. Big fucking deal.

mouse
05-12-2005, 10:39 AM
http://www.dogma-movie.com/pics/images/christ.gif

http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=004625

Obstructed_View
05-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Now that's a convincing argument.
...as was "AJ haters can suck a dick". I thought that was the sort of discussion you wanted to have.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 10:43 AM
...as was "AJ haters can suck a dick". I thought that was the sort of discussion you wanted to have.

I didn't offer that as part of my argument, unlike yourself.

T Park
05-12-2005, 10:48 AM
spursfan and whottt can have the most inane, stupid arguements in the history of man.

Aj WILL be a great coach SOMEDAY, right now, it is debateable.

Whys hould we "rue" the day he took over???

He was offered to come back here, and the bastard turned it down.

MadDog73
05-12-2005, 10:56 AM
To all AJ dicksuckers:

Please stop being a Spurs fan now, and jump on the Mavs Bandwagon.

Then we'll talk.

Thanks in advance!

picnroll
05-12-2005, 11:01 AM
More wisdom from SPARKY:

This is precisely what happens when you make midseason trades based on saving the ownership some coin rather than on what is in the best interest of the team when it comes to playing the fucking game. Again, I'd like to reiterate a hearty fuck you to all of you dumbfucks who liked that trade because Nazr Mohammed is a couple inches taller than Malik Rose.

Lest we forget that the Spurs gave up two 1st round picks in that deal.

But it saved Holt Cat $ so that means it was good.

Fuck you.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 11:03 AM
spursfan and whottt can have the most inane, stupid arguements in the history of man.

Note to TPark: before you aspire to address me learn how to spell.

He was offered to come back here, and the bastard turned it down.

Yeah AJ, come back to San Antonio (home of cheap fucks) for the minimum.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 11:04 AM
More wisdom from SPARKY:

That was a piss poor trade. Unfortunately it's not hard for a NBA big to look impressive when his benchmark is a Slovene.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 11:05 AM
To MadDog73:

Fuck you.

jalbre6
http://adamsandler.jt.org/andrea/waterboy/note.jpg

ducks
to bad dallas already let rockets beat them on their home court 2 out of three times
and suns have one fo the best road records
and dallas can not play any better then they did last night and they won by 2 little points

dampier and finley will not go off like that again

ps sparky you can be a traitor like mouse and jump on the mavs bandwagon if you want to

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 11:07 AM
uh oh duck quack he did

mouse
05-12-2005, 11:08 AM
What was Pop and phil jackson before they got rings?

where they not coaches yet? why should a ring make you a coach?

There are many good coaches out there that would love to still be in the playoffs. For AJ to be in the second round of the playoffs in only his first year as a Head Coach? Is more than many coaches with rings can say about their first year as a coach. AJ made the winning basket to give the San Antonio Spurs their first NBA Championship Ring, in 25 years, and this is how you show your love for the little general?

You people make me sick......

ducks
05-12-2005, 11:09 AM
aj is still on his honeymoon with the mavs
just wait tell the mavs have a full year with him
just like the nuggets have a full year with karl

ducks
05-12-2005, 11:10 AM
What was Pop and phil jackson before they got rings?

where they not coaches yet? why should a ring make you a coach?

There are many good coaches out there that would love to still be in the playoffs. For AJ to be in the second round of the playoffs in only his first year as a Head Coach? Is more than many coaches with rings can say about their first year as a coach. AJ made the winning basket to give the San Antonio Spurs their first NBA Championship Ring, in 25 years, and this is how you show your love for the little general?

You people make me sick......

dude aj has not even coached a full year

he took over half way thru it
get your facts straight :lol

mouse
05-12-2005, 11:16 AM
dallas can not play any better then they did last night and they won by 2 little points

Funny when the Spurs beat Dallas by two points you all say "a win is a win no mater how much it is" And you tell Mav fans to stop whining and to take our loss like a man, But let the Mavs beat the Spurs by two points and you pull out the "2 little points" card? how lame is that?
you guys flip flop worst than John Kerry

dampier and finley will not go off like that again

are you willing to put some cash on that comment?

ps sparky you can be a traitor like mouse and jump on the mavs bandwagon if you want to

When did I everrrrrrrr say I jumped off the Spurs wagon?

I Dove off the mother focker.......

mouse
05-12-2005, 11:20 AM
dude aj has not even coached a full year

he took over half way thru it
get your facts straight :lol

Are you saying Pop ,Phill ,Larry Brown, and Larry Bird, all went to the 2nd round of the playoffs in thier first year as a coach?

I think you need to pull your Daffy Duck ass kissing Bill out of your water tight weather beaten ass, :lmao

whottt
05-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Nazr Mohammed now has as many playoff 3 pointers as Avery Johnson had in his entire career.

Beno Udrih has more as a back up PG...

Malik Rose has as many.

Keep talking shit about Rasho...he'll probably finish with more as well.

Que AJ fans being incredibly stupid and acting like AJ's laziness in developing the ability to hit wide the many wide fucking open shots he got, didn't hurt the Spurs or make things more difficult for the Spurs interior players...

I guess that would be forgivable..if not for the fact that he consistently got fucking worked by the man he was guarding...

timvp
05-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Nazr Mohammed now has as many playoff 3 pointers as Avery Johnson had in his entire career.

Beno Udrih has more as a back up PG...

Malik Rose has as many.

Keep talking shit about Rasho...he'll probably finish with more as well.

Yeah because basketball is all about three-pointers.

No wonder you have man love for Brent Barry and Shane Heal.

picnroll
05-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Avery's not the Little General. He's the Little Martinet. Right down to his new Armani suits and patent leather shoes. Typical AJ, when Dirk and Dampier were having their little public tif AJ in interview said "I'll take care of that". I'm the man, I'm in charge, I'll scold these guys. And Pop? Publically he would have said something funny, disarming, defused the situation a bit and not implied he'd be scolding his children. Then privately Pop would ream them a new one. Ultimately Avery's ego needs will end up POing his players.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Avery's not the Little General. He's the Little Martinet. Right down to his new Armani suits and patent leather shoes. Typical AJ, when Dirk and Dampier were having their little public tif AJ in interview said "I'll take care of that". I'm the man, I'm in charge, I'll scold these guys. And Pop? Publically he would have said something funny, disarming, defused the situation a bit and not implied he'd be scolding his children. Ultimately Avery's ego will end up POing his players.

...and yet Gregg Popovich is a great coach because he's had the ability to fill out a lineup card with "Tim Duncan" listed on it.

whottt
05-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Yeah because basketball is all about three-pointers.

No wonder you have man love for Brent Barry and Shane Heal.

I am going to remember you said that the next time you rip Brent Barry after a bad shooting night...

Hell...I am going to remember it the next time you rip Hedo..

Wake me up when Brent or Shane let an opposing PG shoot 70% from 3 at high volume for an entire series...

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Ah yes, playoff perfomer Brent Barry. Give me a fucking break.

whottt
05-12-2005, 11:36 AM
...and yet Gregg Popovich is a great coach because he's had the ability to fill out a lineup card with "Tim Duncan" listed on it.

TPark whine in

whottt
05-12-2005, 11:38 AM
It AJ was ever asked to defend Ray Allen he'd have shot about 1,000,000,000% against us...

mouse
05-12-2005, 11:40 AM
TPark whine in

^RACK^

Now replace Whine with Swine ,and you have T park :lmao

Jimcs50
05-12-2005, 11:41 AM
It AJ was ever asked to defend Ray Allen he'd have shot about 1,000,000,000% against us...

What idiot coach would even put a 5'11" ft pointguard on one of the offensive 2 guards in the league???

I seem to remember AJ playing Payton pretty well in his day.

whottt
05-12-2005, 11:46 AM
I seem to remember AJ playing Payton pretty well in his day.

Not in the playoffs you don't....

You remember him getting owned by Stockton, Fisher, and Cassell....badly. You also remember Robinson and Duncan getting gang raped in the post while he was encouraged to shoot and wouldn't and couldn't.

Keep pretending it didn't happen...all because AJ sounds funny when he talks...

timvp
05-12-2005, 11:57 AM
AJ dominated the best three point guards ever assembled on one team. He made Kevin Johnson, Jason Kidd and Steve Nash his collective b!tch.

But Whottt ignores this and goes back to calculating how many threes AJ hit per game.

MadDog73
05-12-2005, 12:03 PM
To MadDog73:

Fuck you.

Oh, you're finished? Well, allow me to retort.

AJ may become the greatest coach in NBA history. That does not mean Spurs fans can't talk smack about him. Hell, we've been talking smack about Phil Jackson for years, arguably the greatest coach alive.

The fact that AJ was a past Spur doesn't matter. I don't root for the Knicks because Malik is with them. I don't root for the Sonics because of Antonio Daniels.

When the Spurs face the Mavs, I'll be cheering on the Champion Spurs.

You can root for whoever you like.

picnroll
05-12-2005, 12:04 PM
AJ dominated the best three point guards ever assembled on one team. He made Kevin Johnson, Jason Kidd and Steve Nash his collective b!tch.
Which year did I miss AJ making the all-stars?

timvp
05-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Which year did I miss AJ making the all-stars?

Playoffs > All-Stars

MadDog73
05-12-2005, 12:15 PM
So, AJ being a great player means he'll be a better coach?

Sorry, but that doesn't mean shit.

AJ has won one close game against the Suns, and taken a Choker Rockets team to 7.
He hasn't proved anything yet. I don't fear him. Does Pop or Tim fear him? Why should they? Neither the Suns or the Mavs have an answer for Tony, Tim and Manu. Until that changes, the Spurs are the favorites to win the West.

That said, it WILL be Mavs versus Spurs. AJ will beat Suns, and will probably move on to being a great coach. I wish all the success for him... except when he faces the Spurs.

And that's what pisses me off. It's fine to honor past players who've done great things for you, but to start shit like saying the Spurs will "rue the day" he became a coach for the Mavs?

That's when you've crossed the line from honoring a past player to being a bandwagon fan.

You don't have to hate AJ to be a Spurs fan, but you can't be saying shit like AJ > Pop and be a Spurs fan. No way.

2centsworth
05-12-2005, 12:21 PM
To all you AJ haters, may you rot in hell.

Hope AJ beats Phoenix and then gets swept by the spurs. That's a perfect scenario.

Duff McCartney
05-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Fuck Avery Johnson, and fuck the Mavs.

Duff McCartney
05-12-2005, 12:23 PM

And AJ is a great coach because he has an owner who will shell out 44755 million dollars to every tom, dick and harry in the league.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 12:23 PM
This is precisely what happens when you make midseason trades based on saving the ownership some coin rather than on what is in the best interest of the team when it comes to playing the fucking game. Again, I'd like to reiterate a hearty fuck you to all of you dumbfucks who liked that trade because Nazr Mohammed is a couple inches taller than Malik Rose.

Lest we forget that the Spurs gave up two 1st round picks in that deal.

But it saved Holt Cat $ so that means it was good.

Fuck you.

Spursfan won't own up in the Nazr thread, so he chooses the AJ thread to bitch about this trade.

The Spurs didn't make this trade to save money. They said that to not piss off the Malik Rose lovers like you.

Everyone in the league however (and those of us here on this site with a brain) see it for what it really was: an opportunity to significantly upgrade our inside talent, depth, defense, and rebounding at the expense of a marginal role player.

Have a nice day.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:25 PM
I will post where I want.

The Spurs made that trade to cut long term salary. Pretty fucking obvious. Hopefully giving up those picks won't come back to haunt the team.

How you manage to post with Holt Cat's nuts on your chin I don't know, but I will say this: making excuses for teams that make trades based on financial concerns is the ultimate province of a "homer", "mayberry" or whatever. And you and T Park are examples A1 and A2.

baseline bum
05-12-2005, 12:26 PM
From all the sideline shots it looked like Del Harris was doing most of the coaching. I can't imagine Pop going into a game one as ill prepared as the Mavs were in game one against the Suns. Or making such poor in game adjustments.

Like when he rested the 2001 team instead of preparing for the Lakers? Kobe stuck 45 on our d that day.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:31 PM
And AJ is a great coach because he has an owner who will shell out 44755 million dollars to every tom, dick and harry in the league.

Worked for the Knicks and Blazers, hasn't it?

jalbre6
05-12-2005, 12:34 PM
I've never understood the AJ fixation. He came and went from SA three different times, including being cut on Christmas Eve...what makes you think he had any loyalty to this organization? The organization evidently didn't feel very loyal to him. They washed their hands of each other.

Those that are AJ homers should be happy that he's gotten a head coaching job so quickly...just a little over nine months after retiring as a player. If he was a coach in SA, he'd be the third guy down the sideline. Sure, he coaches a division rival that he only played 60 or so games for and was basically gift-wrapped a decent playoff-caliber team, with Del Harris teaching him the ropes.

I don't think he's going to be able to get by Phoenix, and that has nothing to do with his coaching ability. Unless another PHX starter cracks an orbital socket, the Suns should advance.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:39 PM
AJ had to provide the leadership and the fire, competitiveness, or whatever you wish to call it that David Robinson was unable to bring. That first championship banner hangs as a rather direct result of that leadership.

whottt
05-12-2005, 12:39 PM
uh...if I was an AJ fan, the last thing I would ever mention is the 00-01 season. I'd do everything in my power to eradicate that dirty little season from peoples memories...that's the season where AJ showed what he really and truly is...

Elliott on one kidney giving up 45 to Kobe is one thing...AJ making D Fish look like Jordan is another thing entirely...expecially after whining and turning cancerous about a lack of PT and his spot on the team...and the fact that he took the money and ran, then capped off his career by talking shit about being "the man", as he was busted down to 3rd string on a lottery team and passed around the NBA like a 50 cent whore...come to think of it...that season was like every other year of his career not spent in a Spurs uniform...

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:41 PM
David Robinson whined about his role and money in San Antonio in the summer of 2001. Fuck, if DRob had 25% of the competitiveness and leadership ability that DRob did we wouldn't have had to wait forever for the Spurs to win their first title.

Duff McCartney
05-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Elliott on one kidney giving up 45 to Kobe is one thing...AJ making D Fish look like Jordan is another thing entirely...expecially after whining and turning cancerous about a lack of PT and his spot on the team...and the fact that he took the money and ran, talked shit about being "the man" as he was busted down to 3rd string on a lottery team and passed around the NBA like a 50 cent whore...

Classic.

Duff McCartney
05-12-2005, 12:42 PM
David Robinson whined about his role and money in San Antonio in the summer of 2001.

David Robinson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AJ

whottt
David Robinson>AJ...

And I seriously question the basketball acumen of anyone that says otherwise.

Slo spurs fan
That was a piss poor trade. Unfortunately it's not hard for a NBA big to look impressive when his benchmark is a Slovene.

You can suck my impressive hard Slovene dick (which become a trademark as well).

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Yeah no shit Duff.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:44 PM
You can suck my impressive hard Slovene dick (which become a trademark as well).

Thanks for letting the forum know that you are posting with an erection.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:45 PM
David Robinson>AJ...

And I seriously question the basketball acumen of anyone that says otherwise.

Problem for you would be that no one said that.

Even the saintly David Robinson managed to engage in such behavior.

whottt
AHF...I am giving you fair warning that you need to ratchet down the Malik Rose hate or I am going to have to point out that Nazr fucks up a lot still, is still a defensive liability, and isn't doing near enough for you to go around crowing like you have proved something...I don't really want to trash Nazr...but if you don't layoff of Malik, reality is going to come knocking on your door and your own past words will be used against you.

Slo spurs fan
Thanks for letting the forum know that you are posting with an erection.

You are welcome! :D

jalbre6
05-12-2005, 12:47 PM
AJ had to provide the leadership and the fire, competitiveness, or whatever you wish to call it that David Robinson was unable to bring. That first championship banner hangs as a rather direct result of that leadership.

And now he coaches a rival. Would it please you in the unlikely event of the Mavs advancing past both the Suns and the Spurs?

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:47 PM
And now he coaches a rival.

Hence the angst.

Would it please you in the unlikely event of the Mavs advancing past both the Suns and the Spurs?

Just the Suns.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 12:48 PM
The Spurs made that trade to cut long term salary. Pretty fucking obvious. Hopefully giving up those picks won't come back to haunt the team.

How you manage to post with Holt Cat's nuts on your chin I don't know, but I will say this: making excuses for teams that make trades based on financial concerns is the ultimate province of a "homer", "mayberry" or whatever. And you and T Park are examples A1 and A2.

So Marcus, do you think we downgraded the depth of our front line with Nazr. Just want to see you clarify your position.

Nazr is averaging 7 points, 9 boards, and 1.3 blocks per game so far in the playoffs.

Malik's career playoff averages: 6 points, 4 boards, .3 blocks per game.

Good fucking call there Marcus.

Duff McCartney
05-12-2005, 12:48 PM
And now he coaches a rival. Would it please you in the unlikely event of the Mavs advancing past both the Suns and the Spurs?

I'm sure it would. He'd probably cheer if AJ got past the Spurs.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Give me those stats with Malik getting starter's minutes.

Until then, shut the fuck up.

jalbre6
05-12-2005, 12:51 PM
One should never forget their past (i.e. DRob, AJ, Malik, etc) but to live in it is even worse.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 12:52 PM
You shut the fuck up.

If Malik was as great as you say he was, wouldn't he get starter's minutes anyway?

I mean, Manu comes off the bench and he gets 30 minutes per. What is it you said about Barry earlier this year? Oh yeah - "if he deserves the PT, he'll get it."

Heed your own fucking advice, although I know it's hard to think when you're constantly switching between having the dicks of Malik and Avery in your mouth.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Ah yes, we can't be critical of the team. Same old Spurs fans.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:53 PM
If Malik was as great as you say he was, wouldn't he get starter's minutes anyway?

I mean, Manu comes off the bench...

What a gem.

:spin

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 12:55 PM
By the way, Nazr is only getting 9 more minutes a game than Rose got. Do you really think he would have found a way to get 5 more rebounds in half the time it took him to get the four he averaged?

Same for blocks, in 9 minutes Malik is going to boost his average by a whole block per game when it took him 18 minutes per game to come up with .32 blocks per?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 12:55 PM
The only gem is you living in the '99 season with your man crush on Rose when we're talking about 2005 and beyond.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:58 PM
By the way, Nazr is only getting 9 more minutes a game than Rose got. Do you really think he would have found a way to get 5 more rebounds in half the time it took him to get the four he averaged?

Same for blocks, in 9 minutes Malik is going to boost his average by a whole block per game when it took him 18 minutes per game to come up with .32 blocks per?

Fuck man Shawn Bradley always has great block stats. What a great defender is he!

:spin

I also like how you pretend that Malik never showed up in the postseason. It's understandable that Nazr's play when compared to Radosoft's would excite you, but get a clue.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:59 PM
The only gem is you living in the '99 season with your man crush on Rose when we're talking about 2005 and beyond.

You brought up the past, dumbfuck.

MadDog73
05-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Ah yes, we can't be critical of the team. Same old Spurs fans.

Sounds like unless AJ was coaching a Spurs team with Malik Rose and Antonio Daniels as starters, you'd be critical. :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 01:01 PM
The funny thing is you compare Nazr with Rasho. But you know what? Compared to Malik, Rasho was a beast defensively.

I brought up the past because it's pretty damn obvious that's where you're living.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Funny how Rasho, the great defensive monster, often saw his game end at the end of the 3rd quarter.

I've never understood your Rasho worship. I mean it's pretty amusing how you are on Nazr's jock now considering how much you pimped that worthless piece of shit Rasho for so long.

Remember when you wanted Pop to make him a focal point of the offense? What the fuck, man?

Guru of Nothing
05-12-2005, 01:06 PM
http://compsoc.ucc.ie/compsoc_gallery/1999_2000/yawn.jpg

leemajors
05-12-2005, 01:27 PM
sparky why do you bother to have your team as the spurs on this forum? you are obviously a mavs fan... and i think just about anyone could get out of the first round of the nba playoffs with dallas' roster, especially with homecourt in the first round. he didn't turn a bad team around, he held the rudder and course.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 01:55 PM
http://compsoc.ucc.ie/compsoc_gallery/1999_2000/yawn.jpg

:lmao

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 01:59 PM
sparky why do you bother to have your team as the spurs on this forum? you are obviously a mavs fan... and i think just about anyone could get out of the first round of the nba playoffs with dallas' roster, especially with homecourt in the first round. he didn't turn a bad team around, he held the rudder and course.

Ah yes, you aren't a Spurs fan if you say anything good about another team, player, or coach.

Small Town, USA.

MadDog73
05-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Ah yes, you aren't a Spurs fan if you say anything good about another team, player, or coach.

Small Town, USA.

Like ANY fan of ANY city feels differently when someone who claims he's a fan starts talking smack.

Sparky, it's not that we can't take criticism. It's just that it makes no sense to say AJ is > Pop... who would you rather have coaching the Spurs?!?

Willinsa
05-12-2005, 02:28 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050510/capt.pna11105100444.mavericks_suns_pna111.jpg

His team went into the top seed's house on the night their coach was honored for being "coach of the year" and dropped them. This was particularly enjoyable in light of the expert opinions I read here on how AJ's coaching career was over due to that Game 1 loss. Spurs fans are going to rue the day Avery Johnson became head coach of the Mavs. No longer can Don Nelson be counted on to limit their potential. Cuban's a nut but he's not afraid to mix up the formula and spend the $$$ to make it happen. Sooner or later some of you internet pontificators will learn that leadership does matter win it comes to winning a championship and unfortunately AJ is providing another franchise with that. F you all.

LET GO OF THE PAST, AVERY IS GONE. IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON, AVERY WAS AN AVERAGE POINT GUARD WHO WOULD HAVE NEVER PLAYED ON ANY CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM (BUT OURS). I THINK IF WE RETIRE HIS JERSEY IT WILL BE A JOKE.

SO PLEASE :stfu ABOUT AVERY.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Fuck all of you ingrates.

Willinsa
05-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Fuck all of you ingrates.

Are you gay?? you have a sick crush on a sucky point guard who is retired.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 03:21 PM
no kiddin... I bet he has his room wallpapered w/AJ's pictures

ducks
05-12-2005, 03:24 PM
to bad aj got his only ring with the spurs

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Are you gay??

No. You should ask TPark to help you with that.

Shelly
AJ Haters Can Suck A D**k

Is saying 'duck' a bad word???

SPARKY
Spurs fans continue to prove my point.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Is saying 'duck' a bad word???

:lol Sweet!

I guess Spursfan's finals didn't go too well. . .or a dog bit his leg. . .or he drank one of those bitter, imported beers.

CajunMan
05-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Spurs fans continue to prove my point.

complete transformazchion.

ghostwriter emulation.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-12-2005, 03:43 PM
complete transformazchion.

ghostwriter emulation.

:lmao

Willinsa
05-12-2005, 06:40 PM
I don't know many Spurs fans who love a short crappy point guard who NO LONGER plays with the Spurs or the NBA. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Well let's see Sparky/Spursfan/Marcus/etc.

On Rasho's defense: Even Pop says he is the Spurs best post defender. You seem to think Pop is a God, so take it FWIW.

Yeah I pimp Nazr now. He is leaps and bounds better than your six foot four boy wonder.

JustSpurs
05-12-2005, 07:11 PM
AJ haters can suck your what???? Why would I hate Allan Jackson?

milkyway21
05-12-2005, 08:20 PM
WHAT IS THIS?
:huh :huh :huh

SPURS FANS ARGUING HOW GREAT A MAVERICK COACH AJ IS?

WOW:wow

I HATE AVERY JOHNSON EVEN MORE.:cuss

Jimcs50
05-12-2005, 08:24 PM
I like the sound of that.

AJ haters suck a dick...yes, haters, go suck a big fat dick, til you get TMJ and I have to make you a nightguard.

:)

Duff McCartney
05-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Suck a duck?

Obstructed_View
05-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Suck a duck?
I thought it was "Suck a Dirk". Note The Capital D.

milkyway21
05-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Well let's see Sparky/Spursfan/Marcus/etc.

On Rasho's defense: Even Pop says he is the Spurs best post defender. You seem to think Pop is a God, so take it FWIW.

Yeah I pimp Nazr now. He is leaps and bounds better than your six foot four boy wonder.
:lol

let's just forget AJ for the time being, okay?

and remember THIS ONE-TIME KERR-IFIC MOMENT!
http://nba.com/media/spurs/poflashback_kerr030529a.jpg
MAY 29, 2003 DALLAS, TEXAS
In a fourth quarter for the ages, the San Antonio Spurs got their biggest boost from the aging Steve Kerr. The 37-year-old Kerr nailed three three-pointers as the Spurs scored 23 straight points in the fourth quarter to defeat the Dallas Mavericks, 90-78, and advance to the NBA Finals for the first time since 1999.