PDA

View Full Version : Who do we want Mavs fans?

Findog
04-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Looks like it's gonna be the Spurs or the Blazers. Give me Portland after the way we bullied dem niggas last night and the way they wet their pants over the refs. Their entire offense is built around midrange jumpshots, whereas Manu is playing vintage 2005 Manu style right now and Duncan is a good low-post presence.

badfish22
04-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Neither of them scare me tbh.

timvpimp
04-10-2010, 11:48 PM
You know the matches won't be easy to deal with if you take on a team there that you were 1-3 against in the regular season.

timvpimp
04-10-2010, 11:50 PM
if you aspire to rebut my viewpoint with the dated paradox that regular season isn't equal to playoffs, check the 06-07 season first.

Amarelooms
04-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Spurs are the easiest matchup....Portland has people who can give Dirk trouble. Marion can check Manu...Mavs have more size than em, Terry will go off as usual and Dirk will be solid. Mavs win in 5....6 max

:elephant

badfish22
04-10-2010, 11:51 PM
It looked like Fridays game planted the seeds to a bit of a rivalry with Portland. It would probably be a pretty intense series if the Mavs were to face them. Also, the Mavs don't match up as well with Portland as they do the Spurs.
But on the other hand, the Spurs have more overall talent.

If I had to pick, give me SA. But I think we would beat either of them.

D-Wade #3
04-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Bully dem Niggaz

Amarelooms
04-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Bully dem Niggaz

lol at D-whistle :elephant

Ghazi
04-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Thunder are still in the mix , likely as a possible 3/6 matchup... and that would be the most desirable opponent of the 3 personally for me.

Then the Blazers, then the Spurs.

Ghazi
04-11-2010, 12:02 AM
If Mavs beat Clippers on Monday and Warriors were to somehow beat the Jazz on Tuesday, Mavs would have clinched the 2 seed before the Wednesday game.

Rest or play then?! :)

timvpimp
04-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Looks like it's gonna be the Spurs or the Blazers. Give me Portland after the way we bullied dem niggas last night and the way they wet their pants over the refs. Their entire offense is built around midrange jumpshots, whereas Manu is playing vintage 2005 Manu style right now and Duncan is a good low-post presence.
just because you beat them in one fluky game last night it doesn't mean the Mavs will continue their good form till the series is won, however, what's more likely to happen is Mavs winning the first two games and starting to rest their asses as they did in 07. Blazers were meekly curbstomped by Rockets last season but they have changed a lot with the impact brought by Andrew Miller, which is exactly as influential as what Billups has done for Denver I say. You would be nuts if you scope at the Blazers through the old glasses of season, and you know how hard the Mavs were hammered by Miller himself in the previous matches this season between the two teams, Findawg.

Amarelooms
04-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Marion, never guards Manu well at all. Marion would guard Manu a lot during the Suns series and Manu would still get his points.

This matchup is going to be a toss up. Either team can take out the other in a 7 game series.

lol at this clown....well if that's the case then the Spurs should want to play the Mavs....hopefully we can see that come to fruition

badfish22
04-11-2010, 12:17 AM
This matchup is going to be a toss up.

I wouldn't say that.

mavsfan1000
04-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Blazers since Manu has got his confidence back. Spurs have much more experience than the Blazers.

monosylab1k
04-11-2010, 12:24 AM
I still say Mavs lose either matchup.

Ghazi
04-11-2010, 12:29 AM
just because you beat them in one fluky game last night it doesn't mean the Mavs will continue their good form till the series is won, however, what's more likely to happen is Mavs winning the first two games and starting to rest their asses as they did in 07. Blazers were meekly curbstomped by Rockets last season but they have changed a lot with the impact brought by Andrew Miller, which is exactly as influential as what Billups has done for Denver I say. You would be nuts if you scope at the Blazers through the old glasses of season, and you know how hard the Mavs were hammered by Miller himself in the previous matches this season between the two teams, Findawg.

Andre Miller had 2 bad games, 1 amazing (but fluke) game, and 1 good game against the Mavs this year.

He's not the exact type of PG that gives the Mavs fits.

ezau
04-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Marion can check Manu

:lmao:lmao

timvpimp
04-11-2010, 12:47 AM
:tu

Blazers owned the Mavs the shit out of their craws in 3 of the total 4 games they played against the Mavs so the reasonable prediction should be Mavs losing the series if they take on blazers for the 1st round, Spurs used to be allergic of Mavs but they're now enjoying the best forms these days and genuinely you can't expect a series to be any easier against such a team than one against the Blazers.

dirk4mvp
04-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Spurs.

Beating the Blazers only allows us to talk shit to tlong. Taking a shit on the Spurs allows us to make fat beaner jokes, imho.

mavsfan1000
04-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Spurs.

Beating the Blazers only allows us to talk shit to tlong. Taking a shit on the Spurs allows us to make fat beaner jokes, imho.
I prefer the we own the spurs though. If they beat us, the fun is gone.

timvpimp
04-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Spurs.

is it you in your avatar? i remember you once used another pic of the same guy as your avatar IIRC. I'm not meaning the blurry Brad Pitt avatar that you once used, of course.

dirk4mvp
04-11-2010, 12:55 AM
is it you in your avatar? i remember you once used another pic of the same guy as your avatar IIRC.

Yep, it's me tbh.

nkdlunch
04-11-2010, 12:58 AM
why r mavfans so insecure?? I thought you owned the SPurs in the playoffs?

mavsfan1000
04-11-2010, 01:02 AM
We got hot for sure in the past. Not sure if we can get hot again on this spurs team. Both teams are different. Harris on Parker will be missed. I think we'll win but it's on how well Marion guards Manu.

timvpimp
04-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Yep, it's me tbh.
You look much younger than a 42-year-old that you once claimed to be tbh, or the pic was taken two decades ago? :rolleyes

DJB
04-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Marion can check Manu

:lmao

badfish22
04-11-2010, 01:05 AM

some mavfans are just being pussies. Mavs would own the Spurs yet again in the playoffs, if they were to meet.

dirk4mvp
04-11-2010, 01:06 AM
You look much younger than a 42-year-old that you once claimed to be tbh, or the pic was taken two decades ago? :rolleyes

What are you talking about, scrah? The pic was just taken last week, imho.

ElNono
04-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Marion can check Manu...

ugU5cXWVZjo

badfish22
04-11-2010, 01:08 AM
:lmao at spurfan having a stroke over something amarelooms said.

timvpimp
04-11-2010, 01:11 AM
What are you talking about, scrah? The pic was just taken last week, imho.
your hairdo resembles Dirk's TBH, no wonder you named yourself "dirk4mvp".

dirk4mvp
04-11-2010, 01:13 AM
your hairdo resembles Dirk's TBH, no wonder you named yourself "dirk4mvp".

Yep sons. And no wonder your name is timvpimp, also know as the young husband tbh.

spurs10
04-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Who do you want? No one with soul and balls.

Ghazi
04-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Why should Mavs fans be scared of the Blazers or Spurs?

We'd have home court, I don't give a motherfuck if we've sucked at home this year, it adds an edge.

We have the best player on the court against the Blazers/Spurs. Another edge.

I just am not scared of the Spurs/Blazers. There's a chance we'd lose, just like there's a chance any team can lose any series at any given time... the only teams that really "scare" me in the West are the Lakers and Jazz.

mogrovejo
04-11-2010, 01:32 AM
Beaubois as the first guard off the bench.

badfish22
04-11-2010, 01:59 AM
johnhollinger: most likely pairings: 1)la-por 2)ut-okc 3)dal-sa 4) phx-den. #2 prob: 1)la-sa 2)dal-por 3)ut-okc 4)phx-den

Hollinger still holding out hope for Utah.

badfish22
04-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Beaubois as the first guard off the bench.

:tu

I-Ball
04-11-2010, 04:22 AM
i think portland would be the easier match up, but i still want the spurs.

it's not like the spurs are guaranteed walk to the second round. in fact i think the series would be a coin flip with a slight advantage for the mavs (hca, recent playoff history).

but if there is one problem with the mavs, which prevents success, that is focus.
with the spurs as opponent i don't worry about lack of focus.

sending the spurs fishing two years in a row would be the icing on the cake:toast

MavDynasty
04-11-2010, 11:08 AM

it's not like the spurs are guaranteed walk to the second round. in fact i think the series would be a coin flip with a slight advantage for the mavs (hca, recent playoff history).

but if there is one problem with the mavs, which prevents success, that is focus.

sending the spurs fishing two years in a row would be the icing on the cake:toast
:toast everytime i watch a mavs spurs game the mavs come out with full energy. i agree how focus wont be a problem and the spurs imho are one of the teams we can control the board against. the main problem is parker owning us and vintage ginobili but lets see what haywood and marion can do...

poop
04-11-2010, 03:36 PM
LOL why are you guys worried about the spurs?
playing SA always brings out the best in the Mavs, it would be no contest Dirk and Terry will hit 75% of their field goals and should they ever fall behind, Dirk will be put on the line until they are on top again. im being 100% serious

DPG21920
04-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Mavs no doubt want the Spurs. No doubt. They will do whatever it takes to play them even if it means tanking a game. They have absolutely no fear of the Spurs anymore and they have just as much talent (I would say more) and HCA.

poop
04-11-2010, 03:41 PM

sending the spurs fishing two years in a row after a successful Regular Season, getting raped in the following round and going home to admire our latest Division Championship banner would be the icing on the cake:toast

fixed

Ditty
04-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Marion, never guards Manu well at all. Marion would guard Manu a lot during the Suns series and Manu would still get his points.

This matchup is going to be a toss up. Either team can take out the other in a 7 game series.

manu has always given marion trouble butler hasnt had great games against the spurs in the past spurs would beat the mavs in 6 games

DPG21920
04-11-2010, 04:50 PM
It doesn't matter about fear or not. You think anyone on the Spurs is actually afraid of anyone on Dallas?

This match up is a toss up and anyone who thinks otherwise is a blinded homer.

Last year means absolutely nothing considering Manu was injuried and how much George Hill has improved. Also, Dallas is a whole new team after the trade too.

It will be a great series, but anyone thinking Dallas is going to walk over San Antonio is fucking dreaming.

So I am a Spurs fan, who thinks the Mavs are a terrible match up, and I am a homer?

I think you used your "automatic" argument on the wrong person.

The Spurs certainly fear the Mavs. Mavs have owned the Spurs recently. The Mavs have no fear of the Spurs. It is really that simple. Does that mean the Mavs would sweep the Spurs? No.

It just means they want to play the Spurs.

DPG21920
04-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Yes they do. Homer.

DPG21920
04-11-2010, 05:20 PM
no they don't dumbass!

So Mavs own the Spurs recently, you make up excuses, then say it is a coin toss this year when the Mavs have a better record? Homer.

Muser
04-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Mavs/Portland would be sweet.

Findog
04-11-2010, 08:27 PM

I'm confident we'd beat either the Spurs, Blazers or Zombie Sonics. In the case of the Spurs, I'm not so confident that I'd risk a sig or leave the forum bet. But as for the other two, if we draw the Blazers or Kevin Durant's team and exit in the first round, I don't post until the Finals are over. If we draw Portland/Durant's team and advance, you don't post until the Finals are over. Deal?

Or would you rather do a sig/avatar bet that lasts until the end of the Finals?

j.dizzle
04-11-2010, 08:50 PM
I wanna see a Dal/Portland series..They look like they got some beef this year..6 game series with most of them being close

Findog
04-11-2010, 08:56 PM
I wanna see a Dal/Portland series..They look like they got some beef this year..6 game series with most of them being close

Just found out about Roy's injury. We'll find out soon what the deal is with that. I'm sure if he's out for the first round, mono will not want to make that bet.

lurker
04-11-2010, 09:27 PM
I still feel like they can beat the Spurs, but a series with Portland could be ugly if Roy is good to go.

Findog
04-11-2010, 09:53 PM
I still feel like they can beat the Spurs, but a series with Portland could be ugly if Roy is good to go.

I really do not fear Portland at all. Where is this shit coming from? 1-1 in their gym since the trade.

badfish22
04-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Should of been a poll probably.

Sofaking
04-11-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm not scared of the Mavs

badfish22
04-11-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm not scared of the Mavs

Well when your alternative is the Lakers....

sribb43
04-11-2010, 10:18 PM
I'd prefer Portland or okc but any matchup will be a beast