PDA

View Full Version : Tom Green standup comedy

Cant_Be_Faded
03-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Apparently he is on tour. Anyone seen him live? I might go see him tomorrow tickets are 22 bucks....usually I laugh my ass off at anything he does. But I never seen him do standup.

Anyone here seen him do standup?

oh crap
03-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Where at?

Cant_Be_Faded
03-05-2010, 08:09 PM
The Improv. (mookie, it's in ADDISON)

I just went ahead and got tickets. The seating is first come first sit, so I'ma get blowed outta my mind and get there early. Tom Green's show first appeared on MTV in my formative stoner years in high school, so I can't miss this.
If he sucks I'll be close enough to heckle him.

baseline bum
03-05-2010, 09:02 PM
I remember an episode of his show when he went to a club and did stand-up. He made some long animal wailing sound to open the show, and the audience gave him a politeness clap. Then he kept making stupid sounds and yelling random crap, and the whole crowd started booing the hell out of him. Security came and had to drag him off the stage while he was making stupid sounds into the mic. It was hilarious. :rollin

baseline bum
03-05-2010, 09:09 PM
ROFL... Here's the clip

Y4WNuCkShJQ

DPG21920
03-05-2010, 09:19 PM
The Improv. (mookie, it's in ADDISON)

I just went ahead and got tickets. The seating is first come first sit, so I'ma get blowed outta my mind and get there early. Tom Green's show first appeared on MTV in my formative stoner years in high school, so I can't miss this.
If he sucks I'll be close enough to heckle him.

WTF, you live in Dallas? I just saw Shane Mauss there a few weeks ago. He was funny.

I just missed Pauly Shore who's stand up pwns Green.

mookie2001
03-05-2010, 10:08 PM
yeah everyone thinks we all live in bloomington, when in fact not one of us actually does

DPG21920
03-05-2010, 10:27 PM
That just blew my f'ing mind right there. Maybe a Spurs playoff beer run is in order.

EricB
03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
People find this guy funny?

Really?

DPG21920
03-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Do you only like Bill Maher?

balli
03-05-2010, 11:14 PM
I don't like Tom Green much, but I've had more than a few people tell me that my voice sounds exactly the same as his. So by the off chance anyone out there has ever wondered what I sound like, apparently, like Tom Green.

symple19
03-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Hope you have fun CBF. I fucking love Tom Green. You have to have a certain kind of sense of humor to enjoy his stuff though. "Freddie Got Fingered" is one of my fave movies of all time.

Looking forward to your review CBF! :tu

I laugh every time I see Stretch's sig...LOL

symple19
03-06-2010, 12:03 AM

Really?

yes, and...yes

koriwhat
03-06-2010, 12:04 AM
dude sucks!

Cant_Be_Faded
03-06-2010, 12:08 AM
WTF, you live in Dallas? I just saw Shane Mauss there a few weeks ago. He was funny.

I just missed Pauly Shore who's stand up pwns Green.

The only reason I knew about pauly or tom doing the improv was because both spent friday mornings with the Musers on 1310 the Ticket...

Pauly sounded so incredibly unfunny, but I didn't hear about it til that friday....so tickets were sold out

Green, on the other hand, his tickets were not sold out
so I grabbed a couple.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-06-2010, 12:09 AM
That just blew my f'ing mind right there. Maybe a Spurs playoff beer run is in order.

mookie made fun of me for like three straight years for living in dallas after i moved here from austin
he still makes jokes to this day

Cant_Be_Faded
03-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Hope you have fun CBF. I fucking love Tom Green. You have to have a certain kind of sense of humor to enjoy his stuff though. "Freddie Got Fingered" is one of my fave movies of all time.

I was a fresh nubile young stoner when Tom Green made it big on MTV.

Road Trip, and Freddie Got Fingered were in my stoner prime, the entire mookie crew and I saw both at the theater, and I RARELY remember laughing at a movie more than during those two. FGF was one of the ultimate theater stoner movies of my entire life. The Hangover is the only thing in recent memory that I can say compares but still inferior to FGF.

I'm gonna get blitzed off tha bubonic chronic for this one. And get there about an hour early to get drunk. That way I get a good seat. I'm gonna have to bone up on old Tom Green clips so I can shout out some random old show references to him. Like the Undercutters Pizza Guy..."We were going to give it to you for cheaper!" roflrofl

baseline bum
03-06-2010, 12:34 AM

Jacking the elephant off onto his father in Pakistan was fucking hilarious. As was the job in the cheese sandwich factory and the perfect girlfriend. :rollin

DPG21920
03-06-2010, 01:02 AM
My favorite TG movie moment was in Road Trip, where he asks the snake "are you gonna f*cking eat him?"

DPG21920
03-06-2010, 01:04 AM
I really wanted to go see Joe Rogan, but my girlfriend got a swollen lymph-node.

DPG21920
03-06-2010, 01:06 AM
mookie made fun of me for like three straight years for living in dallas after i moved here from austin
he still makes jokes to this day

Say what you will; I love San Antonio & Austin, but Dallas is a great place to live imo.

Lot's of stuff to do and all of my friends who are still in SA and ATX want to live in Dallas when they visit.

timvp
03-06-2010, 01:19 AM
Canadians aren't funny.

DPG21920
03-06-2010, 01:28 AM
"Hey Terrence, do you like flowers? How about a two-lip"

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/701/701605/south-park-recap-cartoon-wars-part-2-20060413114421438-000.jpg

Phillip
03-06-2010, 01:29 AM

Really?

bro

i heard this one time you were at dunkin donuts

and there was a 3 hour wait for the next person ordering donuts

because you came into the store and ordered every single donut they had

symple19
03-06-2010, 01:40 AM
I was a fresh nubile young stoner when Tom Green made it big on MTV.

Road Trip, and Freddie Got Fingered were in my stoner prime, the entire mookie crew and I saw both at the theater, and I RARELY remember laughing at a movie more than during those two. FGF was one of the ultimate theater stoner movies of my entire life. The Hangover is the only thing in recent memory that I can say compares but still inferior to FGF.

I'm gonna get blitzed off tha bubonic chronic for this one. And get there about an hour early to get drunk. That way I get a good seat. I'm gonna have to bone up on old Tom Green clips so I can shout out some random old show references to him. Like the Undercutters Pizza Guy..."We were going to give it to you for cheaper!" roflrofl

High quality. Hope you have a good time. I would love to see him live:toast:toast:toast:toast

mookie2001
03-06-2010, 01:42 AM
i was a slightly older less nublile stoner when green made it big

it was funny, but glen humplik and that laughing coffee guy were what made the actual show part funny

but daddy would you like some sausage was classic

symple19
03-06-2010, 01:47 AM
i was a slightly older less nublile stoner when green made it big

it was funny, but glen humplik and that laughing coffee guy were what made the actual show part funny

but daddy would you like some sausage was classic

Rofl, in the army me and my boys would tie hotdogs to MFers doornobs when they rotated out of the barracks. I still reference that shit whenever possible.

My other favorite part is when he's in the hospital..."you have a BABY in your body!!!" my relatives don't get it when i say that shit to them.,...

Cant_Be_Faded
03-06-2010, 03:53 AM
Canadians aren't funny.

crofl
tell that to kevin mcdonald, mark mckinney, scott thompson, bruce mccullough, and dave foley brahh

Whisky Dog
03-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Shit, I need to check who's performing at the improv more often. I remember seeing the sign for Pauly Shore and wanting to see but it was sold out.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Tom Green was fucking hilarious. He did the entire gig as his exaggerated spastic crazy nonsensical self that he was on freddy got fingered and in his tom green show bits

He covered all the bases....Drew Barrymore, his movies, being on Celebrity Apprentice and getting fired...even busted out the acoustic guitar to sing that stupid animal song from road trip and parts of the bum bum song...rofl
He was killin the crowd
Highly recommend to anyone. Also the comedian opening for him was hilarious too. He has the "I'm moderately fat so I make fat jokes" thing down pretty well.

Tom also did a meet and greet afterwards by the door so everyone who went got to meet him. I told him that the undercutters pizza skit was one of the funniest things I've ever seen and his movies ruled.

ShoogarBear
03-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Canadians aren't funny.

Steve Nash, back-to-back MVPs.

baseline bum
03-07-2010, 08:29 PM
[/B]
Rofl, in the army me and my boys would tie hotdogs to MFers doornobs when they rotated out of the barracks. I still reference that shit whenever possible.

My other favorite part is when he's in the hospital..."you have a BABY in your body!!!" my relatives don't get it when i say that shit to them.,...

I like "It's my umbilical cord."

baseline bum
03-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Tom Green was fucking hilarious. He did the entire gig as his exaggerated spastic crazy nonsensical self that he was on freddy got fingered and in his tom green show bits

He covered all the bases....Drew Barrymore, his movies, being on Celebrity Apprentice and getting fired...even busted out the acoustic guitar to sing that stupid animal song from road trip and parts of the bum bum song...rofl
He was killin the crowd
Highly recommend to anyone. Also the comedian opening for him was hilarious too. He has the "I'm moderately fat so I make fat jokes" thing down pretty well.

Tom also did a meet and greet afterwards by the door so everyone who went got to meet him. I told him that the undercutters pizza skit was one of the funniest things I've ever seen and his movies ruled.

You ever heard his hockey song or Pet Names For Genitalia? That shit was hilarious (even better than Lonely Swedish IMO).

thispego
03-08-2010, 12:10 PM
canadians aren't funny.

sacrilege!