stretch
01-04-2010, 10:36 AM
lol dont even know where to begin

lol barea

lol howard

lol gooden

lol marion

lol mavs

anyways... i think the mavs need to seriously look at trying to trade Howard and Barea. both are gifted players but dont fit into the Mavs mold. they take too many dumb shots, barea cant defend worth a crap, and howard is just too fragile mentally. they just kinda go with the flow. if the team is playing well, they play better. but once things go wrong, Barea and Howard just make things worse because they jack up quick, stupid shots. this game also showed how important Dampier is to the team.

bad games happen from time to time, although this was just embarrasing. but the mavs are still a very good team, and will be around in the playoffs as usual... just going through a bit of a slump right now.

Double-Up
01-04-2010, 10:44 AM
lol spurstalk

monosylab1k
01-04-2010, 10:45 AM
If Carlisle is serious about making the Mavs an elite defensive team, Barea can't get playing time. Roddy has all the tools to be a very good perimeter defender, and needs playing time NOW to get the experience he'll need.

The Mavs are not to be taken seriously as long as they have a 5'9" shooting guard with T-Rex arms starting games.

I-Ball
01-04-2010, 10:49 AM
trading the midget seems to be the only possiibility to force carlisle into a more reasonable rotation (more Roddy, QRoss and no more gimmick-line-up of Jet-JJ-kidd).

TheMACHINE
01-04-2010, 11:18 AM
lol dont even know where to begin

you can begin with continuing the other LMAO MAVS thread. :p:

xellos88330
01-04-2010, 11:45 AM
I don't really know about getting rid of Barea. I do not watch many Mavs games, but he always seems to bother the Spurs. Beaubois will be a problem as well, but one that the Spurs don't mind as much. I think its because Barea looks funny. :D

stretch
01-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Barea should NOT be starting.

Either Roddy or JET should start at the 2. I'm starting to think JET might be the better fit. He seems to go back and forth at being more effective either off the bench or starting. I think a change might help him.

xellos88330
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Has Terry's slump gone bye bye yet? If it looks like it the move to start him might not be a bad idea.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM
I think they should start J-Ho. I'm not trying to be a dick here, but J-Ho is known to be great in the 1st quarter, why the fuck would Carlisle reduce his first quarter minutes when it's obviously his best quarter.

xellos88330
01-04-2010, 11:52 AM
I think they should start J-Ho. I'm not trying to be a dick here, but J-Ho is known to be great in the 1st quarter, why the fuck would Carlisle reduce his first quarter minutes when it's obviously his best quarter.

Probably because Howard hasn't quite come down from his pre-game "ritual".

Sorry... couldn't help it. :p:

Findog
01-04-2010, 11:53 AM
this game also showed how important Dampier is to the team.

Mavs would've crushed the Fake Show easily without Dampier.

Skip Bayless
01-04-2010, 11:56 AM
The Mavs problem lies and has always lied with that 7 foot German wiener Irk NoWinski. This guy is not a leader, and he just takes beatings over and over and does nothing to stop his team from embarassment and it just manifests itself.

This team will never ever win a title with him as a leader.

Findog
01-04-2010, 12:43 PM
^ I think that's the REAL Skip Bayless. :lol

duhoh
01-04-2010, 02:00 PM
^ I think that's the REAL Skip Bayless. :lol

:lol

mavsfan1000
01-04-2010, 03:19 PM
You forgot lol Kidd 0-6 and 0 points. Pathetic.

Indazone
01-04-2010, 03:34 PM
great thread..worthless thread title

Muser
01-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Kidd took 6 threes and missed them all, wow..

stretch
01-04-2010, 05:04 PM
You forgot lol Kidd 0-6 and 0 points. Pathetic.

lol bullfan1000

lefty
01-04-2010, 05:05 PM
lol lol

4>0rings
01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Just not as fun when your own team loses too.

LMAOxROFL
01-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Lmao mavs

Spursmania
01-04-2010, 07:11 PM
I hope this was a fluke. Because Damn, that was pretty bad, and I just can't believe the Lakers are that much better than the Mavs.

And, that was without Gasol? How early did he leave the game? What happened to the Mavs? I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but come on the score was just ridiculous.

LMAOxROFL
01-04-2010, 07:12 PM
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab177/LMAOxROFL/LOLmavs.jpg

badfish22
01-04-2010, 09:26 PM
I hope this was a fluke. Because Damn, that was pretty bad, and I just can't believe the Lakers are that much better than the Mavs.

And, that was without Gasol? How early did he leave the game? What happened to the Mavs? I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but come on the score was just ridiculous.

I would say it was a little bit of a fluke. The Mavs are not on the Lakers level, but they are not that far off. The Lakers were shooting out their ass and the Mavs couldn't buy a bucket.
The Mavs were also without their franchise center and intimidating presence in the middle.

Still this loss should wake Cuban up and make him see we are still missing a piece.
But notice I said should. Will it? Probably not

mavsfan1000
01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
lol bullfan1000
Pathetic that you are on Kidd's nuts no matter how bad he plays. Can't criticize the biggest non factor in that game. 0 points. Let me say that again. 0 points. Nothing worse you can do than go 0 for.

FkLA
01-05-2010, 03:01 PM
For as much shit as some of you guys give spurs fans about being excited over dejuan blair, you guys sure got a hard on for that Beabouis guy that cant even crack the rotation.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
01-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Mavs got the split in LA. Lakers now have to play 2 in Dallas. Jury is out for the regular season. Mavs made more offseason moves than Lakers did, so more chances to make up ground. Both teams will make the playoffs, then it's a whole new ball of wax. Methinks they play again soon.

mavsfan1000
01-05-2010, 03:57 PM
For as much shit as some of you guys give spurs fans about being excited over dejuan blair, you guys sure got a hard on for that Beabouis guy that cant even crack the rotation.
That's because Carlisle is an idiot.

stretch
01-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Pathetic that you are on Kidd's nuts no matter how bad he plays. Can't criticize the biggest non factor in that game. 0 points. Let me say that again. 0 points. Nothing worse you can do than go 0 for.

Devin Harris - 25 "0-for" games in 353 games as a Dallas Maverick

Jason Kidd - 7 "0-for" games in 159 games as a Dallas Maverick

you know what that means?

that one out of every 14-15 games, Devin Harris had an "0-for" night.

but Jason Kidd only has one in every 22-23 games.

:jack

GFY

Greg Oden
01-05-2010, 05:28 PM
:lmao

stretch - 1

bullfan1000 - 0

mavsfan1000
01-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Devin Harris - 25 "0-for" games in 353 games as a Dallas Maverick

Jason Kidd - 7 "0-for" games in 159 games as a Dallas Maverick

you know what that means?

that one out of every 14-15 games, Devin Harris had an "0-for" night.

but Jason Kidd only has one in every 22-23 games.

:jack

GFY
That is the most meaningless stat you pulled there. Injuries are the big reason Harris had so many 0 point games. How many games did he get 0 points as a full time starter? I doubt that happened. Not that I needed any more proof that was a bad trade though. It's just embarrassing how lopsided it has become. Even Marion added to this team hasn't been enough to make up for Kidd's lack of scoring.

Lars
01-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Atleast your protest of the Rockets game was approved.

djohn2oo8
01-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Atleast your protest of the Rockets game was approved.

21_Blessings
01-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Devin Harris is a better player than Kidd. Time to accept that reality Mav fan and remember you also shipped two first rounders with him.

Findog
01-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Devin Harris is a better player than Kidd. Time to accept that reality Mav fan and remember you also shipped two first rounders with him.

1) Kidd is still a better player than Harris. Harris would demolish Kidd in a game of 1 on 1, but that does not make him the better NBA player.

2) Swapping them straight up does not make Dallas better right now.

3) Dirk is playing the best ball of his career alongside Kidd instead of Harris. Anybody who has watched him since the beginning of the 08-09 season would easily concede he's even better now than he was from 2005-07.

4) I'd rather have 80 games a year of Kidd than 55 games a year of Harris.

5) The two first-rounders are in the mid to late twenties because Dallas wins 50+ games every year. For $3 million, Dallas can buy a late first-rounder with Cuban's deep pockets.

6) It's true Devin Harris will still be in the NBA in 2014 when Kidd is beating his next wife, but the Mavs made the trade to get better now, and it worked. Harris is not some transcendent player that Dallas will regret giving up. It's not Vlade Divac for Kobe Bryant's draft rights.

I find it hilarious that this is getting mentioned as one of the worst, if not the worst, trades of all time, when it's clear that both teams met their goals: Dallas got better in interim, Jersey salvaged a nice player considering Kidd wouldn't have resigned there. Joe Johnson for Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers was worse.

alchemist
01-05-2010, 10:59 PM

mavsfan1000
01-05-2010, 11:26 PM

1) Kidd is still a better player than Harris. Harris would demolish Kidd in a game of 1 on 1, but that does make him the better NBA player.

2) Swapping them straight up does not make Dallas better right now.

3) Dirk is playing the best ball of his career alongside Kidd instead of Harris. Anybody who has watched him since the beginning of the 08-09 season would easily concede he's even better now than he was from 2005-07.

4) I'd rather have 80 games a year of Kidd than 55 games a year of Harris.

5) The two first-rounders are in the mid to late twenties because Dallas wins 50+ games every year. For $3 million, Dallas can buy a late first-rounder with Cuban's deep pockets.

6) It's true Devin Harris will still be in the NBA in 2014 when Kidd is beating his next wife, but the Mavs made the trade to get better now, and it worked. Harris is not some transcendent player that Dallas will regret giving up. It's not Vlade Divac for Kobe Bryant's draft rights.

I find it hilarious that this is getting mentioned as one of the worst, if not the worst, trades of all time, when it's clear that both teams met their goals: Dallas got better in interim, Jersey salvaged a nice player considering Kidd wouldn't have resigned there. Joe Johnson for Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers was worse.
Which team had the better record overall? The mavs with Harris that got to the Finals or the mavs with Kidd that got as far as second round and got whipped by the nuggets? They even got Marion now and still are not close to how good they were with Harris. Kidd is just not a big enough threat on offense to prevent this team from being stagnant. This team needs a point guard to score more. At least get a shooting guard that can score more. Otherwise Kidd's lack of scoring ability is exposed.

Findog
01-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Which team had the better record overall? The mavs with Harris that got to the Finals or the mavs with Kidd that got as far as second round and got whipped by the nuggets?

That's not all tied to Kidd/Harris. Rosters change, not just Dallas, but the rest of the League. There was a big shift in power when Shaq was traded to Miami in 2004 and Nash signed with Phoenix. There was another big shift when Gasol was traded to LA two years ago. The landscape is different, and had the Mavs continued to keep that 2006 team intact more or less, they would be getting diminishing results. You swap out Kidd for Harris straight up right now and the Mavs don't get as far as the ass-whipping the Nuggets laid on them. You also conveniently ignore the fact that Dirk is playing the best ball of his career with Kidd as his PG who can get him the ball where he wants. Kidd has a much better all-around game than Harris.

The trade appeared to be a disaster initially because Avery was not a good enough coach to adjust to a new roster.

Ghazi
01-06-2010, 03:34 AM

Im really losing sleep over not drafting Ryan fucking Anderson.

stretch
01-06-2010, 08:32 AM
That is the most meaningless stat you pulled there. Injuries are the big reason Harris had so many 0 point games. How many games did he get 0 points as a full time starter? I doubt that happened. Not that I needed any more proof that was a bad trade though. It's just embarrassing how lopsided it has become. Even Marion added to this team hasn't been enough to make up for Kidd's lack of scoring.

i didnt say 0 point games you fuck. i said 0-fer. games where they played, and took shots from the field, and missed them all. i didnt count any games where he didn't log minutes.

fucking dumbass bullfan