PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' Duncan, Parker practice

Spurs Brazil
11-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Spurs' Duncan, Parker practice

SAN ANTONIO -- Tim Duncan and Tony Parker appear closer to returning to the San Antonio Spurs after missing two games with ankle injuries.

Parker and Duncan practiced Friday and were listed as questionable for Saturday's game against Oklahoma City. Neither has played since hurting their left ankles in a loss last week at Portland.

The Spurs beat Toronto and Dallas earlier this week despite missing their All-Star duo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4652973

spursfan1000
11-13-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm not really sure if I want them to come back as long as we can win without them.

exstatic
11-13-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm not really sure if I want them to come back as long as we can win without them.

It's a balancing act. You don't want to bring them back too soon and risk turning the ankle again because the ligaments didn't heal and tighten up, but you also don't want them to lose their game conditioning. I imagine we'll either see them Sat against OKC or Wed @ Dallas.

TIMMYD!
11-13-2009, 08:41 PM
I have a feeling they'll bring Tony back.

lennyalderette
11-13-2009, 08:44 PM
same here

theyll bring tp back and rest timmy

Borosai
11-13-2009, 09:04 PM
So does this mean they're not being traded?

spursdotcom
11-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Spurs' Duncan, Parker practice

SAN ANTONIO -- Tim Duncan and Tony Parker appear closer to returning to the San Antonio Spurs after missing two games with ankle injuries.

Parker and Duncan practiced Friday and were listed as questionable for Saturday's game against Oklahoma City. Neither has played since hurting their left ankles in a loss last week at Portland.

The Spurs beat Toronto and Dallas earlier this week despite missing their All-Star duo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4652973

about an hour earlier

http://twitter.com/spurs/status/5692269914

:toast

ShoogarBear
11-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Good to see that they're getting ready for their tradebait showcasing.

SpurNation
11-13-2009, 09:36 PM
It's a balancing act. You don't want to bring them back too soon and risk turning the ankle again because the ligaments didn't heal and tighten up, but you also don't want them to lose their game conditioning. I imagine we'll either see them Sat against OKC or Wed @ Dallas.

True. OKC shouldn't be as much a problem for the Spurs with Tim and Tony out. The Mavs in Dallas is a different story.

I would think Tony could make his appearance in the OKC game without too much chance of re-injuring the ankle. Duncan might need until the Dallas game to make sure he's ready to endure the slugfest that will undoubtably be happening while on their court.

And I don't doubt that either would loose much in their game if they both had to wait that long to play again.

I'm just wondering if chemistry might be an issue being the both haven't played in the last 2 games or 3 if they wait until the Dallas game to return.