PDA

View Full Version : pistons willing to part with prince. should we dare?

D-ROB 50
04-23-2009, 06:07 PM
I dont have access to the espn insider, but the caption read "pistons willing to part with prince". Anybody out there think he fits in nicely in black/silver?

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Why worry about this when your team is still alive in the playoffs?

DAF86
04-23-2009, 06:10 PM
I dont have access to the espn insider, but the caption read "pistons willing to part with prince". Anybody out there think he fits in nicely in black/silver?

They're willing to part with Prince to get Bosh.

D-ROB 50
04-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Why worry about this when your team is still alive in the playoffs?

Alive and kicking. Just something to consider.

Thomas82
04-23-2009, 06:40 PM
I see if we can get him, let's do it.

exstatic
04-23-2009, 06:43 PM
They're willing to part with Prince to get Bosh.

That.

Somehow, I don't think Matt Bonner would excite them dangled as Prince trade bait. Prince's game seems to also have taken as much of a dive as Rasheed's. He was much better under Larry Brown.

Please_dont_ban_me
04-23-2009, 06:59 PM
3 words.

Hell, fucking, yes.

Please_dont_ban_me
04-23-2009, 06:59 PM
That.

Somehow, I don't think Matt Bonner would excite them dangled as Prince trade bait. Prince's game seems to also have taken as much of a dive as Rasheed's. He was much better under Larry Brown.

Way to take a proverbial dump on my parade. :bang

manufan10
04-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Way to take a proverbial dump on my parade. :bang

That means he'll be just as good under Popovich, same type of coach. :toast

Biggems
04-23-2009, 07:03 PM
That.

You mean a disciplined, structured, defensive minded coach? oh where can we find one of those?

Please_dont_ban_me
04-23-2009, 07:05 PM
You mean a disciplined, structured, defensive minded coach? oh where can we find one of those?

Mike Woodsen, Atlanta. :wakeup

manufan10
04-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Mike Dunleavy, Clippers.

DAF86
04-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Don Nelson.

SouthTexasRancher
04-23-2009, 10:51 PM

He's better than anyone else we have outside Tim & Tony. If the price is right then you betcha. Without Manu this team struggles worse than the Clippers or Kings and I am not sure we'll ever see a healthy Manu again. Tim isn't getting any younger so time is running out. Hopefully we'll sign Drew for next season and beyond and other than that all the rest are expendable. Just too damn inconsistent.

NewJerSpur
04-23-2009, 10:57 PM
That.

Maybe he'd return to form under Pop? I agree though, we have no chips to get in on that table. The draft will be where it's at for us. Btw, me contributing to this post in no way indicates I believe our series is over; Detroit on the other hand....

Dunc n Dave
04-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Maybe he'd return to form under Pop? I agree though, we have no chips to get in on that table. The draft will be where it's at for us. Btw, me contributing to this post in no way indicates I believe our series is over; Detroit on the other hand....

How's the draft gonna help us when OKC owns our 1st round pick this summer?

NewJerSpur
04-23-2009, 11:11 PM
How's the draft gonna help us when OKC owns our 1st round pick this summer?

Damn, forgot about that. Well, there's still the developmental league and a 2nd rounder right?

Dunc n Dave
04-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Damn, forgot about that. Well, there's still the developmental league and a 2nd rounder right?

Yeah, they have 2 second rounders, but we won't find anyone that low who can help IMMEDIATELY...

A trade or mid-level FA signing is the only way this team improves this summer.

Rasheed for the MLE possibly, but we'd still be hurting at SF...

NewJerSpur
04-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Yeah, they have 2 second rounders, but we won't find anyone that low who can help IMMEDIATELY...

A trade or mid-level FA signing is the only way this team improves this summer.

Rasheed for the MLE possibly, but we'd still be hurting at SF...

With regard to the draft I say, "you never know what hidden gems lie beneath." You might not draft a starter, but out of 2 guys you could at least find someone with potential to seriously improve our bench depth and be good enough at something to take the load off of one of our stars.

If Sheed is still motivated, he's cool but we still need to get younger at some point and he can't be jacking up multiple shots within a few possessions. I'm banking more on the D-League guys more so than Free Agency this coming offseason, but one never knows.

BackHome
04-24-2009, 12:12 AM
We have 3 second round picks so that gives us some wiggle room in trading for a first rounder. The draft is very weak so don't know if they will take that chance or just see what falls to them.

I wouldn't mind Prince I remember that all the draft boards had us picking him at draft night. I can't remember who we picked over him though?

So I guess we trade one of our expiring guys for him..Thomas, Oberto or Bowen?

I wouldn't mind us signing him bringing over Gist and drafting Omri or Green...and then looking at Williams or Hariston this summer.