PDA

View Full Version : Good News for Mavericks fans

Findog
04-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Rangers are 1-0.

Nuff said.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 08:16 PM
They're gonna make me start rooting for them again. Fuckers.

Findog
04-06-2009, 08:16 PM
They're gonna make me start rooting for them again. Fuckers.

Bush throwing out the first pitch is enough for me to turn in my Ranger fan card.

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Bush throwing out the first pitch is enough for me to turn in my Ranger fan card.
Let's not get into a political argument here...Rangers are 1-0..that's all that matters.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 08:22 PM

He's the reason the building is there, and the reason it's paid for. If you don't know that, then maybe you should just stick with basketball.

GuerillaBlack
04-06-2009, 09:16 PM
He's the reason the building is there, and the reason it's paid for. If you don't know that, then maybe you should just stick with basketball.

Arlington sucks. I guess that's why he put the stadium there, because he sucks, too.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Arlington sucks. I guess that's why he put the stadium there, because he sucks, too.

Probably. It's not like the old Rangers stadium was in Arlington.

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 09:20 PM
What's with all the Bush Bashing? I thought this was about the Rangers. Say what you want about Bush, but since 9-11, there has been no more terrorist attacks on US soil...he did a good job with what was handed to him.

GuerillaBlack
04-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Motherfuck Bush. End. of. Story.

Moving on...

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Motherfuck Bush. End. of. Story.

Moving on...
Nice...say your peace and think that's the end...like I said..not going to get into a political argument..but he did as good as anyone could with what Clinton left him. And Obama's ALREADY screwing it up again...NOW..moving on.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Say what you want about Bush, but since 9-11, there has been no more terrorist attacks on US soil...he did a good job with what was handed to him.

Yeah, and aside from the worst economic collapse since the great depression, a clusterfuck of a war the president lied the country into, turning Clinton's national surpluses into national deficits, making America the last country to elect a leader who believes in global warming, and really nothing done to help the country, his presidency was GREAT.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-06-2009, 10:02 PM
.but he did as good as anyone could with what Clinton left him.

Yeah, Clinton left him in horrible shape. National Surpluses, a growing job market, and a friendly relationship with almost all the other world powers. Clinton left him in horrible shape.

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Yeah, Clinton left him in horrible shape. National Surpluses, a growing job market, and a friendly relationship with almost all the other world powers. Clinton left him in horrible shape.
Yeah..he also had Bin Laden and Hussein in the palm of his hands and could have eliminated them both..and didn't. He admitted it himself on CNN..said there were a lot of things he didn't do that he regretted. After what happened on 9-11, he did just as good as anyone could have done with the situation. He did what everyone wanted him to do. Everyone in the country wanted to go to war..so he went to war..then they all bitched about it. He was in a no win situation, but like I said..I'm not going to argue about politics..this is about sports.

Findog
04-06-2009, 10:14 PM

Bullshit. Nolan Ryan is the reason that ballpark is there. Bush put up $600,000 and owned .02 of the team. He was the public face and did nothing more. Schieffer did all the heavy lifting.

BUMP
04-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Let's not get into a political argument here...Rangers are 1-0..that's all that matters.

what? me and you rooting for the same team..... well alright:toast

monosylab1k
04-06-2009, 10:40 PM

Jerry Jones is building Sports Mecca in Arlington as we speak.

monosylab1k
04-06-2009, 10:41 PM
And I haven't been to a ton of ballparks, but out of all the ones I've been to (The Temple, old Yankee Stadium, Shea, Dodger Stadium, the shithole the Astros play in), The Temple is by far the best.

BUMP
04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
And I haven't been to a ton of ballparks, but out of all the ones I've been to (The Temple, old Yankee Stadium, Shea, Dodger Stadium, the shithole the Astros play in), The Temple is by far the best.

except for the shithole, all those other stadiums are pretty old

Findog
04-06-2009, 10:43 PM

I like the Royals ballpark. It's unique without being a Camden Yards ripoff. Actually all the new stadiums now are just Camden Yards ripoffs. The only ones I really like are SF, Pitt and San Diego.

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 10:44 PM
what? me and you rooting for the same team..... well alright:toast
:toast Yep..I guess come baseball time we'll be getting along just fine..what about football? Cowboys fan by chance?

monosylab1k
04-06-2009, 10:47 PM
except for the shithole, all those other stadiums are pretty old

Dodger Stadium got renovated a few years ago. And everyone talks about what a classic stadium those places are, and how great they are regardless of how old.

I'm not talking about all the sights & sounds and American Airlines Center Mavs Games overload garbage that newer stadiums have. I'm talking about which place gives the most pleasant experience to watch a baseball game. The Temple is easily one of the best in MLB.

BUMP
04-06-2009, 10:51 PM
:toast Yep..I guess come baseball time we'll be getting along just fine..what about football? Cowboys fan by chance?

yeah im a fan of all Dallas teams. ive actually been a fan of the Rangers longer than any sports team because i have family that works within the organization

Findog
04-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm talking about which place gives the most pleasant experience to watch a baseball game. The Temple is easily one of the best in MLB.

Not on a Sunday afternoon in July it isn't.

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 10:53 PM
yeah im a fan of all Dallas teams. ive actually been a fan of the Rangers longer than any sports team because i have family that works within the organization
Very cool...ok..so most of the year I guess we'll be getting along fine. I'm a huge Cowboys fan, and also a Rangers fan..I also cheer for the Astros.

Findog
04-06-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm gonna say an August night game in Toronto is more pleasant than Arlington, Texas.

BUMP
04-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Dodger Stadium got renovated a few years ago. And everyone talks about what a classic stadium those places are, and how great they are regardless of how old.

I'm not talking about all the sights & sounds and American Airlines Center Mavs Games overload garbage that newer stadiums have. I'm talking about which place gives the most pleasant experience to watch a baseball game. The Temple is easily one of the best in MLB.

Agreed. I've been to a lot of stadiums including Yankee Stadium. it reminds me of going to a soccer game more than a baseball game because the fans are so vocally loyal to their team. however Yankee Stadium and Fenway are experiences that you wont forget for the same reason.

monosylab1k
04-06-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm gonna say an August night game in Toronto is more pleasant than Arlington, Texas.

Yeah if you enjoy watching baseball played indoors on fake grass.

GuerillaBlack
04-06-2009, 11:22 PM

Anyplace is more pleasant than Arlington. I hate living here.

Findog
04-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Anyplace is more pleasant than Arlington. I hate living here.

I feel for you man. I myself have always resided at one end of the Metroplex or the other. FTW is definitely my first choice, but Dallas between Mockingbird and Illinois is not so bad. Anything in the middle is ass.

GuerillaBlack
04-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Word. Arlington is the suck. I enjoy Fort Worth (I get major burger cravings when in Fort Worth), though like North Dallas better, especially near the Red Line on DART. I feel depressed in Arlington, or when I go out to visit people in East Dallas/Mesquite. My mood just turns to shit.

BUMP
04-07-2009, 12:14 AM
:lolhas anybody here been to Lubbock?

IronMexican
04-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Lol, Tech

Spursfan092120
04-07-2009, 12:58 AM
:lolhas anybody here been to Lubbock?
:lmao:lmao:lmao

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/output/motivator3206346.jpg

BUMP
04-07-2009, 12:59 AM
is it sad that i think i know where that is?

BUMP
04-07-2009, 01:01 AM
and im moving to Levelland, tx when i graduate which is only 20 minutes away and is literally 20 times smaller population wise.

get ur laughs in now.

but yeah i used to live in Richardson, and the point is live in Lubbock for a little while, then move back anywhere to Dallas and try complaining then

Spursfan092120
04-07-2009, 01:01 AM
is it sad that i think i know where that is?
lol...shit..if you've been to Lubbock, you could probably tell me what that hill is in the background.

BUMP
04-07-2009, 01:03 AM
lol...shit..if you've been to Lubbock, you could probably tell me what that hill is in the background.

actually its about 15-20 miles east. i recognize the hills on the left side of the picture. i've driven by it a million times.