PDA

View Full Version : Tolliver signs with #2 team in Turkey

ChumpDumper
02-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Galatasaray Cafe Crown added Quinton Hosley (198-G/F-84, college: Fresno St.) and Anthony Tolliver (206-C-85, college: Creighton). Powerfull Turkish team finally decided to signed with Tolliver for center position. Tolliver started to play San Antonio Spurs. He played 19 games with Spurs and he assigned to Austin Toros. He also made a 10 days contract with New Orleans Hornets but after that he sent back to Iowa Energy in D-League. He averaged 12.4 points and 8.5 rebounds with Iowa. Istanbul team also signed with Hosley. Quinton just released by Real Madrid and he choosed to go Turkey for the rest of season. As we know American forward had a great season with Karsiyaka last year in Beko Basketbol League. Galatasaray has to cut one of the import players in the roster because of the rules. That player ll be Milojevic or Gurovic.

http://www.eurobasket.com/Turkey/basketball.asp

Good for him. He was much closer to being an NBA level player than I thought he could be this season. Hope he continues to develop.

manufor3
02-26-2009, 04:19 PM
good for him

benefactor
02-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Get your money Anthony. Hopefully you and the Spurs can cross professional paths again someday.

duncan228
02-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Wish him the best. It would be nice if he can make it back to the NBA.

GSH
02-26-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm glad to hear it. He worked hard, and I'm glad he's going to get paid. He'll get better with regular minutes. Hopefully he'll enjoy the time abroad as well.

Michi_Germany
02-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Good luck, Anthony!
I've seen him last year when he played for Bremerhaven in the German League. He played very well but the German League isn't really a good benchmark. Most teams are very bad.

Spurs Brazil
02-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Good luck for Tolliver

NFGIII
02-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Good luck and keep plugging away. If he finally gets confidence in hitting those 3's when it counts thene he could turn into a good rotational player. No stud buy any means but the guy had energy and really worked hard. Hope this opportunity is what gets him over the top.

Biggems
02-26-2009, 08:31 PM
develop in Turkey for the rest of this year and next, then come back to SA.......by then Thomas and Oberto will be out. We will have Tim, Ian, Bonner, Gist, and maybe Pops. That leaves one space for Tolliver.

More than anything, I want him to work on his offensive consistency. He showed to be a solid defensive player. He hustled and got some rebounds. I must say his passing was quite impressive. He seemed to be able to find the open man with ease. He and Duncan had good chemistry in the hi/low game.