PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bonner

SequSpur
12-13-2008, 12:50 AM
is really giving me double doses of stfu.

Dude is over 50% in fg%, 3p%, he is pulling down a few boards, maybe a half a turnover.

He is playing and Spurs are winning.

I still ain't getting his jersey but he's doing alright.

Now if he starts getting the green light for game winners, we need to talk.

:flag:

Amuseddaysleeper
12-13-2008, 12:51 AM
His trade value has ballooned, that's for sure

Gino2882
12-13-2008, 01:14 AM
His trade value has ballooned, that's for sure

It definitely has, but I don't see anyway you can trade him. He is filling in Horry's minutes as the 3pt big man who spreads the floor.

I know some think Ian and Bonner would be competing for time, but there really not. Bonner has solidified himself on this team and really is playing tremendous.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-13-2008, 01:18 AM
It definitely has, but I don't see anyway you can trade him. He is filling in Horry's minutes as the 3pt big man who spreads the floor.

I know some think Ian and Bonner would be competing for time, but there really not. Bonner has solidified himself on this team and really is playing tremendous.

My comment was tongue in cheek for what it's worth, plus I agree with you 100%.

Bonner is playing better than he ever has, the dude deserves his props

T Park
12-13-2008, 01:26 AM
The bonner of now, is the one many of us saw when that trade was made.

His play now just solidifies that as one of the best trades the 'chise ever made.

Spurs Loyalty Police
12-13-2008, 01:27 AM
CIA POP at hes best.

I hope this teaches you guys to stfu and stop jumping off the bandwagon when spurs are down.

:cop - Spurs Loyalty Police

dav4463
12-13-2008, 01:30 AM
I want a Bonner jersey!

Spurs Loyalty Police
12-13-2008, 01:40 AM
I have a Bonner jersey!

fixed :cop

Yorae
12-13-2008, 01:56 AM

His play now just solidifies that as one of the best trades the 'chise ever made.

Who or what we gave in exchange for him? I just don't remember....

Amuseddaysleeper
12-13-2008, 01:59 AM

It was Rasho.

And T Park's post about the Bonner trade being one of the best the franchise made is beyond hilarious.

The Nazr Trade > Bonner trade

Bonner is playing well, but let's not get carried away.

timtonymanu
12-13-2008, 01:59 AM

in the summer of 06 we traded Rasho for Bonner and Eric Williams.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-13-2008, 02:00 AM

Rasho. Can't remember if there were any picks involved.

Spurs Loyalty Police
12-13-2008, 02:01 AM
This makes Bonner a great Trade Value.

Yorae
12-13-2008, 02:08 AM
Ok call me stupid but I also don't remember why was nazr got traded. I just don't. I was very busy back then.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-13-2008, 02:11 AM
Ok call me stupid but I also don't remember why was nazr got traded. I just don't. I was very busy back then.

He didn't get traded. Signed a free agent deal with the Pistons after the 06 season.

Spurs Loyalty Police
12-13-2008, 02:13 AM

He turned down a four-year contract extension and did not return to the Spurs.

On July 4th, 2006, it was announced that he had come to terms on an agreement with the Detroit Pistons to become their starting center

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-13-2008, 02:16 AM

Come on now... what about the 150 games he's played and looked clueless? I'm really glad he's finally found his feet, but let's not go crazy.

Because he after his great showing in 2005 he was never the same, and his inability to catch the ball really pissed off his teammates, and no doubt Pop.

SpursPreacher
12-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Bonner has become the super bonner !!!http://anthonyorsengy.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/0630_superman.jpg

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-13-2008, 02:18 AM
Because he after his great showing in 2005 he was never the same, and his inability to catch the ball really pissed off his teammates, and no doubt Pop.

That and his greatest skill, offensive rebounding, was often mitigated by his need to pump fake four times before trying to put a shot back.

Yorae
12-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Oh Nazr did that...jackass.....

Bonner has become the super bonner !!!http://anthonyorsengy.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/0630_superman.jpg

Someone fix that please and we will see chuck norris portray superman!!!!

wisnub
12-13-2008, 02:31 AM
Bonner is good..he'snot going to get traded. Dude is comfortable with Spurs system..and you guys are right, he is becoming more and more solid replacement for Horry (a younger version one). He knocked down 3, active on rebound and give couple of middle range jumpers,does intangible. Anyone think there is not enough minutes for him and Ian is a moron (Is it look like Spurs got too many firepower?) There's always room for anybody that is good in the roster. We need more people to step up..i am concerned with how Celtics playing right now. It seems that they're never stop winning. Spurs should be hungry like that and all Spurs bench should get tougher and meaner than ever before in the court and keep their emotional check when the buzzer end (class act is Spurs trademark).

concken
12-13-2008, 02:43 AM
We need more people to step up..i am concerned with how Celtics playing right now. It seems that they're never stop winning. Spurs should be hungry like that and all Spurs bench should get tougher and meaner than ever before in the court and keep their emotional check when the buzzer end (class act is Spurs trademark).

Just how spurs' fans like, flying low under the radar. Then we pick up our intensity in the playoffs. It's how we've been playing for years and it works.

I'm glad you put the parenthesis with the trademark comment or I woulda been pissed.

mrspurs
12-13-2008, 08:56 AM
I think its not hard to say. Ian couldnt wear Matts jockey strap. I mean not even Fab or Kurt can wear Matts jockeystrap. Thats pretty sad if your a PF or C.

T Park
12-13-2008, 11:18 AM
It was Rasho.

And T Park's post about the Bonner trade being one of the best the franchise made is beyond hilarious.

The Nazr Trade > Bonner trade

Bonner is playing well, but let's not get carried away.

The drAft pick traded to get nazr turned into David Lee. Rasho trade>nazr trade.

T Park
12-13-2008, 11:20 AM
I think its not hard to say. Ian couldnt wear Matts jockey strap. I mean not even Fab or Kurt can wear Matts jockeystrap. Thats pretty sad if your a PF or C.

With how well bonner is playing why is that sad dumbass?

SpurSupremacist
12-13-2008, 02:42 PM
CIA POP at hes best.

I hope this teaches you guys to stfu and stop jumping off the bandwagon when spurs are down.

:cop - Spurs Loyalty Police

Popobitch is the dumbass that had this guy riding the pine, with Robert "I was done 3 years ago" Horry getting his minutes. Don't give any credit to his moronic ass.

HarlemHeat37
12-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I would be mad as hell if we traded Bonner..he's perfect for our team if he continues playing like this..we don't need another banger inside, we need a guy that can take the other team's bigs out of the paint..this allows Duncan to play 1 on 1 inside, this allows Parker and Ginobili to get inside..a big man that can stretch the D is huge..

DPG21920
12-13-2008, 05:17 PM
As I mentioned yesterday, the one thing that has really stood out to me is how good of a passer he has been so far.

mavsfan1000
12-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Bonner is a beast. I agree. He is a better version of Horry this year.

justanotherspursfan
12-13-2008, 10:13 PM
I never believed in Bonner up until now, but he's really turned things around this year.

The argument about trying to split minutes is a nonstarter. If Ian shows up ready to do something, we start by giving him some or all of Fab's minutes and not playing small ball rotations anymore. If both Matt and Ian are so awesome they need tons of minutes, then I suppose we can use them to keep Timmy's minutes down during the regular season. But that's a gigantic if at this point, given Ian's lack of experience up to now.

theredrocket
01-17-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm late to the conversation, I know. But for what it's worth - I had a Matt Bonner jersey when he was here in Toronto and I'm pretty sure I was the first one to order one from the NBA store when he was traded.

Matt hasn't been given the opportunity to get consistent minutes in his career yet and I think this year will be a good launching pad to a long and successful career.

Unlikely he'll turn into an All-Star but I think he can be a legit starter on contending teams for years to come. Especially the way he creates match up problems at the 4 and 5 and spreads the floor nicely with consistent three-point shooting.

Anyhow, there is lots of room on the bandwagon I'm driving.

http://theredrocket.net

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Bump.

Solid D
01-18-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm late to the conversation, I know. But for what it's worth - I had a Matt Bonner jersey when he was here in Toronto and I'm pretty sure I was the first one to order one from the NBA store when he was traded.

Matt hasn't been given the opportunity to get consistent minutes in his career yet and I think this year will be a good launching pad to a long and successful career.

Unlikely he'll turn into an All-Star but I think he can be a legit starter on contending teams for years to come. Especially the way he creates match up problems at the 4 and 5 and spreads the floor nicely with consistent three-point shooting.

Welcome to the Forum.

Matt's 7 Offensive Rebounds versus the Bulls were impressive. :wow

BlackSwordsMan
01-18-2009, 12:03 AM

Hi Matt Bonner.

scanry
01-18-2009, 12:11 AM

That's a lot of work you put into that site. :toast

Josepatches_
01-18-2009, 12:13 AM
I would be mad as hell if we traded Bonner..he's perfect for our team if he continues playing like this..we don't need another banger inside, we need a guy that can take the other team's bigs out of the paint..this allows Duncan to play 1 on 1 inside, this allows Parker and Ginobili to get inside..a big man that can stretch the D is huge..

Yes,Bonner is good to our offense but our defense is worse.Horry was different because he can guard the bigs but Bonner can't.Right now we are not really a better team than last year because our defense aren't as good.And I would say play with only one real big is one of the most important reasons.

intlspurshk
01-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Bonner defense iss still subpar and his offense in high pressure (i.e. playoff) situation is still a big question mark.
I will eat crow when he performs in the playoff but I don't think I have to.

Solid D
01-18-2009, 01:06 AM
The guy has almost no trade value, hes a product of our system. He works hard and is a good shooter but hes not a starter on a good team, he should be not better than a 9th man.

He is killing us on the Defensive side.

He is a starter on a good team. His defense has actually been decent this season.

Rogue
01-18-2009, 01:55 AM
Dirk nowitzki has olajuwon-type of move and Larry Bird-type of shooting skills, but bonner has neither.

Bonner's f**king high 3 rate is more of a benefit from spurs' team-work than his personal abilities, even bowen is also over 40% at the 3-line but we all know bowen is simply a crap at shooting. I'm afraid Dirk would shoot the 3 at 90-100% with a tim-like guy around him.

Ben wallace was the DOY under pistons' systerm while he is just a crap on any other team, bonner is just the same kind of player that only works for one certain team.

Austin_Toros
01-18-2009, 02:19 AM
That and his greatest skill, offensive rebounding, was often mitigated by his need to pump fake four times before trying to put a shot back.

LMFAO!

:lmao:lmao

true that, true that

theredrocket
01-18-2009, 09:20 AM
No doubt Dirk would excel on a team with two other all stars - just like Ray Allen and KG have.

Matt is excelling in the Spurs offence and having a guy like Tim Duncan deserving so much attention and so many double teams a lot of players on the Spurs do better than they would in another system.

My point is with the consistent minutes, Bonner has the opportunity to develop further and could be a starter on other teams. I don't think (and neither does he) that he'll be an all star or more than a role player that helps teams with all stars win.

He's been putting up respectable points and rebounds for the Spurs lately. I wish I could say the same for my Raptors role players!

Dirk nowitzki has olajuwon-type of move and Larry Bird-type of shooting skills, but bonner has neither.

Bonner's f**king high 3 rate is more of a benefit from spurs' team-work than his personal abilities, even bowen is also over 40% at the 3-line but we all know bowen is simply a crap at shooting. I'm afraid Dirk would shoot the 3 at 90-100% with a tim-like guy around him.

Ben wallace was the DOY under pistons' systerm while he is just a crap on any other team, bonner is just the same kind of player that only works for one certain team.

EricB
01-18-2009, 10:10 AM
The guy has a fantastic game last nigt and there are STILL people who want to tear him down?!?! Sigh...

urunobili
01-18-2009, 11:13 AM

Best trade ever for this franchise ever?...

Bonner would need to earn another ring or maybe two being a stud to out bid some other ones, Nazr was a good one back then; at least from 2002 till now...

EricB
01-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Best trade ever for this franchise ever?...

Bonner would need to earn another ring or maybe two being a stud to out bid some other ones, Nazr was a good one back then; at least from 2002 till now...

The nazr trade lost them a draft pick such was used for David Lee.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-18-2009, 02:49 PM
:lol

ClingingMars
01-18-2009, 03:29 PM
No doubt Dirk would excel on a team with two other all stars - just like Ray Allen and KG have.

Matt is excelling in the Spurs offence and having a guy like Tim Duncan deserving so much attention and so many double teams a lot of players on the Spurs do better than they would in another system.

My point is with the consistent minutes, Bonner has the opportunity to develop further and could be a starter on other teams. I don't think (and neither does he) that he'll be an all star or more than a role player that helps teams with all stars win.

He's been putting up respectable points and rebounds for the Spurs lately. I wish I could say the same for my Raptors role players!

just ignore Rogue, he's the defintion of a douchebag.

-Mars

ClingingMars
01-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi Matt Bonner.

LOL

-Mars

SequSpur
01-19-2009, 12:18 AM
He is a starter on a good team. His defense has actually been decent this season.

:sleep

You lose touch with reality more and more every day....

ploto
01-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Bonner is a beast. I agree. He is a better version of Horry this year.

Anyone who believes this must think Horry's only contribution was shooting three's. Bonner- no matter what- will never come close to being any version of Robert Horry.

SequSpur
01-19-2009, 12:21 AM
Frickin Horry could block shots and take up the lane... bonner is frickin hopeless

Manufan909
01-19-2009, 04:39 AM
Anyone who believes this must think Horry's only contribution was shooting three's. Bonner- no matter what- will never come close to being any version of Robert Horry.

If we were talking about last season Horry, I'd have to disagree with you.

m33p0
01-19-2009, 07:40 AM
neither can robert horry.