Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite fortune cookie phrase: "A liar is not believed, even when he's telling the truth".

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this is all true. The NBA is big time entertainment. It's about big big money, gambling and all the corruption that goes hand in hand with sports. Basketball comes in second. But, hey, I like to watch games. What can I say.

Tim Donaghy could be the referee association's and maybe the NBA's Jose Conseco.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The burdon of proof is on Donaghy, not the NBA... unlike baseball there was an FBI investigation came up with nothing...

So in the end the conspiracy theorist have nothing more then some statement made by a drunk that is in jail that has everything to gain for himself by making false statements as such.

Having a feeling and saying they did is two different things.. This thread is not in led I have a feeling the NBA is fixed.

Again.. if there is such a conspiracy that the nba is covering.. I'm just trying to find the logic in this conspiracy and how it benifted them. No one has answered that. One guy said they can only manipulate one series a year (or something like that) so it's not obvious but yet we are talking about a game where the team that the NBA fixed was down 20 and was "handed" the game in what would of been an obvious way. And any an all games that seem to of been "fixed" didn't benift the NBA and the ones that would of were never made.. It just doesn't add up.. Sorry but when you look at the facts and compare it to a feeling it doesn't add up.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    NBA's Conspericay. Check list.

Have Spurs win 4 championships..

Get bad finals matchups..

Have Bron get swept...

Make ratings crash....

Have Yao Ming's (who would give you the greatest world wide coverage) team never get out of first round....

Have Pistons beat Lakers...

Suspend Amare so Spurs win

Don't ever let Suns get to finals

Don't ever let NY in Playoffs.

Get a Spurs/ Pistons Finals.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not forget 1993 WCF and the Suns 64 Free throws, biggest fix ever.
    Oh come now......you seriously don't think the league wanted a Sir Charles vs His Airness finals, instead of a Seattle vs Chicago finals do you?

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    wow you guys sound so jealous of the lakers
    To me this is not about the Lakers.. Its about the NBA overall.
    Have the Lakers got the benifit of the calls.. sure. But to be honest you can say the Spurs have also has received some benifits.

I cannot say the same about my Nuggets...

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You Spurs fans think that if David Sperm did not let Joey Crawford back in the league that he would have spilled his Guts to the world in the biggest Tell all Book story ever! Yes!

You think Donaughy has something to say, just think about Crawford and how much Underhanded he has seen in the last 30 years in the NBA. he probably knows how the Knicks got the no.1 pick for Patrick Ewing in 1985 in the first ever "Draft Lottery"

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Your team is not small market enough Green... see in the land of NBA conspiracy where the NBA controlls the outcome they only let the really really small market teams win 4 championships.. that's his goal cause the NBA is a business and he's out to make money.. or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt the NBA is fixed. Referees are human. And I think NBA refs especially face a lot of behind the scenes scrutiny and harsh talking to by the league front office that we as fans never even hear about. Not only that, but of course refs are going to let who the player is and what arena it's in, and the crowd affect their judgement in one way or another. Superstars are always going to get the benefit of the doubt, period. Parker is going to get a call more so than a Rajan Rondo. Ginobili is going to get a call more so than a Vladamir Radmonovic, etc.

I don't think it's a league wide thing that the NBA is fixed and other than an punished and ex-referee currently on stand for a trial on fixing NBA games, there's really no other hard core proof that the NBA is "fixed."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing they should work on...

--For one, instead of concentrating on the dress codes and addressing "flopping" issues, maybe Stern should do something about the constant whining by ALL NBA players to the refs throughout the course of the game and minimize this. Why not start fining players for this instead of the flopping? It's really getting out of hand and makes the game a lot less fun to watch when you have to watch grown men, and superstars in this league whine like babies to the refs during games...even if they have a legit case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I cannot say the same about my Nuggets...

Maybe because outside of AI, ur entire team is a jumpshooting team and ur not going to get calls for jacking up 3 pointers. Just ask the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your team is not small market enough Green... see in the land of NBA conspiracy where the NBA controlls the outcome they only let the really really small market teams win 4 championships.. that's his goal cause the NBA is a business and he's out to make money.. or something.
    Maybe that small market team has someone who made special friends, a long time ago.
    Maybe that someone "convinced" Stern to eliminate a referee after he ejected an important player of the small market team for laughing while on the bench.
    A fact is that without that referee, that small market team, which is pretty good by the way, won a le.
    Maybe that someone was not that convincing this year, and the "referee" was back blowing wistles in the playoffs. Or, rather, not blowing wistles in G4s.
    And that small market team is out.
    It's not good to be too greedy.

Yet another fact is that the same "referee" was officiating Boston-LA G3, which could, in all theory of course, have eliminated one of the two teams.

A further fact is that the LA star shot 13 FTs in G1 and G2 and 18 in G3.

I guess he was "attacking the rim" more........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Su ious games and or series:

2000 game 7 lakers vs. blazers.
    2001 game 6 lakers vs kings
    .04 derek fisher.
    2006 Mavericks vs heat
    2006 Mavericks vs spurs

add to the list guys...
    Larry Johnson 4 point play against the Pacers in game 3 of the 1999 ECF where he wasn't fouled.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Maybe that small market team has someone who made special friends, a long time ago.
    Maybe that someone "convinced" Stern to eliminate a referee after he ejected an important player of the small market team for laughing while on the bench.
    A fact is that without that referee, that small market team, which is pretty good by the way, won a le.
    Maybe that someone was not that convincing this year, and the "referee" was back blowing wistles in the playoffs. Or, rather, not blowing wistles in G4s.
    And that small market team is out.
    It's not good to be too greedy.

Yet another fact is that the same "referee" was officiating Boston-LA G3, which could, in all theory of course, have eliminated one of the two teams.

A further fact is that the LA star shot 13 FTs in G1 and G2 and 18 in G3.

I guess he was "attacking the rim" more........
    The Conspiracy thickens!!! Now Stern wants Kobe to shoot a lot of freethrows but forgot to tell them to let him shoot them in games one and two!

Yes.. what a shock... he shot more freethrows then in game one and two.. cause of course those games have a baring on what happens in game 3.. and there is no significants to the fact game 3 was a home game for LA.. Give me a break.. you sound like a loon.. I mean exactly how many people were on the grassy nole now?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I'm still waiting to hear how the "conspiracy" Nba lets NY be a lotto team for almost a decade, has Oden and Durrant go to northwest teams, Doesn't let Yao get out of the first round, gives Yi to the Bucks instead of GS, gives the Spurs 4 championships, gives the Spurs the first pick over Boston to get Duncan, lets the Pistons beat the Lakers in 04, Lets the Pistons and Spurs be the teams in the finals for 05, Doesn't let Bron win one game in the finals, Suspends Amare two years ago, Never lets PHX get to the finals, Didn't let the Lakers get out of the first round for years, Has Bron go to Cleveland instead of NY... on and on and on.

I mean this is a really ty run conspiracy.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    OH.. and let the team they have rigged to win be down 20 going into the fourth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all les 2002-2007 deserve *
    Its funny how you want to defend the Lakers when their name was thrown in the conversation, but what would the NBA gain from the Spurs winnin the championship. If foreign fans are a fan of any teams, its prolly the big markets, because I doubt they show Spurs games in Russia over a Celtics, Lakers or even the Knicks game. .4 sec, I mean come on, that guy possesses time-traveling abilities or what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahahaha, yea, one of them came from beating your team, hahahaha, ER

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    It was the Conspiracy.. Stern wanted you guys to win.. he called Larry Brown and told him to put Prince on Duncan so we could lose our lead... You didn't know this? This is all part of The Great Conspiracy. Stern wanted another small market championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Conspiracy thickens!!! Now Stern wants Kobe to shoot a lot of freethrows but forgot to tell them to let him shoot them in games one and two!

Yes.. what a shock... he shot more freethrows then in game one and two.. cause of course those games have a baring on what happens in game 3.. and there is no significants to the fact game 3 was a home game for LA.. Give me a break.. you sound like a loon.. I mean exactly how many people were on the grassy nole now?
    You talk conspiracy.

I talk business.

This is intended to be Boston year.

Book it.

As for NYK, I actually started to pay attention after G3 of the 99 finals. I had never ever witnessed anything like that. Including the games I personally played and that I knew beforehand we couldn't win.

Dream on, dream on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the Conspiracy.. Stern wanted you guys to win.. he called Larry Brown and told him to put Prince on Duncan so we could lose our lead... You didn't know this? This is all part of The Great Conspiracy. Stern wanted another small market championship.
    What do you know EXACTLY about the Brown-Popovich-Stern link?

I bet nothing.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Stern wanted all of this to go away, all he would have to do is allow for a random number generator or lottery ball system to assign his refs to playoff games.

I don't see why he WOULDN'T want to do this if the league was on the up and up.

But he is holding on to control over the officiating assignments with white knuckles. Why is that?

I think the answer is obvious. If he gave up control of the officiating assignments, it would be much harder for the league to manipulate/rig/fix playoff games and he doesn't want to give up that control.

Assign the officials randomly and even though the refs assigned will likely suck, it will take 90% of the conspiracy theories away. Of course, he won't do it because the league DOES manipulate/rig/fix playoff games through the use of the same Circle of 7 officials that have been at the center of these controversies for literally years now.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do you really think your team shooting more FTs in every game of the series vs the Lakers was an accident? Lakers have Shaq and Kobe, yet a jump shooting team shoots more FTs in EVERY game?

What about the 4 jump ball violations to open the first 4 games of the NBA Finals that year? Was that just a random accident?

There haven't been a total of 4 jump ball violations called in the hundreds of playoff games since, yet we see 4 in 4 games in the NBA Finals on taps that were no different than the hundreds of taps before or since.

2004 Finals was the most fixed series of all time, every game was like Game 2 of this year's finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really think your team shooting more FTs in every game of the series vs the Lakers was an accident? Lakers have Shaq and Kobe, yet a jump shooting team shoots more FTs in EVERY game?

What about the 4 jump ball violations to open the first 4 games of the NBA Finals that year? Was that just a random accident?

There haven't been a total of 4 jump ball violations called in the hundreds of playoff games since, yet we see 4 in 4 games in the NBA Finals on taps that were no different than the hundreds of taps before or since.

2004 Finals was the most fixed series of all time, every game was like Game 2 of this year's finals.
    Lakers lose = fix by league against Lakers

Lakers win = fans complaining about officiating are a bunch of unprincipled crybabies

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

Yes.. Stern of course wanted Sheed to win a le! The Conspiracy thickens!!! Sheed threatens refs... Stern hates sheed... Stern tells refs to let sheed get a ring! Stern wanted the Pistons to win so he could change the defensive rules too! Stern wanted the Lakers to lose so Shaq could go to Miami and LA could spend the next 4 years trying to get out of the first round.

Stomping on Laker haters Purple & Gold's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So spur fans only saw one game in the Lakers/Queens 2002 playoff series??

Thread Information