Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    if you know anything about Tim Duncan... it's that he always shows up in the playoffs...
    The Lakers have handled him in playoffs past so he doesn't ALWAYS show up.

You are underestimating the #1 seed and the glamour franchise of the NBA, big time.

I guarantee the Lakers will win the first two games of this series and you will be crying about something instead of facing the reality. And you won't be coming back from 0-2 vs the Lakers, that isn't going to happen.

I'm a chessplayer. Are you?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next year is not even in discussion if Bynum comes back. The Spurs have no chance. The only reason this series is up for grabs is because Bynum is injured.
    When did Andrew Bynum become Chamberlain, Jabbar, and Hakeem combined? The guy's a promising young player and you Laker fans act like you're sitting on the future of the NBA over there.

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, THE FLU??? HAHHAHA. What about Game 5???

Please, everyone is banged up in the playoffs. Kobe has played through far worse.
    Alright, if the Lakers fans want to just be dumbass wads, I guess I might as well start spouting too. Manu=Kobe, Duncan>Gasol, Oberto=Odom, Bowen>Radmanovic, Parker>Fisher. We win. Easy. Next?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are underestimating the #1 seed and the glamour franchise of the NBA, big time.

I guarantee the Lakers will win the first two games of this series and you will be crying about something instead of facing the reality. And you won't be coming back from 0-2 vs the Lakers, that isn't going to happen.
    So you're attracted to glamorous men? It's 2008, so whatever floats your boat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

believe it or not... I would dread playing the Hornets again being down 0-2.. rather than the Lakers....

You guys are a way better match up for the Spurs.. which doesn't make me nervous at all..

You get a guy and all of a sudden you think you're invincible... but you're delusional.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So you're attracted to glamorous men? It's 2008, so whatever floats your boat.
    Kobe is a very glamorous man. I want to live in his guest house and be his pool boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And you are underestimating Ime Udoka, who will eat the Lakers alive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just found the word that sums up Homer Laker fans....

Delusional.

ok I'm done arguing with idiots...t'was fun... back to life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oberto will totally shut down Odom. Duncan will shut down Gasol. Bowen will shut down Bryant. Lakers will be lucky to score 50pts a game.

Let Patty Play austinlakepirate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

I've never seen a PG execute as efficiently as Paul did in that series. West could mostly do no wrong. I still can't figure out how the Spurs managed to win that series. Can the Lakers possibly be tougher?

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oberto will totally shut down Odom. Duncan will shut down Gasol. Bowen will shut down Bryant. Lakers will be lucky to score 50pts a game.
    A Laker fan wanted to name the *purs starting lineup for Game 1, so I posted it on LG:

Tissue Timmy, Fabio, The Butcher, Beak and Tony Longoria

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Laker fan wanted to name the *purs starting lineup for Game 1, so I posted it on LG:

Tissue Timmy, Fabio, The Butcher, Beak and Tony Longoria
    Lakers line-up:
    PG - Mr. Molasses
    SG - The Rapist
    SF - Mr. Invisible
    PF - Sir O. Dumb
    C - Spanish Flu

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When did Andrew Bynum become Chamberlain, Jabbar, and Hakeem combined? The guy's a promising young player and you Laker fans act like you're sitting on the future of the NBA over there.
    If Bynum comes back anything like he was this year along with Kobe, Pau and Odom, the NBA will probably have to break up the team to keep the league compe ive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers line-up:
    PG - Mr. Molasses
    SG - The Rapist
    SF - Mr. Invisible
    PF - Sir O. Dumb
    C - Spanish Flu
    I would go with:
    PG - Mr. Slow
    SG - Trailer Trash Banger
    SF - the space cadet
    PF - the ghost (because he dissapears in big games)
    C - the missing link

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    fail

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Bynum comes back anything like he was this year along with Kobe, Pau and Odom, the NBA will probably have to break up the team to keep the league compe ive.
    Yup, and he's not even 21 yet. The kid has so much untapped potential. The Lakers could end up as one of the most dominant teams ever if he hits anywhere near his ceiling as a player. I kind of like it that nobody is really acknowledging this fact. We're going to surprise a lot of people with a healthy Bynum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would go with:
    PG - Mr. Slow
    SG - Trailer Trash Banger
    SF - the space cadet
    PF - the ghost (because he dissapears in big games)
    C - the missing link

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odom would probably be gone after next year...
    so it will be a great run for the Lakers next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, and he's not even 21 yet. The kid has so much untapped potential. The Lakers could end up as one of the most dominant teams ever if he hits anywhere near his ceiling as a player. I kind of like it that nobody is really acknowledging this fact. We're going to surprise a lot of people with a healthy Bynum.
    Bynum will never be the same, and he wasn't great to begin with. When SPurs get Splitter and Mahinmi next year, we'll dominate the league easily.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Odom would probably be gone after next year...
    so it will be a great run for the Lakers next year
    Is that you Mitch?

The Laker core isn't going to be broken up. I see Odom taking a slight paycut to stay in LA and win championships. He's that kind of guy.

I'm a chessplayer. Are you?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to admit it, Laker Fan - I rather like "Beak" as a nickname for Manu. That's pretty funny.

Similarly, though sarcastically, I now dub Pau Gasol "Chin".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next year is not even in discussion if Bynum comes back. The Spurs have no chance. The only reason this series is up for grabs is because Bynum is injured.
    Oh yeah because Bynum has just proven to be so consistantly great and healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh MY GOD

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh yeah because Bynum has just proven to be so consistantly great and healthy.
    He doesn't have to be great, he just needs to continue on with his 20 and 10. Kobe, Pau and Odom will pick up for the rest of his slack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't have to be great, he just needs to continue on with his 20 and 10. Kobe, Pau and Odom will pick up for the rest of his slack
    He won't average 20 and 10 any more. The knee is gone. Sucks for you.

Thread Information