Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you talking about? Better than any PG in the history of basketball?

Look, I know you are just a blind homer....but that is a very unintelligent statement. His team got blown out in 3 games, didn't win a road game and lost at home in Game 7 where the opposing PG used him over and over again.

That is the best PG series in the history of basketball? OK Okie.
    OK he exaggerated when he said best PG series in history... but it was historical... I mean it's in the books already... he was a stud and virtually unstoppable... he took the Spurs to seven games... and sure they all looked like blowouts but he was still making shots and if you paid attention... the Spurs didn't really beat them that convincingly except for maybe one and a half games..

You need to watch your games before you can open your mouth and let all that fly out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West is the #1 option on the Hornets on offense. Odom is the 3rd option and him getting his 18 will be like Peja getting his 20 points on...very hard to beat.

When the teams are so evenly matched, you gotta look beyond the #1, #2 option for the edge.
    When Paul is in your team.. anyone can be a #1 option.. West just never misses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odom was the best Laker in the Jazz series because they had no defender for him, I expect that to continue.
    Odom is the 3rd option and him getting his 18 will be like Peja getting his 20 points on...very hard to beat.

this is just sad

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You need to watch your games before you can open your mouth and let all that fly out.
    He is an idiot and I called him out as such.

Your statements are also ludicrous, there are many Spurs fans on this board that know I have forgotten more about basketball than a honk like you will ever know.

Chris Paul had a great regular season, a tremendous round 1 of the playoffs and was outstanding in the first 3 games and part of game 5 of the second round.

But bottom line is he was running away from shots in the 4th qtr of game 7 and his airball layup near the end was the final stake in his own team's heart.

Magic Johnson probably had 10 playoff series better than that and he is just one player. I won't even bother with Isiah Thomas or anyone else as I already know I am right.

Stick to football Tex, that might be more your speed. Leave the basketball talk to the big boys.

I'm a chessplayer. Are you?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possibly? Of course. Probably? No.

The Spurs don't have a midget frontcourt like the Jazz do and they have the only guy in the league who bothers Kobe Bryant. Phil is not a big fan of doubling, so good luck with Timmy, LA.

Spurs in six.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan is not going to make or break this series. He and Kobe are the constants in this series.

Ginobli, Parker, Odom, Gasol, and the respective benches are the variables. That is where the game will be decided.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan in round 2
    15.3 ppg
    .421 fg%
    .675 ft%
    13 rpg
    2.7 apg
    1.9 bpg
    2.4 topg

He's so damn unstoppable. I wonder what we are going to do . Duncan has been wildly inconsistent in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan wasnt double during the last meeting of the regular season between lakers and spurs.... and that turned out pretty well for the lakers.
    I see you haven't been schooled yet on Reg Season vs Post-season Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is an idiot and I called him out as such.

Your statements are also ludicrous, there are many Spurs fans on this board that know I have forgotten more about basketball than a honk like you will ever know.

Chris Paul had a great regular season, a tremendous round 1 of the playoffs and was outstanding in the first 3 games and part of game 5 of the second round.

But bottom line is he was running away from shots in the 4th qtr of game 7 and his airball layup near the end was the final stake in his own team's heart.

Magic Johnson probably had 10 playoff series better than that and he is just one player. I won't even bother with Isiah Thomas or anyone else as I already know I am right.

Stick to football Tex, that might be more your speed. Leave the basketball talk to the big boys.
    You forget that Chris Paul played the Spurs... arguably the best defensive team in the playoffs right now. No point guard against the Spurs had ever controlled a game against the Spurs the way he did.. not even Kidd..

The fact is... he was the reason why the Hornets were such a bad match up against every contending team in the West... The Lakers matched up well against the Jazz and you're being delusional thinking that just by beating them you can pretty much cruise by anyone...

I'm glad we get to play the Lakers... so the fans can continue hating the Spurs and continue to be this re ed.

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=SRJ;2520025]The Spurs don't have a midget frontcourt like the Jazz doQUOTE]

Hmmm...Okur is 6'11" and Boozer is 6'9".

Duncan is 6'11" and Obert is 6'10".

Doesn't seem like Utah was that much smaller than SA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

this is just sad
    If Kobe gets his 25, Pau gets his 20 and Odom gets his 18, the Lakers are very hard to beat.

Pesky, you're a smart guy, you know I'm not saying Pau is equal to Duncan, I'm saying he's not going to get wasted by Duncan like some Spur fans say he will.

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan in round 2
    15.3 ppg
    .421 fg%
    .675 ft%
    13 rpg
    2.7 apg
    1.9 bpg
    2.4 topg

He's so damn unstoppable. I wonder what we are going to do . Duncan has been wildly inconsistent in the playoffs.
    You do know that Tim had the flu in the first two games, right? You factored that in, right? Idiot.

Very Tempting Offer
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes the Lakers are better and will play better than the Hornets did. the Spurs will need to be better too and they can be. The last regular season game between the two was a Laker blowout but the Spurs are much better than they showed then (no Manu). That all being said, this will be the Spurs toughest test so far. The Lakers are playing very well and the Spurs need their A game. IMHO Odom and Udoka are going to be the keys in this series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan in round 2
    15.3 ppg
    .421 fg%
    .675 ft%
    13 rpg
    2.7 apg
    1.9 bpg
    2.4 topg

Duncan got swarmed... by 2 or 3 players everytime he touched the ball... the series came down to Tony, Manu, and the 3's... with that said... the series should have ended earlier.. but Tony Manu and the 3's were never consistent....

the first round pretty much shows how TD is in the playoffs... if you know anything about Tim Duncan... it's that he always shows up in the playoffs... I can't believe you aren't surprised by his performance against the Hornets... oh wait.. you're a Laker fan.. I can.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan is NOT going to dominate Gasol. It's laughable that you guys still believe that BS. Do you not remember his craptastic 6-19 performance last time we played? Gasol got two ing blocks on Duncan IIRC.

Gasol plays good man defense against players like him who rely on footwork and fundamentals to outwit their opponent. He does poorly against aggressive, athletic, overpowering players.......which is not really Duncan's game. It's no coincidence that he guarded Duncan very well last time we played, cerebral vs. cerebral.

That being said, Duncan and Kobe don't matter in this series. They are going to get their points no matter who you throw at them. It's going to be decided by the role players.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You do know that Tim had the flu in the first two games, right? You factored that in, right? Idiot.
    Oh, THE FLU??? HAHHAHA. What about Game 5???

Please, everyone is banged up in the playoffs. Kobe has played through far worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could but they won't... These Lakers aren't battle tested like the old...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan is NOT going to dominate Gasol. It's laughable that you guys still believe that BS. Do you not remember his craptastic 6-19 performance last time we played? Gasol got two ing blocks on Duncan IIRC.

Gasol plays good man defense against players like him who rely on footwork and fundamentals to outwit their opponent. He does poorly against aggressive, athletic, overpowering players.......which is not really Duncan's game. It's no coincidence that he guarded Duncan very well last time we played, cerebral vs. cerebral.

That being said, Duncan and Kobe don't matter in this series. They are going to get their points no matter who you throw at them. It's going to be decided by the role players.
    Please enlighten me.. when was game?

It's no secret that Duncan never played to his full potential in the regular season....

why can't you idiots see that? .. why do people keep bringing up the regular season?

This is not the regular season... This is not the same Spurs team... but you will get to see that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course. And I believe that they will become even stronger next year as the Celtics. So we gotta manage to get better players this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waste of time trying to compare. The next round you always turn it up, regardless of the opponent. This isn't about the Lakers, its about how we play from here on out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, THE FLU??? HAHHAHA. What about Game 5???

Please, everyone is banged up in the playoffs. Kobe has played through far worse.
    Kobe has a shot... He's played games with only that....

Duncan doesn't have that good of a shot..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Next year is not even in discussion if Bynum comes back. The Spurs have no chance. The only reason this series is up for grabs is because Bynum is injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next year is not even in discussion if Bynum comes back. The Spurs have no chance. The only reason this series is up for grabs is because Bynum is injured.
    Excuses, excuses.

I'm a chessplayer. Are you?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm...Okur is 6'11" and Boozer is 6'9".
    1) Boozer is listed at 6'9". That looks generous to me.
    2) Exactly how much time does Okur spend in the paint? He might as well be 6'3" with all the threes he shoots.
    3) Why did you stop at the starters? Millsap, who I like a lot, is 6'8"; KT is 6'10". Horry is 6'10". The Spurs C's and PF's as a group are longer than Utah's and are a much better bet to contest the interior better than Utah. Utah's preferred method of defense is the personal foul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rofl........

omfg...

Laker fans are just... hilarious...

It's pretty much like Celtic fans saying that if Ray Allen were on the team next year no one would have a chance... if he were hurt...

Thread Information