Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    put this loss on Tim. No matter who they put on him on defense (Hayes, Scola, Yao), he didn't move well or shoot up to par. They are going to get a lot of rebounds when he shoots 5-15.

Remember that Houston won 52 games last year with Yao and TMac sidelined for a lot of games. They will be in the fight in the West this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Yao and McGrady are healthy, Houston will always be a threat/contender. Yao is a mismatch for every single player in the league and McGrady is an offensive threat to anyone and puts pressure on your defense. That combined with the fact that with Adelman as the coach, their offense will be even more potent (a problem the last few seasons I think), I think this is the year they finally get out of the 1st round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What appears to be getting lost in this discussion is that the Rockets are just a superior team this season. Yao's size is clearly too much for Duncan. They have an excellent new coach in Adelman who Bonzi will actually play for. And they are able to beat the Spurs with TMac having an off night. Things don't look good for the Spurs.

I thought I told you to step up your game this season? This is the same weak ass trolling you've brought for the last two seasons at least. Get some new material.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TlongII's a one trick pony. If you can't bring anything useful to the table and are basically just a resident troll, at least bring some variety. Your stuff isn't even worth reading anymore, it's all just the same stuff over and over.

Believe.
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Rockets fan here.

Ugly game last night. Both team looked sluggish and sloppy at times. The Rockets were on an back to back schedule, and they just played Mavs at Dallas on Monday. Tmac forced the issue in that game, probably tired himself, and therefore he was lethargic in the game.

I agree Spurs didnt look to be in playoff form either despite winning 4 games. But they are just coasting right now.

If Rockets and Spurs were to meet in the playoff, it's going to be of a series. Yao's length bothers TD, not only in this one game. Yall can see TD's frustration whenever he had to shoot over Yao. Yao stands there just engulfed TD. TD's best bet aginst Yao I think is at elbow, with a little more space to operate. TD's mobility bothers Yao. If TD's catches the ball at low post, Yao usually wins the battle.

Parker needs to be aggressive against Houston, which he wasnt. All in all, I think Spurs and Rockets evenly match up with each other. It's going to be tough for either team. It's the little thing and luck that probably dicate the outcome.

Now, I have to shout out this. I hate Manu and his drama queen flop, of course with all the respect.

Peace out. See you next game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks sa_butta and ploto. My previous posts were from work and I didn't have time to check. You confirmed what I remembered from last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets fan here.

Ugly game last night. Both team looked sluggish and sloppy at times. The Rockets were on an back to back schedule, and they just played Mavs at Dallas on Monday. Tmac forced the issue in that game, probably tired himself, and therefore he was lethargic in the game.

I agree Spurs didnt look to be in playoff form either despite winning 4 games. But they are just coasting right now.

If Rockets and Spurs were to meet in the playoff, it's going to be of a series. Yao's length bothers TD, not only in this one game. Yall can see TD's frustration whenever he had to shoot over Yao. Yao stands there just engulfed TD. TD's best bet aginst Yao I think is at elbow, with a little more space to operate. TD's mobility bothers Yao. If TD's catches the ball at low post, Yao usually wins the battle.

Parker needs to be aggressive against Houston, which he wasnt. All in all, I think Spurs and Rockets evenly match up with each other. It's going to be tough for either team. It's the little thing and luck that probably dicate the outcome.

Now, I have to shout out this. I hate Manu and his drama queen flop, of course with all the respect.

Peace out. See you next game.
    Good first post. Welcome to the board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe Yao is that good...
    It is not easy to say that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One note to file away on the Rox: full court press is tough for them to handle. They have a big heavy team, not fast guys with good handle. Smokin'

Believe.
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    One note to file away on the Rox: full court press is tough for them to handle. They have a big heavy team, not fast guys with good handle. Smokin'

That's a major reason why we still keep Rafer and Francis is on the bench. Yall saw last night 3-4 mintues till the end, Spurs making a push on us. Mike James offensively is more of weapon for us, and Rafer's offense is as ugly as the "Tony Parker wanna be" tear drop of his. But Rafer is an excellent ball handler. Other than that, there is really no reason for him to start and finish game for us while Francis is on the pine not seeing any minutes.
    Last edited by YallMean; 11-07-2007 at 02:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good early season loss. There's a bit too much hubris in the air about this team being a 'dynasty'. Hopefully some other team will hit their stride too soon and earn the mantle of prohibitive '08 NBA Champs by February. The Spurs are at their best when they are forgotten.

Didn't get to see the game, but the single digit 3 point attempts stuck out like a sore thumb. As did the rebounding disparity. What wonders a Reggie Evans would do for this team. Not that I expect the Spurs to make a mid-season move, but if the right PF or C became available it might be worth the Spurs exploring that route.

Anyways, it's November 7th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS...Spurs got 8 rebounds from their swingman rotation. Feels kinda light.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    TlongII's a one trick pony. If you can't bring anything useful to the table and are basically just a resident troll, at least bring some variety. Your stuff isn't even worth reading anymore, it's all just the same stuff over and over.

Attack the post, not the poster! But...........................you can't do that, can you? It's all right. All good things must come to an end. I'm actually a bit sad to see that the Spurs are outclassed this early. I would prefer that the Blazers knock them off the throne, but it appears that we will have to deal with Houston.

By the way. That sound you just heard? It was the window of opportunity slamming shut for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

By the way. That sound you just heard? It was the window of opportunity slamming shut for the Spurs.

Nah, that was just Oden hitting the floor.

Believe.
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    If you go back and watch previous Rockets/Spurs games it’s obvious that Yao’s length gives Duncan some trouble. I’m not saying Yao is a Duncan stopper, but it is clearly hard to shoot over a 7’6 dude. Duncan’s offensive game is built more on fundamentals and power and less on athleticism (either too strong for folks in the post or can shoot over dudes). The guys that give Yao problems are the ones that can easily go around him (Amare, Boozer) because he is so slow. Yao has always done a decent job on traditional bigs.

Last night was just one game but I did see some trends that should make this a compe ive series this season:

A) We still have no defensive answer at PF for Duncan. However Yao can hold him for stretches. Does this mean a Yao/Duncan matchup come 4th quarter time?
    B) The Rockets have two big guards that can score, but y’all only have one perimeter player who can contain big perimeter players (Bowen). What’s up with the dude y’all just acquired? Is he any good and will he get PT?
    C) We still have no answer for Parker, or any other PG that can create their own offense.
    D) We can stay in a game (well, at least keep scoring) when our bench comes in (Wells, James, Scola – even though he sucked last night). Francis still hasn’t played yet.
    E) Adelman’s system gets our stars easy buckets now.
    F) Robert Horry is an important piece of the team.

I still feel like SA is the best team in the league but I like the changes my Rockets have made. I still think Dallas has matchup advantages over both of our squads, depending on which Dirk comes to play. Our division should be the leagues toughest again (and I haven’t even mentioned the Hornets yet).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Attack the post, not the poster! But...........................you can't do that, can you? It's all right. All good things must come to an end. I'm actually a bit sad to see that the Spurs are outclassed this early. I would prefer that the Blazers knock them off the throne, but it appears that we will have to deal with Houston.

I'm not attacking you bud, I'm attacking your weak trolling post - the same one you use over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

That sound you hear is the tearing of the knee of that 50 year old er the Blazers believed was 18!

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry, but your posts have no substance to attack. Seriously, if you can't be imaginative, you might as well just paste the same stupid into your posts or retire. I suppose I could just respond by asking how that Sam Bowie pick is turning out; it's a bit more clever than anything you've posted lately.

If the Rockets can hold Duncan to 30 percent shooting from the floor and out-rebound the Spurs by 27, 21 of them offensive, then they can expect to win close games at home. As a Spurs fan, I'm shaking in my boots.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yao proved me wrong last night, because I did not believe he had the stamina to last that many minutes and play well. Can he keep it up for 82 games plus the playoffs? Who knows. This Houston team has a lot of weapons. Battier is one of the NBA's best defenders, Bonzi is long for his position and the Spurs can't contain him, Yao is a freak of nature, T-mac has the skills of Kobe or Wade, and Scola brings energy off the bench.

Out of all the Spurs current and potential bigs, which ones cn play Yao, other than Duncan? Oberto is too small, and Elson not pushy enough. Splitter has great size and strength, but he's 1-2 years away.

I still think in a 7 game series the Spurs win against the Rockets. Duncan, Manu, Bowen and Parker are just tougher, more compe ive players. But the West is so deep anything could happen. New Orleans could also be in the mix.

Yeah, plus Mike James has been a God-sent too...hitting 3s, driving the lane for easy buckets or assists...scoring punch off the bench.

I want to see this!!!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackie Butler kicked our ass.

Thread Information