Page 101 of 133 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3318
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot

5) How to place them precisely at the floors of impact for both towers in the first place.

6) How to make the "molten steel" fountain at only one corner of one tower (coincidentally where a banks of lead acid batteries were known to have existed) and nowhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of this was in the 911 Commission report, nor in the NIST analysis....your speculating....could have been fairies and pixie dust too...or thermite
    Let's put this into some perspective. Let's see how this would play in court.

Is is possible to conclusively identify a molten metal from a photograph or eyewitness account?
    No.

Do banks, as a matter of course, have large battery backups to keep their computers running in the case of a blackout?
    Yes.

Was there a large bank on the floor where this molten material was noted?
    Yes.

Do the plans note that space was occupied by "UPS"?
    Yes.

Is UPS a common acronym for "Uninterruptible Power Supply"?
    Yes.

Are most large battery arrays made from lead-acid batteries?
    Yes.

Would these batteries melt and short out when exposed to an uncontrolled office fire?
    Yes.

What would that look like?
    Electric arcing, a white-colored intensely bright fire, some explosions due to hydrogen gas from the batteries.

If a large bank of these, sufficient to provide power for a large bank's computer system were exposed to such a fire with temperatures normally associated with such fires, describe what would happen to the battery array.
    The liquids in the battery, a strong lead-acid would start to heat and give off hydrogen gas in large amounts, leading to a series of explosions sounding much like sequential gun fire. As the fire progressed, the casings would melt, and a large amount of pure molten lead from the interior anodic and cathodic plates would start running down to the floor ac ulating in a large puddle.

Would this be consistant with eyewitness accounts?
    Yes.

Would this puddle then flow, like any liquid, seeking the lowest point due to gravity?
    Yes.

---------------------------------------------------------

Now enter the truther to the stand.

You have shown it is possible to cut vertical columns using thermite, and contend that "super-thermite" was used to cut columns, leading to the collapse of these buildings.

How much super-thermite would be required?
    I don't know.

Can you tell me if it was available in the large quan ies in 2001?
    No.

Your method for cutting vertical columns requires some pretty specific equipment, the "cutters" from the video that are not completely destroyed in the process. Do you have any pictures of these cutters being found at ground zero afterwards?
    No.

Do you have any eyewitness testimony from the professional firefighters, or steelworkers noting the existance of these devices when they combed over the area intensively in the period after the collapse?
    No.

Would these cutters have been completely destroyed in the process?
    No.

How many cutters would have been required to collapse the building in the manner you suggested?
    Hundreds, if not thousands.

To place these hundreds or thousands of devices, would access to the structural members be required?
    Yes.

What would that have entailed?
    Cutting through a lot of existing interior walls.

Would this have created some pretty notable disruptions to the crowded offices where this activity was taking place?
    Yes.

Do you have any testimony or accounts of this happening?
    No.

How much labor would have been required to place these cutters in sufficient numbers to implode the buildings in the manner you propose?
    Thousands of man-hours.

Do you have any witnesses that describe such large amounts of unusual activity?
    No.

You say that the material falling from the 80th floor is molten steel from this process. Is it possible to conclusively determine the composition of a molten metal from pictures or video?
    No.

You have an eyewitness claiming it was "molten steel". Did he test the pools of molten metal for chemical composition?
    No.

How did he arrive at the conclusion that it was molten steel?
    He looked at it.

How is that different from looking at a picture of molten metal and trying to determine what kind of metal it is?
    It isn't.

If the material was molten steel, and you theorize that almost all the other floors had such devices all melting steel at the same time, would there be other pools or streams of material?
    Yes.

Were there any other places where such streams of material were witnessed?
    No.

So the only stream of molten material witnesses just happened to be in the general area of a large array of lead-acid batteries?
    Yes.

No further questions.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 03-19-2011 at 12:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You consistantly ignore relevant questions when they are put to you in this forum, but you cannot dodge them in court, and neither would your "experts" be able to under oath.

That is really where the weakness of your "thermite" theory rests.

I don't mind dishonesty on the part of you or your experts, but such dishonesty is called "perjury" when applied to witnesses under oath and it is a crime, and courts tend to view that pretty dimly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot

5) How to place them precisely at the floors of impact for both towers in the first place.

6) How to make the "molten steel" fountain at only one corner of one tower (coincidentally where a banks of lead acid batteries were known to have existed) and nowhere else.
    I got there, just had to type up a quick exchange.

I was going to ask Dan/mouse those questions, but we all know they would avoid/ignore/lie in response, so I thought it best to provide the honest answers and short cut the process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am still left with the impression that the guy was lying to me by omission.
    So there you have it, this evidence is busted because RandomLie has 'an impression'...

....disagree with the status quo and you are dealt with......what a joke....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) The requirement to have access to all the columns, including the requirement to cut through office walls to access the appropriate columns.

2) The sheer amount of labor it would take.

3) The massive amount of heat and smoke produced.

4) How to proof his cutters against the shock of impact and fire.
    This is RandomLie's only forum weapon....try to bury you with details that you couldn't possibly know without a real September 11 investigation....pathetic....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is is possible to conclusively identify a molten metal from a photograph or eyewitness account?
    No.
    Yet your convinced its lead from batteries...do you have physical evidence that the heat in that specific part of the building was hot enough and was sustained long enough to melt batteries and that these batteries in fact melted...

No...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either we believe that a group of 19 militants, part of an organization with a history of attacks against these United States, carried out the 9-11 attacks by exploiting various weaknesses in commercial airline security, immigration processes, and national intelligence or we believe in some kind of nebulous conspiracy (the members of whom, and goals thereof, changes with each passing day) which would require an incredible degree of secrecy, high levels of technical execution, rampant willingness to risk disgrace and financial and legal repercussions if their involvement was disclosed, and a fair amount of overkill given that even if the WTC towers did not fall, this nation would still have been in the frame of mind to go to war (the one constant goal of the shadowy, make believe league of treasonous villains).

Anyone who is sane or has actually managed to move out of mom's basement can figure out which scenario is more likely. The end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the plans note that space was occupied by "UPS"?
    Yes.
    Your speculating again....now without any proof, the intense fire was sustained in that one area of the building long enough and the battery lead pooled...then fairies flew from your ass....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either we believe that a group of 19 militants, part of an organization with a history of attacks against these United States, carried out the 9-11 attacks by exploiting various weaknesses in commercial airline security, immigration processes, and national intelligence or we believe in some kind of nebulous conspiracy (the members of whom, and goals thereof, changes with each passing day) which would require an incredible degree of secrecy, high levels of technical execution, rampant willingness to risk disgrace and financial and legal repercussions if their involvement was disclosed, and a fair amount of overkill given that even if the WTC towers did not fall, this nation would still have been in the frame of mind to go to war (the one constant goal of the shadowy, make believe league of treasonous villains).

Anyone who is sane or has actually managed to move out of mom's basement can figure out which scenario is more likely. The end.

Or, even the militants were mere patsies in the larger scheme of things...

....follow the money....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The legacy of the cottage conspiracy theory industry spawned by the JFK assassination and penny ante utilitarian materialism rampant in American life. Show that someone benefits somehow and the conspiracy is proven. Qed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are most large battery arrays made from lead-acid batteries?
    Yes.
    That's your best evidence if you had to go to a court-of-law? Seriously?

Can you prove that those specific UPS were lead-acid battery?
    Was it possible to produce the amount of lead scene in the video?
    How many battery lead would have to pool to create that amount of lead?
    Was the fire hot enough to melt batteries in that specific area?
    Was the fire sustained long enough to melt batteries in that specific area?
    Do you have physical evidence of melted batteries?
    Do you have physical evidence that batteries exploded?

....Once again......No....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The legacy of the cottage conspiracy theory industry spawned by the JFK assassination and penny ante utilitarian materialism rampant in American life. Show that someone benefits somehow and the conspiracy is proven. Qed.
    Yeah, heads rolled after 9/11...

NOT!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And so the initial conspiracy grows larger and more elaborate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would your evidence of wrong doing be a youtube video?

burden of proof does not go this way.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Excellent Juan Cole video destroys National Geographic and proves that thermite can be used to cut steel beams

What good does that do when the chemical markers that would be present were not? Tell me, how much of that oxidized aluminum did they find? Finding aluminum, iron, and other elements is not the same as finding specific markers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Can you prove that those specific UPS were lead-acid battery?"

I personally cannot. Nor do I care to fully flesh out everything for you. Sorry. It would be a fairly accessible item of information for the bank's IT director, I suppose.

Have at it.

FWIW:
    Almost all UPSes use lead-acid batteries, like most car batteries.
    http://www.jetcafe.org/npc/doc/ups-faq.html

"Was it possible to produce the amount of lead scene [sic] in the video?"

I think one of you truthers actually calculated the volume. It didn't seem to be on the scale that would rule out a large room full of industrial UPS batteries. I used to work in a building with an entire large room devoted to such UPS'. They were big, with several rows.

As for the rest of it:
    These kinds of batteries do not react well to fires. Any car buff will tell you about the amount of hydrogen produced by any acid battery, lead or not.

I do not have any physical evidence of melted batteries, nor do I need to have them. All I need to do is to show they were there before hand.

You're cute, but your attempt at cross-examination is weaksauce on bread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is RandomLie's only forum weapon....try to bury you with details that you couldn't possibly know without a real September 11 investigation....pathetic....
    It was rather specifically remarked by many firefighters and investigators that they didn't see any kinds of remnants of explosive devices.

We don't need a specific "real" investigation to make the leap of logic that hundreds or thousands of thermite cutting devices would have stood out like a sore thumb to the professionals at the scene.

That isn't a trivial "detail", Dan. That is a fatal flaw in your theory.

As much as you might try to weasel out of it, you ain't got jack to show any such devices at the scene.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    We have hundreds of computers and UPS' where I work. Every one of them uses one or more 12V lead acid batteries ranging in size from just smaller than motorcycle size battery, or larger. The building I work in is a single floor, 4.4 acre footprint. Not multiple stories of a 1 acre footprint.
    Last edited by Wild Cobra; 03-19-2011 at 10:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your speculating again....now without any proof, the intense fire was sustained in that one area of the building long enough and the battery lead pooled...then fairies flew from your ass....
    It is not speculation to say that explanation is fully aligned with what was observed.

I cannot state for certain that was what happened. I was not there.

I cannot rule it out, though, and it is pretty plausible.

Your theory can be ruled out, because in order for it to be the correct one, the event would have looked far different.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Isn't it funny how conspiracy theorists will hang on to implausible and impossible explanations, but discount far more probable explanations they don't like...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or, even the militants were mere patsies in the larger scheme of things...

....follow the money....
    What money?

What do you think really happened on 9/11?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What good does that do when the chemical markers that would be present were not? Tell me, how much of that oxidized aluminum did they find? Finding aluminum, iron, and other elements is not the same as finding specific markers.
    It's very likely that a thermite reaction was produced by molten aluminum from the plane and water, lime, gypsum and rust also present in the fires

http://www.911myths.com/WTCTHERM.pdf

This idea that it was battery lead is bogus, even FEMA and NIST speculated that the molten metal was aluminum.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't it funny how conspiracy theorists will hang on to implausible and impossible explanations, but discount far more probable explanations they don't like...
    I know, but RandomLie and Chumpy buy into their own lies, so what do you do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously dan, which part of the battery theory do you think is bogus.

Be specific.

I would tell you exactly what part of your theory I thought was bogus.

If you had a theory, that is....

Thread Information