My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like a woman with an open mind.

GOP chairwoman calls for 'complete review' of NSA eavesdropping

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Breaking with the White House, Rep. Heather Wilson, R-New Mexico, chairwoman of the House Subcommittee on Technical and Tactical Intelligence, says the time has come for a "complete review" of President Bush's eavesdropping program, her spokesman said Wednesday.

Wilson, who chairs a panel that oversees the National Security Agency, also wants Congress to change a 1978 foreign intelligence law following the disclosure of the NSA program, Joel Hannahs, Wilson's spokesman, said.

She believes she has a cons utional responsibility to oversee this program, and the House Intelligence Committee is en led to full briefings, he said.

Hannahs also said that Wilson believes the 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act needs to be updated to "take into account new technology." The law governs the monitoring of calls inside the United States for national security reasons.

The White House has insisted that it has the legal authority to monitor terror-related international communications in cases where one party to the call is in the United States.

Senior administration officials also say they were within the law when they chose to brief only Congress' so-called "Gang of Eight" -- the leaders of the House and Senate and its intelligence committees.

While the Gang of Eight can be notified, Wilson believes "that is not oversight," Hannahs said.

Aboard Air Force One, White House spokesman Scott McClellan on Wednesday reiterated the administration's position that Congress has been briefed. He said the White House "will continue to listen" to ideas from Congress.

Yes, I like this woman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do I find this not surprising you like this woman. , you like the Muslims
    doing their thing around the world. They have rights, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I need to wiretap this woman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do I find this not surprising you like this woman. , you like the Muslims
    doing their thing around the world. They have rights, right?
    Show me where I've made that post and you'll get no argument from me.

You and Yonivore sure do know how to spin. Try again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You and Yonivore sure do know how to spin.
    Hey, that's my job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^You are the one worried about the Terrior Bill of Rights. That isn't spin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^You are the one worried about the Terrior Bill of Rights. That isn't spin.
    Hey looky here Zebra. I don't even know how you can type with your hoofs, but you better watch what you say to me. The 435 ammendment gives me the right to take yur ass out anytime I feel like it in "times of war".

And I don't no nothin about no terrier dogs neither.

God Bless America

Thread Information