My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    https://www.foxsports.com/watch/fmc-3rge8rqo1qe2kojq

I don't know if 30, but I'm laughing out loud at how worked up NFL related people are getting over the pretty obvious fact that is way easier to transition from the NBA to the NFL than the other way around, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 1 Week Ago at 02:35 AM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    A couple of hits and those dudes would be out tbh. They could play for sure. But would they last an entire season? I doubt that

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    A couple of hits and those dudes would be out tbh. They could play for sure. But would they last an entire season? I doubt that
    So? Many NFL players don't last an entire season either. The point here is that NBA guys could make it to the NFL if they wanted it. Not a single NFL player could sniff the NBA, tbh.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Also, I really doubt that if guys like Lebron, Ant, Giannis, Westbrook, etc. Conditioned their body to play football, they would have a harder time dealing with physicality than the regular NFL player, tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So? Many NFL players don't last an entire season either. The point here is that NBA guys could make it to the NFL if they wanted it. Not a single NFL player could sniff the NBA, tbh.
    I think they would quit. The mentality between the two is just different. Also I'm not sure if they would make the NFL. If we are being for real. Just because they are athletic doesn't mean they can catch. Just bc they are big doesn't mean they can pass block. There are alot of skills in the NFL that these NBA players don't have and can't do.

Like they had Russ as a running back. In what universe would he be a running back?

That aside I wish NBA players would compare themselves to the league of the past. How about instead of saying they could be in the NFL, they say well we can play 82 games. That we won't load manage anymore. That the regular season does matter. Imagine Kawhi telling Larry Bird I'm going to rest in the regular season. Bird wouldn't want him as a teammate. That's the kinda stuff I want to here from Today's NBA. Instead of how "great" they are

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I think they would quit. The mentality between the two is just different. Also I'm not sure if they would make the NFL. If we are being for real. Just because they are athletic doesn't mean they can catch. Just bc they are big doesn't mean they can pass block. There are alot of skills in the NFL that these NBA players don't have and can't do.

Like they had Russ as a running back. In what universe would he be a running back?

That aside I wish NBA players would compare themselves to the league of the past. How about instead of saying they could be in the NFL, they say well we can play 82 games. That we won't load manage anymore. That the regular season does matter. Imagine Kawhi telling Larry Bird I'm going to rest in the regular season. Bird wouldn't want him as a teammate. That's the kinda stuff I want to here from Today's NBA. Instead of how "great" they are
    Rugby players and basketball college players that never played football as kids or teenagers make it to the NFL constantly. Football is probably the sport that requires the less skill out of all the professional ones. That's why guys like these can make the transition.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Rugby players and basketball college players that never played football as kids or teenagers make it to the NFL constantly. Football is probably the sport that requires the less skill out of all the professional ones. That's why guys like these can make the transition.
    Yeah no. Football has a lot of skill to it. To think otherwise is dumb. Basketball really doesn’t have that much skill to it. There’s lots of people in parks that can make the nba. Even nba players themselves constantly say they aren’t the best basketball players.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Yeah no. Football has a lot of skill to it. To think otherwise is dumb. Basketball really doesn’t have that much skill to it. There’s lots of people in parks that can make the nba. Even nba players themselves constantly say they aren’t the best basketball players.
    Of course football has skill, nothing compared to other sports though. Any non professional player would look ridiculous just dribling the ball up the court on the NBA. It really isn't even comparable. I realize you like football more than basketball, but it is laughable to argue football requires more skill.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Of course football has skill, nothing compared to other sports though. Any non professional player would look ridiculous just dribling the ball up the court on the NBA. It really isn't even comparable. I realize you like football more than basketball, but it is laughable to argue football requires more skill.
    Quarterback is the most difficult position to play in sports. To say otherwise imo is not factual. I like basketball waaaay more than football to play. I think the skill part is overrated. You don’t have to worry about getting blasted when you shoot a shot like you do in football. Like if Steph Curry was tackled every time he shot a 3 then you can compare it. But if you watch a QB dodge giant ass DLmen and then step into the hit and deliver a ball 50 yards away in a spot that only their receiver can catch it… that sounds a little more skilled to me then shooting a step back 3

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Quarterback is the most difficult position to play in sports. To say otherwise imo is not factual. I like basketball waaaay more than football to play. I think the skill part is overrated. You don’t have to worry about getting blasted when you shoot a shot like you do in football. Like if Steph Curry was tackled every time he shot a 3 then you can compare it. But if you watch a QB dodge giant ass DLmen and then step into the hit and deliver a ball 50 yards away in a spot that only their receiver can catch it… that sounds a little more skilled to me then shooting a step back 3
    I didn't say anything about QB, tbh. I obviously don't think any guy from the NBA can get to the NFL and play QB.

Any other position, though? They don't require anywhere close to the level of skill the worst player on any other professional sport has. Football is more about physicality than skill, that's why folks from other sports can transition to the NFL, while that doesn't happen in any other sport (aside from baseball. Lol baseball).

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I didn't say anything about QB, tbh. I obviously don't think any guy from the NBA can get to the NFL and play QB.

Any other position, though? They don't require anywhere close to the level of skill the worst player on any other professional sport has. Football is more about physicality than skill, that's why folks from other sports can transition to the NFL, while that doesn't happen in any other sport (aside from baseball. Lol baseball).
    I feel they don’t translate to the nba due to height more than anything. There are so many unskilled basketball players in the nba. Even today. But they are tall so they have a role. But QB is part of football and the most important part of football so I include it. I think being a receiver takes great talent. Just being able to catch the ball and being athletic doesn’t make you a great receiver. I personally believe that today’s nba players are soft. Not all of them but the majority. And you can’t be soft and play football. Shannon Sharpe spoke on it on his podcast and him and 85 were cracking up at the thought of nba players being in the nfl. They just don’t have the technique for it. And it isn’t something that they can learn in a summer. Only NFL positions I can see an nba player play are safety and kicker. That’s it. And those aren’t exactly important positions (safety more so than kicker).

Baseball is extremely difficult tbh. Yeah you have the rare cases of Bo and Prime. But being able to hit a 100 mph fastball and a 83 breaking ball is an impossible ask to most athletes. Even arm strength when it comes to throwing other athletes can’t replicate it. Again it comes down to technique but outfielders are throwing the ball on a dime 95 mph. It’s an impressive sport when you actually understand it.

To me this is like NBA players thinking they can be a pro golfer bc they are scratch golfers at the local courses. Yeah Curry is a great golfer. But he could never make the tour. Even with training. Some NBA players might be great at football, it doesn’t mean he could play in the league. But it’s funny coming from Austin Rivers bc the dude couldn’t play basketball to begin with.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I feel they don’t translate to the nba due to height more than anything. There are so many unskilled basketball players in the nba. Even today. But they are tall so they have a role. But QB is part of football and the most important part of football so I include it. I think being a receiver takes great talent. Just being able to catch the ball and being athletic doesn’t make you a great receiver. I personally believe that today’s nba players are soft. Not all of them but the majority. And you can’t be soft and play football. Shannon Sharpe spoke on it on his podcast and him and 85 were cracking up at the thought of nba players being in the nfl. They just don’t have the technique for it. And it isn’t something that they can learn in a summer. Only NFL positions I can see an nba player play are safety and kicker. That’s it. And those aren’t exactly important positions (safety more so than kicker).

Baseball is extremely difficult tbh. Yeah you have the rare cases of Bo and Prime. But being able to hit a 100 mph fastball and a 83 breaking ball is an impossible ask to most athletes. Even arm strength when it comes to throwing other athletes can’t replicate it. Again it comes down to technique but outfielders are throwing the ball on a dime 95 mph. It’s an impressive sport when you actually understand it.

To me this is like NBA players thinking they can be a pro golfer bc they are scratch golfers at the local courses. Yeah Curry is a great golfer. But he could never make the tour. Even with training. Some NBA players might be great at football, it doesn’t mean he could play in the league. But it’s funny coming from Austin Rivers bc the dude couldn’t play basketball to begin with.
    Dude, we don't need to imagine. There are guys that never played football in their life that literally said "I'm a full grown adult but let's try this football " and made it to the NFL, some even at probowl level. That's because the "skill" or "technique" required in football is minimal compared to other sports.

That just can't happen in the NBA. You need to have played basketball since a kid and be the best in your school/town/country to even dream about making the league, and many times even that's not enough.

You are being too emotional biased about this, that's the only reason one could even conceive this being an argument, tbh.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Post Count
    This may be the stupidest discussion ever

I mean we have actual real life examples of college hoops players hitting their ceiling, knowing they won't be pro in that sport, transitioning to football, and having a HOF career. Can't name it the other way around.

If you were good enough to do either you would choose basketball it's a no brainer.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    He’s not entirely wrong. However, they (NBA) are the softest players of any of the 4 major professional US sports. Joel Embiid would shred bilateral ACL/MCL/LCLs and have both meniscuses explode if he had to run a simple 5-yard out pattern.

That's really all the football guys have to fall back on. "Oh you guys aren't tough enough for this sport". But then hockey players have a gripe.

Thread Information