Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ran 100,000 simulations on Tankathon and approximately 10.5% of the time we got the #1 pick. I'm going to increase the iterations to one million and see if that improves our odds.

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fully expecting the TOR pick not to convey. And our pick to fall for the first time in franchise history. Just feel like it’s our time tbh. We’re still the only team to never have a lottery pick fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fully expecting the TOR pick not to convey. And our pick to fall for the first time in franchise history. Just feel like it’s our time tbh. We’re still the only team to never have a lottery pick fall.
    Well, they've only had seven lottery picks in their entire history. And two of them were at 11 and 12, which are basically impossible to move down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if only we fell 30 spots in 2021 so we would have avoided primo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I look at the 2025 draft the more I am hoping this happens as far as Raptors pick

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hoping we do not get a top pick in this draft because it would be an expensive rookie... and it would be really su ious to get 3 number 1 picks in a row (when we draft Flagg to play next to Wemby)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read somewhere that this years draft got moved to 2pm on abc. The night game is on TNT so ESPN has to adjust to show it before the early Knicks/Pacers game.

Also, the draft is happening on Mother’s Day.

EDIT: Keith Smith tweeted it, that’s where I read it.
    It indeed appears it was moved recently, thanks:
    https://www.nba.com/news/nba-draft-lottery-explainer
    When is the 2024 NBA Draft Lottery?The 2024 NBA Draft Lottery presented by State Farm will take place in Chicago on May 12 (3 p.m. ET on ABC)
    Can't change the thread le to reflect that, is there any way around this?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ran 10 simulations and we got two picks 5 or 6 times I forget. Lately tankathon likes to give us Ron Holland with the our 2nd pick and goes Topic then Sheppard with our first pick. It also likes Buzelis and puts C Williams in the 10-12 range l.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ran 10 simulations and we got two picks 5 or 6 times I forget. Lately tankathon likes to give us Ron Holland with the our 2nd pick and goes Topic then Sheppard with our first pick. It also likes Buzelis and puts C Williams in the 10-12 range l.
    When I run TAT sims, if we get a high first pick and the TOR pick, we always take Topic first and then Buzelis. If Buzelis is taken, we can Holland. I would be happy with that outcome for the TOR pick, but I really don't want Topic, personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will get Lotto spots #2 and #7.

Spurs will later draft Stephon Castle #2 and Zach Edey #7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And Wemby demands a trade not 24 hours later

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, we need this date to get here soon. The takes here are getting stale, and we need new information.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some archetypes should be avoided at all costs in the draft.

Guards - players with no shot shouldn't even be considered. I'm not talking current 3pt range, but overall shooting, since some of them even struggle at the line. I'd consider a point guard with no shot only if he's both an elite defender and playmaaker.
    Wings - players that aren't guaranteed to be at least positive defenders shouldn't even be considered.
    Bigs - unless it's Sarr since he's obviously BPA, don't even consider bigs.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

i am 100% confident that neither of those players will be drafted by the spurs should they get the #2 and #7 picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting side note to this year's draft analysis: that Dean on Draft guy hasn't posted on his substack or Twitter accounts since January. My guess is some team hired him as a consultant with the stipulation that he couldn't post any opinions on prospects until after the draft.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what our pick in the 2nd round

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we get to see devastated HOU fans funny vids too this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we get to see devastated HOU fans funny vids too this year?
    Houston gets trashed routinely but they've drafted better than the Spurs TBH (Sengun at 16 without even having a pick, Cam Whitmore at 20, Tari Eason at 17, etc).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's raining in Chicago today.

Does that affect the draft odds?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I could be wrong but I think for this to happen not only would the Spurs have to jump into the top 3 but a 7 or later would have to jump as well. Not likely. If the Spurs get the Toronto pick it’s likely they drop their own pick back to the 5th spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'll get my Fire Brian Wright thread drafted up now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting side note to this year's draft analysis: that Dean on Draft guy hasn't posted on his substack or Twitter accounts since January. My guess is some team hired him as a consultant with the stipulation that he couldn't post any opinions on prospects until after the draft.
    Or he is sitting in a Clark County jail cell, but hasn't gotten internet privileges yet. Dude seems like kind of a Vegas sleezeball (though I do generally like his takes, except for when he thought Wemby was overhyped and Saar was a better prospect )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could be wrong but I think for this to happen not only would the Spurs have to jump into the top 3 but a 7 or later would have to jump as well. Not likely. If the Spurs get the Toronto pick it’s likely they drop their own pick back to the 5th spot.
    Chances Spurs get a top 4 and the Toronto pick conveys are 22.74%, and the percentage of times the Toronto pick conveys is roughly the same whether the Spurs get a top 4 pick or not, it's in the 1st post, as well as the odds for any combination.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chances Spurs get a top 4 and the Toronto pick conveys are 22.74%, and the percentage of times the Toronto pick conveys is roughly the same whether the Spurs get a top 4 pick or not, it's in the 1st post, as well as the odds for any combination.
    I understand odds. I’m speaking to what would actually have to happen. To get the Toronto pick someone has to jump. For us to get the Toronto pick and us to get into the top 3 we’d have to jump as well. It would take one team and us to jump into the top 3. Otherwise we drop to 5.

The third option would be two teams 7 or later jumping into the top 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand odds. I’m speaking to what would actually have to happen. To get the Toronto pick someone has to jump. For us to get the Toronto pick and us to get into the top 3 we’d have to jump as well. It would take one team and us to jump into the top 3. Otherwise we drop to 5.

The third option would be two teams 7 or later jumping into the top 3.
    Top 4 are decided by lottery drawing and then teams select in decending order after that based on records

Thread Information