Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.My TeamSan Antonio SpursJoin DateSep 2018Post Count115Post Thanks / Like
    Get into the top 3 and get either Sar or Risacher. Have another team get into top 3 outside the projected top 7 so we can get Dillingham at 7 by getting Toronto pick. Dillingham has a chance to be better SGA More athletic with Kentucky pedigree. Sar and Risacher are clearly the top 2 picks in this years draft imo. Both Frenchmen would be great to pair with Wemby. Topic and Sheppherd are overrated imo. Topic sub par athlete for nba. Shepherd although great shooter and steal artist on defense he can’t create off dribble in the nba. I really Like Saluan hope we can some how move up and get him in 10-15. I would trade Kj and couple to three second rounders for a top 10-15 pick

my top 6 best fit for Spurs according to possible NBa all star hit rate.

1A Risacher complete game both sides. Long athletic. Wet dream.
    1B Sar great athlete can shoot 3. At 7’1 he will fill out and be interior presence. Would give Spurs a way better Townes and Gobert combo like Wolves have. But both spurs players would be 5 times better with added skill sets compared to wolves who may make finals this year.
    2 Dillingaham. Exactly what spurs need. Alpha can create off dribble. Mega athlete. Great from three and Can create. Defense can be taught to him.
    3 Topic. If he could learn how to shoot he would be higher baby Luca clone.
    4. Saluan. Another Frenchman. Rawer than Risacher but a lot of the same skill sets with more athleticism and 2 more inches.
    5. Shepherd. Amazing three guy but can’t create off dribble at clip needed to be super star.

Ideal scenario. I want Dillingham somehow. Whether Toronto pick conveying or we sticking to our likely 5th slot.

best case scenario with sneak into top 3 and another team sneaks in outside top 7 so Toronto pick conveys. Then we get either Sar or Risacher with top 3 pick and Dillingham at 7.

depending on what happens in draft I like below
    PG Dillingaham
    SG Vassell
    SF Risacher or Saluan
    PF Wemby
    Center Sar or free agent

Last edited by SpursGenius; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:46 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“we are riding with what we have, but those two possible top 10 picks will get us some solid 2rp’s!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“we are riding with what we have, but those two possible top 10 picks will get us some solid 2rp’s!”
    STFU

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you are overrating these prospects in general, but I also got Dillingham and Risacher as my top 2 targets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yay, another Dillingham thread!

Believe.
    Post Count
    Potential Dillingham > SGA one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Potential Dillingham > SGA one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen.
    I'm always on the lookout for takes even dumber than my own and that certainly met the criteria. Topic the Luka clone was also a bit much, but I see why and he's only 18. The idea that he could develop a reliable jump shot is not far-fetched and I've been warming to him since we will get plenty of awesome highlights and dunks from Wemby alone. In other words, we can afford to have a non-dunker who still finishes well and is an upgraded playmaker. Playmaking = BBIQ and we were one of the dumbest teams in NBA history much of last season.

Saluan if that is even spelled correctly is a reach and we'd be well advised to take a Castle or Williams first, if we get TOR pick. Seems like we practically HAVE to take a KY guard or Topic first, if we can.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Sheppard. Dillngham has a much higher ceiling than Sheppard...but, also has a potentially lower low. Athleticism can come with potential injuries. Plus, I'm not sure there's enough basketballs with him, Vassell and Wemby. Sheppard is solid all the way around and tho I might not see a super high ceiling, I don't see potential lows. He does everything really well and off-the-charts BBIQ.

Get him and Risacher, Keep Wemby at Center, Mamu at PF (don't like Sochan,) Vassel at SG.

PG - Sheppard (or Dillingham)
    SG - Vassel
    SF - Risacher
    PF - Mamu
    C - Wemby

Thats a playoff caliber team...mostly because of the increased BBIQ we get losing the 2 lowest BBIQ players on the starting roster.... Sochan and Champagnie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Sheppard. Dillngham has a much higher ceiling than Sheppard...but, also has a potentially lower low. Athleticism can come with potential injuries. Sheppard is solid all the way around and tho I might not see a super high ceiling, I don't see potential lows. He does everything really well.

Get him and Risacher, Keep Wemby at Center, Mamu at PF (don't like Sochan,) Vassel at SG.

PG - Sheppard (or Dillingham)
    SG - Vassel
    SF - Risacher
    PF - Mamu
    C - Wemby

Thats a playoff caliber team...mostly because of the increased BBIQ we get losing the 2 lowest BBIQ players on the starting roster.... Sochan and Champagnie.
    We will be really lucky to get Sheppard or Dilly or Risascher at 7. Two of the three would be amazing, though we probably don't want both KY guards.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well...that's who "I want"

And there's a snowballs chance...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher plus Dillingham/Topic is my dream scenario too, but why do talent evaluators give such a heavy premium to length and athleticism, as if they were the most important things in assessing NBA potential? The best basketball player in the world right now slid down to the second round precisely because scouts thought he would never make it in the NBA because he was fat and unathletic.

Topic, to me, has shades of Steve Nash (minus the shooting), and Nash is a slow and unathletic dude who just happened to win MVP.

Of course, I’m not saying that length and athleticism don’t matter (they do), but I don’t think they should be the principal basis by which we judge prospects. Our primary evaluation criterion, in my opinion, should be whether the guy can play basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wolves/thunder/celtics look like the 3 best teams right now and they are flush with length and athleticism

Thread Information