Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the money is close why would he want to come back to popa and the cluster s
    the biggest reason wears number 1 genius

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 29 (30 next year), already made the Finals, and gonna keep contending for the rest of his prime in BOS, a big market, where he made his place and gonna get paid.

I don't see him coming back in a rebuilding, NBA bottom team who's gonna fight to even make the POs, then maybe start contending in 3-4 years at the very best, just for the sake of playing with Wemby. These guys have their career too and staying in BOS is way much better for his.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe not best...but a vital piece. Celtics would be crazy to let him walk.
    Yes, I was being a little facetious, but the reality is that without him, Tatum and Brown revert back to that hideous brand of “your turn, my turn” basketball.

I like those two players to be clear, but one of the great revelations that has come from Ant’s rise this year is that it has helped place Tatum, Brown, and even Devin Booker, in to proper context. They’re not on Ant’s level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ > White

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ > White [/tweet]
    Since you're his biggest fan, what would you give up to get him back?
    I'd do Keldon+Collins+2026 swap+2027 ATL for DJ+Capela.

They get two of their three picks back and shed some salary.
    Capela is on $22M, but he's better than Collins and would be an expiring contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The SA show overshadows 1 popa taint licker

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since you're his biggest fan, what would you give up to get him back?
    I'd do Keldon+Collins+2026 swap+2027 ATL for DJ+Capela.

They get two of their three picks back and shed some salary.
    Capela is on $22M, but he's better than Collins and would be an expiring contract.
    That's a steal for us. I don't think ATL can afford to give us back Murray. Not only do they look like idiots doing the deal you suggested, but Murray contract is too team friendly IMO to give up. They don't really have an incentive to tank, since we have all of their picks. The best thing for them to do is offload Tre Young and go from there. Take what they can get for him, aka the best offer. We could only be so lucky, that ATL would give us their best player, on a cheap deal, for two players we don't even actually want (at least many Spurs fans don't).

Edit: I missed that in your kindness to ATL you also give back the 2026 swap. But, I still think ATL is going to be a weird team to try and strike a deal with. I could see them sending us Young, but we have the two obstacles of fit and them looking dumb for not getting back at least what they gave us for Dejounte, in exchange for Young.

Final edit: seems like the best thing to do is keep putting the screws to ATL, by not letting them off the hook over the next 3 years re their draft picks.

Thread Information