Post Count

Don’t show this to BackHome

I’m kidding with you buddy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are three types of journalists.

- Those who share the facts.
    - Those who endlessly comment on possible hypotheses based on evidence, rumors or confidences inflated like duck faces.
    - And those who jabber narratives in order to hide the fact that they have no facts to share.

Shame Charabia likes narratives.

The sports insider has as much value as a conspiracy journalist. You have to love fairy tales to pay attention to these stories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I'm not even saying it's Trae young or bust at this point. But the Spurs need to be aggressive in improving this team and not just hoping Sochan and Branham break out in year 3 like dumb Mr Body says. This team desperately needs upgrade in talent.

I don't know if that's possible with "That's not who we are" Popovich thought. I'm expecting him to mostly run back the same team and just hope the player improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Those who endlessly comment on possible hypotheses based on evidence, rumors or confidences inflated like duck faces.
    - And those who jabber narratives in order to hide the fact that they have no facts to share.

The sports insider has as much value as a conspiracy journalist. You have to love fairy tales to pay attention to these stories.
    Umm… what? Shams, along with Woj, is one of the most reputable journalists in all of sports. He typically posts breaking news before everyone else. I think you are confusing him with Stephen A Smith. I know they’re both brown but one of them has a receding hairline and the other one doesn’t.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Magic throwing shade at Kawhi and Harden there

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised at that Spurs calling about Dejounte line. At least somebody in the front office has their head on straight.

As an aside, when Dillingham declared he straight up said he would love to team up with Victor. I legit have never seen a draftee do that before. Usually they do the whole "i would love to go to any organization blah blah blah". Dude straight up said yeah I could really see myself playing with Victor.

From a basketball perspective it's a no brainer. Playing with a big who is already looking like an all timer defensively who draws tons of attention on offense is going to get somebody a ton of open shots. And the bar is so low in SA from years of losing that all you would have to do is just make the playoffs probably for 2 years with no real pressure to win anything. San Antonio is in get back on the map mode, which is a ways away from championship mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Philly likely eliminated tonight, I wonder if they start to legitimately consider trading Embiid.
    If that’s the case, I do wonder whether a potential sign and trade for Maxey may be a possibility.

As good as Maxey is, I don’t think he’s a #1 option long term and Philly/Maxey may look to pivot from this teams construction completely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Philly likely eliminated tonight, I wonder if they start to legitimately consider trading Embiid.
    If that’s the case, I do wonder whether a potential sign and trade for Maxey may be a possibility.

As good as Maxey is, I don’t think he’s a #1 option long term and Philly/Maxey may look to pivot from this teams construction completely.
    Very unlikely but Emiid has looked so defeated ever since this Knicks series started. These teams like 76ers, Clippers, Lakers, Suns all kinda have that same vibe. They invest every single dollar & asset they can but it never moves the needle enough

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly agree about the Thunder, but they also might be part of the impetus that gives this overly conservative organization the kick in the ass it needs to do something outside of their comfort zone.

The goal of those picks is to yield a (co) star, either directly or via trade, not to hoard them.

No, this isn't an unabashed endorsement for Young or any particular individual, just the reality when you luck into a GOAT caliber prospect.

This organization is being welcomed to the real NBA, where you usually don't have the luxury of letting great be the enemy of good.

Either now or later, when Wembanyama's impatience mounts, this likely ends with the having to do what they don't want and trading for a flawed co-star.
    I’m not against the spurs trading draft picks, but they should trade their own (in a worthy trade) before those Atlanta/Chicago picks. They have all their picks. Those should be good enough to get a disgruntled star while not emptying the coffer of their best assets

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not against the spurs trading draft picks, but they should trade their own (in a worthy trade) before those Atlanta/Chicago picks. They have all their picks. Those should be good enough to get a disgruntled star while not emptying the coffer of their best assets
    Normally I'd agree with you but the only other consideration here is that the Spurs' own picks are a hedge against a Wemby injury. While he hasn't shown himself to be injury prone and has taken unprecedented steps with flexibility training to prevent it, his height still works against him and we're in unknown territory regarding his health in the future, arguably more so than with most superstars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally I'd agree with you but the only other consideration here is that the Spurs' own picks are a hedge against a Wemby injury. While he hasn't shown himself to be injury prone and has taken unprecedented steps with flexibility training to prevent it, his height still works against him and we're in unknown territory regarding his health in the future, arguably more so than with most superstars.
    True, but there's ways around that, such as trading picks far into the future (like Minnesota and Cleveland did) where you should have a good team around Wemby to the point where those picks won't be lottery, or use some OKC style creativity by sending "worst of" / "2nd worst of" whatever picks the Spurs have (Atlanta, Toronto, Chicago, Charlotte, own, etc).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised at that Spurs calling about Dejounte line. At least somebody in the front office has their head on straight
    Judging by the amount of BS he said elsewhere, I think he's simply going by the rumors a few months ago when Atlanta was trying to build up Dejounte's trade value. I'd be willing to bet he knows nothing first hand from the Spurs, because they aren't in Klutch's sphere of influence and that's where he draws his power from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I’ve been questioning for awhile, is Keldon done as a future piece on the spurs? I still like him as a player I just don’t know how he fits with the team anymore which bums me out because he brings some juice when he’s on. You would think we’d be set at wing with Dev/KJ/Sochan but it just doesn’t feel that way.

KJ is still only 24!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of this. Unfortunately, OKC is probably the team that stands in the way the most of Wemby winning for the next decade. With their war chest of picks, young talent, and big 3 that all synergizes, there are several moves open to them in the near future that could make them easy championship favorites for a least a couple years without having to sacrifice much

1. Durant asks out (again), gets traded for a truckload of picks. SGA-JDub-Durant-Chet. Championship
    2. Markannen for a truckload of picks. SGA-JDub-Lauri-Chet. Championship
    3. Giannis gets pissed and asks out, traded for JDub and a truckload of picks. SGA-Giannis-Chet. Championship.

Unfortunately, their new ownership group has fully indicated a willingness to spend so that eliminates OKC's prior biggest weakness, which was an unwillingness to pay the tax. They have a better front office, more talent, and are on the same timeline. If Wemby is championships or bust long term, any move that SA makes from here on out may have to keep OKC's lineup in mind which is why I am less and less in favor of a Trae Young trade. At least with multiple lottery picks you have a shot of picking guys who wouldn't get mercilessly hunted by SGA while simultaneously getting butt ed by Dort and Cason Wallace on the other end.
    The Spurs will counter this by giving Cedi 3/48

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very unlikely but Emiid has looked so defeated ever since this Knicks series started. These teams like 76ers, Clippers, Lakers, Suns all kinda have that same vibe. They invest every single dollar & asset they can but it never moves the needle enough
    Agreed on the improbability of it happening.
    (And now even more so after Maxey has an all time performance to save their season too.
    Maybe he can be a legit #1).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed on the improbability of it happening.
    (And now even more so after Maxey has an all time performance to save their season too.
    Maybe he can be a legit #1).
    That game was wild! Both teams were throwing the ball all over the place lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maxey gets the max regardless of Embiid imo.

Maxey with some distrubingly bad play in the last half of the 4th before NYK completely gave it away then Max hit some great shots.

Embiid is injured, period. I think he's on heavy sedation to boot. He'll never be more then 80% of prime Embiid imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maxey gets the max regardless of Embiid imo.

Maxey with some distrubingly bad play in the last half of the 4th before NYK completely gave it away then Max hit some great shots.

Embiid is injured, period. I think he's on heavy sedation to boot. He'll never be more than 80% of prime Embiid imo.
    Without question. And Philly would likely match any RFA offer he signs too.
    That is unless he wants out and makes it known as such.
    Like you said, Embiid may never be healthy when it counts and I think that is a conversation Maxey and his camp
    will have in the Off-season (if they haven’t already).
    I would think the Spurs would be able to put together a pretty enticing package there then…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams is the least clickbait of the lot mate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm… what? Shams, along with Woj, is one of the most reputable journalists in all of sports. He typically posts breaking news before everyone else. I think you are confusing him with Stephen A Smith. I know they’re both brown but one of them has a receding hairline and the other one doesn’t.
    Shams (much like Woj) has ties to certain organizations / agents that give him information when it suits them or in return for certain favors. But they aren't all knowing, and have been made to look like fools more than once, such as Woj by LeBron. Also some organizations are more porous than others (Lakers, Nets vs Spurs, Miami, OKC). In this case there isn't really anything new or specific that would make it particularly credible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    76ers go into the offseason with only two players, Embiid and Paul Reed, under contract. They'll max Maxey and then look to reshape that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i doubt anyone is looking to sign with the spurs, when league is going to sign big tv deals...everyone wants to be paid big bucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have information because they work with big media, which assures those who whisper in their ear what they want to see spread that it is done widely.

Beyond the network, the work of a sports insider is a farce: when someone whispers information to you, it is not without reason, that is why, elsewhere than in sport, when a source “reveals” something to you, we ensure that the information in question is confirmed by other sources.

Now, it's also about agreeing on what information or fact is. Agents who let people know that a client has desires to move elsewhere is not information. Reporting amusing or meaningful anecdotes that reveal the underside of more important information is information. Revealing secret agreements contrary to CBA rules is information. Revealing once an agreement is reached between two parties before the others, the big deal. Revealing that an agreement is close without it actually happening is chatter or communication coming from one of the parties.

If you think that being an insider is an art that helps one or the other to obtain information before or better than others, you believe in fairy tales.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i doubt anyone is looking to sign with the spurs, when league is going to sign big tv deals...everyone wants to be paid big bucks
    Yeah, I'm not disccusing the fact some stars would be interested in playing with wemby, but expect for older ring chasers I highly doubt any would let money in the the table to do it. You'll have to pay and drop some serious assets no matter. Getting a star for a "reasonable price" is not a thing in the NBA. It's an offer and demand thing and they'll always be other teams ready to pull the trigger for even borderline stars or elite role players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I’ve been questioning for awhile, is Keldon done as a future piece on the spurs? I still like him as a player I just don’t know how he fits with the team anymore which bums me out because he brings some juice when he’s on. You would think we’d be set at wing with Dev/KJ/Sochan but it just doesn’t feel that way.

KJ is still only 24!!!
    Keldon is great for a 6 man spark on the bench but I think they could get a better player by trading him.

If they do keep him though I wouldn't be totally against it if it's for that roll.

Thread Information