My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2024...ason-in-paris/

Two games in January of 2025 against Indiana, one counting as a home game. I'm curious if they're going to Austin too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2024...ason-in-paris/

Two games in January of 2025 against Indiana, one counting as a home game. I'm curious if they're going to Austin too.
    Saw on twitter from one of the local media guys that the Spurs do intend on playing in Austin next year as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw on twitter from one of the local media guys that the Spurs do intend on playing in Austin next year as well.
    I'm not so sure about that. As a season ticket holder, I just received an email today letting me know that my tickets were reduced by one game as there will be two games in Paris (one will be considered a road game and the other will be a home game).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the Spurs put a team around Victor this year so the franchise doesn't embarrass themselves with losses when Victor puts in superhuman efforts in Paris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not so sure about that. As a season ticket holder, I just received an email today letting me know that my tickets were reduced by one game as there will be two games in Paris (one will be considered a road game and the other will be a home game).

I found it interesting that they'd go back to Austin. After the series last year Pop seemed over it. I remember he was asked if they'd be playing there next season and his answer was "God I hope not"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea i don't really get how those two games in Austin really helps anything. I doubt they're convincing anyone to be Spurs fans. Hauling the court up to Austin must be a pain in the ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea i don't really get how those two games in Austin really helps anything. I doubt they're convincing anyone to be Spurs fans. Hauling the court up to Austin must be a pain in the ass.
    They're doing it so they can threaten San Antonio to force the city to gift them a new arena in five years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're doing it so they can threaten San Antonio to force the city to gift them a new arena in five years.
    True but i do think they think it's going to help them broaden their fan base but i'm not really buying it. Building a better team that wins games will do a million times more for the brand than a dumb gimmick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the meantime they've locked up everyone in SS&E and the City in NDAs so that they can foist a publicly funded stadium vote on the city at the last minute. Puro.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season ticket values in the gutter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd be surprised. I've lived in Austin nearly 20 years and it used to be a pretty even divide between Spurs, Rockets, and Mavs fans.

Now the Spurs are easily leading in this town. I see plenty of Spurs gear on my regular out-and-about.

I've also attended 2 of the 4 games played here, and they are freaking electric because Austin hardly gets the chance to see NBA basketball unless they want to drive down to San Antonio.

I want the Spurs to be in SA forever, but yeah...when it's a question between playing a couple more games in an arena that can appear half-empty, or playing a couple games for a new fanbase who show up early, stay late, and cheer their hearts out...I think the Austin showcase games make a lot of sense. Moody Center is pretty legit (although the parking is a ing nightmare)

I'm also not complaining about cutting an hour off of my drive each direction to see the Spurs play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vegas baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the meantime they've locked up everyone in SS&E and the City in NDAs so that they can foist a publicly funded stadium vote on the city at the last minute. Puro.
    IDK, that only works if they win a le and then jump quick on an arena vote like in 1999. If they put all their eggs into one basket and wait until the last minute they could end up timing it badly like the 1998 quarry vote that happened not long after half the city was underwater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the french guys: I assume the games will be played @ Accor Arena like last years Paris games? I'm planning on going (naturally) and I want to book hotel early. Any recommondations in that area? Medium price range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like Dex said, Austin used to be divided by the texas teams. Lately it's condensed to mostly SA fans. I'm born and raised in austin and absolutely would hate for the team to leave SA... that being said, anyone complaining about the two games at moody can f themselves

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the french guys: I assume the games will be played @ Accor Arena like last years Paris games? I'm planning on going (naturally) and I want to book hotel early. Any recommondations in that area? Medium price range.
    That would be the obvious choice, the next biggest arena is only 8000 capacity (vs 15k for Bercy)

No particular recommandation tbh I've never been high up so can't tell about visibility

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be the obvious choice, the next biggest arena is only 8000 capacity (vs 15k for Bercy)

No particular recommandation tbh I've never been high up so can't tell about visibility
    Thanks, I meant a hotel recommondation nearby. Seats I will pay for good ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, an Accor Hotel, I guess.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, I meant a hotel recommondation nearby. Seats I will pay for good ones.
    There are plenty of hotels accomodations in that area of Paris, just book it as soon as you have ur ticket, the city is (unfortunately) always full of tourists

I'd go a bit further to get a cheaper hotel tho, like maybe the closest subburb easily accessible by underground. Business area means inflated prices

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are plenty of hotels accomodations in that area of Paris, just book it as soon as you have ur ticket, the city is (unfortunately) always full of tourists

I'd go a bit further to get a cheaper hotel tho, like maybe the closest subburb easily accessible by underground. Business area means inflated prices
    Yeah, intramuros hotels are pretty expensive, specially close residential places like Bercy where the Accor Arena and the ministry of finances are...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the advice guys!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The arena is rather to the east of the city. So a hotel near Vincennes/Saint-Mandé would probably be more affordable. I live there, easy to reach by bike (Vélib, 15 minutes), Uber (5 minutes) or on foot (40 minutes). The arena is 500 meters from the Cinémathèque Française, with its museum, winter exhibition and screenings of old films -- not to be missed if you're a Spurs fan and movie buff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anybody going to the Paris games? I'd like to get courtside seats, but all of my friends are broke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trying to play anywhere but Fat Antonio tbh

Just move them to Vegas already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I found it interesting that they'd go back to Austin. After the series last year Pop seemed over it. I remember he was asked if they'd be playing there next season and his answer was "God I hope not"
    and maybe they will but for now, my season ticket package has 41 games scheduled for the Frost Bank Center; before the Paris announcement, it was at 42 (this includes one preseason game). if they add a game in Austin, it would have to be one only or else they would now be at only 38 regular season games scheduled at FB.

Thread Information