Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just very unlikely, but impossible. Like you said, the Spurs only get #5 if no one moves up... but if no one moves up, then the Spurs can't get #7. There is no way for the Spurs to end up with #5 and #7.
    yeah. Should have checked this before. my bad.
    So in a two picks scenario it might be for example 4 and 7, or 6 and 7. and if my preferred combination of Risacher and McCain isn‘t possible, because Risacher is off the board, then I‘d like to see Castle and McCain, if Castle is still there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah. Should have checked this before. my bad.
    So in a two picks scenario it might be for example 4 and 7, or 6 and 7. and if my preferred combination of Risacher and McCain isn‘t possible, because Risacher is off the board, then I‘d like to see Castle and McCain, if Castle is still there.
    Both are fantastic combos in the event TOR conveys.

I was saying in the 2024 Draft thread to focus on guards or small wings in 2024 with Castle & McCain and then load up on some 6'8"+ players next year in the 2025 draft. By 25-26 you're balanced and deep.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, the 2025 has legit so much more talent it is like night and day with this class and I am not just talking about Cooper Flagg - I would cry tears of joy if we were able to get Hugo Gonzalez or Tre Johnson as I think both are going to be studs at the SG position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After reading that big board, kind of hard to get too excited

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the Spurs are really going to leak out to scouts that Dillingham is their top choice?
    Especially when they are projected to land in the 5-7 range.

A clever smokescreen as they have someone else at the top of their draft board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, the 2025 has legit so much more talent it is like night and day with this class and I am not just talking about Cooper Flagg - I would cry tears of joy if we were able to get Hugo Gonzalez or Tre Johnson as I think both are going to be studs at the SG position.
    Dylan Harper looks like their dream PG tbh. If he shows out at Rutgets this upcoming season, he's a top 3-5 pick easily and I think would be a primary Spurs target (even over Flagg tbh).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the Spurs are really going to leak out to scouts that Dillingham is their top choice?
    Especially when they are projected to land in the 5-7 range.

A clever smokescreen as they have someone else at the top of their draft board.
    Doesn't matter who the point guard target is when Wizards are the only compe ion for a point guard pick, others won't even consider drafting a point guard.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez, my uneducated first impression is to draft one of the Kentucky guards or trade down/out and hope the Toronto pick conveys in 2025. I can't get excited about players who can't shoot anymore; we're full.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was what I was thinking, Topić AND Dilly!

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...tions.amp.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My personal Big Board
    1. Robert Dillingham
    2. Zaccharie Risacher
    3. Jared McCain
    4. Nikola Topic
    5. Dalton Knecht

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a couple of risacher highlights from his previous game appear here early on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-big-...024-nba-draft/

Draft is pretty damn bad this year but the Spurs should get an interesting player with their pick, IMO.
    Would be nice to get a comprehensive off season primer with what both what you’re hearing and what you think team should do. Free agency, trades and draft all encompassing plan with maybe sort of a “aggressive, normal and passive” paths laid out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Against common wisdom I would daft Edey especially if we get both 1st round picks.
    Really think that two 7'4" players passing the ball to each other for dunks could break the NBA.
    Also who are you going to double with Edey and Wemby on the floor?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone looked up Devin Carter? The more that I watch his film, the more I think he needs to given more consideration. I don't know if he's on the Dillingham or Topic level, but he's easily better than Collier to me and should be at the top of tier 2 or bottom of tier 1 point guards. Great defender and playmaker, and his shot improved this year as well. 8.7 rebounds/game, 1.8 steals, and 1 block for a 6-3 guard to go with 37% from three. Only drawback is he's 22 years old, but I don't see why he can't be on a Derrick White late bloomer trajectory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point if SA gets TOR pick, I hope SA walks away with both Dillingham and Zaccharie Risacher.

Seems like a perfect outcome in terms of potential, need (shooting) and overall pedigree. I have concerns about every player and Im not overly excited about anyone at this point, but those 2 seem like it would be about as good as it can be.

If Spurs can land pick 2/3 and 7/8, I think walking away with Risacher and Dillingham would be celebrated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point if SA gets TOR pick, I hope SA walks away with both Dillingham and Zaccharie Risacher.

Seems like a perfect outcome in terms of potential, need (shooting) and overall pedigree. I have concerns about every player and Im not overly excited about anyone at this point, but those 2 seem like it would be about as good as it can be.

If Spurs can land pick 2/3 and 7/8, I think walking away with Risacher and Dillingham would be celebrated
    thats my best case scenario

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this draft I have a hard time seeing Dillingham fall to 7/8, but you never know!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching film of Zaccharie Risacher I can't help but see Sean Elliott. Anyone seeing the same?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would be amazing if this happens. But even Riascher and Topic or Riascher and Castle would make me happy.

If we believe timvp’s big board though, this likely isn’t going to happen, because if the Spurs land a top 3 pick, they’re using it on Dillingham, and Riascher will be long gone by 7/8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone looked up Devin Carter? The more that I watch his film, the more I think he needs to given more consideration. I don't know if he's on the Dillingham or Topic level, but he's easily better than Collier to me and should be at the top of tier 2 or bottom of tier 1 point guards. Great defender and playmaker, and his shot improved this year as well. 8.7 rebounds/game, 1.8 steals, and 1 block for a 6-3 guard to go with 37% from three. Only drawback is he's 22 years old, but I don't see why he can't be on a Derrick White late bloomer trajectory.
    Big big fan of him and I totally agree he’s the leading candidate to be the Derrick White of this draft, it’s hard to see him going near the spurs pick but I see him rising to picks 12-20.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder why Hunter Sallis doesn't get more love. (or at least more interest)
    yes, I can see, that his years with Gonzaga hurt his stock. on the other hand, he did play good defense there (or learned to play good defense), but didn't shoot well.
    with Wake he shot well and played good offense. for a Junior he is still on the younger side.

what I like about him: size, body type and athleticism is pretty similar to Dejounte Murray. he has all the tools to become a DJM type defender in the NBA. combine this with some playmaking and shooting, and you might ge a very nice pick at 35.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That would be my ideal if they're keeping the picks instead of trading for a vet, but you'd probably need to draft #2 and #3 to get Rob and Risacher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be amazing if this happens. But even Riascher and Topic or Riascher and Castle would make me happy.

If we believe timvp’s big board though, this likely isn’t going to happen, because if the Spurs land a top 3 pick, they’re using it on Dillingham, and Riascher will be long gone by 7/8.
    I think this draft will be fairly easy comparatively to trade up. So if Spurs need to move up they should be able to use pick 7+ some 2nds or maybe a first like CHA to do so Im guessing.

Thread Information