Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good bless MSG with the “F you Reggie” chant. Classic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably.. and if the wolves win media are going to talk about edwards as the face of the nba instead of wemby.
    deservedly so, if that happens

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably.. and if the wolves win media are going to talk about edwards as the face of the nba instead of wemby.
    NBA desperately looking for an American face of the league. To be fair, Ant is living up to it and has surpassed Tatum and Booker.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is hartenstien better then nicholas claxton?...And watching divincenco defend and make big shots shows how much vassell is overpaid and overated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA desperately looking for an American face of the league. To be fair, Ant is living up to it and has surpassed Tatum and Booker.

I think wemby will be the face of the league not edwards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think wemby will be the face of the league not edwards
    he'll have to earn it. but he wont be deprived of the opportunity. he's already very marketed, very hyped, etc. he has to take it though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do like the fact that the Timberwolves are playing well and suddenly getting people's attention, and they're doing it as the team with the league's #1 Defensive rating and and only the 17th best Offensive rating. For a while now, lots of fans and sportswriters have been going with the narrative that defense isn't as important in this era, because the three point shot introduces too much spacing and variability into the equation, but the Timberwolves are showing that a top notch defense is still a very valuable weapon.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/adva...ort=DEF_RATING

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pacers are playing tough here in the the second round with Mathurin injured and out for the season and Jarace Walker unable to crack the rotation. So they've got some extra firepower organically incoming if they can resign Siakam. Obi Toppin is an RFA and I assume they have his bird rights... but bringing back both of those guys plus filling out the roster could put them close (if not over) the 1st apron. Unfortunately Spotrac's new ads are placed in a way that makes the website pretty difficult to use.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pacers are playing tough here in the the second round with Mathurin injured and out for the season and Jarace Walker unable to crack the rotation. So they've got some extra firepower organically incoming if they can resign Siakam. Obi Toppin is an RFA and I assume they have his bird rights... but bringing back both of those guys plus filling out the roster could put them close (if not over) the 1st apron. Unfortunately Spotrac's new ads are placed in a way that makes the website pretty difficult to use.
    wonder why jalen smith hasint got any mins...Guess hes the odd man out with toppin and siakam getting the mins.
    If we dont resign mamu,Would love to sign smith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do like the fact that the Timberwolves are playing well and suddenly getting people's attention, and they're doing it as the team with the league's #1 Defensive rating and and only the 17th best Offensive rating. For a while now, lots of fans and sportswriters have been going with the narrative that defense isn't as important in this era, because the three point shot introduces too much spacing and variability into the equation, but the Timberwolves are showing that a top notch defense is still a very valuable weapon.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/adva...ort=DEF_RATING
    Probably to some extend but The West has been seriously shaken with Warriors past their prime, Lakers being meh with an aging (but still performing) Lebron, plus teams like Suns or Cilpppers who precisely can't make a team out of their stars.

And at the end of the day; it's still Ant or SGA who make MIN or OKC win. But the NBA is pretty poor these last few years with a generation of stars on their last legs or injured, and with very few impressive teams, so the ones who can find a defensive cohesion take advantage of it. Still waiting to see the rest of the POs to draw definitive conclusions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Unfortunately Spotrac's new ads are placed in a way that makes the website pretty difficult to use.
    Do you use an adblocker? Looks fine with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Carlisle calling out the bull reffing.

He and Jim Carrey are twins. Sheesh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a very interesting take, and one that indeed would require to go beyond the frist conclusion that current success is directly linked to the trade, specially that they don't always put Gobert on the floor in the clutch.

We can't rewrite history and you could also argue Rudy helped this team get more confident and embrace defense beyond his inidividual performances, but it's hard not to imagine the possibilties and flexibility MIN would have with the current roster minus Rudy but plus all the draft capital they lost for him and that corresponds to a star/superstar or a couple elite role players.
    Interesting take ? thats a weird take to say the least, the impact of Rudy is indeniable during the whole RS but also the POs, I'm pretty sure you will find some great defensive games of the Spurs without Bowen and/or Duncan.

Miny is a very serious contender with their current set up including Rudy who is 31 years and has still some couple of years at elite level in front of him. The what if works both ways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting take ? thats a weird take to say the least, the impact of Rudy is indeniable during the whole RS but also the POs, I'm pretty sure you will find some great defensive games of the Spurs without Bowen and/or Duncan.

Miny is a very serious contender with their current set up including Rudy who is 31 years and has still some couple of years at elite level in front of him. The what if works both ways
    MIN defensive rating with Gobert 112.1
    MIN defensvce rating without Gobert 113.4.

MIN's emergence is mostly due to Ant's one. And the difference with/without Gobert isn't that great that it's crazy to wonder what if team had another superstar next to Ant and KAT instead of Gobert (and all the assets he cost).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MIN defensive rating with Gobert 112.1
    MIN defensvce rating without Gobert 113.4.

MIN's emergence is mostly due to Ant's one. And the difference with/without Gobert isn't that great that it's crazy to wonder what if team had another superstar next to Ant and KAT instead of Gobert (and all the assets he cost).
    if they won it all, what would be your take ? if no Gobert they would have won more easily ? smh

I'm not a Rudy fan but he had a great season, MIN investment has been largely rewarded

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best thing Pacers ever did was hire Carlisle/Carrey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PHX Suns targeting Coach Bud

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PHX Suns targeting Coach Bud
    Bud would be a fool or offered truck load of money to go to that clown circus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs skull ing the 1st seed Celtics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs 118
    Celtics 94

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Pat Bev suspended 4 games for throwing ball at fans

After the game, Beverley wouldn't allow Adams to ask him a question in a group interview in the locker room. He said it was because she didn't subscribe to his podcast. Beverley told her to get her microphone out of his face and eventually asked her to leave the interview circle.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dort is what Sochan needs to evolve into.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington Jr would be a nice addition if we somehow get that guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How in the world did SGA got 2nd in MVP and carried thunder into 1st seed when his play style is just slightly better version of Derozan
    Last edited by skin27; 1 Week Ago at 10:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas good comeback when they were about to blow the lead.

Hardaway with the greasy lucky bounce to get the buzzer beater trey.

Thread Information