Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC getting murdered on the glass, Chet is not a center.
    Yeah, he is. His greatest strength is his rim protection, which is maximized playing closer to the basket and his skill/mobility advantage over most fives wouldn't exist over most fours.

They've also proven to have an elite defense with him playing the five.

They need a true four to replace Giddey, so that they can slide Williams and Dort down to the nominal three and two.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he is. His greatest strength is his rim protection, which is maximized playing closer to the basket and his skill/mobility advantage over most fives wouldn't exist over most fours.

They've also proven to have an elite defense with him playing the five.
    But defense is not just rim protection. You got to secure those rebounds after well-contested shots.
    He's a good rim protector against penetration from the perimeter, but he can't do much against elite bigs.

Even Valanciunas had stretches of easy buckets every time he got the ball. He obviously got ran off the floor on the other end, but AD or Sabonis would've killed him.
    Much like Wemby did in the regular season.
    And like Jokic will do if they match up.
    Gobert is useless on offense, but I expect him to dominate the glass.

I get that there's a trade off and it works in certain matchups, but it won't work against teams with elite bigs.
    Their defense is elite because all of their perimeter defenders are really good.

They need a true four to replace Giddey, so that they can slide Williams and Dort down to the nominal three and two.
    Yeah, he's most likely gone in the summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas overpaid, but it has to be acknowledged they did a great job surrounding Luka in a short amount of time, with the likes of Kyrie, Lively, Gafford and PJ Washington. Went from a joke last season when it seemed like it was only a matter of time until Luka asked for a trade, to serious playoff contender this one.
    Yeah, bringing in DJJ was a good move as well. I thought they were crazy for getting Kyrie but at least for now he seems focused on basketball and it seems to me he was what Luka needed next to him too. I think they're still a piece or two away from being a championship contender. Exum was another nice pick up, and he had a great regular season, but disappeared completely in the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But defense is not just rim protection. You got to secure those rebounds after well-contested shots.
    He's a good rim protector against penetration from the perimeter, but he can't do much against elite bigs.

Even Valanciunas had stretches of easy buckets every time he got the ball. He obviously got ran off the floor on the other end, but AD or Sabonis would've killed him.
    Much like Wemby did in the regular season.
    And like Jokic will do if they match up.
    Gobert is useless on offense, but I expect him to dominate the glass.

I get that there's a trade off and it works in certain matchups, but it won't work against teams with elite bigs.
    Their defense is elite because all of their perimeter defenders are really good.

Yeah, he's most likely gone in the summer.
    I know, but the positives outweigh the negatives and good luck checking every box.

He'll never be a glass cleaner, but they have to hope that his rebounding improves as he gets stronger, similar to Davis and as I alluded to, getting a legit four should help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seeing these young teams in the playoffs, then you look at the spurs roster...fkn

but anyway...dont they ever call 3 second in the key for the offensive player who does multiple dream shakes? fkn doncic the donkey gets away with alot of on offense in the key

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wild that the Thunder worked to get Gafford to Dallas when they really could have used Gafford themselves.

It's amazing the amount of bigs alone that Presti had in his hands but launched in the other direction -- Sabonis and Sengun possibly the worst of his decisions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seeing these young teams in the playoffs, then you look at the spurs roster...fkn
    Yeah, we're rebuilding. That's what rebuilding is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wild that the Thunder worked to get Gafford to Dallas when they really could have used Gafford themselves.

It's amazing the amount of bigs alone that Presti had in his hands but launched in the other direction -- Sabonis and Sengun possibly the worst of his decisions.
    Sabonis was traded to get Paul George, who in turn was traded to get SGA + a bunch of picks. That was a pretty good decision. Sengun was a head scratcher though. It seems to me Presti has made up his mind on what kind of player he wants moving forward, and doesn't compromise. And Sengun's post game wasn't a match, regardless of talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sabonis was traded to get Paul George, who in turn was traded to get SGA + a bunch of picks. That was a pretty good decision. Sengun was a head scratcher though. It seems to me Presti has made up his mind on what kind of player he wants moving forward, and doesn't compromise. And Sengun's post game wasn't a match, regardless of talent.
    The 'play a thin PF as Center' strategy may cost them, if burly teams are the norm. The Lakers dominate them and they're getting killed on the boards now. As good as they are, it looks like they're still missing a couple of key pieces. Playoff experience will help, and the fading of the old guard in the West, but I don't know how they can deviate from the finesse style they depend on without retooling somewhat.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why? None of those guys work in their offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information