Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wolves were built to beat the Nuggets. Wolves GM knows where all of the Nuggets bones are buried.

With that said, I do not trust the Wolves. I’ll never trust a team with KAT on it. lol
    He should...he buried them tbh

I never saw Denver as a team who could repeat or a team who would compete for les for lots of years though. Murray is to inconsistent and Jokic is to bad defensively for teams who have a lot of offense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What formula are you talking about? Putting a team of long, athletic defenders and three point shooters around a great shot blocker? That doesn't sound like a horrible idea for the Spurs. Ant isn't reproducible and I'm not sure Townes combo of size and shooting is either (Wemby will be better and more impactful than both), but I love the idea of the Spurs having several long, switchable, perimeter defenders and if you get past all that, then you have to deal with Victor on the back end. OKC is built that way as well to a certain extent.
    Are you willing to trade all your picks and go into the repeater tax to do it? Cause that's how The Wolves did it.

OKC has one more year and then their bill is going to come do as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White in his last three playoff games:

G4 Mia - 38 pts , 8-15 3pt, 3 blocks
    G5 Mia - 25 pts in only 29min, 5-10 3pt
    G1 Cle - 25 pts, 7-12 3pt, 5 assists to zero turnovers

Wesley or Branham or whomever was the pick they got better turn out to be regular long-term contributor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC crowd in the playoff tshirt color stripes is giving me flashbacks to Vietnam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, it is raining 3s in OKC!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White in his last three playoff games:

G4 Mia - 38 pts , 8-15 3pt, 3 blocks
    G5 Mia - 25 pts in only 29min, 5-10 3pt
    G1 Cle - 25 pts, 7-12 3pt, 5 assists to zero turnovers

Wesley or Branham or whomever was the pick they got better turn out to be regular long-term contributor
    It was Wesley, and he won't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DW was 20-36 from 3PT going into the 4th quarter tonight dating back to Gm 4 against MIA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you willing to trade all your picks and go into the repeater tax to do it? Cause that's how The Wolves did it.

OKC has one more year and then their bill is going to come do as well.
    I don't think the Spurs need to go there, and I certainly don't want them to go there. There's a decent argument to be made that the Wolves would have been better off not making the Gobert trade, despite what their recent success looks like. They just played their best game, and best defensive game in about 20 years with the DPOY sitting at home. I don't attribute their success to Rudy and that trade nearly as much as I do the emergence of Edwards and the under the radar moves they made to get McDaniels, Conley, Alexander Walker and the emergence of Reid.

And speaking of OKC, everybody talks about their draft success with high picks, but they get ridiculous production from guys they pulled off the scrap heap like Isiah Joe and Lu Dort, or later in the draft like Aaron Wiggins (#55 pick) or Jaylin Williams (#34).

That's the formula I'd prefer to see the Spurs follow and they're for sure trying to do it, but it's slow going with the young prospects --- Branham, Wesley, Barlow, Cissoko, Champagnie, Bassey. Do we have any faith that any of them will ever be as good as Isiah Joe? Or Naz Reid? It's tough to be patient with those guys when Victor is on a rocket ship trajectory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a decent argument to be made that the Wolves would have been better off not making the Gobert trade, despite what their recent success looks like. They just played their best game, and best defensive game in about 20 years with the DPOY sitting at home. I don't attribute their success to Rudy and that trade nearly as much as I do the emergence of Edwards and the under the radar moves they made to get McDaniels, Conley, Alexander Walker and the emergence of Reid.
    That's a very interesting take, and one that indeed would require to go beyond the frist conclusion that current success is directly linked to the trade, specially that they don't always put Gobert on the floor in the clutch.

We can't rewrite history and you could also argue Rudy helped this team get more confident and embrace defense beyond his inidividual performances, but it's hard not to imagine the possibilties and flexibility MIN would have with the current roster minus Rudy but plus all the draft capital they lost for him and that corresponds to a star/superstar or a couple elite role players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching OKC and Minnesota shows that a team loaded with crafty veterans is not the only model for playoff success.
    Length, switchability and speed seem to winning so far this year. The younger teams are running older players off the court. Gobert and old man Conley being exceptions.

This bodes well for the Spurs, but, will take a couple of seasons to rebuild.

This might be an overreaction, but, I believe that OKC will be our nemesis for a decade. Minny for at least 5 yrs. Mavs, Pelicans, Clippers, Grizzlies and Rockets will be a task to overcome for a few seasons, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching OKC and Minnesota shows that a team loaded with crafty veterans is not the only model for playoff success.
    Length, switchability and speed seem to winning so far this year. The younger teams are running older players off the court. Gobert and old man Conley being exceptions.

This bodes well for the Spurs, but, will take a couple of seasons to rebuild.

This might be an overreaction, but, I believe that OKC will be our nemesis for a decade. Minny for at least 5 yrs. Mavs, Pelicans, Clippers, Grizzlies and Rockets will be a task to overcome for a few seasons, too.
    Dont count out the lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wolves vs. Celtics will be the finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wolves vs. Celtics will be the finals
    Probably.. and if the wolves win media are going to talk about edwards as the face of the nba instead of wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably.. and if the wolves win media are going to talk about edwards as the face of the nba instead of wemby.
    If Edwards takes them that far he would deserve that easily. But that's a long ways away. Nikola Jokic is not going out without a huge fight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Edwards takes them that far he would deserve that easily. But that's a long ways away. Nikola Jokic is not going out without a huge fight
    No, even if edwards win a le this year he is still far away to be the face of the nba..wembanyama is the only player that can take that spot after lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I can say it's nice seeing the West not be dominated by California teams.

Denver, Minny, and even OKC getting their time to shine

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks getting Thibs'd, they won't have any players left soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is touching Brunsons Pampers a foul?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I thought Ben Sheppard was a perplexing pick at #26 at the time but he's played well for IND and in a redraft he might not have too many guys pulling ahead of him

Pretty tight big 3 of Hali/Siakam/Tuner to still have Nembhard Nesmith and Toppin in depth I like what Pacers have done

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this Knicks team. So much heart, like a boxer who pulls out the slugfest. And there is nothing better than MSG rocking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weak, lazy D. Moves, or rather doesn't move his feet.
    Don't like it at all.
    If you tell me he's playing with a bad injury then understood.

I like the rest of them tho, agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indy seriously needs to learn how to box out when shot is in air.

Getting raped on giving up defensive rebounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brunson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I was thinking the same thing MSG was rocking these first 2 games

Thread Information