Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets facing the hardest opponent moreso than any they faced during their championship run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember, "you can't help who you play" and "all that matters is who wins", so the Nuggets' championship is as impressive is any.

The hot take crowd will be anointing the Edwards and the Timberwolves more than ever, but there isn't anything to be gleaned from this.

Their formula (which hasn't won anything yet) is not one the Spurs should follow, even if they go on to win the championship.

The biggest mistake people make is falling into the copycat trap.
    Last edited by TD 21; 1 Week Ago at 10:56 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denver has traded away 3 future first round picks and are capped out.

They may not be toast going forward but it is hard to see how they can really improve their roster other than developing their current young players. Gordon, Murray, Porter Jr, kcp are who they are. They might even lose kcp in free agency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nuggets earned their le. I’m not discrediting that but they literally played a 7th and 8th seed the last two rounds of their run. They got their wake up call. Unfortunately, Murray is hurt.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wolves were built to beat the Nuggets. Wolves GM knows where all of the Nuggets bones are buried.

With that said, I do not trust the Wolves. I’ll never trust a team with KAT on it. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stern Jr. and Joe Dindunuffinmars gonna do discipline to Jamal Murray at all?
    Throwing the heat pack on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stern Jr. and Joe Dindunuffinmars gonna do discipline to Jamal Murray at all?
    Throwing the heat pack on the court.
    Silver lets Draymond assault players without much repercussions. Why would that twink do anything now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Series is not over, lot of BB to play still.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Series is not over, lot of BB to play still.
    Game 3 will be very interesting. Obviously if the Wolves win that game then it's officially over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nuggets earned their le. I’m not discrediting that but they literally played a 7th and 8th seed the last two rounds of their run. They got their wake up call. Unfortunately, Murray is hurt.
    When healthy they are a good team. I felt after 2020 they were overdue to win at least 1 le and probably would have won earlier had Murray never tore his ACL. They ran into a buzz saw this year and also was unlucky with Murray's injury. Sometime health is not on your side during the playoffs but even if healthy I think the Wolves would still cause problems for them. Their front office also screwed up by not giving them help off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 3 will be very interesting. Obviously if the Wolves win that game then it's officially over.
    Yeah, MIN is on fuego these POs. What you want is make them doubt by stealing one in their home. Specially when you don't have a Zaza to put his foot under Ant's ankle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still lots of games to go, but a BOS-MIN finals would be super interesting. I would LOVE to see Ant alpha-dog Tatum and Brown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but but but Lebron sucks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember, "you can't help who you play" and "all that matters is who wins", so the Nuggets' championship is as impressive is any.

The hot take crowd will be anointing the Edwards and the Timberwolves more than ever, but there isn't anything to be gleaned from this.

Their formula (which hasn't won anything yet) is not one the Spurs should follow, even if they go on to win the championship.

The biggest mistake people make is falling into the copycat trap.
    What formula are you talking about? Putting a team of long, athletic defenders and three point shooters around a great shot blocker? That doesn't sound like a horrible idea for the Spurs. Ant isn't reproducible and I'm not sure Townes combo of size and shooting is either (Wemby will be better and more impactful than both), but I love the idea of the Spurs having several long, switchable, perimeter defenders and if you get past all that, then you have to deal with Victor on the back end. OKC is built that way as well to a certain extent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What formula are you talking about? Putting a team of long, athletic defenders and three point shooters around a great shot blocker? That doesn't sound like a horrible idea for the Spurs. Ant isn't reproducible and I'm not sure Townes combo of size and shooting is either (Wemby will be better and more impactful than both), but I love the idea of the Spurs having several long, switchable, perimeter defenders and if you get past all that, then you have to deal with Victor on the back end. OKC is built that way as well to a certain extent.
    The pretending you have to be built any specific way to win because of whatever is happening on the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would LOVE to see Ant alpha-dog Tatum and Brown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wolves reminding me a little of the 99 Spurs, getting hot at the right time and basically being unstoppable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naz Reid and Nickeil Alexander-Walker are also unrestricted free agents in '25. Bruce Brown too, if the price tag comes down from his ridiculous 22M+ he's making right now. Young vets with playoff experience would be important to put around Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Between the approach of the Timberwolves and the emergence of Wemby, a whole bunch of future bigs in the NBA just lucked out, and will be getting paid in a big way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naz Reid and Nickeil Alexander-Walker are also unrestricted free agents in '25. Bruce Brown too, if the price tag comes down from his ridiculous 22M+ he's making right now. Young vets with playoff experience would be important to put around Wemby.
    I think there's a better than zero chance that Toronto doesn't pick up the option on Bruce Brown and he becomes a free agent this summer. They tried to trade him at the deadline and got no takers. Maybe they hang onto him and try to dump him again at next year's deadline? Then again, they may need his contract to reach the floor next year with as much salary as they shed in the Anunoby and Siakam trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These guys will want to get paid. Good POs is money and there will be suitors.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wolves reminding me a little of the 99 Spurs, getting hot at the right time and basically being unstoppable.
    IDK if you could just call it getting hot since they were practically unbeatable the last 36 games of the season, they were just perfectly built to win in that era. Then Stern changed the rules the next season turning Mario Elie from valuable starter to ten minute a game bench scrub overnight and Sean's kidney failure robbed them of the one guy who could have played defense on the perimeter with the new rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce Brown might be one of the more overrated players in the league at this point ... dude was a nice role player off the bench, and should be treated as such until further notice. NAW looks like he'd be good starter. Another one in the Danny Green/KCP lineage perhaps.

wolves have him dirt cheap too. paying him less than 4.5m next year

wolves arent letting naz reid go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce Brown might be one of the more overrated players in the league at this point ... dude was a nice role player off the bench, and should be treated as such until further notice. NAW looks like he'd be good starter. Another one in the Danny Green/KCP lineage perhaps.

wolves have him dirt cheap too. paying him less than 4.5m next year

wolves arent letting naz reid go
    Sure, which is why I highlighted the ridiculous price tag. Probably a bunch of them are bound to get overpaid (Hartenstein is another candidate here) but some of these teams already have ridiculous payrolls and better to pay one of them than Zach Collins I guess.

Thread Information