Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Banchero is the pg. The highest area in his player usage isn't isos, post ups, hand offs, alley hoops, or pick & roll/pop. It's pick & roll ball handler. Orlando need a deadeye shooter at either guard spot, and more on the bench.
    Just because he can run some actions doesn't mean he should be the point guard. A common mistake a lot of teams make.
    He's at 4.3 assists and 4.5 turnovers in the series.

He can be a great secondary ballhandler, but a true point guard would unlock so much for that team.
    I actually think they're the team that goes for Trae.
    Their defense is scary, ridiculous size and length, they just need an elite playmaker and some more shooting. They can easily hide Trae on defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because he can run some actions doesn't mean he should be the point guard. A common mistake a lot of teams make.
    He's at 4.3 assists and 4.5 turnovers in the series.

He can be a great secondary ballhandler, but a true point guard would unlock so much for that team.
    I actually think they're the team that goes for Trae.
    Their defense is scary, ridiculous size and length, they just need an elite playmaker and some more shooting. They can easily hide Trae on defense.
    They don't have a center that can play with Trae and both of their guys forwards aren't really known snipers. Klay should be a lock there if GSW lets him go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando are onto something, starting four 6'10 players and it was actually working.
    They just need an elite point guard and they'll be contending in weak East as soon as the next year.
    Banchero is going to be elite, but he needs a point guard.
    If Orlando gets a DJ, D'Lo, etc that they've been linked too, I wonder if Suggs will become available? Maybe, as part of a 3-way deal to acquire said PG.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't have a center that can play with Trae and both of their guys forwards aren't really known snipers. Klay should be a lock there if GSW lets him go.
    WCJ is fine for now. Their rebounding isn't great, but is on par with OKC if we look at regular season stats. These big lineups allowed them to outrebound Cleveland by 4.3 rebound per game.
    Klay does seem nice, but only if he's going to be the 6th man.
    Suggs has to start because he's an amazing defender, but you can't bench Franz or Banchero.
    Suggs+Klay at guards wouldn't really work.

I guess we'll have to see if Banchero gets to the next playmaking level.

If Orlando gets a DJ, D'Lo, etc that they've been linked too, I wonder if Suggs will become available? Maybe, as part of a 3-way deal to acquire said PG.
    If only, his defense has been elite, just what we need. But no way they let him go.
    I think Banchero, Franz, Suggs is they must keep core. Unless they can get a superstar for Suggs.
    Everyone else would be available if they get something good back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WCJ is fine for now. Their rebounding isn't great, but is on par with OKC if we look at regular season stats. These big lineups allowed them to outrebound Cleveland by 4.3 rebound per game.
    Suggs has to start because he's an amazing defender, but you can't bench Franz or Banchero.

If only, his defense has been elite, just what we need. But no way they let him go.
    I think Banchero, Franz, Suggs is they must keep core. Unless they can get a superstar for Suggs.
    I'm not sure they move him either, but if they get one of the PG's they are linked with Suggs won't be as valuable as a 2G. They can certainly try it for a year, but it won't improve rhe team from where they currently are. I doubt Suggs would come off the bench, but maybe he will...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would hate the most if Bud gets to the Lakers, same way every time I see Chip with OKC.

But I think Clips and Lakers do a bidding war on Ty Lue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk replacing Shaq on TNT today, major upgrade

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is already must see TV for any basketball fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is already must see TV for any basketball fan.
    yep

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minnesota bending, but not breaking is more impressive than a blowout win, tbh.

Edwards looks like human version of MJ and Naz Reid is showing why I desperately wanted him as Wemby's partner.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naz Reid is a killer, cold-blooded. We need someone like him. Spurs, pay the man!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edwards is good. From the TPups to TWolves, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edwards game 1 reminded me of Kobe's game 1 performance against the Spurs in '01 granted I think the Nuggets are still in much better shape than the Spurs were in '01. The nuggets may have to double team Edwards and dare Conley and McDaniels to beat them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any players like edwards in this draft....maybe hollands to team up with wemby

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conley is too good (albeit reluctant) a shooter for that.

The Nuggets shouldn't overreact. Edwards is an erratic offensive player with middling efficiency, who is likely to regress any game now.

Granted, Caldwell-Pope probably doesn't have the strength and is banged up and Gordon probably doesn't have the lateral quicks and is needed on Towns/Reid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought the Nuggets would lose game 1 tbh. This is gonna be a long series imo, with the Nuggets winning in 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup, teams just don't let their most valuable players go. Unless that's in a superstar trade, and still. (And that's the same for White in Boston).
    Last edited by JPB; 1 Week Ago at 01:53 PM.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edwards is about to be the best player in the league. Jordanesque game with a three point shot, and only, what, 23? This guy is unbelievable

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edwards is about to be the best player in the league. Jordanesque game with a three point shot, and only, what, 23? This guy is unbelievable
    He'll never be better than Wemby.
    Kind of like how Kobe's flashiness was valued over Duncan's overall game. But Wemby will be flashy, so Edwards has no chance.
    Anyhow, he'll be a parennial MVP candidate.
    But he's yet to face elite wing defenders with size. OKC and Boston have those.
    If Minnesota even eliminates Denver, that is.

I think their strategy is the right way. They have bodies to throw at Jokic, make him do everything and do it all game long. If he manages to single-handedly carry against their bigs, then you shake hands and try next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic, Embiid, Antetokounmpo, Doncic and Gilgeous-Alexander are in another league from him and Wembanyama will be too.

The BSPN hype machine just can't handle the fact that they're all foreign and mostly bigs, so their narrative, which they telegraphed during the World Cup last summer, is brainwashing the masses into thinking their tried and true formula of the Jordan/Bryant archetype is better than he is.

Check his "catch-all" metrics, he's not even on track to be Bryant or Wade, neither of whom were ever the best player in the league.

They want their new "Captain America" to replace James/Curry/Durant and after trying out Tatum/Booker (not quite good, athletic or big enough personalities) and Williamson/Morant (off court transgressions made that kaput), they're onto him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Connelly was relentlessly clowned on last year for the Gobert trade, so it's kind of cool to see his vision of an oversized defensively oriented team come to fruition... I hated what Utah did with Gobert, which was to essentially think of him as the entire defense and surround him with undersized guys. Regardless of what happens vs Denver, the Timberwolves have constructed a pretty great roster, and Ant & KAT haven't even peaked yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Connelly was relentlessly clowned on last year for the Gobert trade, so it's kind of cool to see his vision of an oversized defensively oriented team come to fruition... I hated what Utah did with Gobert, which was to essentially think of him as the entire defense and surround him with undersized guys. Regardless of what happens vs Denver, the Timberwolves have constructed a pretty great roster, and Ant & KAT haven't even peaked yet.
    That is a lesson that we should learn from Utah. Put a piece of dog in the nicest tail in the world and it's garbage. Mix it right with good ingredients and it's world-beating. We shouldn't be saying Wemby can cover for a bad defensive player; we should be saying put good defensive players beside him and we'll be unbeatable...

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic, Embiid, Antetokounmpo, Doncic and Gilgeous-Alexander are in another league from him and Wembanyama will be too.

The BSPN hype machine just can't handle the fact that they're all foreign and mostly bigs, so their narrative, which they telegraphed during the World Cup last summer, is brainwashing the masses into thinking their tried and true formula of the Jordan/Bryant archetype is better than he is.

Check his "catch-all" metrics, he's not even on track to be Bryant or Wade, neither of whom were ever the best player in the league.

They want their new "Captain America" to replace James/Curry/Durant and after trying out Tatum/Booker (not quite good, athletic or big enough personalities) and Williamson/Morant (off court transgressions made that kaput), they're onto him.
    Chill out, it’s not that serious, guy. Edwards is not there yet, but he can be. You have to be dominant in the playoffs before you can be considered the best in the league, so wemby has a ways to go still. Regardless, I’m excited to see these young guys take over the playoffs and the league from the Lebron/durant/curry era.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They mentioned on one of the broadcasts that before signing Gobert - the coach swore to him that if they acquired Gobert and they were in a playoffs series and the opponent went small - that the coach - would not go small under any cir stances.

Pop would go small and throw a series by playing to the opponents strengths - for certain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was kinda hoping Cleveland would screw this up so we'd have a shot at Mitc joining Wama.
    But Cleveland really turning it around in the 3rd.

Thread Information