Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously? He destroyed their reputation, set the franchise back years (without his antics, he'd have went for a Davis esque haul) and had they not lucked into Wembanyama, they'd still be reeling with no end in sight.
    It didn’t destroy their reputation with the person who mattered the most - Wembanyama. He wanted to be a Spur and got his wish.

Oddly enough Kawhi is still living off his reputation as a Spur.

Now that time has passed - most media/NBA execs have come to the realization that Kawhi and his uncle are high maintenance sideshows.

Everyone got what they rightfully deserved in the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Put a fork in it. He’s done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol nephew

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant even root against this guy, he is always out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no timetable for return

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It didn’t destroy their reputation with the person who mattered the most - Wembanyama. He wanted to be a Spur and got his wish.

Oddly enough Kawhi is still living off his reputation as a Spur.

Now that time has passed - most media/NBA execs have come to the realization that Kawhi and his uncle are high maintenance sideshows.

Everyone got what they rightfully deserved in the end.
    I disagree he lives off of his championship run with the Raptors. That run put him in good standing among the media, league, etc for the last several years. It's also why he got be a top 75 great. Without that run he doesn't get the honor. One of the many reasons I wanted the Spurs to send him to a crappy team so he couldn't win a le. Pop did the stupidest thing by sending him to Toronto where he could succeed instead of sending him to Charlotte where he could fail. Either way it's water under the bridge with the Spurs now luckily getting Victor Wembanyama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be sick if Wembys first ring path went though Leonard as poetic justice but it's gotta be soon glass klaw is shattering

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be sick if Wembys first ring path went though Leonard as poetic justice but it's gotta be soon glass klaw is shattering
    Regardless of neph status going forward, Clippers are going to extend Harden and George running all three in to their NBA graves.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clips with Kawhi 0 - 2

Clips without Kawhi 2 - 0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did us a solid tbh. I’m glad I ended up correct about us not giving him the supermax. I was a one man island on not paying nephew
    it would’ve been worth the Championship we gave to Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew
    clippers play better without him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers will fail in the next round if they get through Mavericks' Irving and Doncic

Post Count
    lol Thunder about to have the Warriors 2015 luck. Chet about to win a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Thunder about to have the Warriors 2015 luck. Chet about to win a le.
    Thunder fans will claim he's better than Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Suns
    lol superteam that would have been better 5 years ago

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree he lives off of his championship run with the Raptors. That run put him in good standing among the media, league, etc for the last several years. It's also why he got be a top 75 great. Without that run he doesn't get the honor. One of the many reasons I wanted the Spurs to send him to a crappy team so he couldn't win a le. Pop did the stupidest thing by sending him to Toronto where he could succeed instead of sending him to Charlotte where he could fail. Either way it's water under the bridge with the Spurs now luckily getting Victor Wembanyama.
    Stop it. No one takes that run seriously. LBJ moved to the west and Durant blew out his Achilles.

He had a championship - Finals MVP - x2 DPOY before landing there. He was a lock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clips with Kawhi 0 - 2

Clips without Kawhi 2 - 0

love it!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop it. No one takes that run seriously. LBJ moved to the west and Durant blew out his Achilles.

He had a championship - Finals MVP - x2 DPOY before landing there. He was a lock.
    You are in complete denial that le run set him up for several years. It is the reason why the media didn't criticize until now for his load management and not showing up for games. There was a belief by the media that he was a proven winner and that he knew how to win by doing his "load management" since he won in '19 they didn't question him.

Winning 1 Finals MVP, 2 DPOY was not enough to get that 75 greatest slot. Plenty of players have similar resumes but couldn't get on that list. Kawhi winning that '19 le solidified him since he won it being that number 1 guy. Prior to that run the media consistently questioned whether or not he was a legit superstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would’ve been worth the Championship we gave to Toronto.
    He doesn't play hurt like he did in Toronto if we give him the bag. The dude was limping that playoffs. He would've sat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi really did us a solid by being such an unprofessional pos. If he wasn't such a got ghosting the team and disappearing they probably would have supermaxed him and here we'd be six years later wondering if we could get 50 games and a playoff series out of him next season.
    Exactly, we upgraded superstars. We got the best years out of Kawhi before he started to fall apart, and then we dumped him to make room for an even better player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, we upgraded superstars. We got the best years out of Kawhi before he started to fall apart, and then we dumped him to make room for an even better player.
    Nice, that storyline really crystalized over time

Spurs age like wine, love this club

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi really did us a solid by being such an unprofessional pos. If he wasn't such a got ghosting the team and disappearing they probably would have supermaxed him and here we'd be six years later wondering if we could get 50 games and a playoff series out of him next season.
    Imagine us paying Kawhi between 40 and 50 million for him to play 50 to 60 games and get hurt before or in the 1st round.

Kawhi always being hurt is the reason the Clippers are going to be forced to pay Harden big money who will turn to as soon as he has to play against okc in the second round.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would spurs unjustly maligned medical staff have been able to manage kawhis chronic condition more effectively ely?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Would spurs unjustly maligned medical staff have been able to manage kawhis chronic condition more effectively ely?
    The Spurs managed it fine by sending him packing. I don't know if I've ever seen such a talented player be so fragile. Even AD isn't that fragile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think so. That right leg has been cooked for a while. Even in 2019 he was visibly limping and playing through pain deep in the playoffs. He and Raps were lucky to face a decimated Dubs team. From there on...

2020 - Load managed and got bubble rest but his legs still ran outta gas in final two games vs Nuggets. Dude was dog out there in the 2nd half of games 6 & 7. But escaped criticism cuz Pandemic Pee was hitting the side of the back board out there.

2021 - Load managed but still got injured.

2022 - Missed due to previous injury.

2023 - Load managed but still got injured.

2024 - Not load managed to try and build stamina and... still injured.

Thread Information