Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I‘m pretty sure if the people on this board were NBA players, the majority of them wouldn‘t want to play for the Spurs and their senile head coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    16-19 NBA career years for the big 3, not bad. Most of them reside in San Antonio

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a player from the inner city says the Spurs "weren't for him" that really means SA is boring city that has no night life. That's really what it comes down to. Spurs did everything for Rudy. They even overpaid him at the end of his career. He should not be complaining about anything.

Not much Spurs can do about the boring night life aspect of the city. They can give God like treatment to these players, and they would still complain. This is why I don't take it seriously when they say stuff criticizing the organization. They say the same about any small marketplace. It is what it is.
    Considering many players have had no problem throwing non glamor cities (including this one) under the bus over the years, I doubt it.

What they mean is it's not an organization with an environment that has many of them and by extension their culture around, so they feel like outsiders.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering many players have had no problem throwing non glamor cities (including this one) under the bus over the years, I doubt it.

What they mean is it's not an organization with an environment that has many of them and by extension their culture around, so they feel like outsiders.
    That's not true guys have complained about playing in OKC, Portland, Milwaukee, Salt Lake, Indiana, in the past. Notice all those places have 1 thing in common which is they are boring entertainment wise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not true guys have complained about playing in OKC, Portland, Milwaukee, Salt Lake, Indiana, in the past. Notice all those places have 1 thing in common which is they are boring entertainment wise.
    Yeah, that's basically what I said. If it were about the city, he'd have likely just said that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not weird at all especially considering that he was there during the Nephew debacle. Even Danny Green has thrown some slight shade at the org after his departure. Players not 100% loving everything about FO is not out of the ordinary tbh. I also wouldnt be surprised if the FO operates with a sense of arrogance that rubs some players the wrong way (a la the Patriots in the NFL)

I think fans get thrown off by comments like that because they give PATFO way too much credit for this franchise's success over the years.

We should never forget that PATFO were made by Duncan, point blank. They were irrelevant before (blah blah DRob) and have been largely irrelevant since Timmy retired.

Thankfully they lucked into yet another generational big man that can hopefully carry them once again tbh.
    100%

I think fans also get thrown off because it's entirely possible that these players (Rudy, LMA, etc) respect and care for Pop as a person but still aren't fans of his bull . I'm sure a lot of that have people we work with that we really like as humans, and want to be successful and happy... but have plenty of criticism about the way they do their jobs. Professional basketball isn't any different.

Bottom line - Pop's an old geezer who does like grab a mic to condemn fans for booing. What else needs to be seen to know this guy is completely out of touch? Now the Sniff crew will bring out the torches for our sweet Prince Rudy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy ain't talking about the city's nightlife Homeboy's career stops were Memphis, Toronto, Sacramento, SA and Utah. Among those, only Toronto has big city night life. I doubt Rudy got to San Antonio and was suddenly shocked that it wasn't Vegas.

Thread Information