Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do'nt believe Kncks even make the POs in the East. That's a pretty mediocre team to me, Brunson and a bunch of guys. that's how bad the East is.
    My point was that they managed to build a very good roster with smart, cheap moves and didn't look for star power.
    They're a play-in team in the West, but that roster would be more or less perfect for Wemby if Brunson was a couple of inches taller.
    If someone asked me if I'd take Hart and OG as long-term solutions on wing positions, I'd ask them where do I sign.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we can be in the playoffs nxt year.But pop gotta stop his with his ego and favotorism with players and coaching.
    He stuck with collins and branham thru out the year even tho they were terrible on both sides of the court.He didnt give other players
    a chance to prove themselves like graham and mamu which was disgraceful.Stop babying wemby with min restriction.
    With the decline with warriors and lakers,Think we can be as good or better then them if pop does his fcking job.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we can be in the playoffs nxt year.But pop gotta stop his with his ego and favotorism with players and coaching.
    He stuck with collins and branham thru out the year even tho they were terrible on both sides of the court.He didnt give other players
    a chance to prove themselves like graham and mamu which was disgraceful.Stop babying wemby with min restriction.
    With the decline with warriors and lakers,Think we can be as good or better then them if pop does his fcking job.
    I don't want the playoffs next year. I want two top ten picks in next year's draft to land a couple of future all stars. Then the foundation is set for a future dynasty team.

The team still needs talent and this year's draft isn't going to add an all star talent. Be patient for one more year.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point was that they managed to build a very good roster with smart, cheap moves and didn't look for star power.
    They're a play-in team in the West, but that roster would be more or less perfect for Wemby if Brunson was a couple of inches taller.
    If someone asked me if I'd take Hart and OG as long-term solutions on wing positions, I'd ask them where do I sign.
    Target another superstar talent like Ace Bailey in next year's draft to build with Wemby.

That's how you get a dynasty not targeting marginal average players around Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want the playoffs next year. I want two top ten picks in next year's draft to land a couple of future all stars. Then the foundation is set for a future dynasty team.

The team still needs talent and this year's draft isn't going to add an all star talent. Be patient for one more year.
    well wemby wants the playoffs...Dont matter what the fans want,Or coaching or management want.You better believe
    wemby wants in on the playoffs next year.Or at least sum type of team improvement to get close to the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks' playoff rotation consists of: 33rd, 17th, 30th, 19th, 43rd, 36th, 36th and 20th pick.

It's all about front office competence and good coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft Risacher and Reed with their ‘24 picks. Trade the Chi 1st, Spurs ‘27 pick for Murray. Go into 2025 with 3 picks to utilize and a better FA class to shore up your front court. At some point, unload Keldon and Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sochan 'experiment' wasn't to lose games. The team said they wanted to try things out and see what worked. Why don't you believe them?

They legitimately wanted to see if this could work, while making adjustments. I'm honestly very confused why you, or anybody, would think they were just straight up trying to lose games. If so, why play anybody? Just play Sir'Jabari Rice.
    Playing Sochan at PG gets him experience with ballhandling and playmaking, which in the long term makes him a better all around player. it's a luxury you have if winning games isn't a priority-- thus a win win situation where you can disguise your tanking as player development while actually doing legit player development.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really don't follow anything that's happening around the league, do you?
    Knicks have been a joke for around two decades, Leon Rose comes in and turns them into a legit playoff team within a few years.
    Didn't use many assets, they still own all of their picks and Randle who's not even playing is also on a good contract.
    If a superstar asks out, that's a great package. And they've got the big market draw.

They won't win anything with this roster, but they're in a good position to make further improvements.

Meanwhile, we're waiting for the lottery outcome for the fifth straight season.
    If those balls bounced differently last year, we would still be the worst team in the league with no realistic way of getting into the playoffs for at least three more years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really don't follow anything that's happening around the league, do you?
    Knicks have been a joke for around two decades, Leon Rose comes in and turns them into a legit playoff team within a few years.
    Didn't use many assets, they still own all of their picks and Randle who's not even playing is also on a good contract.
    If a superstar asks out, that's a great package. And they've got the big market draw.

They won't win anything with this roster, but they're in a good position to make further improvements.

Meanwhile, we're waiting for the lottery outcome for the fifth straight season.
    If those balls bounced differently last year, we would still be the worst team in the league with no realistic way of getting into the playoffs for at least three more years.
    Relax. It’s a joke.

Besides, the Knicks aren’t even that good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts on offering Paul George a big contract to woo him from LA? Or do you think he is sixers bound if he leaves?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts on offering Paul George a big contract to woo him from LA? Or do you think he is sixers bound if he leaves?
    He definitely is not over himself. I can’t see the Spurs wanting him at this point in his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very much interested in not acquiring soft diva.
    Massively overpaid to boot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like PG13, but after waiving Graham we'll still only have about $24MM in cap space and I think the most we can free up is around $27MM. So we aren't going to be able to get PG13 as a direct signing.

He's been able to stay healthy, but he just turned 34 and I'm sure will be looking for a 4-year deal. If it were a 2-year deal, I'd be very intrigued.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could probably get a max slot if they really wanted to. The question is, should they want to for George?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think LeBron is tricking a lot of people into thinking that staying effective & impactful up until 38/39 is going to become the norm. People need to remember that Carmelo Anthony is also 39, and Dwight Howard is 38. Longevity in sports has certainly changed in the last decade, but it's still a big risk giving a huge 4 year contract to a 34/35 yr old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could probably get a max slot if they really wanted to. The question is, should they want to for George?
    TBH I'd much rather have George on a 2/100 (if that is even possible, I don't fully know the rules on short term deals) than Middleton on his remaining 2/65 (second year player option) that will require assets to obtain. I don't want PG13 on anything longer than a 2 year deal though.

I'll add to this and say that overpaying on a 2-year deal like Houston did with FVV makes a lot of sense while you have your core on rookie deals. Right now the Spurs have a max-level player (Wemby) playing for essentially the MLE. We should take advantage of that while we can. While it would be a much lesser splash, I'd feel the same way about Monk on a 2/50 or 3/70.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH I'd much rather have George on a 2/100 (if that is even possible, I don't fully know the rules on short term deals) than Middleton on his remaining 2/65 (second year player option) that will require assets to obtain. I don't want PG13 on anything longer than a 2 year deal though.

I'll add to this and say that overpaying on a 2-year deal like Houston did with FVV makes a lot of sense while you have your core on rookie deals. Right now the Spurs have a max-level player (Wemby) playing for essentially the MLE. We should take advantage of that while we can. While it would be a much lesser splash, I'd feel the same way about Monk on a 2/50 or 3/70.
    Agreed, especially with your final point of utilizing Wemby's rookie deal.
    I'd say deals for players 32 or older shouldn't be longer than 2 years.
    I wouldn't trade any FRPs for players older than 28 or so unless they're legit superstars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how to free up the space to do it, but I imagine it must involve moving Keldon and Collins. So for this scenario I'm just going to assume that somehow give them away for nothing and we sign PG13 for 2/100.

Draft Dilly and Matas or Holland.

Bring back Cedi on a vet min deal.

Next year's lineup:

Tre/Dilly/Blake
    Vassell/Branham/Some TBD SRP
    PG13/Matas or Holland/Champ
    Sochan/Cedi/Mamu
    Wemby/Bassey/Barlow

All assets left intact (assumes TOR pick conveys).

Branham getting real minutes is a real weak spot, but PG13 could fill in SG minutes as well limiting Bran's PT. PF remains a weak point as well, maybe Matas fills in there if he hits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if its for the maximum, why not?

wait...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but seriously, i'd gladly overpay george for a 3 year deal while wemby is still on his rookie deal. the amount of draft capital it would take to pry open the cap space would pale in comparison to the draft capital needed to trade for somebody of similar ability

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Potential sparks flying in Miami with Jimmy Buckets. If hits the fan we might be able to help facilitate a trade with whatever team is stupid enough to pay up the ass in assets for the opportunity to pay another aging star 50m a season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs send
    Craig Pop
    KJ
    one 1st round pick protected

Lakers send
    Lebron
    Dinwiddle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pipedream offseason (none of these moves have a ass chance of happening, but bare with me):

TRADES:

-All of the Hawks' picks + Keldon Johnson + Cash consideration for Cade Cunningham (and filler).

-'24 Spurs lottery pick + cash consideration + Devonte Graham for Naz Reid.

-Raptors pick + Bulls Pick + Collins for Herb Jones.

FREE AGENCY:

-Sign Royce O'neal for 2 years.

ROTATION:

8 man rotation:

Cade (36 mins)
    Vassell (35 mins)
    Herb (35 mins)
    Sochan (32 mins)
    Wemby (33 mins)

Tre (20 mins)
    Royce (21 mins)
    Reid (31 mins)