Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A whole season of data indicates that Wemby was way more impactful than Gobert on the defensive side of the ball, tbh.
    I'm well aware of the data, but the point is bringing up one game as some sort of proof of concept is nonsense, yet typical of hot take culture.

It's the same game those with agendas against certain players play after every game their team wins without them (absent context), yet somehow the opposite never seems to count.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expected DPOY of the year result. The On/Off defensive splits for Wemby are compelling but HOPEFULLY someone in the front office looks at that and sees it as a glaring need to improve the team around Wemby, as opposed to some slight that really doesn't matter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby should have a nice chip on his shoulder next season thanks to this DPOY vote.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Expected DPOY of the year result. The On/Off defensive splits for Wemby are compelling but HOPEFULLY someone in the front office looks at that and sees it as a glaring need to improve the team around Wemby, as opposed to some slight that really doesn't matter.
    If it was my front office, they'd let someone go because Victor is doing the work of two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, if it were the best defensive player on a top contending team - Duncan would be pushing double digits instead of having 0. That alone makes the award completely meaningless.

Honestly - do any of the individual accolades hold any merit BESIDES Finals MVP? These awards are voted by mostly non-athletes that thrive on media-driven narratives and agendas. They have no value. - losing the DPoY when Wemby was clearly the best individual defensive force in the league may be good for the Spurs - he may take it to the next level in large part due to this next season. He has shown that mentality all year.

Having said that Gobert is an awesome defender and has been his entire career. I remembered actually liking him when he was on the Jazz and I never got all the hate for him. There has definitely been way worse recipients than him. That team is incredibly fun to watch and they are all playing defense at a high level. Wolves are historically a bottom three franchise - the fans deserve some to get excited about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the schedule for the upcoming awards:

Thread Information