Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No one gives a about Phoenix, that franchise is in smoldering ruins. Their draft situation is completely ed with them either losing their picks unprotected in odd numbered years or being on the wrong side of pick swaps on even numbered years until and through 2030. Beal is an enormous contract with no trade value and Durant is an enormous contract that they'll never get anything close to the value they paid for it if they sell it, and they're probably too stubborn to move Booker who would have serious trade value right now. Anyways, they have locked in O'fer through the decade bare minimum, but probably until the mid 2030s.
    I give a , a big one.

And I'll hold you to this declaration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They weren't letting anyone get a clean 1st look. MPJ would have to put the ball on the floor after an up fake to reposition since a defender was in his face, and he'd miss after. Barring an injury to AE or KAT, the road seems clear for them.
    ...that'd make the Suns day..."There is no shame, not even a skunker would seem to invoke to lose to the eventual NBA Champion Minnesota Timberwolves. They even said I've been told they said that our Suns were their roughest test, skunker regardless on the road to this NBA Championship. Also note the Lakers almost got skunked, so, we feel pretty darn good going with our team. Season tickets go on sale soon, Matzeltoph."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ain't nothin' like pickin' a good booger. That one where when you extract it you can hear it separate out from that little hole back there in your snout and for like the next 3 minutes you can breath all the way back. It's glorious.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I give a , a big one.

And I'll hold you to this declaration.
    Old with a $200 million payroll and no good draft picks is pretty much a guarantee of disaster over the mid to long term. They'll make it look respectable for another year or two on Durant's back and then they're back in the lottery once he walks in two years. Having to pay Beal $50 million to $57 million a year over the next three seasons means they cannot make any move to improve the team in any meaningful way. They've blown past the second apron of the luxury tax which kills their ability to aggregate salaries to trade for a more expensive player, they'll only have a taxpayer midlevel exception of $5 million to spend on free agents instead of the nearly $13 million non luxury tax teams get so they're not getting anything good there, some of their draft swaps are so mortgaged they get the worst out of three picks instead the worst out of two, etc, it's ing bleak for them. Their only hope would be lucking into the next Giannis with a mid first round pick but this is the franchise who drafted Dragan Bender, Josh Jackson, DeAndre Ayton, and Jarrett Culver in back to back to back to back years with top 5 picks then Jalen Smith (at 10) and Day'Ron Sharpe as their first round picks in the 2020s. So they're just not the front office that's going to uncover a diamond in the rough in the draft. Of all the teams in the league they're probably the biggest trainwreck so you'll be eating good on Suns fans tears for many more years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Old with a $200 million payroll and no good draft picks is pretty much a guarantee of disaster over the mid to long term. They'll make it look respectable for another year or two on Durant's back and then they're back in the lottery once he walks in two years. Having to pay Beal $50 million to $57 million a year over the next three seasons means they cannot make any move to improve the team in any meaningful way. They've blown past the second apron of the luxury tax which kills their ability to aggregate salaries to trade for a more expensive player, they'll only have a taxpayer midlevel exception of $5 million to spend on free agents instead of the nearly $13 million non luxury tax teams get so they're not getting anything good there, some of their draft swaps are so mortgaged they get the worst out of three picks instead the worst out of two, etc, it's ing bleak for them. Their only hope would be lucking into the next Giannis with a mid first round pick but this is the franchise who drafted Dragan Bender, Josh Jackson, DeAndre Ayton, and Jarrett Culver in back to back to back to back years with top 5 picks then Jalen Smith (at 10) and Day'Ron Sharpe as their first round picks in the 2020s. So they're just not the front office that's going to uncover a diamond in the rough in the draft. Of all the teams in the league they're probably the biggest trainwreck so you'll be eating good on Suns fans tears for many more years.
    There was nothing wrong with Ayton, he put up 18/9 every night, but they weren't satisfied and nagged him no end. Finally Booker ordered him out..."It's either me, or, him, but you can't have both." And they ran him off. And of course they got massacred by Minnesota on the inside, but they did not and will not acknowledge that fault line, so, they blamed the skunker on no PG, which they also had in Paul, but ran him off.

Anything is possible---they could be resurrected. I hope you're right that's they're defunct, but I'll never let my guard down, not for an instant.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was nothing wrong with Ayton, he put up 18/9 every night, but they weren't satisfied and nagged him no end. Finally Booker ordered him out..."It's either me, or, him, but you can't have both." And they ran him off. And of course they got massacred by Minnesota on the inside, but they did not and will not acknowledge that fault line, so, they blamed the skunker on no PG, which they also had in Paul, but ran him off.

Anything is possible---they could be resurrected. I hope you're right that's they're defunct, but I'll never let my guard down, not for an instant.
    Picking Ayton was a major up; Doncic was clearly the prize of that draft.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Picking Ayton was a major up; Doncic was clearly the prize of that draft.
    Sure, absolutely, but that's another story they won't talk about here. It's like it never happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iirc second apron teams wont get even the taxpayer MLE

phoenix will run it back until durant leaves, so they'll still be fine in the regular season. but man, i cant think of a less enviable GM position than the Suns when you are basically forbidden from trading Booker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but this is the franchise who drafted Dragan Bender, Josh Jackson, DeAndre Ayton, and Jarrett Culver in back to back to back to back years with top 5 picks then Jalen Smith (at 10) and Day'Ron Sharpe as their first round picks in the 2020s. So they're just not the front office that's going to uncover a diamond in the rough in the draft. Of all the teams in the league they're probably the biggest trainwreck so you'll be eating good on Suns fans tears for many more years.
    Proof positive that the Suns' franchise is beyond ed up in terms of talent identification and selection. Passing up on Luka and Jamal Murray!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is he not? does he look like he's moving normal out there?
    Murray is injured, Embiid, Kawhi were injured... a lot of players are playing injured, it what it is, if you are healthy enough to play you don't use the injury card.

With dat loss Luka is now 16-19 in POs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Proof positive that the Suns' franchise is beyond ed up in terms of talent identification and selection. Passing up on Luka and Jamal Murray!!!
    And those are verboten subjects. They don't talk about 'em, lament them, or speak of them, or write about them in the printed word...NOTHING. If you call in and start any of that materiel on the radio you're off and they have a healthy 10 seconds delay so you don't get even a peep in before your cut off.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    iirc second apron teams wont get even the taxpayer MLE

phoenix will run it back until durant leaves, so they'll still be fine in the regular season. but man, i cant think of a less enviable GM position than the Suns when you are basically forbidden from trading Booker
    Don't use the term (apron), 21. I hate that term. I'll owe you one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brunsons bricks get some of the greasiest rolls to fall in.

Veteran
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Siakam looks like ... and Jim Carrey just got tossed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pacers win the next two imo. Series will come down to the Knicks' health (OG's status going forward looms large).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty impressive how Brunson gets his shot off being kinda undersized. An easy fellow to root for.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pacers win the next two imo. Series will come down to the Knicks' health (OG's status going forward looms large).
    Prayin' the Pacers take it...it'd drive MSM out of their minds. They want the Knicks here and badly.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is injured, Embiid, Kawhi were injured... a lot of players are playing injured, it what it is, if you are healthy enough to play you don't use the injury card.

With dat loss Luka is now 16-19 in POs
    i am not using any card. I am just saying the guy is not playing as he can and its pretty obvious. Embiid also looked like out there, where he couldn't move on defense and couldn't jump. And Kawhi only played 2 games, where it was also pretty clear he was injured...

Thread Information