wrong former bucks coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, We should get Bud back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never had the respect of his players. Giannis would just check himself in and out of games when he felt like it. He’s a paper tiger who can’t handle players. Waaaay too inexperienced, and now,he’ll likely never get another job after that show.
    Didn't Wemby check himself into a game this season?
    Spurs' Victor Wembanyama checked himself back into Grizzlies game despite not being 'allowed to'

https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-...te-not-allowed

Assuming exstatic will note Greek Freak did it in game(s) plural.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...especially the "it's unfair a brother, let a lone a brother who won a ring in 08 as a head coach and was a professional player for +10 years, doesn't have a coaching job" one
    By ousting a brotha who just got his 1st head coaching job and was 30-13?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never had the respect of his players. Giannis would just check himself in and out of games when he felt like it. He’s a paper tiger who can’t handle players. Waaaay too inexperienced, and now,he’ll likely never get another job after that show.
    Didn't Wemby check himself into a game this season?
    exstatic skedaddled off this thread after you asked him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, We should get Bud back
    I hope so!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How bout former Spur Steve Kerr?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Griffin is an insecure little who didn’t have a system. They were absolutely not wrong to fire him.
    really think....
    take a moment and stop.
    30-13 Adrian Griffin
    17-19 Coc Rivers

But "Griffin had to go".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the Spurs will have the record of the collapsed team one day.
    Coc keeps getting these jobs because he won a ring
    yet modern day recent NBA has had 3 coaches who won a Championship in their 1st year.
    Stheve Kerr
    Ty Lue
    Nicky Nurse

Circustances helped? Of course.
    Meahwhile you have CIA Pop playing Bryn Bryn Forms, Sochan at PG along with Pops Pets at other positions.
    Coc Rivers is 17-19 and so far 1-2 in the playoffs.
    That Championship experience.

We'll never know but i'd like to have seen what would have played out with Griffin. Hey maybe he'll get another shot.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    yet modern day recent NBA has had 3 coaches who won a Championship in their 1st year.
    Stheve Kerr
    Ty Lue
    Nicky Nurse

Circustances helped? Of course.
    Meahwhile you have CIA Pop playing Bryn Bryn Forms, Sochan at PG along with Pops Pets at other positions.
    Coc Rivers is 17-19 and so far 1-2 in the playoffs.
    That Championship experience.

We'll never know but i'd like to have seen what would have played out with Griffin. Hey maybe he'll get another shot.
    How are Kerr, Lue and Nurse doing now? Let me know when they win 5. All three walked into a winning program, much like Pop. Only one has seen more than lightning in a bottle. The myth of the great coach that coaches scrubs to the Finals is a movie narrative, not an NBA reality. 2014 was as close as you'll probably see. 2003 was pretty close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are Kerr, Lue and Nurse doing now?
    That's a huge part of my point that some veteran coach with *Championship experience is not neccessary.
    To the point of the OP, Griffin gets run so we can see Coc Rivers destroy another lineup?
    This ish from about "Griffin would have sucked for sure" from a couple above. What a load of crap.

Kerr does have the Golden gots play hard and share the ball. I will def give him that.
    Lue also has good game plans. But Playoff Puss and injured Kawhi. Cmon man no one can overcome that.
    Nurse? Embiid is 70% of what he was since he got cheapshotted in that last major injury.

Pop? Requires at least one current MVP and no less then 4 All Stars to even have a chance at a Championship. He'll still bumble away 40% of those ops. 2006 in the running for Most Stacked Roster All Time to blow a Chip.

You did not just say the 2014 Spurs rosters was average and Pop willed and strategized them to a le?
    Timmy Duncs coached that team and he was on a mission after Pop and Ginobilis disgraceful giveaway in 2013.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What, no Nurse? Guaranteed that'd be the reaction if Rivers were still coaching . . . of course, it's not about race though.

At the shameless self promoter riding TOSB Lowry, one of the worst playoff performers of at least his generation.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    That's a huge part of my point that some veteran coach with *Championship experience is not neccessary.
    To the point of the OP, Griffin gets run so we can see Coc Rivers destroy another lineup?
    This ish from about "Griffin would have sucked for sure" from a couple above. What a load of crap.

Kerr does have the Golden gots play hard and share the ball. I will def give him that.
    Lue also has good game plans. But Playoff Puss and injured Kawhi. Cmon man no one can overcome that.
    Nurse? Embiid is 70% of what he was since he got cheapshotted in that last major injury.

Pop? Requires at least one current MVP and no less then 4 All Stars to even have a chance at a Championship. He'll still bumble away 40% of those ops. 2006 in the running for Most Stacked Roster All Time to blow a Chip.

You did not just say the 2014 Spurs rosters was average and Pop willed and strategized them to a le?
    Timmy Duncs coached that team and he was on a mission after Pop and Ginobilis disgraceful giveaway in 2013.
    I get the love for Tim, especially on this forum, but every great coach has great players. In fact they define each other. Pop's coaching resume is most impressive due to how he adapted to the change in the NBA rules and tendencies, and not only changed but won. It's not like Tim said "Hey Pop, let's stop forcing everything inside and instead shoot a lot of threes, I am tired of scoring". Pretty sure Tim never uttered "Let's trade Danny Green for Kawhi Leonard" or "Boris Diaw and Tiago Splitter are the keys to winning this series".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sigh... meanwhile we're stuck with the old man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are losing Candace Dupree tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are losing Candace Dupree tho
    Any insider news on who she helped "develop" the past two years?

Not implying she was lacking. Even the great Timmy Duncs on the bench had (well chose) to sit thru Popped starting Bryn Bryn and Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sigh... meanwhile we're stuck with the old man

It's fine, Suns will fizzle out again, Durant will demand a trade and Bud will be let go within the next year or two

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud to the Suns doesn't make much sense. That team is on a downward trajectory and there's no realistic path to contention in the near future. Ishbia could throw him a bag, I guess, and he could be promised some sort of say or control in the front office on top of his coaching role, but I just don't see it, outside of the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud has to know that Suns job is horrible. There's no way he can build his system on a team controlled by flawed stars with no assets to bring in guys who can run his stuff.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could consider it because he knows Pop isn't leaving and has no other options. Perhaps he would trade Durant and retool along the way. Most importantly, perhaps he knows coaches don't have a lot of job security so he needs to keep his name out there. His perspective is possibly different than a fan's perspective.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's fine, Suns will fizzle out again, Durant will demand a trade and Bud will be let go within the next year or two
    Bud taking that job tells me that Pop isn't planning to retire in the near future. If Pop wanted to do one more year and hand it over to Bud, imo Bud would have kept the secret and stayed one more year. But he's not gonna walk out on the Suns job even if Pop retires anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach bud officially to Phoenix. 5 years/$50 mil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats a lot of money. explains why he took it. he knows he probably gets fired in 2 years and walks with the other 30 mil

but sucks that he's off the market. the old man better get off his ass and get back to the lab. bud was my dream scenario as a successor to pop

Thread Information