View Poll Results: Federal regulation on fries and potato chips?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, ban them

2 33.33%
  • Yes, tax them

3 50.00%
  • No, do nothing, #KeepAmericaFat

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for going back to real ingredients but right-wing poors like you whenever food prices increase, you can't have it both ways.
    We could have it both ways. Meat is expensive because 4 packers (Tyson, Cargill, JBS, and National Meat) control the industry and effectively work as a cartel that loots wealth from us at the grocery store and loots wealth from ranchers at auction so everyone gets ed except for these middlemen.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We could have it both ways. Meat is expensive because 4 packers (Tyson, Cargill, JBS, and National Meat) control the industry and effectively work as a cartel that loots wealth from us at the grocery store and loots wealth from ranchers at auction so everyone gets ed except for these middlemen.
    I ain't dropped one on ya in quite a long spell. I'm droppin' it. She's doin' her charokay.........okay, she's goin' to the store. "Bye, Girl, bring back cookies and stop by the MacDonald's see---if they brought back the cherry pie, darling. And get lard, lots of lard." It started, thank Christ. A screw here, a switch there, the with it when she gets back and wants to know here it's at.

"The bum just dropped it on ST."

"Dale, if you broke that playin' your games I will never forgive you."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't any of your significant others turned you onto air frying?
    Go for it.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't she a little old for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    um she good but ya she might have a younger cousin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prefer taxes over bans for most stuff like this

part of the reason unhealthy foods are popular is also because they are cheap. people are incentivized to take their kids to mcdonalds for impromptu lunch/dinner when too tired or lazy to prep food at home because frankly its easy, quick, and very cheap way to give your kids the calories they need, but comes along with all the they dont need

start making it cost prohibitive, and you'll decrease the behavior. somebody who wants that kind of treat so badly that theyre willing to knowingly overspend for it should, but should come with the public benefit of taxation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greatest discontinued food was McDonalds fried pies in the 80s. They were light and crispy. Then in the 90s they replaced that with these heavy, sludgy, baked pies that were gross and McDonalds has been worthless since.
    i still find mcdonalds enjoyable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh you're too young to know when McDonalds was way better. 's in a sad state now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The breakfast and the fries are still fine. I'll get down on a bacon mcdouble from time to time too. Sonic and Wendys still do it for me tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh you're too young to know when McDonalds was way better. 's in a sad state now.

egg/sausage mcmuffin + hash brown combo still hits, and the coffee is good

and idc what people say, i still find the bic mac to be tasty.

look man, fast food quality is usually going to be . so you gotta do something different with your burger. its why i dont like the quarter pounder. its why the whopper is dog . theyre too basic. you can make a boring, basic-ass burger if its going to be fast food quality. the only good basic fast food burger is at carl's jr with the famous/superstar because their quality is actually good

best quality fast food imho is The Habit. best bang for buck burger that i've had
    Last edited by spurraider21; 10-31-2023 at 09:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whataburger is still Whataburger...but Jesus it's expensive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...their coffee has always been on point. Not on level with Dunkin, but not much is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a Sonic right by my work. I eat breakfast there twice a week. Super sonic burrito is ing life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The breakfast and the fries are still fine. I'll get down on a bacon mcdouble from time to time too. Sonic and Wendys still do it for me tbh
    their breakast is s-tier among fast food options

their coffee is s-tier among fast food options

their main menu is actually not that good, only thing id bother ordering off main menu is the bic mac, but i think big mac holds up well compared to other fast food burgers, so that alone carries for me

their value menu (formerly dollar menu, rip inflation) is A-tier. mcdouble, mcchicken, etc

oreo mcflurry is s-tier fast food dessert

on top of that, they're ing everywhere so you can reliably find one no matter what road trip you're on. there are also 24 hour locations in popular areas

their weakness is that their main menu is pretty aside from big mac (i find quarter pounder to be bland and who the is ordering fast food fish), and they dont have good sides. fries are fine, but where are the onion rings? waffle fries?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    micky d's is the ole reliable, and #1 fast food option overall for the reasons above

if i actually want a reasonable, quality meal that i dont feel like for eating, The Habit is #1 and i have not encountered a close second. phenomenal burgers. phenomenal chicken sandwiches. amazing fries. and goated onion rings (among fast food)

#1 fast food option for late night cravings is Taco Bell (honorable mention to Tommys and that is my personal favorite but that is much more niche so im not going to rank it)

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Isn't she a little old for you?
    & her ties are sagging and they ain't original issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Taco Bell is all of us late nights lol..Ill take that late night beefy five layer burrito all day every day.

I love McDonalds breakfast but the breakfast burger at Whataburger is the standard. I get one anytime I can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly though, breakfast for me when Im not working is Mexico Lindo near my house. Those burritos son...beans, chorizo, eggs and jalapenos....but the house made tortilla makes it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    egg/sausage mcmuffin + hash brown combo still hits, and the coffee is good

and idc what people say, i still find the bic mac to be tasty.

look man, fast food quality is usually going to be . so you gotta do something different with your burger. its why i dont like the quarter pounder. its why the whopper is dog . theyre too basic. you can make a boring, basic-ass burger if its going to be fast food quality. the only good basic fast food burger is at carl's jr with the famous/superstar because their quality is actually good

best quality fast food imho is The Habit. best bang for buck burger that i've had
    I always find it strange that's Carl's Jr never has had staying power in SA. Maybe the locations have been crap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always find it strange that's Carl's Jr never has had staying power in SA. Maybe the locations have been crap
    Both of the ones I have tried in San Antonio were great when they opened and then fell off hard on quality within a year or two. They're pretty solid in LA though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no whataburger's near me, so i cant comment

is it like fatburger?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no whataburger's near me, so i cant comment

is it like fatburger?
    Nah Fatburger is way better, at least good Fatburger like the one in Westwood (one on Wilshire on the other side of the 405 always sucked). I'd probably put Whataburger a little above LA Carl's Jr though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its a thread like this that makes me wish I had become a cardiologist,,,,,

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are so fat.

If nothing else there should be a fat tax.

Not a tax on food containing fat per se (other than trans fat), but certainly a tax on fast food, fat people, and processed food/food containing proven toxic chemicals like acrylamide, HFCS, sodium nitrite, added nitrates, and others. Everything from fries to fried food to candy to beef jerky.

their breakast is s-tier among fast food options

their coffee is s-tier among fast food options

their main menu is actually not that good, only thing id bother ordering off main menu is the bic mac, but i think big mac holds up well compared to other fast food burgers, so that alone carries for me

their value menu (formerly dollar menu, rip inflation) is A-tier. mcdouble, mcchicken, etc

oreo mcflurry is s-tier fast food dessert

on top of that, they're ing everywhere so you can reliably find one no matter what road trip you're on. there are also 24 hour locations in popular areas

their weakness is that their main menu is pretty aside from big mac (i find quarter pounder to be bland and who the is ordering fast food fish), and they dont have good sides. fries are fine, but where are the onion rings? waffle fries?

Their coffee and wifi is an A-tier combo on a road trip, particularly considering how common and consistent they are location to location... that's about it. If it's one of those few McDonalds in like Montana or Canada that don't have outlets, drops to like C or D tier. But you can't beat getting a sub- $2 coffee and basically being allowed to loiter on your PC with wifi and get work done using McDonalds as your remote office... done that many times... it's nice to have a place that opens at like 5am or 6am on road trips instead of having to wait until 9am until the library opens (or worse, some libraries are closed at random times and days).

The value menu was B or C tier in the 2000s and early 2010s when everything was a buck. Good occasionally for a poor high school or college student. Now it's D and borderline F tier. I'd much rather pay a little more at a real restaurant (or eat at home) and eat something unprocessed and actually relatively healthy over paying $3.99 for a ing nasty fake-tasting chicken sandwich or mystery meat burger.

Their breakfast, apart from the greasy unhealthy hashbrowns which are edible but gross, is outright disgusting, F tier all the way. Their eggs especially are F- tier. Then again, so is every other fast food breakfast. Breakfast is something you either eat out at a dine-in restaurant, eat at home, or don't eat at all (the latter is my choice typically 97% of days).

And the quarter pounder tastes like barf. The Whopper and Whataburger are basic AF, sure, but at least they're edible... C tier, arguably D tier for Whataburger considering the sky high prices there.

Burger made at home... A- or S- tier, depending on how well I cook it and what toppings I have available.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 11-01-2023 at 01:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its a thread like this that makes me wish I had become a cardiologist,,,,,
    i actually rarely eat fast food. ate like an animal in senior year of high school and thru college though

Thread Information