Page 243 of 309 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 7710
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stumbled about this own sept. 2023 post when Givony posted an early mock draft with Risacher (and Topic) out of his top 10 and the season hadn't really started.

If any NBA franchise is reading this, you can PM me. I'm listening to offers. I know I missed Sarr, but who cares? I'm a genius.

PM: I'm close with Kevin Tran agent.
    Then tell him I wish him a slow and painful death for spamming the boards with his client's garbage

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would feel very on brand for Brian Wright to draft Cody Williams and then reach for Kyshawn George. Both young with the ability to play in various roles. (Apologies to triggering those who think the GM doesn't have a say in whom the team drafts.)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and longstanding preference for a bigger lead guard.
    Uh, when did that happen?

I remember Johnny Moore, Rod Strickland, Johnny Dawkins, Avery Johnson, Claxton, Tony, etc...etc...

All of them pretty small. , I'm 5'11" and blocked a Johnny Dawkins shot from the front in a pickup game. Not tall..none of them were tall.

Trae and Dillinger both fit the Spurs mold for SMALL guards. Tho, Personally, I like Sheppard. 6'3" would be tall for a Spurs point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Topic went from 6'8, talented, potential #1 pick PG to... some unplayable in Euroleague, 6'3 euro dude, with a long neck and a bad knee who might not crack the lottery...

AND I CALLED IT, MOFOS!

(maybe exaggerating a bit).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont dislike topic as a prospect as much as i've let on, but its just hard to get excited about a guy with that big a question mark with his shooting. seeing the spurs be among the leagues worst outside shooting teams year after year has just gotten exhausting. there are things he does very well, but i think he's going to be a legitimate project who probably wont get consistent minutes in year 1. whereas dilly/sheppard could immediately come in and be legit backup PGs for Tre

especially if we only get 1 pick, id rather it be a guy who can give the team a bit of a kick in year 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont dislike topic as a prospect as much as i've let on, but its just hard to get excited about a guy with that big a question mark with his shooting. seeing the spurs be among the leagues worst outside shooting teams year after year has just gotten exhausting. there are things he does very well, but i think he's going to be a legitimate project who probably wont get consistent minutes in year 1. whereas dilly/sheppard could immediately come in and be legit backup PGs for Tre

especially if we only get 1 pick, id rather it be a guy who can give the team a bit of a kick in year 1
    Topic seems like a smart player, but he seems pretty PnR heavy in a way that depends on him being a drive threat. If teams sag off him, that nullifies the threat. He doesn't seem a big off-ball threat because he can't shoot, so you need the ball in his hands. Is that the player who works next to Wembanyama? Kick in questionable defense and I'm not sure you're solving any problems here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really, really, really hope the Raptors pick does not convey. Next year's draft looks to be the strongest draft in a decade and I'd much rather have an extra pick there. Even if the Raptors are in the 12-15 range the talent is better than the 7-9 range this year.
    I can understand this thinking, however you're already going to have our own pick, the ATL pick and probably the CHI pick conveying next year. Best case scenario (unless you are trading away picks) would be for TOR to convey this year and CHI to not convey to 2026. I honestly don't want more than 2 FRPs in one year going forward (and honestly I probably don't even want that).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, when did that happen?

I remember Johnny Moore, Rod Strickland, Johnny Dawkins, Avery Johnson, Claxton, Tony, etc...etc...

All of them pretty small. , I'm 5'11" and blocked a Johnny Dawkins shot from the front in a pickup game. Not tall..none of them were tall.

Trae and Dillinger both fit the Spurs mold for SMALL guards. Tho, Personally, I like Sheppard. 6'3" would be tall for a Spurs point guard.
    Their PG picks in the first round for the last 15 years have been George Hill, Corey Joseph, Dejounte Murray, Derrick White, Josh Primo, and Blake Wesley. Joseph is the smallest one at 6'2" 200 lbs, everyone else 6'4" and up. I want Dilly or Sheppard too but am scared they'll go Topic just for his size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would feel very on brand for Brian Wright to draft Cody Williams and then reach for Kyshawn George. Both young with the ability to play in various roles. (Apologies to triggering those who think the GM doesn't have a say in whom the team drafts.)
    That's not a horrible result to me. I'm not a huge Williams fan but see the idea of going for him in this draft and I've marked George as a guy who is slotted later than he should be. (I think he'll rise.)

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can understand this thinking, however you're already going to have our own pick, the ATL pick and probably the CHI pick conveying next year. Best case scenario (unless you are trading away picks) would be for TOR to convey this year and CHI to not convey to 2026. I honestly don't want more than 2 FRPs in one year going forward (and honestly I probably don't even want that).
    As much as I have talked about Holland I think you guys have convinced me and I'm kind of warming up to the idea of swinging for the fences with him and hope the coaching staff can work the same magic they did with Kawhi when he came here raw as . Though the Spurs really need to get that Toronto pick to be able to be so reckless that way they can pick up a Dillingham, Sheppard, or Risacher and have someone who can produce from Day 1 also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I have talked about Holland I think you guys have convinced me and I'm kind of warming up to the idea of swinging for the fences with him and hope the coaching staff can work the same magic they did with Kawhi when he came here raw as . Though the Spurs really need to get that Toronto pick to be able to be so reckless that way they can pick up a Dillingham, Sheppard, or Risacher and have someone who can produce from Day 1 also.
    Ron Holland vs. Jonathan Kuminga coming out of Ignite are statistically the same player other than more scoring and more than twice as many steals.

https://tankathon.com/players/compar...nathan-kuminga

A little nuts since people were going wild over Kuminga during his draft.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think PATFO's first choice would be Risacher, but we're not getting him if we don't move into top3.
    As for immediate contribution, none of these players except Sarr look NBA ready.
    Maybe Knecht, but he's 23.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep saying Sarr is NBA ready? He doesn't even start for his NBL team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the top two will go Dilly and Sarr in some order. Dilly's the best bet on offense and Sarr is the best bet on defense. Warming up on Sarr a lot. His defense really raises his floor as a prospect. Still not a fit with Wemby tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep saying Sarr is NBA ready? He doesn't even start for his NBL team.
    Because he's got a great combination of size and agility. Rim protection and switchability are invaluable in today's NBA.
    He's a better prospect than afor example Lively who turned out to be an important piece for a serious playoff team.

Maybe not on the level of usual #1 prospects, but better than anyone else in this class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Baylor Scheierman is already 23 years old

Would otherwise be a good target around #35

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron Holland on an ISLAND oof

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's got a great combination of size and agility. Rim protection and switchability are invaluable in today's NBA.
    He's a better prospect than afor example Lively who turned out to be an important piece for a serious playoff team.

Maybe not on the level of usual #1 prospects, but better than anyone else in this class.
    I just don't know if Sarr is ready to contribute much. In fact, most prognosticators say he's some years from really contributing. I would personally be happy to take Lively over him and feel Sarr should be closer to #10 than #1. Maybe in a real draft year, like last year, Sarr would go where Lively did... and he's not as ready as Lively was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher is a lock at #1 now imo after his solid performances these last 3 weeks in front of NBA scouts.

I dont see a world where spurs pick Topic and my bold prediction is Topic will be back to Europe after his rookie contract.

I'll delete this post ofc, it none of that happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Sarr is about the same level of prospect as Lively (picked 10th) and Duren (picked 13th). That says a lot about the rest of this year's draft.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan didn't start for his college team. He was starting for the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan didn't start for his college team. He was starting for the spurs.
    We've established why. Now explain why Sarr ain't start and only gets fourteen minutes a game and every observer says he won't be ready for a long time.

Thread Information