Page 278 of 278 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278
Results 6,926 to 6,936 of 6936
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edey is likely going to be the ROTY. Plays intense with a chip on his shoulder. Problem is, the Rockets may pick him first. They already own Wemby with Sengun's and Brooks' bulk and bully ball. Edey will only improve on their dominance for the next few years.
    I thought he was more in conversation outside of the top 20.. i mean it is pretty obvious he'll never be a 15ppg+ player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people want Castle at point? Even if he can shoot the 3, he's still not a pull up threat, can't bend the defense and we'd have to settle for outside shots. We need somebody who can get in the lane and get the other guys easy buckets. Our team is as bad on offense as it is on defense.
    people suddenly love him more than every because of his 30 attempts with no defense at the combine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love for the Rockets to waste their #3 pick on a center, since these are the easiest players to obtain in free agency and Sengun will never be able to play the 4 without a 3-point shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question: just saw that Dillingham is with Klutch - does that impact the Spurs consideration of him at all?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because people are enamored with the defensive potential. Problem is they forget how offensively inept our team is

Id much rather take a chance on a high ceiling offensive player. We need scoring desperately on this team
    Exactly. I mean nobody wants a traffic cone but the Spurs desperately need scoring and play making. This is the way the league is now. Wemby it's going to be able to help cover some flaws defensively. You have to have guys that can score when it matters. Can't wind up being a one-man show like Minnesota.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people suddenly love him more than every because of his 30 attempts with no defense at the combine
    with enough practice he can become Steph Curry

Serious question: just saw that Dillingham is with Klutch - does that impact the Spurs consideration of him at all?
    Keldon is also with clutch. I don't think there is a problem with them. They handled the Morris fiasco as professional as they could back in the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an overreact, sure, but him measuring at 6'5.5" without shoes isn't a small detail, that's wing size so if he doesn't pan out as a full time PG at least he has a pretty safe place as a high end role player at the wing. I want Dillingham for PG, but getting Castle alongside him (or another shooter) is more palatable to me now that it was before.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero impact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an overreact, sure, but him measuring at 6'5.5" without shoes isn't a small detail, that's wing size so if he doesn't pan out as a full time PG at least he has a pretty safe place as a high end role player at the wing. I want Dillingham for PG, but getting Castle alongside him (or another shooter) is more palatable to me now that it was before.
    ive been warm on castle for a while, so its not like i dislike him as a prospect. i think he'd be a solid outcome at 8. if we would up with him and dillingham, or him and sheppard, i'd be pretty happy.

to be fair, even though i like dillingham more, if they're both there at 4, i think theres a better chance of dillingham falling all the way to 8 than castle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What an awful scenario if Castle goes 2 and Reed goes 3. Lawd help us.
    By god, that's Risacher's music.

Why do people want Castle at point? Even if he can shoot the 3, he's still not a pull up threat, can't bend the defense and we'd have to settle for outside shots. We need somebody who can get in the lane and get the other guys easy buckets. Our team is as bad on offense as it is on defense.
    Because they seem to think they're going to build the next core of a dynasty in one draft, are scared off of small guards and believe the Spurs have magic pixie dust and will sprinkle some and turn non shooters into good enough ones to be respected.

This team is worse offensively than defensively and will always be minimally above average at the latter with Wembanyama on the floor.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had to pick one draft prospect in the last 3-4 years who would have a the best chance of developing into an SGA-stopper or at least neutralizer while still being able to play big playoff-caliber minutes, it'd probably be one of the Thompson twins. But after those two, your best bet is probably Castle or maybe Dyson Daniels. More size than Cason Wallace and Suggs, stronger than Anthony Black, better at the POA than Devin Vassell, better at defending guards than Eason/Sochan/Jabari Smith.

Just like Sochan may be uniquely valuable on wing creators like Barnes and Luka because of his combination of speed and strength, Castle may be equally valuable on guys like SGA and maybe Ant. It's a small point, but as these are next-gen superstars who will be competing directly with the Spurs for the next 7-10 years, it may be helpful to start looking early. OKC would have no issue spending a high draft pick on a guy who could match up well with Wemby if given the opportunity.

Thread Information